VaporGenie

checkyourlibido

Anyone have the brass Sherlock and the glass Sherlock is it really comparable? I've got a glass Sherlock (my third one due to loss/breaking) and it rips but I'm looking for a more portable/outdoor option.
Also has everyone given up on VG? No one has shown this forum any love in a while.
There isn't much "breaking news" here. It's an old faithful device that many people have in their rotation though. And it still smacks, probably smacks harder than many other vapes that we all give more attention to.

No, I love my Glass Sherlock, though I don't use it a lot. I think part of it is it's so easy to use it's like cheating, but thanks to your reminder I will have some big, easy clouds this afternoon! It's awesome with an elev8r bowl on a bong.
It is easy, enjoyable, and would be quite the workhorse if I wasn't so worried about breaking it. This one's my third so I'm trying to be more cautious with it.
It's been a while since I've been daily driving it, but yesterday I got cavalier and combusted a bowl on accident. I was swiftly reminded of how much it sucks to combust on accident. Don't understand why it's so much worse combusting in the vape vs just smoking but it is. Maybe because it's the whole bowl at once.

simba

@weedanwine
Love my bronze Sherlock, and my wooden hand carved VG lives in my travel bag with lighters and material. One of my favourite on-the-go and general travel vapes.

This thread is quiet because the VG is such a solid dependable device. It delivers and past that there's often not much else to say about it.

coolbreeze

Glass Super Sherlock:
IMG-4971.jpg

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi Friends, did you noticed that new release from VaporGenie, a mini version of the Glass Sherlock, a little more affordable and looks pretty small too (that's why it's called Mini I believe), I always was hesitating on the Glass Sherlock or Bronze Sherlock... But the Mini Glass Sherlock will decide me.

mini-sherlock-hand-held-50-percent_2_1.jpg

coolbreeze

Hi Friends, did you noticed that new release from VaporGenie, a mini version of the Glass Sherlock, a little more affordable and looks pretty small too (that's why it's called Mini I believe), I always was hesitating on the Glass Sherlock or Bronze Sherlock... But the Mini Glass Sherlock will decide me.

mini-sherlock-hand-held-50-percent_2_1.jpg
I got one of those a couple years ago. It's really nice and I'd encourage anyone interested. It shares strengths with the Glass Sherlock: pure flavor, ease of use, etc. It is slightly warmer and it doesn't stand so you need a contingency for setting it down, but it was marketed as a pocket version when I got mine. These glass Sherlocks are among the easiest and most satisfying manual vapes I've tried.

simba

@weedanwine
That's cool! First new release from them in a long time!

Although a vape like the VG doesn't need development, it does its job just right. Solid and dependable. I have a hand carved that stays in one of my bags all the time. And even though I don't use my bronze Sherlock that often, it's always a pleasure when I do.

And speaking of the bronze Sherlock

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I got one of those a couple years ago. It's really nice and I'd encourage anyone interested. It shares strengths with the Glass Sherlock: pure flavor, ease of use, etc. It is slightly warmer and it doesn't stand so you need a contingency for setting it down, but it was marketed as a pocket version when I got mine. These glass Sherlocks are among the easiest and most satisfying manual vapes I've tried.
So it's not a new device? I thought the last time I gave a look at the VG website was closer... Time is evaporating in the void...

maremaresing

It's been out a few years, but on the VG timeline it's brand new. I almost bought one a few years back, and it does seem neat with it's padded bag and all that.

maremaresing,
Reactions: simba

coolbreeze

So it's not a new device? I thought the last time I gave a look at the VG website was closer... Time is evaporating in the void...
I got mine a couple years ago. There was something about the write-up for it that suggested to me that it was being discontinued or was a one-run-and-done kind of thing. I'm surprised to see them back, tbh. Anyhow, they work great and fit in your shirt pocket, but they don't stand. They're basically an 18mm bowl so any 18mm heater will work with them, too.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Vapenvy

simba

@weedanwine
I've never tried the coil or bat style but been curious. They seem a bit too small so they'd get very hot?

The glass bat though is so cool and I've very nearly bought it a few times.

hillbill

They can get warm but the coil cools fast held in ac vent in your vehicle. Plug both holes on Bat and run a little cold water on it. Or rub a little dew on it and wave it around a little.

hillbill,

maremaresing

I got the coil back in 2017 for a trip overseas and found it not to get hot due to how much mass there is. It was one of those vapes that made me go "hold up this is really nice" every time I used it, but never clicked for me and rarely used it. Even on the trip I ended up just smoking prerolls the mostly, in spite of having fucked combustion for a long time beforehand. Just hard to use the soft flame when you can't see it and are outdoors.

simba

@weedanwine
Oh that really begs the question who still uses a soft flame with a VG?

One try with a torch flame and never going back for me. I know all the instructions have soft flames but I bet that's partly because they don't wanna redesign and reprint stuff. Also I think selling torch lighters in their shop now is tacit approval, or just good business sense 🤔

Either way, I know I don't wanna use it with a soft flame ever.

maremaresing

I used to, it's fine and performs really well. They still say you can't use it with the glass ones because it cracks the glass, but they recommend it for the others. I still have my handcarved, which I really like, but the vapor is so hot and dry it's permanently shelved.

They need to make a stainless steel base that I can screw my handcarved topper onto. I'd probably use it a lot more.

maremaresing,

coolbreeze

I used to, it's fine and performs really well. They still say you can't use it with the glass ones because it cracks the glass, but they recommend it for the others. I still have my handcarved, which I really like, but the vapor is so hot and dry it's permanently shelved.

They need to make a stainless steel base that I can screw my handcarved topper onto. I'd probably use it a lot more.
Hope the glass is boro. I've used mine a lot (and the heater fits any 18mm bowl, so I've used it like that a bunch, too) and never with a soft lighter, torch only. No sign of cracks or anything so far. I absolutely love the Glass Sherlock but would not use it if yellow flame was the only option.

maremaresing

It could be a CYA thing, or hedging their bets against people in cold areas torching the side of cold glass, or something else. That's what kept me from getting their glass mini, though. At this point it's very expensive for what it is, though I don't doubt it works well.

simba

@weedanwine
Single small-ish jet flame, I have tried double and triple jets and that's too spicy a meatball for me to handle. You can see the lighter and flame size I'm using in the video I posted above.

Top Bottom