Vapman

StellarLarve

Because I am quite fond of my vapman, I follow this thread and that was literally my reaction «Wow cool, the new station is out! Shame that it has a logo though…» 🤷‍♂️

Sorry for the bad vibe, I am a bit grumpy today.

Like you said, the integration is totally decent and somewhat discreet, and this rant would be more appropriate in other threads or directed towards other brands. I still do think they could have put the logo on the back, or the underside. I understand the logic, but imho, it is an iconic über niche product in a niche market, absolutely no need for any visible branding at all. It has absolutely zero added value for the customer, it is just for the instagram photos…

I may open a dedicated thread to vent about branding and obnoxious logos on grinders and bongs. :D

186°

Because I am quite fond of my vapman, I follow this thread and that was literally my reaction «Wow cool, the new station is out! Shame that it has a logo though…» 🤷‍♂️

Sorry for the bad vibe, I am a bit grumpy today.

Like you said, the integration is totally decent and somewhat discreet, and this rant would be more appropriate in other threads or directed towards other brands. I still do think they could have put the logo on the back, or the underside. I understand the logic, but imho, it is an iconic über niche product in a niche market, absolutely no need for any visible branding at all. It has absolutely zero added value for the customer, it is just for the instagram photos…

I may open a dedicated thread to vent about branding and obnoxious logos on grinders and bongs. :D
No worries, I actually think we are totally on the same side :D
It's like both of our mood pendulums swang (swinged? oh, it's swung!) out a little bit more than we wanted to.
I get your point now, too. I would prefer the logo to be a little bit smaller, as well. Same size as the wheel maybe? But having no branding at all could have disadvantages: Some day someone will inherit my Vapman collection. Without a name on it, they might would throw the station away because they would have no idea what it is and that it belongs to the Vapman.
Maybe we can agree on this idea: a branding somewhere inside the heating station, only visible when looking inside from above. Maybe even more explainatory by stating: "heating station". And the Vapman-Logo very small on the wheel so that it also indicates the mark. And if Michael&David feel the urge to put their new INHALE-Logo on it, they maybe could put it under it, like you said. Plenty of options for nice wood engravings down there, too.

Edit: thinking about a T-Shirt slogan now: "Put your logo where the sun doesn't shine". You may include that in your rant about other logos :)

Last edited:

Serfer76

I think i understand why Vapman 2.0 doesn't have a logo. This is no longer the Vapman i liked. It should now be called Inhaleman (bad product, stupid name). I really regret that i bought it together with the station. I spent a lot of money on it, hoping it would work better with the new station, but it doesn't work at all. It produces almost no vapor at all until I turn the knob to 9 and close the air vent completely. But when i close the air hole, the metal mouthpiece gets hot after two hits. Therefore, i don't see any reason to ever use it, even with a lighter, because the mouthpiece will definitely get even hotter. To be clear, my old pear Vapman works fine with the station, vapor production is from setting 6, I set it to maximum 8 and there are large clouds. I'm a little sad and very disappointed. I will probably want to sell Vapman 2.0 quickly, even at a big loss of money, because i don't even want to look at it and i want to completely forget that i bought it. I'm sorry for the complaining post, but i feel strange about this whole purchase since Friday and i don't even want to mention that the packaging was outrageous, considering that the goods for 550 euros were loosely wrapped in a crumpled piece of cardboard, it looked like it was packed by a five-year-old child (I think they wrote something about hiring people to do the work) and even Vapman himself was dismantled into pieces and all the parts were poured separately into the wrapper. Big shame. Unfortunately, as i said at the beginning, for me the 2.0 model is no longer Vapman, it is just an Italian vaporizer under a Swiss license, but it is worse than the original. Again, sorry for the bad vibes in my post, but i had to get it off my chest.

coolbreeze

I think i understand why Vapman 2.0 doesn't have a logo. This is no longer the Vapman i liked. It should now be called Inhaleman (bad product, stupid name). I really regret that i bought it together with the station. I spent a lot of money on it, hoping it would work better with the new station, but it doesn't work at all. It produces almost no vapor at all until I turn the knob to 9 and close the air vent completely. But when i close the air hole, the metal mouthpiece gets hot after two hits. Therefore, i don't see any reason to ever use it, even with a lighter, because the mouthpiece will definitely get even hotter. To be clear, my old pear Vapman works fine with the station, vapor production is from setting 6, I set it to maximum 8 and there are large clouds. I'm a little sad and very disappointed. I will probably want to sell Vapman 2.0 quickly, even at a big loss of money, because i don't even want to look at it and i want to completely forget that i bought it. I'm sorry for the complaining post, but i feel strange about this whole purchase since Friday and i don't even want to mention that the packaging was outrageous, considering that the goods for 550 euros were loosely wrapped in a crumpled piece of cardboard, it looked like it was packed by a five-year-old child (I think they wrote something about hiring people to do the work) and even Vapman himself was dismantled into pieces and all the parts were poured separately into the wrapper. Big shame. Unfortunately, as i said at the beginning, for me the 2.0 model is no longer Vapman, it is just an Italian vaporizer under a Swiss license, but it is worse than the original. Again, sorry for the bad vibes in my post, but i had to get it off my chest.
I'd be happy to troubleshoot with you if you want to PM me. I have only the V2 midsection/MP but I don't think the heartpieces have changed. My experience has been quite different from yours.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Wow...you are having a terrible experience. I am sorry for that. My Station works perfect. I received it a couple of hours ago and I love it. The only thing about the Station that is not beautiful is the electric cord it comes with. It is cumbersome and seems too large for such a small unit. My unit has no flaws like it states it could have...

I did notice the packaging was a bit off. It did not seems like it was protected for such an expensive piece. I think that Vapman should be aware that it is not the best packaging...the Station needs a box to come in to protect it...or a large EGG...but, yes...I totally agree that the package needs to improve and it will...I am sure of it.

Michael, David and Rene...all is said with love and respect. I have 15 Vapman's they all work amazing and when I have get together's it is the best! Everyone gets their own all night long. I love my Vapman 2.0...and cannot wait for other woods. Cheers everyone.

coolbreeze

a large EGG
haha! Genius! It'll be like the Hot Wheels case. The station in the middle surrounded by little eggs along the edges! And a basket to carry it in! ; )

images
meets
il_794xN.5812529614_n0l0.jpg
il_794xN.5812528748_8h4m.jpg

Edit:
w00t! Shiny green station! Not visually perfect but very cool looking nonetheless. Let's see how it roasts...
IMG-7214.jpg

And it's not Gumby green, fwiw. Still pretty Zen, though.

Last edited:

sansei

I'm not here for a long time, but for a good time
Had a chance to play with the station all yesterday and tonight.

I found 4.5 to be a good temp for me with flower. First draw is all terp and still very terpy on the second draw. Third draw is lightly toasted but still a bit terpy depending on what strain. Fourth draw gets progressively toasty and I can usually go out to five to six.

The auto shut off has been a bit getting used to and I usually end up having to power it back up during a session because I have an attention span of, well, someone who has never been really good at paying attention.

Interestingly, it seems as if bowl temp is impacted by the denser woods. I found a basic pear seems to run a bit hotter than grendill (which is the densest vapman I have) and olive wood falls between the two. I'm sure there is science to either explain this or tell me it's all in my head!

Last edited:

RxPlorer

haha! Genius! It'll be like the Hot Wheels case. The station in the middle surrounded by little eggs along the edges! And a basket to carry it in! ; )

images
meets

Edit:
w00t! Shiny green station! Not visually perfect but very cool looking nonetheless. Let's see how it roasts...
IMG-7214.jpg

How did it roast? Got to admit, that other post has me pretty nervous about the performance of v2. I’m really hoping to hear more positive reinforcement!

RxPlorer,

coolbreeze

How did it roast? Got to admit, that other post has me pretty nervous about the performance of v2. I’m really hoping to hear more positive reinforcement!
It roasts just fine! It seems like some of my Vapmans seat better/easier than others and with one in particular (pure V2) I sort of need to verify the contact. @Serfer76 maybe this is what's happening with yours? Hangs part way or sits uneven, leaving it with poor contact? I just tap or turn it lightly to see that the contact's good. When contact's normal it rocks. Takes a couple hits to build heat then you're off!

Serfer76

Sorry for the not very optimistic post for those who are planning to buy a new Italian vaporizer. Maybe i have some kind of Paris syndrome because i waited so long for the station and i expected too much from the new Vapman. Unfortunately, today is another day and I have the same feelings as yesterday when I wrote. Thank you all for your words to help make things better. Maybe i'll try to work a bit more with 2.0, but it won't change one important thing. The air hole is made in such a way that my favorite 3d glass mouthpiece completely blocks the air flow, and the new metal one does not suit me at all. By the way, the cooling coil in the new mouthpiece also makes things worse, in my opinion, because it adds even more metal to the metal mouthpiece and, unfortunately, it heats up quickly. Maybe i'm wrong, if so, someone smarter will probably explain it to me. However, the original glass mouthpiece goes too shallow into the middle part and the entire air hole is open, and here again I feel that too much air enters, compared to the Swiss pear. Maybe I should cover it up with something. For now, I'm still considering whether to sell it.

coolbreeze

Sorry for the not very optimistic post for those who are planning to buy a new Italian vaporizer. Maybe i have some kind of Paris syndrome because i waited so long for the station and i expected too much from the new Vapman. Unfortunately, today is another day and I have the same feelings as yesterday when I wrote. Thank you all for your words to help make things better. Maybe i'll try to work a bit more with 2.0, but it won't change one important thing. The air hole is made in such a way that my favorite 3d glass mouthpiece completely blocks the air flow, and the new metal one does not suit me at all. By the way, the cooling coil in the new mouthpiece also makes things worse, in my opinion, because it adds even more metal to the metal mouthpiece and, unfortunately, it heats up quickly. Maybe i'm wrong, if so, someone smarter will probably explain it to me. However, the original glass mouthpiece goes too shallow into the middle part and the entire air hole is open, and here again I feel that too much air enters, compared to the Swiss pear. Maybe I should cover it up with something. For now, I'm still considering whether to sell it.
I think you have valid criticisms about backwards compatibility with your gear for sure, and also your comment on the heat. My initial reaction is the V2 is fun to have as a more aggressive option in terms of performance but I'm not sure I prefer it, and it's different enough that the other upgrades are secondary in comparison. The heat is a fundamental change few would look for, but it also means more heat in the bowl so you can get bigger hits at the same temps. I think some will prefer it and the maintenance upgrades, to be honest. But I think others will feel like something's been lost. Unless you have a V1 Italian midsection to switch out.

im not a robot

I think you have valid criticisms about backwards compatibility with your gear for sure, and also your comment on the heat. My initial reaction is the V2 is fun to have as a more aggressive option in terms of performance but I'm not sure I prefer it, and it's different enough that the other upgrades are secondary in comparison. The heat is a fundamental change few would look for, but it also means more heat in the bowl so you can get bigger hits at the same temps. I think some will prefer it and the maintenance upgrades, to be honest. But I think others will feel like something's been lost. Unless you have a V1 Italian midsection to switch out.
oh. this is really interesting and a bit disheartening to read. vapman 2.0 was on my wishlist for sure, but that has just changed i think. i am pretty sure i dont need or want a more aggressive option - i like the vapman for its light approach. there is no plan to continue producing the original design i suppose?

im not a robot,

coolbreeze

oh. this is really interesting and a bit disheartening to read. vapman 2.0 was on my wishlist for sure, but that has just changed i think. i am pretty sure i dont need or want a more aggressive option - i like the vapman for its light approach. there is no plan to continue producing the original design i suppose?
Not that I'm aware of. I'm gonna try it without the intercooler and see how that affects things. I don't find the use unpleasant but like you I prefer a lighter approach on the whole. I also have only run it at about 2.7 on the black station where the difference is obvious. I'll try different temps and the torch too to see if the heat really is something easily managed.

T9R

No need to apologize @Serfer76. There should be room for both positive and negative feedback on here.

FWIW, I've also had some initial worries about the new air intake design. And especially if you've preferred to keep the holes fully open, it unfortunately seems to be a bit of a downgrade.

But regardless, I think it would have been a reasonable approach to have both versions (Italian V1 and V2) available, at least for a while, as these are the biggest changes that have happened to a 20 year old, almost untouched design. Some will probably prefer the new features, while some (especially among the group of oldtimers) obviously won't.

Don't get me wrong though, I love the fact that they are pushing the VM forward, compared to just keeping it alive. But to me, the transition definitely could have been smoother and felt more "step by step". After all, having stood the test of time without needing to make any significant changes has been one of the main selling points of the VM.

However, I'm sure the guys are listening. And their enthusiasm, which probably is the driving force behind all of this, will 100% be a good thing for everyone in the long run!

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident
Greetings, I love my V2 and all of my V1 models...I do not see it as a step backwards at all. I see it as different and exciting. I have collected many and used them all...every one of them is different and I welcome change. I think it's awesome how Michael and David are moving Vapman along...

images
meets

Edit:
IMG-7214.jpg

I wanted to ask...in that first photo, that was the packaging of the first station???? Wow, now that was nice. I am not fond of the packaging of the current one. They need to fix that immediately...the unit has no protection in the brown bag.

coolbreeze

Greetings, I love my V2 and all of my V1 models...I do not see it as a step backwards at all. I see it as different and exciting. I have collected many and used them all...every one of them is different and I welcome change. I think it's awesome how Michael and David are moving Vapman along...
I agree, different and exciting. And I welcome change, too. I'm going to give the V2 a lot more use and I bet what will happen is I'll adjust and never look back. I have a variety of Dynavaps that do different things, bricks, even injectors, too. Why not Vapmans? I will try it with the glass WPA and put the power to use.
I wanted to ask...in that first photo, that was the packaging of the first station???? Wow, now that was nice. I am not fond of the packaging of the current one. They need to fix that immediately...the unit has no protection in the brown bag.
I think that was the packaging. I liked how it was the whole set. Now it needs a Lotus, too!

Last edited:

Serfer76

I have had the Swiss walnut Vapman for over two years, which i have never used because i like it very much (although Blackwood is nicer) and it is a bit of a collector's item for me, so maybe i won't sell this 2.0 and i will just have it for the collection . I tried it today with the 3D mouthpiece, it's different, but maybe i'll get used to it. In my country, people prefer plastic electric vaporizers, so it might be difficult to sell Vapman at a fair price.

I don't want to bring only bad news here, but i think there's something wrong with my station. Have any of you experienced a blue flashing LED? I had it for the second time today, and I'm sure i haven't used the station as many times over the past few days as some people here. Flashing green and blue when Vapman is not on it. I don't know what this means, so i quickly turn it off and when i turn it back on it's fine. I think it happens when i lift the device off the table and tilt it to see clearly how i adjust the knob and put it back on the table, pretty much like Sneaky Pete did several times in his video. Sounds weird, but this was actually the second time i had it, and maybe there is a different reason than lifting from the table, i don't know. I'm afraid to keep it like this for a long time, so i quickly turn it off, but next time i'll have my phone nearby and will try to record it. What do you think about it?

coolbreeze

What do you think about it?
That I can't replicate. I've picked mine up and turned it over and around, flipped the switch on and off, and the light remains gold. I would check with Vapman on that one; the blinking blue light in other vapes often means there's a battery or connection issue, maybe your connection's fritzing?

coolbreeze,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

Serfer76

Of course i will contact the boys from Italy, but first i want to have video proof. I don't understand how the connection can be faulty, the plug fits well in the socket. It's weird that it's flashing blue and green, but i don't want to try to trigger it on purpose. If it happens again, i will record it and write about it here and to the producers.

coolbreeze

Experiments continue: Vappleman2, glass WPA, warmer setting. Cheers!
IMG-7223.jpg

First run results: it was more productive than usual (but the Apple heartpiece tends to heat a little more aggressively than some). The temp was low enough that the flavor hung on for a few hits; AVB turned out pretty even and pretty dark, between dry and wet coffee grounds. Not conclusive, of course, due to different heartpieces and reduced metal in the airway with the intercooler and MP replaced with glass. Not to mention an new and unfamiliar station. One takeaway of Round One is that the combined factors do seem to increase productivity per hit as measured by visibility of exhaled vapor. So far the station is really doing its job well and my Frankenvapman is a delight.

Bolano

Experiments continue: Vappleman2, glass WPA, warmer setting. Cheers!
IMG-7223.jpg

First run results: it was more productive than usual (but the Apple heartpiece tends to heat a little more aggressively than some). The temp was low enough that the flavor hung on for a few hits; AVB turned out pretty even and pretty dark, between dry and wet coffee grounds. Not conclusive, of course, due to different heartpieces and reduced metal in the airway with the intercooler and MP replaced with glass. Not to mention an new and unfamiliar station. One takeaway of Round One is that the combined factors do seem to increase productivity per hit as measured by visibility of exhaled vapor. So far the station is really doing its job well and my Frankenvapman is a delight.
Lovely photo. That comment about the Apple wood struck a chord. Its always been the version I've struggled with. I love it but it's very temperamental :)

coolbreeze

Lovely photo. That comment about the Apple wood struck a chord. Its always been the version I've struggled with. I love it but it's very temperamental :)
I’m so glad I managed to score an applewood. It’s got an interesting flavor and it wins the VM reach test almost every time.
I love this apple Vapman! I was fortunate to have gotten it from one of our friends here. It reminds me of home; lots of apples back there. It does get a little hot-tempered every once in awhile! But it's reliably great, the taste, nice roast and airflow.

bellona0544

The new 2.0 looks wonderful! This is definitely going on my wish list. It already was, but it has moved up a few spots. What is everyone's favorite wood type?

bellona0544,
Reactions: RxPlorer
Top Bottom