Vapor Halogen Wand

R1ng0

Hello FC community, Here is a video demo of a new halo log I just built. If any one is interested in owning a halo log please message me. I have complete kits and you can order the halo log by itself. You can either have quartz or red rubie beads over the halogen bulb.
Hello Vaporooni, id be interested in one but i'm in the uk is that a problem cheers

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Wow. Got my halogen wand early! Wasn't expecting a Sunday delivery but I'll take it.

Thanks for the extra bulbs @Vaporooni !

So I got out my 20000mah powerbank, attached Ed's TnT on the go cable with dimmer and plugged it in. Pretty lights came on, nice! Took out my Arizer Connoisseur bowl and loaded up about 0.2g coarse ground, then placed it on top. Attached a dimpled 18mm mouthpiece to that and started sipping. It looks like a little tower as in @Vaporooni 's videos.

At first I just got wispy, tasty vapor, but then I realized I didn't allow for any heat soak of the gems around the halogen. I ended up around 8 or 9 on the dial of the dimmer before getting to temp so maybe I'll crank that down in the future but that's where I left it for the session.

So yeah. That halogen taste. It's very nice. Just very soft and different. It never tasted harsh to me even near the end of the session. I'm really pleased because this is a new signature for me. I dare say it's some of the nicest, softest vapor I've tasted. The cyclone action of the flower in the Connoisseur bowl during pulls is really pleasing to the eye and very efficient at extracting everything from the flower.

It is however kinda messy and I had to make sure my mouthpiece had a screen to prevent scoobies that escaped the top of the Arizer bowl. @Vaporooni has put a nice fine mesh on the tip of the unit which is excellent at preventing debris from hitting the bulb, however I think I'll try it as an injector next time and see how it does.

TLDR; First impressions.... Awesome taste. Nice build. Happy! I'll post pics in the next days.

Darth Gram Gram

Wow. Got my halogen wand early! Wasn't expecting a Sunday delivery but I'll take it.

Thanks for the extra bulbs @Vaporooni !

So I got out my 20000mah powerbank, attached Ed's TnT on the go cable with dimmer and plugged it in. Pretty lights came on, nice! Took out my Arizer Connoisseur bowl and loaded up about 0.2g coarse ground, then placed it on top. Attached a dimpled 18mm mouthpiece to that and started sipping. It looks like a little tower as in @Vaporooni 's videos.

At first I just got wispy, tasty vapor, but then I realized I didn't allow for any heat soak of the gems around the halogen. I ended up around 8 or 9 on the dial of the dimmer before getting to temp so maybe I'll crank that down in the future but that's where I left it for the session.

So yeah. That halogen taste. It's very nice. Just very soft and different. It never tasted harsh to me even near the end of the session. I'm really pleased because this is a new signature for me. I dare say it's some of the nicest, softest vapor I've tasted. The cyclone action of the flower in the Connoisseur bowl during pulls is really pleasing to the eye and very efficient at extracting everything from the flower.

It is however kinda messy and I had to make sure my mouthpiece had a screen to prevent scoobies that escaped the top of the Arizer bowl. @Vaporooni has put a nice fine mesh on the tip of the unit which is excellent at preventing debris from hitting the bulb, however I think I'll try it as an injector next time and see how it does.

TLDR; First impressions.... Awesome taste. Nice build. Happy! I'll post pics in the next days.
I am so glad you liked it! I was waiting on your review after you asked me about having one. This feels vindicating somehow haha

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I am so glad you liked it! I was waiting on your review after you asked me about having one. This feels vindicating somehow haha
Yeah, no worries it's great so far! Just had another bowl and the signature is very nice.

Gives me that stony effect but it seems to come on a bit later. I'll need more experimenting. For science! 🔬🧪

Edit: Here come some photos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/zfU2FHrTrSCp7zZB8

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
So I don't have a lot of 18mm bowls outside of the Arizer Connoisseur one. I tried the 18mm bowl with passthrough from the Thermal Twist but it's not deep enough.

The tip of the halogen+gems extends a bit beyond the 18mm male connector so I'm gonna need a deeper bowl than average to use it as an injector. Any thoughts?

re-linking the photos here https://photos.app.goo.gl/zfU2FHrTrSCp7zZB8

coolbreeze

So I don't have a lot of 18mm bowls outside of the Arizer Connoisseur one. I tried the 18mm bowl with passthrough from the Thermal Twist but it's not deep enough.

The tip of the halogen+gems extends a bit beyond the 18mm male connector so I'm gonna need a deeper bowl than average to use it as an injector. Any thoughts?

re-linking the photos here https://photos.app.goo.gl/zfU2FHrTrSCp7zZB8
That's gorgeous! I've been using the @VGOODIEZ glass chambers with my 18mm halogen vape and the deeper ones ought to work, I think (I mostly use the shorter ones, so those may work too):
20221207_193259.jpg

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
That's gorgeous! I've been using the @VGOODIEZ glass chambers with my 18mm halogen vape and the deeper ones ought to work, I think (I mostly use the shorter ones, so those may work too):
20221207_193259.jpg

Thanks! I've got the 14mm one of these for the couchlog so I know they're good. Was hoping to recycle something I already had.

Oh well. Guess I'll just have to buy new glass! 😍

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
So here's another update after some more time with the VHW. I apologize for the lengthy post but it's been some more days with it and TLDR, I'm impressed.

I first want to fully disclose that before this purchase, I didn't own much in the way of 18mm bowls. All I have currently is the Arizer Connoisseur bowl and an 18/14 adapter that I shoved a screen into the bottom of to make a very narrow bowl.

I expected the Connoisseur bowl to be good based on @Vaporooni 's videos... and it is! Very cool to see the flower blowing around and getting crispy. The taste is super soft and flavorful. I'm impressed still.

But I wanted to see how the VHW performed as an injector. After some advice from @Vaporooni I have some DDave Arizer XQ2/VTower mod bowls coming, and some regular and XL glass injector bowls from SneakyPete on the way too.

However since they're not here now I tried using the VHW as an injector with that makeshift 18mm bowl I made out of my 18/14mm adapter. The bowl was super narrow as it was mostly contained in the 14mm side of the adapter. The VHW was nice and close to the flower and it worked great!

No burning, great taste and many, many smooth draws. I don't know how much this makeshift bowl holds but if I had to guess it's only about 0.1g. Crazy.

If the VHW does this well with a makeshift bowl, I can only imagine how nice it'll be with the bowls I have on the way!

One other thing. I had been powering the VHW with a small but powerful powerbank but I recently tried it in the USB-C of my Tesla and it works great. Don't worry though... I won't vape and drive but if I'm parked for a few hours... all bets are off 😁

Edit: Here's a pic of my makeshift bowl using the VHW as an injector.

Last edited:

seedy53

So here's another update after some more time with the VHW. I apologize for the lengthy post but it's been some more days with it and TLDR, I'm impressed.

I first want to fully disclose that before this purchase, I didn't own much in the way of 18mm bowls. All I have currently is the Arizer Connoisseur bowl and an 18/14 adapter that I shoved a screen into the bottom of to make a very narrow bowl.

I expected the Connoisseur bowl to be good based on @Vaporooni 's videos... and it is! Very cool to see the flower blowing around and getting crispy. The taste is super soft and flavorful. I'm impressed still.

But I wanted to see how the VHW performed as an injector. After some advice from @Vaporooni I have some DDave Arizer XQ2/VTower mod bowls coming, and some regular and XL glass injector bowls from SneakyPete on the way too.

However since they're not here now I tried using the VHW as an injector with that makeshift 18mm bowl I made out of my 18/14mm adapter. The bowl was super narrow as it was mostly contained in the 14mm side of the adapter. The VHW was nice and close to the flower and it worked great!

No burning, great taste and many, many smooth draws. I don't know how much this makeshift bowl holds but if I had to guess it's only about 0.1g. Crazy.

If the VHW does this well with a makeshift bowl, I can only imagine how nice it'll be with the bowls I have on the way!

One other thing. I had been powering the VHW with a small but powerful powerbank but I recently tried it in the USB-C of my Tesla and it works great. Don't worry though... I won't vape and drive but if I'm parked for a few hours... all bets are off 😁

Edit: Here's a pic of my makeshift bowl using the VHW as an injector.
what does this halo light vape cost and where does it ship from?

seedy53,

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Hello FC community, I'm starting a new project in where I create one of a kind halogen destop and hand held vaporizers. Here is a start to my signature collection. This wooden vaporizer is 6" in height and 2 1/2" wide at the base. The 6" in height will hide the 18mm heater. Has the same black 18mm heater cover to keep the 20 watt RoHS compliance halogen bulb dim and easy on your eyes. The halogen bulb will have two layers of 3mm rubies protected by a fine mesh stainless steel screen. No toxic glues or solder ever used to build my vaporizers. All insulated wires are replaced with medical grade stainless steel wires without insulation that power the halogen bulb. Be the first to own a one of a kind halogen vaporizer.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Hello FC community, I'm starting a new project in where I create one of a kind halogen destop and hand held vaporizers. Here is a start to my signature collection. This wooden vaporizer is 6" in height and 2 1/2" wide at the base. Has the same black 18mm heater cover to keep the 20 watt RoHS compliance halogen bulb dim and easy on your eyes. The halogen bulb will have two layers of 3mm rubies protected by a fine mesh stainless steel screen. No toxic glues or solder ever used to build my vaporizers. All insulated wires are replaced with medical grade stainless steel wires without insulation that power the halogen bulb. Be the first to own a one of a kind halogen vaporizer.
My god you halo log guys are killin' it these days! That vape is amazing!

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Just had another session with the VHW as an injector and my makeshift bowl fashioned using an 18/14 adapter.

Mike Vogel Hello GIF by Sundance Now

We're cruising at an altitude of .... oh..... :smug:..... 35,000ft. The fasten seat belt sign is off. Feel free to move about the cabin.... or perhaps just recline in your seat because your legs no longer work and you might need a surgeon to remove the shit-eating grin from your face.

Dog Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

My new bowls come Monday but very happy with this franken-bowl so far. Becoming a fan of the halogen taste too. The radiant heat and convection seems very forgiving. I haven't had any burnt taste problems and as advertised, the taste lasts for the whole session.

Edit: Just had another bowl.... mmmmmmm ... why does it feel like I'm using this? 🤣

The Easy Bake oven :leaf:

Last edited:

oldfool

glass heater head with rubies over the bulb.
The vapor is so smooth and the tasty vapor from the begining of your vape session to the end.
Not one bit of harshness at all with every inhale and exhale.
I thought so 3 years ago.
I thought the purpose of the log was to shield the light.
So you have it sticking up where it blinds you?
Back is business. :brow:

IMG-2514.jpg

IMG-2517.jpg

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Top Bottom