Vapman

Zagala

I bought mine here:

Looks like they only have the 18mm now.

Here’s another option:

I don’t know if they are shipping to other countries than Switzerland though.
Great! Thanks a lot. Will check.

coolbreeze

Sorry about the wrong location. Its in the Lotus thread here
https://i.postimg.cc/CxqcT8Tn/IMG-0582a.jpg
I first found a Lotus with a female WPA only, so I got the Wicked Sands bubbler to use with it. The Vaporscope I tracked down finally along with the male WPA. Be nice if the Vaporscope made a comeback, although I do like the Sherlock.
IMG-1430.jpg

T9R

Exciting times for everyone that have pre-ordered the 2.0 kit! I'll personally hold off for a little bit, but I'm looking forward to hearing about your first impressions. (And pictures are obviously mandatory. :))

For the ones who pulled the trigger, what new feature interests you the most?

For me, I worry just a little bit about whether or not the new air intake design (that went from three small holes spread out, to now having a straight adjustable "line" on one side) will potentially be a downgrade for those of us who tend to leave it fully open. But hopefully this won't be the case at all, as I'm sure it's very well thought out. Fingers crossed.

coolbreeze

Exciting times for everyone that have pre-ordered the 2.0 kit! I'll personally hold off for a little bit, but I'm looking forward to hearing about your first impressions. (And pictures are obviously mandatory. :))

For the ones who pulled the trigger, what new feature interests you the most?

For me, I worry just a little bit about whether or not the new air intake design (that went from three small holes spread out, to now having a straight adjustable "line" on one side) will potentially be a downgrade for those of us who tend to leave it fully open. But hopefully this won't be the case at all, as I'm sure it's very well thought out. Fingers crossed.
For me it's the clip-on filter. I've never removed mine to clean yet because I've had traumatic childhood experiences with stripped threads.

Electrofever

I just happened to finally decide to clean my VM. I have just finished taking of the screen. But I must say unscrewing the 2 small screws wasn’t easy at all, and I wondered ‘how am I going to screw those back’. Fingers crossed it will all go well.
But interesting to see the inside of the midsection. Pretty much chared were it contacts the metal filter. Not that much goo, the only I have seems to be on the outside. And the air intake isn’t that dirty, but a nice acetone clean will be a good option ! And hopping I can screw everything back up, but for now, metal parts are soaking in iso, and I got my magic eraser ready for the pan :) I wanted to try the mustard tech, but eraser was easier to find than mustard powder. I’ll try and take a few pics to see how it comes out !

And the ajustable airflow seems a good idea, speaking of the V2, if it is precise enough.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Does anyone know what wood the new 2.0 is? I purchased one but, I could not find where it says what wood it is...I could guess its Olive or Yew?

Dr. G,

Phytotherapy

I have a question. The pan of my Vapman has gotten very dirt very quickly, I suspect through the use of hash (not always with the sief at the beginning - but with sief, hash still leaves traces on the upper edge of the pan).
I several times applied the cleaning methods I encountered here, a "magical sponge" with iso after some heating, but the discolouring, and some sticky stuff, never fully disappeared, and increasing less so. That's why I stopped trying to clean the pan. I have the feeling that it does not impact flavour (a lot), but I still wonder how good/healthy this is and whether I did not do something wrong.
I now saw a replacement pan on their website, and this made me think whether i should once unscrew my pan and give it a bath in iso.
Has anyone here done so before?

Phytotherapy,

Bolano

@Phytotherapy, which version vapman do you have? I haven't tried with Italian versions but I've taken the pan off of the Swiss basic version a few times. It can be a bit tricky to put back in but it's possible. It can't be taken out with the Mica protection though.

I know you said you've already tried using the magic sponge but I would give that another go. I used my first vapman exclusively for hash before the sieves became available. The pan constantly required cleaning and magic sponges always worked the best.

Phytotherapy

@Phytotherapy, which version vapman do you have? I haven't tried with Italian versions but I've taken the pan off of the Swiss basic version a few times. It can be a bit tricky to put back in but it's possible. It can't be taken out with the Mica protection though.

I know you said you've already tried using the magic sponge but I would give that another go. I used my first vapman exclusively for hash before the sieves became available. The pan constantly required cleaning and magic sponges always worked the best.
Thanks for the advice! I have the Italian Olive wood Vapman wit Myca - so I guess then screwing it off wont work...
My main concern with the magic sponge method was that the Myca started flaking off (I assume because I spilled some Iso).
I also never managed to get it fully clean and shiny again, even after a 30 min cleaning session...

Phytotherapy,
Top Bottom