Vapman

Dr. G

Old Resident
Hello guys!
Short update, vapman 2.0 is ready soon, only a few days left ;)
Regarding the station, we are still in production, it takes so long, and there are so many steps... but we will soon send you an email out with the final launch date and payment link! :)

all the best
David and Michael
Thank you David and Michael...regards to Rene!!!!!!!!!!!

kokolokokolokon

hello people! Recently I acquired a second hand Vapman classic. Great device for traditional hash!!! Easy to use and the pear wood gives a special smell to the hash

i was worried about cleaning since the mouthpiece is a little…mmm..dark, and the oven looks a worn out. What do you think?

oh! And looking at the simrell mouthpiece for the vapman i just used a revolve gen 2 with the secondary cooling unit and 2 orings to make this mod and keep more path clean!

Anyone knows if the new stem piece to prevent it to the dirt is compatible with the old stem?

Electrofever

i was worried about cleaning since the mouthpiece is a little…mmm..dark, and the oven looks a worn out. What do you think?
Acetone should do the job for the wooden midsection. I just went through there, and after 1 hour in acetone it came out really nice. For the pan, magic eraser can be used, or the mustard tech, as mentioned a bit before. Or maybe just buy a new pan ?

oh! And looking at the simrell mouthpiece for the vapman i just used a revolve gen 2 with the secondary cooling unit and 2 orings to make this mod and keep more path clean!
Nice mod :)

Anyone knows if the new stem piece to prevent it to the dirt is compatible with the old stem?
The new stem, as you say, is the entire midsection, eg. the metal filter (which clips on and off), the wood section (now lined with metal) and the mouthpiece. So, if you are speaking of the metal filter, no the new one won’t be compatible with old ones. But the new full midsection is compatible with old VM, Italian made.

Once again, anyone correct me if I’m wrong ;)

Edit : I finally discovered, obviously by reading someone explaining so, how to do multiple quotes !

kokolokokolokon

Thank you @Electrofever !

Acetone should do the job for the wooden midsection. I just went through there, and after 1 hour in acetone it came out really nice. For the pan, magic eraser can be used, or the mustard tech, as mentioned a bit before. Or maybe just buy a new pan ?
I have to buy acetone! I did read it on here but later i read the acetone is bad for wood.
The pan isn’t really dirty. Is more like scratched, and i dont know ir it is ok or i should buy a new one as you say

kokolokokolokon,

jbm

I've read mixed things about using acetone, although I know there are quite a few people on here that use this method.
I’ve done one relatively short (I think less than an hour) acetone soak of an olive wood midsection. It came out very clean and dried rapidly. I’ve also tried the magic eraser on a pan with decent reaults, though the abrasion makes me think I might not do that again. I’ve also had decent results swabbing a pan with Dark Crystal.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Is more like scratched, and i dont know ir it is ok or i should buy a new one as you say
The pan’s core should be pure copper under the gold plate. There’s been a lot of lively discussion here about whether copper is a safe material, so as always, flip a coin and trust your feelings.

(The pans of the OG classics aren’t supposed to be user serviceable… I take it you have an Italian-made Vapuomo? If you can get the pan out, you might as well put a shiny new gold one in.)

kokolokokolokon

The pan’s core should be pure copper under the gold plate. There’s been a lot of lively discussion here about whether copper is a safe material, so as always, flip a coin and trust your feelings.

(The pans of the OG classics aren’t supposed to be user serviceable… I take it you have an Italian-made Vapuomo? If you can get the pan out, you might as well put a shiny new gold one in.)
I have a classic one from italia. Well i bought right now a new pan since, for what i know, copper is not safe, and the one i have is scratched af :rolleyes:

Radwin Bodnic

Easy to use and the pear wood gives a special smell to the hash
I have a classic one from italia.
Italians Vapman (still not totally sure about the plural form) were never made in pear wood. Yours look to be a very lightly figured olive wood.

Well i bought right now a new pan since, for what i know, copper is not safe, and the one i have is scratched af :rolleyes:
That was the right thing to do imho.
But if you have the time to, I suggest you to try to clean the old pan to see if it's really that bad. The black layer could be a lot of burned resin (but could be the zinc layer needed between copper and gold plating).

Did you bought the new midsection as well ?

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Is mouthpiece included in the Vapman 2.0 kit?

A stainless steel mouthpiece is included. Glass or WPA are sold seperately.

Here's what's inlcuded (from their page):

- vapman 2.0
- standard case (transparent)
- filling funnel
- cleaning brush
- concentrate screen

El Duderino,
Reactions: Tji89

kokolokokolokon

Italians Vapman (still not totally sure about the plural form) were never made in pear wood. Yours look to be a very lightly figured olive wood.
My bad, it has to be olive wood

That was the right thing to do imho.
But if you have the time to, I suggest you to try to clean the old pan to see if it's really that bad. The black layer could be a lot of burned resin (but could be the zinc layer needed between copper and gold plating).
I didn´t know there is a zinc layer between the gold and the copper. Anyways what you see in the image i shared is the pan cleaned with iso, qtips and hot water...so there is no black layer :uhoh: maybe the image is a little dark. I tried to do a deep cleaning without damage the pan

Did you bought the new midsection as well ?
Yes, i like the chance to clean the path well...but without moutpiece (i will adapt the revolve direct tube i think). I could get a medal to stupidity since it will be like a v2 without mouthpiece but more expensive :doh::doh:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
just aware of vapman 2.0.
Very interesting what they did on midsection but I can’t find the basic one, the one without mica layer. is it still an option for 2.0?

Andreaerdna,

vapman

Manufacturer
The supposedly lively discussions were basically just rumors or conjectures from people who were never able to provide any solid evidence after 20 years!
Copper oxide can't be inhaled because it simply doesn't exist in gaseous form. Copper is an essential element of the human body and most living creatures!
Copper is humanity's longest-used metal and is found in thousands of everyday items. The probability of absorbing copper oxide through using the vapman is zero! If 10,000 years of testing isn't enough, then what? How long have artificial materials used in vaporizers been on the market?

Nobody has to trust their feelings simply because copper is proven to be safe!

I wish everyone a lovely day,

René

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Copper is proven to be safe!
I don’t disagree (although materials safety discussions aren’t allowed in product threads), nor was I implying that you as the inventor didn’t do your due diligence.

When these debates do arise, they’re quite polarizing and do little to sway the opposite camp. Anecdotes, facts, and links to (often tangentially-related at best) research abound on both sides.

In the end, as consumers, we just have to pick a side and act accordingly. (But, in the OP’s case, he also had the option to simply replace the pan.)

Slide-Easy

For those of you who question the safety of copper, why not just forget about a Vapman and move on? Why continue your lively debate? Rene' told you all the truth. Plenty of plastic and aluminum vapes out there for you to enjoy.

Slide-Easy,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

kokolokokolokon

The supposedly lively discussions were basically just rumors or conjectures from people who were never able to provide any solid evidence after 20 years!
Copper oxide can't be inhaled because it simply doesn't exist in gaseous form. Copper is an essential element of the human body and most living creatures!
Copper is humanity's longest-used metal and is found in thousands of everyday items. The probability of absorbing copper oxide through using the vapman is zero! If 10,000 years of testing isn't enough, then what? How long have artificial materials used in vaporizers been on the market?
Hello Rene! Great vape for hash! And…are you saying i just bought a new pan…for nothing? :doh::lol::lol: I would have bought a new mouthpiece + helix! :lol:

kokolokokolokon,
  • Haha
Reactions: simba
Top Bottom