VAS kicking in: Looking for a new, affordable wooden vape

Likun

Okay guys, after all the input and some further consideration I've come to the conclusion that the next step(s) to extend my little collection might be a sticky brick like and a desktop unit. Gonna stick with the tubo for the box mod unit for now.

Coming to the sticky brick like decision. Should it definitely be an original sticky bricks (OG, runt or junior look interesting) or some kind of "clone" if I may call it like that. So far I have found the dreamwood (Dobby and Punch).
Any major differences between those vapes?
I've found a Dobby for around 100 € with some imperfections in the wood which wouldn't bother me too much. https://greendream.shop/epages/a89f...f-4987-b6f3-c8e5565032e2/Products/5-50020V2-W Maybe that would be a good deal?

The desktop decision will be a bit more challenging I guess. I'd love to have a wooden log vape but as mentioned before they're quite expensive (300 € or above) + the most famous like enano, woodscents or underdog are only available in the US which makes it even more expensive to import due to taxes plus I'd need a different power adapter as we use 230V.
As @Shit Snacks mentioned there might be some manufacturers in Europe - I'll have to check those out. So far I could find some information about the MUSA halogen desktop vape. Then I have found those thread https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/homegrownlogs.21299/page-27 and https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-misty-log-diy-wooden-log-vaporizer.26757/page-39 but not sure if those are for sale or just for self use. Gotta check it out later. Maybe someone can provide some additional info about that.

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
Okay guys, after all the input and some further consideration I've come to the conclusion that the next step(s) to extend my little collection might be a sticky brick like and a desktop unit. Gonna stick with the tubo for the box mod unit for now.

Coming to the sticky brick like decision. Should it definitely be an original sticky bricks (OG, runt or junior look interesting) or some kind of "clone" if I may call it like that. So far I have found the dreamwood (Dobby and Punch).
I've found a Dobby for around 100 € with some imperfections in the wood which wouldn't bother me too much. https://greendream.shop/epages/a89f...f-4987-b6f3-c8e5565032e2/Products/5-50020V2-W Maybe that would be a good deal?

The desktop decision will be a bit more challenging I guess. I'd love to have a wooden log vape but as mentioned before they're quite expensive (300 € or above) + the most famous like enano, woodscents or underdog are only available in the US which makes it even more expensive to import due to taxes plus I'd need a different power adapter as we use 230V.
As @Shit Snacks mentioned there might be some manufacturers in Europe - I'll have to check those out. So far I could find some information about the MUSA halogen desktop vape. Then I have found those thread https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/homegrownlogs.21299/page-27 and https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-misty-log-diy-wooden-log-vaporizer.26757/page-39 but not sure if those are for sale or just for self use. Gotta check it out later. Maybe someone can provide some additional info about that.

Thanks for mentioning me! <3

The only way to get a Musa Vaporizer is to write me a message via Email, Instagram or FC.

I craft them in small batches, which makes it possible to have personal contact with all of my customers.
And im always happy to answer all of your questions about my products!

Enjoy, guys!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I can't weigh in on the relative merits of the other block of wood butane vapes. I've had a limba OG Brick for a year or two and it's really impressed me. As a bong smoker back in my combustion days I adore the ritual of the og Brick. It's also the heaviest hitter I own with the highest ceiling for rapid extraction when needed. Great flavor too though and you don't have to fill it up or hit it hard to enjoy the great vapor quality.

I recommend using the included restrictor disk and the included single flame Honest torch. Great draw resistance and cooling from the huge mouthpiece on the og too. I've seen too many Juniors being sold off over the years to not consider it the least impressive. The Runt on the other hand has been well received and folks who use water more than me love the Maxx and hydro bricks as well.

I'm in the minority but the year that I owned an exotic maple Enano left me flat and I'm out on log vapes since that first attempt. Most seem to use cheap power control like the Enano with a clunky dial on the power cord. They take a good ten or fifteen minutes to heat up and lack the fine tuning from moment to moment that enables the temp stepping I prefer. I found the illegible dial to be useful from maybe 5.5 to 7.5.

Most log fans are all day vapers who just keep the log on all day. Even doing that I thought it was lame to take a hit at 6 and then turn the dial to 7 and... what, wait a minute or two? Compare that to a Tinymight where the same little dial concept is not only more legible and less likely to move accidentally but also usable from 3.5 to 8.5 and heats up in about five seconds with haptic feedback confirmation. And since I don't vape at a desk or table the power cable itself is a negative on any "desktop" device.

The more I ramble about this the more logs, at least the Enano I owned, seem like legacy devices like the Mighty and Crafty that made more sense when our expectations were lower and we had fewer options.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I would suggest posting in the threads for the homegrown and Misty logs, I mean there might be a member there who would be willing to do all the legwork for you, so you can just buy a complete EU log? Never know until you try! Musa's very clearly legit, but technically that is not a typical log vape, it is even more unique with the halogen!!

So for the StickyBricks, the OG is actually itself a clone of the true original: the Triihouse Daisy. So in the past I would say that is the go-to one to grab especially if you are planning to use it at home (my brothers actually relied on theirs so much that they would bring it places too though)

HOWEVER I personally think the junior is phenomenal, if you are planning to bring it places a lot, super portable and has the same bowl size with a cool vapor bath... I also think the new Runt looks pretty spectacular, though I have not used one yet myself, it is on my list for a future purchase in an exotic wood... FlipBrick I gifted to a friend the original one and they said they enjoy it, I'm sure the new version is even better so I am always curious about that, great option to use with other glass piece attachments, but remember the junior and even the Runt and OG can hook up to water as well! I learned how to hit the Daisy through water originally, and I do also have a hydrobrick which is pretty fun too!

So the Dreamwood vapes are similar, except they actually more so cloned the Triihouse Lily, which was their portable that I owned early on (it has a smaller bowl, and had a more direct water connection, plus the right angle heat intake, but less cooling with a different vapor path) The Dobby should work well as a portable though I personally think the Junior would perform better at least easier to use... The Punch I think is more unique, kind of like a combination of the Lily and Daisy design, more similar to the Junior, one of these is on my list as well!

Then Dreamwood makes the DLX line too, I have a Pro and an M, they are pretty cool for dropping right into water or a glass j hook and can also be used with a straight glass mouthpiece (similar to the Lamart Piro and Mistvape Essence) but I find them to involve more technique, not as simple to use as the DaisyBrick design style for me at least...

I'm not sure how the price nets out for each of these where you are, that is of course going to be a factor for you, but I hope this helps at least paint a picture of the difference between each of them in use??

I can't weigh in on the relative merits of the other block of wood butane vapes. I've had a limba OG Brick for a year or two and it's really impressed me. As a bong smoker back in my combustion days I adore the ritual of the og Brick. It's also the heaviest hitter I own with the highest ceiling for rapid extraction when needed. Great flavor too though and you don't have to fill it up or hit it hard to enjoy the great vapor quality.

I recommend using the included restrictor disk and the included single flame Honest torch. Great draw resistance and cooling from the huge mouthpiece on the og too. I've seen too many Juniors being sold off over the years to not consider it the least impressive. The Runt on the other hand has been well received and folks who use water more than me love the Maxx and hydro bricks as well.

I'm in the minority but the year that I owned an exotic maple Enano left me flat and I'm out on log vapes since that first attempt. Most seem to use cheap power control like the Enano with a clunky dial on the power cord. They take a good ten or fifteen minutes to heat up and lack the fine tuning from moment to moment that enables the temp stepping I prefer. I found the illegible dial to be useful from maybe 5.5 to 7.5.

Most log fans are all day vapers who just keep the log on all day. Even doing that I thought it was lame to take a hit at 6 and then turn the dial to 7 and... what, wait a minute or two? Compare that to a Tinymight where the same little dial concept is not only more legible and less likely to move accidentally but also usable from 3.5 to 8.5 and heats up in about five seconds with haptic feedback confirmation. And since I don't vape at a desk or table the power cable itself is a negative on any "desktop" device.

The more I ramble about this the more logs, at least the Enano I owned, seem like legacy devices like the Mighty and Crafty that made more sense when our expectations were lower and we had fewer options.

Oh the stickybrick junior is excellent, I would not at all assume it is worse because you've seen more for sale! I actually beta tested it way back when, then bought the production version later on, quickly became my favorite iteration of this type of vape... It is compact and totally portable to bring places, with the same size bowl as the original and effective cooling since it has the same form factor only smaller with a protective lid cap...

Also, other logs are NOT like the nano at least heat island and underdog do not use a crappy knob to control power like that, they rely on nicer VVPS units to control power much more accurately and consistently... In fact some of them use buttons instead of dials, and they also heat up in 5 minutes from cold (at least the heat island, both standard core and hybrid core, can do this) So I wouldn't make too many assumptions about log vapes based on your poor experience with the nano, personally!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I would suggest posting in the threads for the homegrown and Misty logs, I mean there might be a member there who would be willing to do all the legwork for you, so you can just buy a complete EU log? Never know until you try! Musa's very clearly legit, but technically that is not a typical log vape, it is even more unique with the halogen!!

So for the StickyBricks, the OG is actually itself a clone of the true original: the Triihouse Daisy. So in the past I would say that is the go-to one to grab especially if you are planning to use it at home (my brothers actually relied on theirs so much that they would bring it places too though)

HOWEVER I personally think the junior is phenomenal, if you are planning to bring it places a lot, super portable and has the same bowl size with a cool vapor bath... I also think the new Runt looks pretty spectacular, though I have not used one yet myself, it is on my list for a future purchase in an exotic wood... FlipBrick I gifted to a friend the original one and they said they enjoy it, I'm sure the new version is even better so I am always curious about that, great option to use with other glass piece attachments, but remember the junior and even the Runt and OG can hook up to water as well! I learned how to hit the Daisy through water originally, and I do also have a hydrobrick which is pretty fun too!

So the Dreamwood vapes are similar, except they actually more so cloned the Triihouse Lily, which was their portable that I owned early on (it has a smaller bowl, and had a more direct water connection, plus the right angle heat intake, but less cooling with a different vapor path) The Dobby should work well as a portable though I personally think the Junior would perform better at least easier to use... The Punch I think is more unique, kind of like a combination of the Lily and Daisy design, more similar to the Junior, one of these is on my list as well!

Then Dreamwood makes the DLX line too, I have a Pro and an M, they are pretty cool for dropping right into water or a glass j hook and can also be used with a straight glass mouthpiece (similar to the Lamart Piro and Mistvape Essence) but I find them to involve more technique, not as simple to use as the DaisyBrick design style for me at least...

I'm not sure how the price nets out for each of these where you are, that is of course going to be a factor for you, but I hope this helps at least paint a picture of the difference between each of them in use??

Oh the stickybrick junior is excellent, I would not at all assume it is worse because you've seen more for sale! I actually beta tested it way back when, then bought the production version later on, quickly became my favorite iteration of this type of vape... It is compact and totally portable to bring places, with the same size bowl as the original and effective cooling since it has the same form factor only smaller with a protective lid cap...

Also, other logs are NOT like the nano at least heat island and underdog do not use a crappy knob to control power like that, they rely on nicer VVPS units to control power much more accurately and consistently... In fact some of them use buttons instead of dials, and they also heat up in 5 minutes from cold (at least the heat island, both standard core and hybrid core, can do this) So I wouldn't make too many assumptions about log vapes based on your poor experience with the nano, personally!
Thanks man! Yeah, I've been keen to try a Runt but never considered a Jr since I vape at home and wouldn't reach for a two handed torch vape for vaping out.

Good to know about the logs as well and the op gets a better take on that too now since my experience is so limited.

Shit Snacks

Thanks man! Yeah, I've been keen to try a Runt but never considered a Jr since I vape at home and wouldn't reach for a two handed torch vape for vaping out.

Yeah to be clear, I also would never try to use the junior out and about per se, but you could absolutely throw it in a backpack and take it on a hike or over to someone else's place, you know? In that way it is more portable and nice to have the lid, but it's not like it's hard to bring the Runt or even the OG (as my brothers did) that way, but the Junior is a tight little piece if you know you want to use it like that! Though SBL glass is so thick the extra protection may not be so integral.

shopdognyc

I was set on a desktop and ended up with the Runt, Flip and thinking about the Junior. Still struggling a bit with the Flip but just need some practice. I was set on a Ditanium, then Plenty, and still thinking about the Flower Pot, but satisfied my itch with the Sticky Brick.

Likun

That was quite a lot of input from you two @Shit Snacks and @bossman! Thanks! All the others also of course!
Now my conlcusion from reading that is that I should go with a Sticky Brick (OG, Junior or Runt).
Unfortunately those are like 50 % more expensive than the Dobby. But if it's worth it I'll defenitely go rather that way.
Plus I couldn't find a shop where the Sticky Brick OG, Junior or Runt ist still available.
The runt is the prefered one to buy of these three I guess? Well probably matter of taste. I won't be taking it outside too much, therefore the size doesn't matter. I'd rather have a hard but still cool hitting vape which must be possible to take small loads (microdosing).

justcametomind

That was quite a lot of input from you two @Shit Snacks and @bossman! Thanks! All the others also of course!
Now my conlcusion from reading that is that I should go with a Sticky Brick (OG, Junior or Runt).
Unfortunately those are like 50 % more expensive than the Dobby. But if it's worth it I'll defenitely go rather that way.
Plus I couldn't find a shop where the Sticky Brick OG, Junior or Runt ist still available.
The runt is the prefered one to buy of these three I guess? Well probably matter of taste. I won't be taking it outside too much, therefore the size doesn't matter. I'd rather have a hard but still cool hitting vape which must be possible to take small loads (microdosing).
Seems some bricks are still available here! OG, Junior and Flip Brick.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
It depends on how micro your microdosing ambitions are. It's great and easy to do a modest scoop of .05 to .1g in the og Brick.

The og also has a massive mouthpiece compared to the Runt so it'll provide way more cooling without water and hits both big and small are smooth and flavorful. I don't use water much so adapting one of the smaller bricks isn't as much of a value add for me.

Like I said I haven't used or owned a Runt or a Jr. The assemblage of wooden pieces on the Runt seems less elegant than the og to me too. I'm sure that's the sort of thing Troy would cover in a comparison video like the one mentioned earlier.

Shit Snacks

Even though it has a narrower mouthpiece, the bends and turns to vapor takes is what really cools it down in my experience, that's why the junior and I imagine the runt are still very effective at cooling vapor!

I think the runt is a good option, because it is basically in between the junior and OG, well they all have the same bowl size...

To be fair @frosty234 The Dobby will be more capable of micro dosing simply because it has a smaller bowl, even though the sticky bricks don't need you to load a full bowl for success... But yeah that makes them more versatile, capable of loading more than a dreamwood would!

It might actually be worth looking at the Dreamwood DLX, if you have a waterpiece or j hook, since that will be even cheaper than the Dobby, then you can keep your eye out to pick up a larger sticky brick? Or yeah the Lamart Piro

Just a thought, I understand if you really only want to grab one direct torch butane vape and are in no rush!

It might be worth reaching out via email to SBL or on Instagram or maybe here, to see if they can do shipping to you and how much it would cost??

Likun

So I stumbled over the Vapexhale Cloud Evo. It looks like an interesting desktop vape although it's no log and not wooden either.

Would that be a considerable choice of a desktop vaporizer? There's currently one in the classifieds here for around 250 € and I've found one shipped from Germany for around 170 € (2 y/o, without Hydrotube). It's thread here in the forum is huge which usually is a sign of being a good vape or at least a popular one.
Any thoughts or recommendations on that?
Do I have to worry about a 2 years old unit? Meaning doea the electronic wear off quickly, is it user maintainable or anything like that?

Likun,
Reactions: arb

justcametomind

So I stumbled over the Vapexhale Cloud Evo. It looks like an interesting desktop vape although it's no log and not wooden either.

Would that be a considerable choice of a desktop vaporizer? There's currently one in the classifieds here for around 250 € and I've found one shipped from Germany for around 170 € (2 y/o, without Hydrotube). It's thread here in the forum is huge which usually is a sign of being a good vape or at least a popular one.
Any thoughts or recommendations on that?
Do I have to worry about a 2 years old unit? Meaning doea the electronic wear off quickly, is it user maintainable or anything like that?
Mind that a Cloud Evo is a fragile unit and even if it's perfectly working, it could suffer being handled without care during shipment.
I was thinking the other day that if for any reason I will have to relocate, I have a lot of vape stuff to take care of, and I should remember that the Evo shouldn't be handled by anyone that isn't me, because if it takes a hit or drops, the glass bamboo could be damaged.
I got the Evo after reading lots about it on its thread. All in all it didn't offer so much better performance than the vape I was using at the time, the MiniVAP. It also needs an heatsoaking time of 10 minutes to perform better, so your first dose could be less fun than it should, if you only wait the light to become green (just 1/2 minutes wait from cold unit).
Now that I have many more vaporizers (and 5 or more years have passed) I consider it inferior to a lot of later purchases I made like Plenty (way less stuff you can break, half time needed to be ready to vape, very long electric wire), Volcano (no glass, hi performance, precise temperature, best vape there is imho), Supreme (heaviest hitter I have). Even portables like Tubo and successors are capable of the same if not better performance than the Evo nowadays, same could be said for G43 or the likes of Herborizer (digi)Ti or FlowerPot.
The fact the Evo is such a big unit, requires to be constantly connected to be used effectively, comes with Hydratubes which is quite fun to use, makes me prone to have it constantly displayed in my living room and consequently it leads to the possibility of overusing Cannabis and that's another reason I don't like to have it in rotation.
Flowerpot or Supreme can survive a drop in the ground, except for the glass piece that's connected not so much Herborizers or Evo.

justcametomind

@frosty234 if you are interested vapefiend.co.uk seems to have 3 units of Flip Brick 2.0 (79£) at the moment.
Also vaposhop has some (99€, just select any different 2019 updated unit)

Last edited:
justcametomind,
Reactions: arb

Likun

@frosty234 if you are interested vapefiend.co.uk seems to have 3 units of Flip Brick 2.0 (79£) at the moment.
Also vaposhop has some (99€).

Thank you very much for the information! The Flipbrick though is my least favorite of those so I'll probably wait for another offer.

A german FC user contacted me via PN with an offer of an e-nano though which I happily accepted (thanks @Zementos). I'll give a little feedback here once it arrived whether I'm happy with it or not.

Top Bottom