• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

VaporGenie

coolbreeze

What does the filter do? I have the non glass Elev8r and they include a ceramic disc for it, for which I never really knew what it was for.
I took him to mean the heater, which uses a ceramic sponge to diffuse the heat from your torch. The one from your elev8r is to do concentrates with. I think like the porosity, etc of the two sponges is different. Similar things for different purposes.

simba

@weedanwine
Took the VG out today for the first time, worked really well out in the wild. If you don't know your lighter flame well then it could be a problem outdoors, but as long as you know your lighter then it's great.

JEMSKU

Is there anyone here who owns, or has tried, both the glass sherlock and the bronze models? Which did you like better, and why?

I ask because i believe that the glass model is probably very functional, and easy to clean...but I like the aesthetics, including the retro look, of the bronze model better than the glass.

I own the bronze sherlock and the steel coil. Something I don't see ever mentioned about the bronze is that it it imparts a distinctive flavor. I found it off-putting at first but I got used to it. It also subsides with some seasoning much like wooden vapes.

I'd describe it as an inoffensive earthy tone and now it's just part of the experience, I very much enjoy using the sherlock.

637vape

I'll add that they sell the glass heater top separately and if you already own the elev8r bowl it's the cheapest, most effective entry into the VG world. It's also probably the cheapest and most effective convection torch vape available at anything like that price point. Its only real competition there is some of @RogueGuy 's glass vapes, and maybe the Lamart Piro.

I purchased the glass heater only based on your suggestion. Currently using it with a old head freight train bowl and a herborizer bubbler with good results. Being able to see the vapor in the water piece has made this so easy to use, the bronze sherlock is tempting but I'm not sure how I'd do without a clear view of everything at this point.

I need to read through this thread, but is anyone using a non-single flame torch?

coolbreeze

Currently using it with a old head freight train bowl and a herborizer bubbler with good results. Being able to see the vapor in the water piece has made this so easy to use, the bronze sherlock is tempting but I'm not sure how I'd do without a clear view of everything at this point.
Glad you're enjoying it. It gets pretty intuitive after a while. Maybe it'll seem a likelier possibility with experience. But, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever used it on something other than glass....

coolbreeze,

simba

@weedanwine
I need to read through this thread, but is anyone using a non-single flame torch?

I've used it with a double and triple flame torch. The double just to see, and it was way too easy to burn your bowl.

Recently I was at a weed festival for the weekend with my VG and after my single flame torch was running low, I had my Dyna triple flame torch and tried that and it was kinda cool.

Instant vapor, but you have to give it a very slight blast. I wouldn't use it as my standard lighter for the VG, but useable in a pinch.

As an aside, absolutely loved taking my VG out in a festival situation. The biggest issue with the Dynavap is being able to hear the click, but with the VG that's not an issue at all. So easy to take hits and reload the bowl

simba

@weedanwine
After living with a basic VG for quite a while now, I think I can firmly say it's got a place in my line-up. So I'm upgrading! I've just ordered a spiral hand-carved in walnut and bronze sherlock. Once they arrive I'll also be sending one to Glass Charlie so he can make me some glass mouthpieces for them.

coolbreeze

After living with a basic VG for quite a while now, I think I can firmly say it's got a place in my line-up. So I'm upgrading! I've just ordered a spiral hand-carved in walnut and bronze sherlock. Once they arrive I'll also be sending one to Glass Charlie so he can make me some glass mouthpieces for them.
Nice! You've inspired me to bust out the glass sherlock.

637vape

Is there anyone here who owns, or has tried, both the glass sherlock and the bronze models? Which did you like better, and why?

I ask because i believe that the glass model is probably very functional, and easy to clean...but I like the aesthetics, including the retro look, of the bronze model better than the glass.
for anyone else wondering this, I bought both and plan on keeping the bronze sherlock. the glass helped me dial in my technique but seeing the vapor was the only advantage for me because I never planned on using it through water. the bronze feels better looks more like a pipe and is more durable which checked all the boxes for me.

simba

@weedanwine
Bronze Sherlock users, did you notice any kind of smell emanating from the device on the mouthpiece end after having a bowl when you first got it?

I've had a few bowls through mine and I am noticing something, but wondering if it's because it's new and it'll go away?

JEMSKU

Bronze Sherlock users, did you notice any kind of smell emanating from the device on the mouthpiece end after having a bowl when you first got it?

I've had a few bowls through mine and I am noticing something, but wondering if it's because it's new and it'll go away?
Yes, this is my experience with the bronze and oddly it's seldom mentioned here.

It does diminish as the vape is 'seasoned' and comes back when it's cleaned. I don't notice it as much anymore, hard to say if it's actually gone away a bit or if I'm just used to it now.

simba

@weedanwine
Yeah I was reading up on the "smell" of bronze generally, there's quite a lot about it. Then on reexamining the smell I can detect the part of the smell that's weed and the other part which is from the bronze.

I enquired with VG and they said there shouldn't be any smell and they'd exchange my unit, but I wanted to check here first if others had experienced it. I think I'll keep my unit, took two attempts to get it here the first time, I don't need to wait even longer 😂

I'm really enjoying my bronze Sherlock generally, one thing though you have to be more careful about combusting. Because the vapour is cooler and smoother than with my other VGs, I've been borderline combusting on a few bowls. But I guess that's what they call "a good problem" 😁

Anyone have the brass Sherlock and the glass Sherlock is it really comparable? I've got a glass Sherlock (my third one due to loss/breaking) and it rips but I'm looking for a more portable/outdoor option.
Also has everyone given up on VG? No one has shown this forum any love in a while.

hoptimum

Anyone have the brass Sherlock and the glass Sherlock is it really comparable? I've got a glass Sherlock (my third one due to loss/breaking) and it rips but I'm looking for a more portable/outdoor option.
Also has everyone given up on VG? No one has shown this forum any love in a while.
I have the original wooden Vapor Genie and it works very well as a durable portable vape.

Top Bottom