Vapman

Texus

Hey Vapteam,

If you want to get one step more medicated.... what is your torch powered portable device of choice?
Just one step? Dynavap

4 or 5 steps more medicated? Anvil.

Butane Vapes with air intakes you point the torch flame are different beasts. I'd put them between Dynavap and Anvil generally. They may hit harder because they can hold more flower, as opposed to hitting harder due to better extraction, which is how I'd characterize the Dynavap or Anvil. So not as efficient a use of flower if that is a concern. But some great options like the Sticky Brick Junior or the great new OWW Micro v4 out there. As well as ones like OWW Noisy Cricket or BSS (written in Korean letters on web page) that work with your own glass pieces.

EDIT: And @coolbreeze brings up another nice option of yet another great design. Affordable too! But note that IME these need a much more powerful torch than you'd use with Vapman. (Anvil benefits from a bit more powerful torch but not the sort of heat cannon that these designs work best with. A Dynavap or butane air intake design would work well with your Vapman torch).

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Affordable too! But note that IME these need a much more powerful torch than you'd use with Vapman. (Anvil benefits from a bit more powerful torch but not the sort of heat cannon that these designs work best with. A Dynavap or butane air intake design would work well with your Vapman torch).
Very good point: the big torches make these less 'portable' as well. I would look at one of the Brick-style vapes, tbh, because they will really be the best compliment (one convection, the other conduction) to the VM, imho, and there are some really solid portables/handhelds available.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Vap/Dyna/Brick seems like a solid butane range, all can be run with the Vapman torch. If you wanted to really step it up but stay butane I would say grab a torch powered Elev8r. It takes a bit of technique to get it down, but when you do it can absolutely hit as hard as any desktop.

Jess

Anyone with a scale able to tell us how much those little glass viles hold?

I just ground some very fresh CBD and flower. I say that because it was very fluffy. I used a medium plate on my Flower Mill. I filled it and tapped the vile on my desk to make room, twice. Putting the cork on pushed the rest down into the vile. It was hard to get it out and had to fish it out, It got approximately .17g. You can fit more in if you stuff it. I would say even more if it was ground finer or drier. I

yogie

That's awesome. Thanks. It's like 2.5 bowls. I wish they sold them as an accessory because I like that you can fit a couple in the vap bag for a night out.

yogie,
Reactions: Jess

vapebud

Don't follow me, I'm lost too..
I am curious to know if anyone has any unique combinations they use with vapman?
Honestly I think the vapman is perfect as it is.. but I am interested if anyone has matched it with any other stems or other configurations to produce an even better experience?

vapebud,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I am curious to know if anyone has any unique combinations they use with vapman?
Honestly I think the vapman is perfect as it is.. but I am interested if anyone has matched it with any other stems or other configurations to produce an even better experience?
As you said the vapman MPs are really great. But I do love it on a j-hook:
Wow. Well I hope I didn't oversell it lol.

Here is my olive vapman and WPA on the hook:
wpa.jpg

Edited to add: whoa, that is way blurrier than I thought it was. Maybe it is an artifact of the compression, or I just picked the wrong shot. oh well. :-)

Last edited:

coolbreeze

As you said the vapman MPs are really great. But I do love it on a j-hook:

Or a small rig:
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapman.94/page-396#post-1680912

Or a big one:
IMG-3345.jpg

Last edited:

vaping herbs

Hello dear community,
I'm sure my question has been asked and answered many times before. Please do not punish me.
I met a friend from my childhood unexpectedly, it turned out that he is also a friend of hemp. And so we have arranged to the evening to steam together comfortably.
I took my vapman and dynavap + fmj, when he saw what material the fmj is made of, he surprisingly crossed both arms and started to tell me about copper oxide and its toxic effects.
I haven't really read up on copper oxide yet.
Don't you guys have any concerns about the toxic copper oxide?

vaping herbs,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I refer not only to the fmj, but also to the vapman. The pan is also copper and is heated.
Sorry if my question does not fit here.

Thanks for the link to reddit!
Copper has been discussed here and on the Anvil thread a few times. However this directly violates the forum rules:
If you have a question or comment regarding material safety, post it in General Discussion. Do not post it in a model thread.
If you search but can't find the appropriate Ask FC threads, go ahead and start a new one.

darkstar72

Plus people cook with copper pots and pans. I don't think your friend is correct in worrying about copper in the vapman. The Anvil has copper as well and I don't think anyone minds.

darkstar72,
Reactions: OF

GoldenBud

if the vapman plate is covered by gold, it's safe. and gold doesn't react with oxygen no matter what, its "d" orbital is full. there was a case in the past which the cover teared off or something in the vapman? i don't think so?

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Ripstar

Squidge

Butane powered
if the vapman plate is covered by gold, it's safe. and gold doesn't react with oxygen no matter what, its "d" orbital is full. there was a case in the past which the cover teared off or something in the vapman? i don't think so?
There was an instance where someone was too vigorous when cleaning the bowl and took off the gold plating. You also have to be careful if using metal picks, etc.

Top Bottom