Vapman

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
I know how well loved the station is even, or especially, amongst Vapman veterans. But these issues with the station exemplifies why I love Vapmans so much. They vary enormously.

So until I'm given as much control over the station as I have with my £8 torch, I'm not upgrading my heat source.

Maybe the manufacturer could publish the method of recalibration - with the caveat that by attempting this yourself you just voided your warranty? (Or maybe someone somewhere has already jailbroken theirs?). The real IP is in the execution, and the quality control, right?

passenger

is this thing on?
But these issues with the station exemplifies why I love Vapmans so much. They vary enormously.
So true, they do! The heavier woods interact with how the Vapman behaves. At least that's what I experience with my pure / basic Vapmans on the station. Denser wood stores heat longer than less dense for example. In my mind that also affects the whole procedure.

coolbreeze

Such a bummer to hear about you guys having issues with your stations. :\

The station has always been the hassle-free, fool-proof and most replicable way to use a VM for me. Not necessarily the best way, but there are definitely moments where I'm very grateful to have it around, and it also serves as a great entry for new and inexperienced VM users. So it's a shame if you guys aren't getting the full experience out of it.

Just for reference, I usually set my black station (1-6) to 3.5 for hash, without needing to do any back to back heat ups. And that provides similar results as low-flame torching does for me.
Yeah, I hope the handful of us who have them can help zero in on the issue so it can be addressed because when it's working well it's really wonderful. I guess the Vapmen could do some testing between an avg Green station and an avg Black station and a handful of different VMs and see if they can replicate some of these scenarios and then test/measure as evidence arrises.

bankruptcy

Talking about heating stations I have an early sketch about an interesting project: an "analog" heating station for the vapman. (..) i'll gladly share my journey with the community ;)
After a long time I finally made some progress. I'm really interested in what you guys think, so feel free to share your opinion.

I think candles are a really underrated source of heat for vaping. I like the gentler heat up, the lack of sound and the overall convenience. I've been enjoying using candles with most of my devices, however the vapman per se is not "compatible" with soft flames in general, so i wanted to solve this problem.

The idea is to have an unregulated station, using it leaving the vapman on it for X seconds, take some puffs and repeat. The heat shield is not compulsory, but would be a nice feature to have.

I'll definetely make one for me, and could make more for anyone who's interested.
However my dream is to make this product in collaboration with Micheal and David and release it as an official alternative to the electric station.

Soluzioni Foglia is a one man band project focused on grow lights. You can chek my site here https://soluzionifoglia.company.site/
p.s
I have something ready for the lotus too ;)

coolbreeze

I didn't realize so few are happy with the new station.
A number of folks have reported disappointing performance but it's not clear what's causing it. The assumption is that the new station is calibrated to a lower set of temps affecting performance, but if you are able to compare different Vapmans and stations, it's not clear that that's it, some may work perfectly. I just hope it is something that can be found and remedied. For my own part, I have a few that work great with it so I'm happy. The station is so good when it's working as intended.

After a long time I finally made some progress. I'm really interested in what you guys think, so feel free to share your opinion.

I think candles are a really underrated source of heat for vaping. I like the gentler heat up, the lack of sound and the overall convenience. I've been enjoying using candles with most of my devices, however the vapman per se is not "compatible" with soft flames in general, so i wanted to solve this problem.

The idea is to have an unregulated station, using it leaving the vapman on it for X seconds, take some puffs and repeat. The heat shield is not compulsory, but would be a nice feature to have.

I'll definetely make one for me, and could make more for anyone who's interested.
However my dream is to make this product in collaboration with Micheal and David and release it as an official alternative to the electric station.

Soluzioni Foglia is a one man band project focused on grow lights. You can chek my site here https://soluzionifoglia.company.site/
p.s
Looks pretty cool! I'd love to hear how it goes.

Radwin Bodnic

p.s
Thats a nice design !
I think the heat exchanger will get real hot in the lower part, radiating a lot of energy but not so much on the upper part. The thinner the neck between the two parts the more thermally isolated they will be.
It needs some prototypes testing anyway.

Keep us informed !

kokolokokolokon

Epic! some weeks ago i thought something similar looking at my analog vaporizer (not a weed one of course, i dont know how to say it in english, it is a vaporicer which vaporize essential oils in a little pot with a veil in the bottom). But damn, this design Rocks! :rockon::rockon:

The assumption is that the new station is calibrated to a lower set of temps affecting performance, but if you are able to compare different Vapmans and stations, it's not clear that that's it, some may work perfectly. I just hope it is something that can be found and remedied.

Looks like it works better with old vapman, which is strange since it is made for the new olive vapman

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
Well, VAS got the better of me again and I ordered the Zebrano bundle. I couldn't resist the upgrades and discount. I honestly would have preferred the olive wood but I'm sure this will look amazing. the storage box looks great but part of me still longs for the older zipper pouch. can't wait for the new member of the vapman family to arrive...

MrGreenspoon

Well, VAS got the better of me again and I ordered the Zebrano bundle. I couldn't resist the upgrades and discount. I honestly would have preferred the olive wood but I'm sure this will look amazing. the storage box looks great but part of me still longs for the older zipper pouch. can't wait for the new member of the vapman family to arrive...
Same here. I didn't want to order it but after seeing so many beautiful pics I couldn't resist...Zebrano Vapman, case and the walnut mouthpiece are on the way....I know I'm weak :(
And happy ;):science:

coolbreeze

Cheers!
IMG-8023.jpg

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I love seeing other peoples vape collections. Mine is fairly modest, rarely with a duplicate ( vapman being the exception ). I try to have a variety for the sake of having some variety. when I see a collection with so many of the same product and all the accessories it makes me feel better about my own VAS... :rofl:
thanks for sharing

MrGreenspoon

I love seeing other peoples vape collections. Mine is fairly modest, rarely with a duplicate ( vapman being the exception ). I try to have a variety for the sake of having some variety. when I see a collection with so many of the same product and all the accessories it makes me feel better about my own VAS... :rofl:
thanks for sharing
Yes exactly. The forum ist perfect to ease your conscience :brow:

Dr. G

Old Resident
Have you noticed any difference in performance between your different VMs?
YES! I have. We have including son. The new version works perfectly. The older versions take longer and we have to pump up the heat a bit. Flavor the same. On ours...the new Vapman sits better in the well.

PS This of course if not scientific but, we are using a smaller amount of herb in the chamber and we are getting INCREDIBLE results. Microdosing at its finest...

We have three of the 2.0 versions and they work the best and the mouth piece is awesome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom