• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

VaporGenie

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
yeah I love El Cheapo piezo lighters... I have a few, and as long as you don't keep the flame going on them for a long time each time you light it, they last a long time (i've been using all the crappy butane I got for my iolite that I no longer use too fill these)

DevoTheStrange,

sundaddy

Don't mean to throw a turd in the punch bowl, but I got bronchitis from the VG. Here's how it went down, a friend of mine got one and didn't care for it (he's really big into smoking) so I bought it off him cheap. I loved it at first, but I might have overdone it. I found myself out of breath just "priming" it to get it up to where it was releasing good vapor. I would actually bottom out my lungs every time. I guess the hot dry air mixed with bottoming out did it. I have never got bronchitis before. I guess what I'm saying is first... has anyone else experienced this. And how do you guys that enjoy it with no problems do it ?

sundaddy,

lwien

sundaddy said:
I found myself out of breath just "priming" it to get it up to where it was releasing good vapor. I would actually bottom out my lungs every time.
Yeah, it used to take me awhile to prime it too to get up to vape temp, but I found a method that gets it up to vape temp REALLY quick, like about 4 to 5 seconds. Use a piezo lighter (not torch), and adjust the flame to medium. Tilt the bowl at about a 45 degree angle and hold the flame almost verticle. This way, you can hit it as hard as you can, with the flame barely getting inside the bowl and within 4 to 5 seconds, you got vapor clouds.

Also, make sure your bud is very dry and ground up fairly fine.

I never got bronchitis or irritated lungs from the VG, but hitting it with long primes multiple times, I can see where that may be a problem for some.

lwien,

sundaddy

Thanks man, I might try that. I'm using an awesome spray tincture I made until I figure out which new vape to buy. I'm torn between the II and the MFB. Any idea which would be easier on the lungs?

sundaddy,

lwien

sundaddy said:
Thanks man, I might try that. I'm using an awesome spray tincture I made until I figure out which new vape to buy. I'm torn between the II and the MFB. Any idea which would be easier on the lungs?
]

No idea. I have the Iolite but haven't used it yet. Going back and forth thinking about selling it. Not sure if I'll really get a lot of use out of it or not being that I only vape in the evenings when I'm home.

Haven't used the MFB either. Sorry I couldn't help there.

lwien,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
sundaddy said:
Either one of these will get rid of the problem you are having with priming the Genie. They both heat themselves up. I think the box is for you...heats up super fast, is quiet and cheaper than the II.

stickstones,

Jikaboom123

I got an electric clipper lighter! :D

I don't get the problems your having sundaddy. I can get vapor within 3-5 seconds. Just put the flame closer, it isn't rocket science. My friends who have never used it were hitting it like a champ a couple days ago.

By the way, the coolest thing... my friend hit the genie and blew out a HUGE cloud. He goes "I think I burnt it..." so I unscrew the cap and show him it's still green with a little light brown. He was amazed. :lol:

Jikaboom123,

spaceman462

UrDoinItWrong said:
I don't think this is a trivial health concern at all, and I don't understand why it's being viewed as such. If stuff like this doesn't concern you guys, maybe you should be on CombustionisActuallyOk.com ;)

It's dust particles of a confirmed toxic material being continually released directly INTO THE AIR PATH! No, the ceramic filter isn't going to protect your lungs from toxic metal dust, it's not designed at all to do that. Maybe that's why this warning comes directly from the person who actually MAKES this pipe. What it will do is collect in there and burn, off-gas and nicely distribute the finest of those hot toxic particles right into your tender throat flesh.

...OR YOU COULD USE A FRIGGIN' PIEZO LIKE THE DIRECTIONS SAY. 99 cents, oh no scammery. ;)
Or perhaps it's sensationalism and unnecessary pseudoscientific fearmongering. You consume MANY toxic substances throughout your day. Arsenic, carbon monoxide, lead, mercury...but they are all in minute quantities that have no measurable negative impact on health.

It's like Jenny McCarthy and her crusade against vaccines. Completely unfounded.

spaceman462,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
spaceman462 said:
Or perhaps it's sensationalism and unnecessary pseudoscientific fearmongering. You consume MANY toxic substances throughout your day. Arsenic, carbon monoxide, lead, mercury...but they are all in minute quantities that have no measurable negative impact on health.
Perhaps, but its the short and long term exposure of these compounds on our health that is the concern, since most of these chemicals are inorganic, and have been shown to bioaccumulate in the body.

Many airborne compounds have been shown to have adversly effected the body when inhaled, even in "minute" amounts like parts per billion (PPB), or micrograms per cubic meter (ug/m3).

So, why take the chance when it's mostly avoidable?

Do you have any references or studies to back up your claim that minute quantities have no measurable negative impact on health?

nicelytoasted,

Hammock Guru

Gandhi would tell you that the answer to this debate is somewhere in the middle of these two opinions.

:2c: the lungs are a remarkable organ capable of healing from a variety of assaults, but they do need to be cared for and not abused. That's why we vape and not smoke.

I don't have access to those piezo lighters. I doubt if there are any in this country. But I do light my Bic away from the VG so that any micro-particles are sent into the air. Given the challenges that my lungs have endured for almost 6 decades I'm amazed at how well they still work. I suspect that they will continue in this fine manner for some decades to come.

HG

Hammock Guru,

graywulf

Lately I've been running my VG through my carbon filter and GonG. I took the mouthpiece off and I just hold it in the 14 mil joint, light like a normal VG hit.

graywulf,

UrDoinItWrong

"Completely unfounded."

...except for the study I posted indicating that it is indeed harmful to your health. But since you came along to casually disregard that scientific study based on your hunch, I guess we can ALL relax about it. Pseudo intellectual speculation that it really isn't that harmful doesn't change the fact that it...IS. Attempting to compare the passive accumulation of trace toxic substances from the environment to DIRECT INHALATION OF TOXIC METAL makes about as much sense as Jenny McCarthy as well.

UrDoinItWrong,

max

Out to lunch
It's like Jenny McCarthy and her crusade against vaccines. Completely unfounded.
Actually, that's not completely unfounded either. It's really safer to stay away from absolutes.

max,

throshman

Well this kind of interrupts the above discussion/argument, but I've got a few questions about cleaning my VaporGenie that I was hoping someone could help me out with.

First, is there an easy way to get the screen out? The mesh is so fine that I'm having a tough time finding anything that can fit in one of the holes. I'm assuming the screen is easily replaceable too?

Second, how the heck do I get my black mouthpiece off?! I've tried tugging on it, and it doesn't budge. I can twist it, but it just rotates in place and doesn't come out any. I sent an email to VaporGenie customer service and was told that some mouthpieces are too tight. The email suggested warming the mouth area up to loosen the mouthpiece, but that hasn't worked for me either. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

throshman,

SuperTorch

Jikaboom123 said:
I'm about to get me one of these how is the consistency of the flame, with a bic you get for the most part the same flame for 90% of the time until it runs out, with most refillable the flame seems to vary more rapidly once the fuel starts to drop. I know that while a small flame helps with control to not scorch, a larger flame gets vapors going with less lung power and thats something I like. With small flames you have to fill up you lungs too full and can get dizzy from that. I've seen the refillable metal clippers at EDIT but just haven't pulled the trigger yet. http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/Chrome_Clipper_Lighter__Classic.cfm?iProductID=6589 I like the flint over the electronic but have owned neither.

SuperTorch,

graywulf

throshman, the plastic mouthpiece has weird threads, twist while pulling out and it should do the trick.

graywulf,

Jikaboom123

SuperTorch said:
Jikaboom123 said:
I'm about to get me one of these how is the consistency of the flame, with a bic you get for the most part the same flame for 90% of the time until it runs out, with most refillable the flame seems to vary more rapidly once the fuel starts to drop. I know that while a small flame helps with control to not scorch, a larger flame gets vapors going with less lung power and thats something I like. With small flames you have to fill up you lungs too full and can get dizzy from that. I've seen the refillable metal clippers at EDIT but just haven't pulled the trigger yet. http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/Chrome_Clipper_Lighter__Classic.cfm?iProductID=6589 I like the flint over the electronic but have owned neither.
It's pretty good, adjustable flame too. I'm a VG pro though, so I adjust pretty easily to any flame.

Jikaboom123,

Notsureaboutvapes

stickstones said:
marcuss said:
I feel this kind of vape too close to combustion...i don't like to deal with flames when i vape!
this is my 2 ? cents....
This unit may change your mind. I like it for several reasons. It is portable and it still works really well. The truth is I get thicker hits with the VaporGenie than with my Extreme. True that I don't know how much of the vapor is composed of smoke. I'm sure this unit teeters back and forth between being vapor and smoke. But there is no doubt it gets you high as shit. I'm using it tonight at home when I could be using my Extreme, which brings me to my next point...

...it satisfies whatever that is inside of me that wants to go through the motions of smoking. You know how cigarette smokers who quit sometimes find comfort in holding a pen or putting a pen in their mouth? The VaporGenie does that for me. There was something relaxing about sitting down with a nice blunt or packed pipe. I just don't get that from a vaporizer bag. I can rebuild it in the whip and someday maybe that will be what is comforting (but it is not portable). But for now that thing is the VaporGenie and it helps make the transition from smoke to vapor.
Hey,

I'd really like to know a couple things about the vapor genie, because I have tried to quit smoking for a long time, just slipped up for the 2nd time in 2 1/2 years yesterday ):...

And I saw a vaporgenie for 60 bucks and though I want to quit all consumption...

I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE A DECENT CHEAP VAPORIZER ON HAND TO SAVE MY LUNGS IF DO SLIP UP.

The cheapness is the reason I could just buy one right now at the store near me.

Questions:

1) I'M TRYING TO SAVE MY LUNGS AND SOME ON HERE HAVE SAID THE UNIT PRODUCES SOMETHING BETWEEN SMOKE AND VAPOR....

WOULD ANYONE WHO HAS USED THIS UNIT EXTENSIVELY BE ABLE TO SAY THAT IT IS SIGNIFICANTLY CLOSER TO A VAPORIZER THAN SMOKING??

I mean, if this thing is closer to a real pipe than a vaporizer and produces more smoke than vapor....then there is no point in my buying it...

COULD YOU GIVE A PERCENTAGE ON HOW LIKELY YOU THINK THE UNIT IS TO PRODUCE PURE VAPOR RATHER THAN SMOKE OR HOW MUCH OF WHAT COMES OUT IS VAPOR VS SMOKE??? (This probably depends on temperature...)

2) IS THIS A GOOD FIRST VAPORIZER TO OWN IN TERMS OF EASE WITH USING IT PROPERLY??

I only tried one other vape (the Vapir) and didn't think I used it right, I want an easy to use, cheap 1st vaporizer IF I decide to buy one.

3) DO PEOPLE FIND THE VAPOR GENIE GETS THEM REALLY HIGH?

MOST important is that it is a REAL vaporizer and not closer to smoking, if it doesn't save my lungs then I might as well be smoking right??

But if it truly does produce more vapor than smoke, helps the lungs quite a bit, and is also easy to use and gets one in a good state of consciousness (LOL), then sounds like it might be something I might pick up since it is so cheap.

Any responses would be appreciated

Thanks

Notsureaboutvapes,

lwien

It will only produce smoke if you are using it wrong. It should produce nothing but PURE vapor. There is a bit of a learning curve to get the herb to the correct temp without going over, but within a bowl or two, you should have it down.

The VG was my very first vape, and as a first vape, I would highly recommend it.

lwien,

Notsureaboutvapes

lwien said:
It will only produce smoke if you are using it wrong. It should produce nothing but PURE vapor. There is a bit of a learning curve to get the herb to the correct temp without going over, but within a bowl or two, you should have it down.

The VG was my very first vape, and as a first vape, I would highly recommend it.
Thanks,

Just a couple more questions:

1) DID YOU USED TO SMOKE, AND IF SO, DO YOU FEEL THAT THE VAPOR GENIE GETS YOU AS HIGH AS SMOKING? (even if it isn't quite the SAME KIND of high)

2) Do you use a lighter for this unit and if so, what's the best kind to use?

3) Also, as I understand, the Genie is portable and can be taken outside? Does it run on batteries and if so, what kind?

4) Also, as I understand it, the Genie is fairly high well regarded on this forum? If so, I'm guessing it's a good unit.

Thanks

Notsureaboutvapes,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
did you read a single page of this thread? :disgust:

well anyhoo....

The vg gets me much higher in a different way than smoking ever could. matter of fact that's true with all quality vapes. Also the vg doesnt run on batteries....did the lighter you mentioned above clue you to the fact that it is a portable vaporizer?

use a piezo lighter..avoid toxic flint dust from normal strike to spark bic lighters.

:peace:

(read more threads here bro...the wonders it could do for you is astounding. so much info to be had)

Hennessy1414,

Notsureaboutvapes

Hennessy1414 said:

well anyhoo....

The vg gets me much higher in a different way than smoking ever could. matter of fact that's true with all quality vapes. Also the vg doesnt run on batteries....did the lighter you mentioned above clue you to the fact that it is a portable vaporizer?

use a piezo lighter..avoid toxic flint dust from normal strike to spark bic lighters.

(read more threads here bro...the wonders it could do for you is astounding. so much info to be had)
Yeah your right I should read more of the thread.

But a couple more questions, if you don't mind: CAN you use a regular lighter for the Vapor Genie rather than a Piezo lighter?

And, I don't really understand how it's a vaporizer which takes a lighter to work, wouldn't you necessarily burn the weed using a lighter?

Don't most vaporizers not require a lighter?

The one I used didn't.

And what does the genie run on if it doesn't run on batteries or a power chord?

Notsureaboutvapes,

lwien

Notsureaboutvapes said:
Hennessy1414 said:

well anyhoo....

Yeah your right I should read more of the thread.

But a couple more questions, if you don't mind: CAN you use a regular lighter for the Vapor Genie rather than a Piezo lighter?

And, I don't really understand how it's a vaporizer which takes a lighter to work, wouldn't you necessarily burn the weed using a lighter?

Don't most vaporizers not require a lighter?

The one I used didn't.

And what does the genie run on if it doesn't run on batteries or a power chord?
http://www.vaporbuff.com/vaporgenie/
https://www.vaporgenie.com/

lwien,
Top Bottom