• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

VaporGenie

Tommy10

Just been doing a little bit if testing! Lost my scales:( so I loaded up the solo stem nice packed on a medium grind which from when I had scales tells me this is around .2. I managed to get 7 tiny little VG bowls tiny tiny sprinkles, one day when I can work photos out I'll do it. Anyways each load connected to water managed at least two nice decent clouds and someone times one or two more smaller clouds until very well spent! Spotting after two would probably be preferable to most. Obviously not science just anecdotal evidence I have found on my search for slowing down consumption (I went through an O in 2 weeks and while I don't mind smoking a bit as far as cost is concerned, this is getting a bit out of budget!!) now to work out the self control on the ease of loading another bowl. Although if each bowl is 1/2-1/3 the size consumption should show at least a little as a by-product!

Tommy10,

neverforget711

This tool appears to be best recommended for using DMT. Will any model suffice or is one better than the others? I'm considering the coil currently.

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

This tool appears to be best recommended for using DMT. Will any model suffice or is one better than the others? I'm considering the coil currently.

Please excuse my ignorance, what is "DMT"? TIA

Yes, there is a lot of differences in key areas. I cannot recommend the coil unless you plan to use it exclusively in a WT. Having to point a lighter at your face from 3 inches out and below eye level is not a good way to learn.......

OF

OF,
Reactions: Derrrpp

neverforget711

Please excuse my ignorance, what is "DMT"? TIA

Yes, there is a lot of differences in key areas. I cannot recommend the coil unless you plan to use it exclusively in a WT. Having to point a lighter at your face from 3 inches out and below eye level is not a good way to learn.......

OF
it's a psychedelic for which vaping is the best RoA. This vape in particular was mentioned.

neverforget711,
Reactions: OF

Ronp

I saw a guy on youtube use a torch on the side of the coil; he was blowing some good clouds. The only problem, I see, with that method is the coil may get hotter quicker. The thickest hit I ever had was from a VG coil and a bong. I was coughing for what felt like hours; my throat hurt for days.

Ronp,

neverforget711

But besides its learning curve and overheat, the coil works as well as the pipe natively?

Last edited by a moderator:
neverforget711,

SpaceCoyote

I always heard the glass vaporgenie glass was the best, because you see when vaporization starts, but it's 130$.
This is your thread @neverforget711
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dmt-vaporization.387/page-10

The Glass Vapor Genie is pretty much the gold standard for DMT based on everything I've heard. It was actually my desire try try the stuff a few years back that introduced me to vaping.
The GVG is of course awesome for herb too and well worth the price, IMO.

SpaceCoyote,
Reactions: Derrrpp

davesmith

Glass Blower
Just for the record I really don't have a problem pointing a tourch at my face. I use the coil as its my only vape atm and its fine. I do generally use and MFLB stem though so that takes it further from my face. I did find the vapour a bit on the hit side without it.

Tommy10

Cheap fast tech lighters showed up. If these cost the $35 my store bought one cost and it cost the $2.5 they cost.... I'd still buy one of these! First click 80% of the time and never needs a third. Bigger tank and much less deviation is flame size as the tank empties!

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Cheap fast tech lighters showed up. If these cost the $35 my store bought one cost and it cost the $2.5 they cost.... I'd still buy one of these! First click 80% of the time and never needs a third. Bigger tank and much less deviation is flame size as the tank empties!

Yeah, as odd as it may sound; In my experience so far, the more money a pocket torch cost me the shorter it's life span has been. Function over Fancy seems to cost less and work better every time.

Last edited:

Tommy10

Also found that holding the torch as close as physically possible for 2-3 seconds before pulling away to normal use distance helps reduce priming and give bigger hits, but of practise to not get dark spots. Also a a torch where the trigger is pushed down vertically but the flame comes out more horizontal is easier for me to use. Vertical button and vertical flame gets awkward to use for me!

Edit to add: to be specific I mean the the tip of the torch nossel placed on, or inside the metal bowl depending on width.

Last edited:

OF

Also a a torch where the trigger is pushed down vertically but the flame comes out more horizontal is easier for me to use. Vertical button and vertical flame gets awkward to use for me!

I agree, but also find pushing down on the button tends to push the whole lighter deeper into my fist. This is the best one I've found, under $3 shipped:

http://www.dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320#.VceldcnSO9I
http://www.tinydeal.com/refillable-jet-1300-butane-lighter-with-tank-p-2570.html

The second site has a photo of one in use (by a guy with smaller hands than mine.....), notice how the flame angle is natural and the thumb force is at an angle and against the first section of the first finger? A bit like 'pinching it'. Very stable and 'a natural pointer'. They hold a LOT of gas, seem very reliable and light (almost) every time.

I suggest ordering a couple???

OF

Mac S

Hi! Could somebody with a glass vapor genie please measure the distance from the screen to the flame filter? It would be much appreciated!

Mac S,

SpaceCoyote

Hi! Could somebody with a glass vapor genie please measure the distance from the screen to the flame filter? It would be much appreciated!

I get 22mm from bottom of the flame filter to top of the screen. That's eyeballing with a set of very cheap calipers, so +/- a mm or so. There's probably a little variability between units as well.

Mac S

Thank you! If you guys had a choice, would you make the bowl larger or smaller? or is it perfect?

Mac S,

KeVo23

Hey guys just placed and order for a classic vg and a stainless coil vg and i was curious as to How much herb does it take to fill the chamber and can you use it half loaded or does it require a full pack to get optimal results?

Thanks in advance

justcametomind

I can only talk about the coil, but one of the nicest features is that you can move up or down the coils it's made of, to make the bowl bigger or smaller. Or the metal piece that holds the screen in place up or down for the same goal.

SpaceCoyote

Thank you! If you guys had a choice, would you make the bowl larger or smaller? or is it perfect?

Re: Glass VG.....I like the bowl size. Definitely bigger than it needs to be, but you don't have to fill it. If you DO fill the bowl, be careful, especially with the first hit, as you can get a ton of vapor at once!
I like that I can stir up my herb without worrying about spilling (unlike the Lotus).

Top Bottom