VAS: Vape Aquisition Syndrome The malady we love to hate

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My first experience with collecting was really based on my entrepreneurial spirit. When I was about 16, a local head shop was closing and I bought one of his display cases with all of the stuff inside for a good bargain and took it home. Fortunately, I got most of my money back quickly because not long after I got it home my father saw the display case and realized what I was doing, and took it all out to the fire pit. I was able to salvage some of it, but most of it was lost.
My dad eventually came around realizing that cannabis was better than alcohol but at the very beginning, he was not a fan. Especially for his 16 year old son.

coolbreeze

My first experience with collecting was really based on my entrepreneurial spirit. When I was about 16, a local head shop was closing and I bought one of his display cases with all of the stuff inside for a good bargain and took it home. Fortunately, I got most of my money back quickly because not long after I got it home my father saw the display case and realized what I was doing, and took it all out to the fire pit. I was able to salvage some of it, but most of it was lost.
My dad eventually came around realizing that cannabis was better than alcohol but at the very beginning, he was not a fan. Especially for his 16 year old son.
What an adventure!

oldfool

I've gone a little crazy. Focus V Carta, Dr Dabber Switch, Divine Tribe V4 with polished SiC cup. New 2 cell mod with Arctic Fox.
Sapphire, SiC and S-Tier+ Inserts for the Switch. Using all of them plus the Baker.

Got a Ditanium and ruby balls on the way, also a Lift Innovations reject grinder on the way.
2 years later.

Added a Highlighter (daily driver for flower)
and an Old Mate grinder (also daily driver).

For concentrate the Dr Dabber Switch and Divine Tribe V4.5 both get use.

Everything else seems to be sitting on the shelf.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Well, judging by the datapoints I'm seeing here, now's your time! : )

That's kind of cool, though. I can just imagine his dilemma. It was also an inconceivable quandary for my parents but they put up with it as a means of damage control. 'Better at home than on the streets.' They never liked it but I think they kind of understood that it was generally less dangerous than alcohol. They had the wherewithal to overcome their deep discomfort and not send us out every time they smelled it; I think it kept me alive, tbh.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
With my long hair and antiwar politics and love for rock and roll, I'm sure I was not an easy kid for my Republican Dad to bring up. I think he did a yeoman's job when it really came down to it. I always felt his love, even when he was totally pissed and picking me up at the cop shop.

Radwin Bodnic

t's kind of developed into, something to look forward to to arrive in the mail, then it arrives and the excitement is gone lol Starting to feel like I'm mostly wasting time on frivolous decisions too, but getting dopamine when the decision is made, then on to the next one!

"It brings more happiness to anticipate these goals than actually arriving at them."

Deepak Chopra​

PhilosoStoner

VAS has hit me hard and fast. I found out about vaping while I was taking a T-break. I ended that almost exactly 2 months ago with my first vape purchase, the XMax V3 Pro.

It wasn't heavy enough for me (I used to smoke at least 6 joints a day) so I got the Fusion last month. Then I got a Dynavap M. Yesterday I ordered a Stunner, and am waiting for The Tempest so I can try both. I'm also currently debating between the Tasty Tube and the Terpcicle, because I "have" to try a glass piece. I'm also thinking about when I'll be getting a desktop ball vape. And a session vape to round it out (at least that's what I'm telling myself). Probably a log.

The people in this space are so creative and full of ingenuity. My budget doesn't accommodate the amount of vapes I want to try smh

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
VAS has hit me hard and fast. I found out about vaping while I was taking a T-break. I ended that almost exactly 2 months ago with my first vape purchase, the XMax V3 Pro.

It wasn't heavy enough for me (I used to smoke at least 6 joints a day) so I got the Fusion last month. Then I got a Dynavap M. Yesterday I ordered a Stunner, and am waiting for The Tempest so I can try both. I'm also currently debating between the Tasty Tube and the Terpcicle, because I "have" to try a glass piece. I'm also thinking about when I'll be getting a desktop ball vape. And a session vape to round it out (at least that's what I'm telling myself). Probably a log.

The people in this space are so creative and full of ingenuity. My budget doesn't accommodate the amount of vapes I want to try smh
See, I have all those you mentioned! VAS IS REAL!

boog

yop
I did a little introspection and it's confirmed: I have to report myself here as affected! :brow:
again this month I failed, I bought an IQ2 and I'm waiting for a vaporgenie
I really have to finish my showcase to finally expose them :whip:
a+

Razhumikin

yop
I did a little introspection and it's confirmed: I have to report myself here as affected! :brow:
again this month I failed, I bought an IQ2 and I'm waiting for a vaporgenie
I really have to finish my showcase to finally expose them :whip:
a+
Yea, i dream of someday having a curio cabinet where I can display all my vapes. But as I currently live in a 650 sq ft apt with my fiance and a cat, thats a dream that will have to wait. If you get a showcase set up please share pics!

coolbreeze

I tease my wife I'm going to get one of these for the closet with a different setup on each tray.
1316422.jpg

Then she reminds me that we've run out of closets. :\

Last edited:
Top Bottom