Multi-brand Vivant Alternate

zombonaut

Afraid so! I wonder if they might be able to fix this passive battery drain issue with a FW update.

Overall though, I think this is the budget vape champ right now. Especially now that the CU is fixed.

zombonaut,
Reactions: DarkSm0ke

beefsupreme

i never turn mine off, only time it goes off is when the battery is removed... i dont lose any battery% overnight..

are you sure the cat isnt sneaking a toke while you're sleeping? ;)

Interesting. Are you on Firmware 1.02 by the way, or 1.00 that it shipped with? I only noticed this happening once I went to 1.02 (but I wasn't looking closely at the numbers until I picked up the vape a few days ago and it read 30% and ran out of power during heatup..)

and @oddjobold I think you'll be pretty happy. I'm most impressed with the minimal draw restriction. I thought my Boundless devices weren't bad until I tried this one and its an order of magnitude better and instantly clouds up at 370F.

beefsupreme,

xlr8shun

Interesting. Are you on Firmware 1.02 by the way, or 1.00 that it shipped with? I only noticed this happening once I went to 1.02 (but I wasn't looking closely at the numbers until I picked up the vape a few days ago and it read 30% and ran out of power during heatup..)

and @oddjobold I think you'll be pretty happy. I'm most impressed with the minimal draw restriction. I thought my Boundless devices weren't bad until I tried this one and its an order of magnitude better and instantly clouds up at 370F.

i am on fw 1.02.. i upgraded immediately after confirming the unit powered on and heated up.

now, i have not taken note of battery % when i go to bed and then when i wake up.. but with the whole top cap fiasco, there was a week straight where i didnt use it, and the battery was left in it, in 'sleep mode'.. when i picked it back up, it still had almost full battery. if it was draining overnight, i wouldnt have had a battery left at all after the week of no use.

florduh

Mine shipped yesterday as well, and it's expected to arrive on the 11th! Can't wait to use my Alternate again (even though I'm loving my Vapcap :nod:).

Yeah I've only been using VapCaps but I just picked one up from PIU for situations where I don't want to be using a lighter. Or if I'm sharing and don't feel like playing teacher.

gienkollo

are you sure the cat isnt sneaking a toke while you're sleeping?
Haha maybe THAT happened :D if you ask me probably i'm not sure, maybe it was me toking secretly hiding under cover of night
there was a week straight where i didnt use it, and the battery was left in it, in 'sleep mode'.. when i picked it back up, it still had almost full battery. if it was draining overnight, i wouldn't have had a battery left at all after the week of no use.
Same here i had couple day with Air, because of more like slow session mood. I never bother to switch off as well i didn't notice any draining between uses, but to be honest i didn't write down percentage before sleep and when wake up. But never gets me attention that is percentage big drop, i noticed this after session cut off then it sometimes dropping like 30% at once.

Last edited:
gienkollo,

mash

I haven't noticed the drop off while in standby.... im not sure how much I trust the gage tho.

Using the LG hg2 batteries.... havent really used the Sony one shipped

DarkSm0ke

I see that Heaven's Gift is sending out replacement caps already and PIU too. Has anyone gotten replacement caps from @Vivant yet? I sent in a request last week 2X and never got a response to either email :shrug:

EDIT found the response email... from a few days ago... but it looks like @Vivant is not interested in replacing the OG mouth pieces unless they are melted. WTF? I have been vaping at low temps, taking off CU right after sesssion is done, limiting sessions to one minute. and taking draws right after timer goes off to further cool unit before taking the CU off :bang:

EDIT: @Vivant contacted me again and clarified the discussion. They will replace all of the old tops when they get the new ones in at end of month whether the tops are melting or not. Okay that is a relief!

Last edited:

subway13029

i didnt buy my unit at all..i was loaned one and then was gifted one and i emailed them asking how i could get in line for one or if i could get one due to mine deforming and was told i didnt buy it so they not gonna fix or replace it..i wasnt asking for a freebie but man not exactly a company sho wants to make such a bad mistake right? i guess ive gotten spoiled by some of these awesome vape companies who will go to any length to make things above and beyond right. was told that thsy couldnt verify if my unit was legit because they are being sold for less than manufacture cost..not my issue but i digress..i tried to get a top cap but i guess ill have to wait..lol

subway13029,

elykpeace

exVASted
i didnt buy my unit at all..i was loaned one and then was gifted one and i emailed them asking how i could get in line for one or if i could get one due to mine deforming and was told i didnt buy it so they not gonna fix or replace it..i wasnt asking for a freebie but man not exactly a company sho wants to make such a bad mistake right? i guess ive gotten spoiled by some of these awesome vape companies who will go to any length to make things above and beyond right. was told that thsy couldnt verify if my unit was legit because they are being sold for less than manufacture cost..not my issue but i digress..i tried to get a top cap but i guess ill have to wait..lol
What?! Lmao you didn't buy one so keep your crap mp.. @Vivant that's kinda sad. Your mistake on the crap materials used for the mp but don't take responsibility because you didn't make a dime.. not "Emilys" fault...

Idk.. So put off by this vape and company. I was following to see how they were going to go about fixing the issue and it's just concerning. I'm out.
:wave::wave::wave:

StonerSloth

cui bono?
I think some of you guys are just seeing the inaccuracy in the Alternate's battery measurement system. Mine gives me bogus readings all the time..

I've seen it gain 6% while off... Magic!

StonerSloth,

Pistil_Pete

I found an interesting phenomenon regarding battery draining issues. If I DO NOT manually shut the device off after my session, the device will go into standby mode, but...this actually last much longer.

If I shut the device off after a session, I see a huge drop the next day (30% drop). Mine is running on the updated version.

Pistil_Pete,

sickmanfraud

I think some of you guys are just seeing the inaccuracy in the Alternate's battery measurement system. Mine gives me bogus readings all the time..

I found the Alternate's power meter more accurate than my CFV or CFC.

@Vivant is there a firmware update that may make the Alternate heat even when battery is low. Or, have the vape tell us when there is not enough battery power to continue?

I temp step, and it is not an infrequent event to get a battery with 30% or so and the Alternate just can't get to the temperature requested.

subway13029

yeah they really turned me off with their responses..in my experience when you put something like this that is failing and potentially being a health risk then i think you should not be complaining of profit margins etc..i just asked about a mp?? that was all.

subway13029,
Reactions: Razshiro

Meach

When you have high drain batteries..make sure you remove the battery or place a piece of plastic or cardboard between the battery and terminal so they are not touching any metal while you are not using them..even with the power off...if the batteries are touching the terminals there will be some drain

beefsupreme

When you have high drain batteries..make sure you remove the battery or place a piece of plastic or cardboard between the battery and terminal so they are not touching any metal while you are not using them..even with the power off...if the batteries are touching the terminals there will be some drain

I'd expect a few % drop overnight, maybe 3-5%.. which is why I'm surprised at seeing over 30%. Oddly I cant recall it doing this before I switched to firmware 1.02, but I'd only used it a handful of times..

Doesn't help I dont have spare batteries presently. Is the LG H2 the most recommended? I notice it's listed as 20A discharge, but Vivant says we should use 30A batteries?

beefsupreme,

Vivant

Manufacturer
So was the body of the Alternate switched to a different type of plastic too? A number of users had the outer shell crack on them.

Hey @jdent3 , No, the body of the Alternate was tested along with the top cap and the body passed all testing, therefore we did not make any material changes on the body of the Alternate. There has only been a total of 4 incidents up until today with factual proof with body cracking issues and this is simply a defect for those 4 devices. Thank you

It's great to hear there is progress on these new caps. I bought two of these units before realizing the cap had heat issues. Hopefully replacements will arrive soon as I've been patiently waiting behind the scenes.

Hey @slang , please make sure you reach out to the seller so you can make sure to get your replacements in a timely manner! Thank you

are there replacement parts and batteries available?

Hey @bobo305 , yes we have replacement parts and batteries available for purchase on our website www.vivant.com , thank you!

I wish I could purchase the little green stirrer. I would glue it or affix it better this time. I lost mine before I knew it existed...

Hey @slang, sorry to hear! Unfortunately we do not sell that part by itself.. however, please contact support@vivant.com and let us know your situation so we can find a way to help you as best as we can! Thank you

Can the new tops be soaked in ISO without having to dilute it?

Hey @Radiocitysuicide , we only recommend using part ISO and part Water but I can tell you we did test the new top cap soaked in complete 91% ISO and the top caps were able to sustain this test with no issues. Thank you.

If I buy an Alternate on PuffItUp today... how would I go about getting the new CU when it is released? Has Vivant announced the cost yet?

Hello @florduh , please contact PuffItUp to get details on how you can receive the Alternate with a new top cap. We will be retailing our new top cap for $13.99 on our website. Thank you!

Is this normal? Last night I used the Alternate and shut it down at 79% battery. I didn't do the 5 clicks off, just let it go into sleep mode (by not touching it after the heater was off). When I go to use it today, the battery is at 30% and turned itself off automatically while heating up saying low power.

Do you have to do the 5-click shutdown on it always? It drains power in sleep mode? I leave all my Boundless devices in sleep mode and they dont drain battery overnight like this. Saves wear and tear on the button too.

Also, any suggestions for 18650 battery sellers in Canada? Seems like I'm going to need to have extras around..

Hello @beefsupreme , The Alternate should not be draining battery while it is on sleep mode. Please contact support@vivant.com if you haven't done so already to get this issue taken care of. Thank you!

Hey @StonerSloth , The battery gain while the battery is not being used is normal and it doesn't necessarily mean it's giving bogus readings :) It actually indicates the product is true. This function is called "battery sag" As google explains; it is "a result of the chemical reaction and ion migration that takes place inside the battery to supply current to a circuit." It is kind of magical when it happens though :)

I found the Alternate's power meter more accurate than my CFV or CFC.

@Vivant is there a firmware update that may make the Alternate heat even when battery is low. Or, have the vape tell us when there is not enough battery power to continue?

I temp step, and it is not an infrequent event to get a battery with 30% or so and the Alternate just can't get to the temperature requested.

Hey @sickmanfraud , I will pass on your request to our designers/engineers. Thank you for the suggestion!! Unfortunately, as of this time I do not have an yes/no answer though. Will keep you updated!

Hello @subway13029 , I am sorry you experienced this. I recall the situation you are referring to but I truly believe it was a miscommunication. Our new CS Representative Gwen and I have discussed your situation and she will be emailing you a resolution shortly. As far as our policy with needing proof of receipt, I am sorry but this is standard policy and procedures. However, Gwen will do the best to get you taken care of. Please look for her email, thank you!

To all FC Members, I would like to introduce you all to Gwen, she is our newest Customer Relations Representative. She will be taking over here for me as well so please bear with her as she is being very productive in getting to all your inquiries. Thank you for your continuous support and we look forward to more and more discussions with you all! Best Regards, Emily.

Baron23

Hey @jdent3 , No, the body of the Alternate was tested along with the top cap and the body passed all testing, therefore we did not make any material changes on the body of the Alternate. There has only been a total of 4 incidents up until today with factual proof with body cracking issues and this is simply a defect for those 4 devices. Thank you

Hey @slang , please make sure you reach out to the seller so you can make sure to get your replacements in a timely manner! Thank you

Hey @bobo305 , yes we have replacement parts and batteries available for purchase on our website www.vivant.com , thank you!

Hey @slang, sorry to hear! Unfortunately we do not sell that part by itself.. however, please contact support@vivant.com and let us know your situation so we can find a way to help you as best as we can! Thank you

Hey @Radiocitysuicide , we only recommend using part ISO and part Water but I can tell you we did test the new top cap soaked in complete 91% ISO and the top caps were able to sustain this test with no issues. Thank you.

Hello @florduh , please contact PuffItUp to get details on how you can receive the Alternate with a new top cap. We will be retailing our new top cap for $13.99 on our website. Thank you!

Hello @beefsupreme , The Alternate should not be draining battery while it is on sleep mode. Please contact support@vivant.com if you haven't done so already to get this issue taken care of. Thank you!

Hey @StonerSloth , The battery gain while the battery is not being used is normal and it doesn't necessarily mean it's giving bogus readings :) It actually indicates the product is true. This function is called "battery sag" As google explains; it is "a result of the chemical reaction and ion migration that takes place inside the battery to supply current to a circuit." It is kind of magical when it happens though :)

Hey @sickmanfraud , I will pass on your request to our designers/engineers. Thank you for the suggestion!! Unfortunately, as of this time I do not have an yes/no answer though. Will keep you updated!

Hello @subway13029 , I am sorry you experienced this. I recall the situation you are referring to but I truly believe it was a miscommunication. Our new CS Representative Gwen and I have discussed your situation and she will be emailing you a resolution shortly. As far as our policy with needing proof of receipt, I am sorry but this is standard policy and procedures. However, Gwen will do the best to get you taken care of. Please look for her email, thank you!

To all FC Members, I would like to introduce you all to Gwen, she is our newest Customer Relations Representative. She will be taking over here for me as well so please bear with her as she is being very productive in getting to all your inquiries. Thank you for your continuous support and we look forward to more and more discussions with you all! Best Regards, Emily.
They need to give you a raise, Emily. Maybe make you President of the company. haha :tup::clap:

Hi Gwen - welcome to the nuthouse, I'm sure you will fit right in! :brow::lol::cool:

subway13029

Well thank you Emily for the response. I will wait for the email. I appreciate it.

mourningbell

Certified human
Yeah I've only been using VapCaps but I just picked one up from PIU for situations where I don't want to be using a lighter. Or if I'm sharing and don't feel like playing teacher.
Alternate and Vapcap are a good combo for me. And am I tripping or is the Alternate more efficient than the M? Curious about how the Alternate's efficiency compares to the Omni as well, if anyone has any insight. :)

mourningbell,

subway13029

Damn 13.99 for the top cap plus shipping I assume was the email offer I was sent? I don't expect anything from vivant because I didn't buy this unit I was gifted it. I actually have 2 melted units. One on loan and one given to me. But my point is somebody bought these units and 13.99 for a cu that melted to begin with? I've already made a crafty mod one and I don't think I paid that much for the crafty one?? It's a good little vape but not sure about all the "extras".

HengefulOne

Got some sanding to do when I find my rotary tool for my crafty mod. Like the look and ended up being cheaper than the replacement from vivant with shipping.

Top Bottom