Vapman

coolbreeze

...a beautiful collection. I love them all. I wish you would show the zebra wood on its own please. I would love to see it please. Thank you if you can.
Thank you, sir! : ) My camera's in dire need of an upgrade but maybe some of the beauty will come through. Here it is with the Satinwood:
IMG-7970.jpg

Flavor Vaper

Thank you, sir! : ) My camera's in dire need of an upgrade but maybe some of the beauty will come through. Here it is with the Satinwood:
IMG-7970.jpg
This is tempting me to get a satinwood! I like the blonde hue in this one. Looks nothing like the website pictures.

Yup, bought it...in a Station bundle. Plus a Zebrano w/ case & MP. Amazing deal with Station bundle, new/limited release sale, and FC code. :rockon:

Flavor Vaper

For those of you who got their station calibrated to run hotter, what was the process? I placed an order this morning with a note requesting this, but it's already shipping from Georgia with an arrival date in 2 days, so I'm guessing they didn't tweak it.

Woolf

For those of you who got their station calibrated to run hotter, what was the process? I placed an order this morning with a note requesting this, but it's already shipping from Georgia with an arrival date in 2 days, so I'm guessing they didn't tweak it.
I would be interested too. I dont use my Station because it doesnt get hot enough

coolbreeze

I dont use my Station because it doesnt get hot enough
Do you have more than one Vapman? If it's possible to try another, maybe it would work better. I've found that some of mine work very well on it and one or two work, but not well, as though the heater is not working properly for some reason. I suspect the heater is fine and even well-calibrated, and the problem is how complete is the contact is between pan and heater, or at least that's how it seems to me.

Woolf

Do you have more than one Vapman? If it's possible to try another, maybe it would work better. I've found that some of mine work very well on it and one or two work, but not well, as though the heater is not working properly for some reason. I suspect the heater is fine and even well-calibrated, and the problem is how complete is the contact is between pan and heater, or at least that's how it seems to me.
Its the New version of the station and i used it with the vapman v2. Thats what it is made for. Really disappointed to be honest.

coolbreeze

Weirdly all of my Swiss vapmans work better with the station than my Italians. Surprising, for sure.
Same, except for the two that just arrived, the Zebrano and the Satinwood, both V2s, both seem to work fine on either station. In fact, the ones that work well on the Green station suggest that the two stations really are similarly calibrated, at least according to the position of the indicator. It could be the weight difference but I use them randomly with WPAs of different weight but I don't know that that affects anything. My V1 olive that doesn't work very well on the green station seems to have a more rounded point on its pan. For some reason it seem fine on the black station. It's a mystery.

I guess my whole point is, something needs addressed but it may be something other than the calibration issue. Also, your station may be fine and trying another Vapman may bear that out.

186°

My :2c:
I use my green station mosty with either a OG Pear Basic (with Mica) or an OG Pear Pure (without Mica). And it is quite a difference: The AVB gets too dark for my taste at level 5 with the Pure but at level 7 with the Basic (which seems counter intuitive to me). I can't tell you why, yet, at least not the whole story. For sure one part of the explanation has to do with heat distribution and heat losses. But one thing which is easily overlooked in my opinion are differences in draw resistance. The airflow of my Basic is more open than the Pure, therefore the velocity of the air flowing through the herbs is faster in comparison, which means (according to how I understand physics) the air temperature gets lower (which has to do with air pressure along the herbs, I guess). Does this make sense?

Last edited:

coolbreeze

My :2c:
I use my green station mosty with either a OG Pear Basic (with Mica) or an OG Pear Pure (without Mica). And it is quite a difference: The AVB gets too dark for my taste at level 5 with the Pure but at level 7 with the Basic (which seems counter intuitive to me). I can't tell you why, yet, at least not the whole story. For sure one part of the explanation has to do with heat distribution and heat losses. But one thing which is easily overlooked in my opinion are differences in draw resistance. The airflow of my Basic is more open than the Pure, therefore the velocity of the air flowing through the herbs is faster in comparison, which means (according to how I understand physics) the air temperature gets lower (which has to do with air pressure along the herbs, I guess). Does this make sense?
Totally does if all things are equal, but that wouldn't really explain ones that work well on the black but not the green station. To me that's another indicator that the black station may have a slightly more forgiving fit, or some other factor that allows it to heat ones the green one doesn't like, while the symptoms look something like the green station's not heating it enough. Maybe it's not the available heat but how efficiently it can be delivered.

kokolokokolokon

I would be interested too. I dont use my Station because it doesnt get hot enough
More or less in the same situation (even when i told them to calibrate it much, much higher).

I set it at 9. If i do back to back heat ups with herb is ok but the vapman gets hot (especially the mouthpiece...even if I use the madheaters mod, which is way more cooler). I mainly vape has on the vapman and i feel how the hash get consumed in the station. I mean, i set on 9 and i need to do back to back heat ups...and when i do it (like 3 heat ups) i get better hits, but just one normal hit and another weak one, and the hash get consumed.
Maybe it needs more power speed to simulate a torch, i dont know

Edit: i still love my vapman and amaranth case :love:

Last edited:

T9R

Such a bummer to hear about you guys having issues with your stations. :\

The station has always been the hassle-free, fool-proof and most replicable way to use a VM for me. Not necessarily the best way, but there are definitely moments where I'm very grateful to have it around, and it also serves as a great entry for new and inexperienced VM users. So it's a shame if you guys aren't getting the full experience out of it.

Just for reference, I usually set my black station (1-6) to 3.5 for hash, without needing to do any back to back heat ups. And that provides similar results as low-flame torching does for me.

Top Bottom