VaporGenie

Jikaboom123

Notsureaboutvapes said:
Hennessy1414 said:
did you read a single page of this thread? :disgust:

well anyhoo....

The vg gets me much higher in a different way than smoking ever could. matter of fact that's true with all quality vapes. Also the vg doesnt run on batteries....did the lighter you mentioned above clue you to the fact that it is a portable vaporizer?

use a piezo lighter..avoid toxic flint dust from normal strike to spark bic lighters.

:peace:

(read more threads here bro...the wonders it could do for you is astounding. so much info to be had)
Yeah your right I should read more of the thread.

But a couple more questions, if you don't mind: CAN you use a regular lighter for the Vapor Genie rather than a Piezo lighter?

And, I don't really understand how it's a vaporizer which takes a lighter to work, wouldn't you necessarily burn the weed using a lighter?

Don't most vaporizers not require a lighter?

The one I used didn't.

And what does the genie run on if it doesn't run on batteries or a power chord?
Do you read? At all?

Jikaboom123,

Notsureaboutvapes

Jikaboom123 said:
Notsureaboutvapes said:
Hennessy1414 said:
did you read a single page of this thread? :disgust:

well anyhoo....

The vg gets me much higher in a different way than smoking ever could. matter of fact that's true with all quality vapes. Also the vg doesnt run on batteries....did the lighter you mentioned above clue you to the fact that it is a portable vaporizer?

use a piezo lighter..avoid toxic flint dust from normal strike to spark bic lighters.

(read more threads here bro...the wonders it could do for you is astounding. so much info to be had)

But a couple more questions, if you don't mind: CAN you use a regular lighter for the Vapor Genie rather than a Piezo lighter?

And, I don't really understand how it's a vaporizer which takes a lighter to work, wouldn't you necessarily burn the weed using a lighter?

The one I used didn't.

Do you read? At all?
Yes I read wiseguy.

Someone else was nice enough to post links.

Notsureaboutvapes,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Yes I read wiseguy.

Here you go bro, have a look at the picture, might clear some things up.

VAPORGENIE.jpg

If you're dead set on BIC/regular lighters, I light up a candle before the session, then it's as simple as pressing down the gas/moving the lighter towards the flame.

This way you can avoids continously sparking the flint.

I don't know whether this helps or not, but it doesn't hurt.

Chubba,

Notsureaboutvapes

Chubba said:
Yes I read wiseguy.

Here you go bro, have a look at the picture, might clear some things up.

http://www.legalbuds.com/images/VAPORGENIE.jpg

If you're dead set on BIC/regular lighters, I light up a candle before the session, then it's as simple as pressing down the gas/moving the lighter towards the flame.

This way you can avoids continously sparking the flint.

I don't know whether this helps or not, but it doesn't hurt.
Yup, I read the links already so I get how it works now.

Notsureaboutvapes,

max

Out to lunch
Notsureaboutvapes said:
Jikaboom123 said:
Notsureaboutvapes said:

The one I used didn't.

Do you read? At all?
Yes I read wiseguy.

If you google VaporGenie the top link is to vaporgenie.com, where there's detailed info on the home page showing and explaining exactly how the vape works, along with info on vaporization and how to use the Genie.

Some people may be sort of giving you a hard time because you don't seem willing to find any info on your own. You just want someone to answer each and every question you have about vaporization and any vape that interests you. So I don't think you have any right to call anyone here "wiseguy" for asking if you read, since it seems that all you want to read are the answers to your questions. While we like to be helpful to those new to vapor, we don't like to spoon feed.

max,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
One of my friends bought over this guy who pulled a Vaporgenie out of his pocket trying too introduce it too us, not knowing each of us already owned one. There was this other guy who was also there who had never used one.
Now I have heard people sometimes mention using the VG is about as obvious as a crack pipe out in public because of the long duration and slow intake of the hit seen from a distance (not often you see a lighter burn for long periods of time at a distance)
but the way I heard this new guy describe how too use it too the newbie was disturbing and a bit funny at the same time
Noob didnt know how too use it, and New Guy got mad and snatched it from him complaining he didnt want his filter burned and clogged.
He then proceeded too tell the noob how too use it using the follow ... " You can't hit it like a normal pipe that will clog it, You gotta hit it like a meth pipe, Don't let the flame touch it, Cook it slow and steady, and don't hit it hard"
sad thing was, noob understood him and took a perfect hit.
he is not the only person I have heard that describes how too hit it that way. (Meth is a big problem where I am at, so alot of people know someone who does Meth, so unfortunately many people are familiar with the procedures involved)

DevoTheStrange,

Choism

DevoTheStrange said:
You gotta hit it like a meth pipe, Don't let the flame touch it, Cook it slow and steady, and don't hit it hard"
sad thing was, noob understood him and took a perfect hit.
he is not the only person I have heard that describes how too hit it that way. (Meth is a big problem where I am at, so alot of people know someone who does Meth, so unfortunately many people are familiar with the procedures involved)
LOL, perfect hit on the first try huh? hmmm.. On a serious note, METH is a serious problem in the world today.

Choism,

Dixinormus

Hi guys, I ordered my VG a few days ago and im wondering if I should try to vape some tea or something in order to get the hang of it so I dont waste any bud. Is this recommended or should I go straight to bud. Thanks!

Dixinormus,

jawsh

ordered my VG yesterday. got the walnut wood one off vapenow for $49.99. I was uber excited to get the walnut as I have grown more of an interest in wood due to my PD.

Also, where is a common place one can grab peirzo lighter? Not sure where to grab one in Toronto.

Will that candle trick work well for bics in minimizing the harmful chemicals?

Hope the learning curve isn't too steep.

can't wait!

jawsh,

UrDoinItWrong

Lighting a bic away from the intake or using a candle to light the bic has the same effect, the goal is to not continually deposit toxic flint metals into the dense permanent filter. You can use a bic, just develop the habit of lighting it AWAY from the VG. Piezo lighters are available everywhere...gas stations, CVS, etc.

Dix: just go for herb, you'll get the hang of it quickly most likely.

UrDoinItWrong,

Hammock Guru

Just an aside guys; sometimes I mix a little chamomile in with my herb when vaping. It's a great taste...really nice. As I can only get Sativas around here, I find that the medicinal qualities of the chamomile (kind of a muscle relaxant) smooths out the S. buzz, particularly in the evening when I want to mellow out. I have eucalyptus trees and I sometimes put a tiny pinch off of a leaf into the mix as well, but the chamomile is nice. It leaves the VG smelling sweet too.

HG

Hammock Guru,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
hammock...I got some chamomile early on and never did it. I should go back to try it! Do you use chamomile tea or something else? Do you change the temp you're vaping with to accommodate the chamomile?

stickstones,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
chamomile tea should work fine, its just cahamomile flowers. reccommended vaping temperature is 190c (quick google search ;) )

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Notsureaboutvapes

My biggest question right now is on Piezo lighters which I just bought and was told are best for the Vapor Genie.

First: I don't have any weed right now, I just got the lighters in the mail and wanted to see how they worked because I've never used a Piezo before. Well...

I Have NO clue how the thing works. I read the instructions on the back and everything, but I've tried to light a piece of paper and the back of a match stick and held it for quite a while and NOTHING hapend, no smoke, nothing.

1) So...HOW DO I USE A PIEZO?? WHY DID NEITHER THE PIECE OF PAPER OR THE MATCH STICK CATCH WHEN I TRIED TO LIGHT THEM???

And now onto my Vapor Genie questions:

I only used it once so far and had varying effects with each hit.

1) I KNOW I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO ACTUALLY LET THE FLAME TOUCH THE INSIDE OF THE FILTER, BUT AM I SUPPOSED TO TOUCH THE FLAME TO THE METAL TOP OF THE BOWL??

If not, then I did it wrong, cause while I was pretty careful not to dip the flame deep enough into the metal bowl to actually touch the gray filter...

As a typical bowl smoker I wasn't sure how to get enough heat to vape without at least touching the flame to the metal part of the bowl.

2) HOW DO I DO THIS??

Now unfortunately the bowl head is kind of blackish and burnt because of it...

3) DID I RUIN THE VAPORIZER??

Finally...

When I would hit it, sometimes I'd get vape, and one or two times I actually got SMOKE.

I am assuming I must have touched the flame to the filter even though I tried Not to, and even though it smelled and looked like smoke, I didn't cough like I usually do so perhaps it was just a thicker vape.

4) DOES IT SOUND LIKE I PRODUCED SMOKE BY TOUCHING THE FILTER AND IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE??

IS IT TYPICAL TO HAVE VARYING EFFECTS WITH THIS VAPORIZER AND SOMETIMES PRODUCE THICKER AND LIGHTER HITS WHILE GETTING USED TO IT?

I know I did it correctly a few times because I got a slightly visible mist/flame but definitely felt the hit go to my head and didn't cough AT ALL.

I know you guys don't like to spoon feed info, but any answers to these questions on the PIEZO lighter and Vapor Genie would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Notsureaboutvapes,

Hammock Guru

Just plain old chamomile tea. If you have access to the dried flowers that might be more interesting and easier--the tea is ground really fine so don't pack it...just sprinkle a bit with your herb before putting it in the bowl.
You may not "feel" anything from the chamomile if you are hoping for a buzz. It's not psychogenic. Go ahead and Google and you'll find that it binds with the same neuro-receptors as benzodiazepam (valium, librium, etc.) It relaxes your muscles a bit, thus interrupting that anxiety-bio-loop-feedback thingy--anxiety causes muscle tension and muscle tension makes you feel more anxious.
Historically chamomile was used as a remedy for a number of health problems. My wife enjoys vaping just chamomile in one of those electric balloon vaporizers as she has asthma and the chamomile works as a bronchial dilator--as does that stuff called THC, (it's the products of combustion that hurt the lungs)
Anyhow, if for now other reason I think it's worth a try cuz it tastes good. I think it tastes like apple.
Enjoy,
HG

Hammock Guru,

Hammock Guru

PS, as with all things the effect of chamomile is going to be dose related. Vaping pure chamomile in generous amounts is more likely to have a noticeable effect than just doing a little. So says the wife.
Don't be crazy, but experiment a little; always remembering that "less is best" and "just enough really is enough".
HG

Hammock Guru,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
Notsureaboutvapes said:
First: I don't have any weed right now, I just got the lighters in the mail and wanted to see how they worked because I've never used a Piezo before. Well...

I Have NO clue how the thing works. I read the instructions on the back and everything, but I've tried to light a piece of paper and the back of a match stick and held it for quite a while and NOTHING hapend, no smoke, nothing.
Lighters are shipped through the mail system empty, on account of the danger involved in shipping fuel. At the risk of stating the obvious, did you fill your piezo lighter with butane before trying it?

Skunkypete,

Notsureaboutvapes

Skunkypete said:
Notsureaboutvapes said:

Lighters are shipped through the mail system empty, on account of the danger involved in shipping fuel. At the risk of stating the obvious, did you fill your piezo lighter with butane before trying it?
Ok, forget my sheer stupidity on the Piezo question LOL...

What about my vapor genie questions??

Notsureaboutvapes,

sundaddy

Notsureaboutvapes- Here's the deal, it took me about a week and a half to master this thing. #1- It's OK to touch the flame to the metal insert, just not the grey inner "filter". The soot just wipes off. #2- You'll know if you touch the lighter to the ceramic filter because it will have a dark black spot on it, no worries, this will go away once you start using it correctly. #3- If you think you burnt the weed, unscrew the bowl, if it looks chocolate brown you didn't, if black you did. #4 I usually pull a dry hit at first for about 4 seconds just to heat the ceramic up, then catch your breath. Now hold the flame as you draw so it goes in the bowl about an 8th or 1/4 " (about 1/2" away from filter) do a long slow draw while slightly moving flame around bowl, in about 6-7 sec you'll start tasting the vapor. Take the flame away but draw in another quick 1-2 sec. and you should have some nice vapor. Unscrew bowl, stir, hit again while it's still warm. This time watch it with the lighter, dip no more than 1/8" in the bowl or you could burn the weed. Once it's all kinda brown, empty it in a container for making brownies with later (still has alot of CBD's). #5 Catch your breath and drink some water. Give you lungs a rest. You shouldn't have to hit it but every 2-3 hours if you have some good nugs. I gave myself bronchitis hitting this thing to often and being out of breath, between tokes. Good Luck. BTW don't judge all vaporizing on this thing, more expensive vapes (volcano, iolite, etc.) would make you fall in love with vaping.

sundaddy,

Notsureaboutvapes

sundaddy said:
Notsureaboutvapes- Here's the deal, it took me about a week and a half to master this thing. #1- It's OK to touch the flame to the metal insert, just not the grey inner "filter". The soot just wipes off. #2- You'll know if you touch the lighter to the ceramic filter because it will have a dark black spot on it, no worries, this will go away once you start using it correctly. #3- If you think you burnt the weed, unscrew the bowl, if it looks chocolate brown you didn't, if black you did. #4 I usually pull a dry hit at first for about 4 seconds just to heat the ceramic up, then catch your breath. Now hold the flame as you draw so it goes in the bowl about an 8th or 1/4 " (about 1/2" away from filter) do a long slow draw while slightly moving flame around bowl, in about 6-7 sec you'll start tasting the vapor. Take the flame away but draw in another quick 1-2 sec. and you should have some nice vapor. Unscrew bowl, stir, hit again while it's still warm. This time watch it with the lighter, dip no more than 1/8" in the bowl or you could burn the weed. Once it's all kinda brown, empty it in a container for making brownies with later (still has alot of CBD's). #5 Catch your breath and drink some water. Give you lungs a rest. You shouldn't have to hit it but every 2-3 hours if you have some good nugs. I gave myself bronchitis hitting this thing to often and being out of breath, between tokes. Good Luck. BTW don't judge all vaporizing on this thing, more expensive vapes (volcano, iolite, etc.) would make you fall in love with vaping.
Thanks man.

Damn though, you got bronchitis using the Vapor Genie?! I thought vaporizing was supposed to PREVENT that kind of thing??

I simply can't afford a better vaporizer right now, when I went to the store they had a volcano for $660....SIX HUNDRED AND SIXTY!! I had no freaking idea they could cost that much but there's no way I can EVER pay that kind of cash for a vaporizer.

I mean, MAYBE $300 MAX...More like $250 on a really good day.

I do have a VAPIR....but I only used it once and didn't like it but I'll try it again sometime most likely because I probably used it wrong.

Question:

IS THE VAPOR GENIE HIGHLY REGARDED AROUND HERE??

BECAUSE YOU MAKE IT SOUND LIKE IT'S NOT A GREAT VAPORIZER WITH YOUR LAST COMMENT.

Of course I know it isn't top of the line, but I DON'T want to be getting bronchitis.

IF IT SAVES MY LUNGS YET AT THE SAME TIME GETS ME REALLY HIGH WITHOUT COUGING A LOT LIKE SMOKING DOES....THAT'S ALL I CARE ABOUT.

I see the VG in a lot of people's sigs...so I would imagine most on here think it's a decent unit.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS SAY....DO MOST OF YOU THINK THE VAPOR GENIE IS A DECENT VAPORIZER????

Notsureaboutvapes,

Notsureaboutvapes

lwien said:
For the money, I think it's one of the best.
Good to hear you guys like it, cause I bought it and can't afford much more right now :D

I've heard that if you just really practice with it you can get clouds just as big as better vapes like the SSV and get just as ripped.

Is that true? If so, I'm gonna get to work on practicing!

Notsureaboutvapes,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
oh yes...a proper hit on the VG can produce a LARGE vapor cloud. I'm surprised all the time by the fact that it cooks the herb so evenly :o

Hennessy1414,
Top Bottom