Vapman

sansei

I'm not here for a long time, but for a good time
I have had the Swiss walnut Vapman for over two years, which i have never used because i like it very much (although Blackwood is nicer) and it is a bit of a collector's item for me, so maybe i won't sell this 2.0 and i will just have it for the collection . I tried it today with the 3D mouthpiece, it's different, but maybe i'll get used to it. In my country, people prefer plastic electric vaporizers, so it might be difficult to sell Vapman at a fair price.

I don't want to bring only bad news here, but i think there's something wrong with my station. Have any of you experienced a blue flashing LED? I had it for the second time today, and I'm sure i haven't used the station as many times over the past few days as some people here. Flashing green and blue when Vapman is not on it. I don't know what this means, so i quickly turn it off and when i turn it back on it's fine. I think it happens when i lift the device off the table and tilt it to see clearly how i adjust the knob and put it back on the table, pretty much like Sneaky Pete did several times in his video. Sounds weird, but this was actually the second time i had it, and maybe there is a different reason than lifting from the table, i don't know. I'm afraid to keep it like this for a long time, so i quickly turn it off, but next time i'll have my phone nearby and will try to record it. What do you think about it?
Hi! I used all day Sunday, last night and tonight with no blue light. I did have two instances where I did not plug the power adaptor into the station fully, although it felt like I pushed it in all the way, I did not. I just made a mental note that it really needs to be flush.
Also, appreciate your insight on V2 and in retrospect, will two of our favorite gentlemen reintroduce V1 into the line up. From a sales channel perspective based on their current business model, if manufacturing costs are palatable, it makes sense to diversify their offerings.

coolbreeze

The new 2.0 looks wonderful! This is definitely going on my wish list. It already was, but it has moved up a few spots. What is everyone's favorite wood type?
Man, that's a tough one. The Apples are subtle and warm, the Kotibes rich with golden highlights, and the Olives have the stunning grains. The V2s are only available in Olive so far but the V2 midsection and mouthpiece holds most of the changes and it can fit any Italian Vapman. It'll work on the Apples, the Olives, and the Kotibes. I'm kinda hoping there's another new wood to celebrate the V2, that would be so cool!

Zak McKracken

Well I am unlucky to receive a heating station that doesnt work...

The on/of switch seemed broken since I opened the box.

Indeed,it's broken but can still turn on the station,but contact is bad and can easily turn off.

However,this is not the worst ! I managed to heat just at level 2 or 3...Then when I move the knob,the light stays yellow forever...I m not sure if it doesn't heat up to the temperature,or the temp sensor is faulty...Point is the thing is unusable.-Edit - I managed to try it at higher temp but I cant seem to get enough heat.

I was already a bit annoyed having paid full price for presale of vapman 2.0 and seeing now that it has 50 euro discount 1 month later or so...

But this with the station is so disappointing.I tried hard to convince myself to buy this thing beside its really high price...Now I expect their answer to my email...Still,returning it and waiting for new one is so annoying,I have definitely regretted buying it.Also feeling totally stupid that there was a discount code I never saw!Dammit!

Edit-I managed to sample it a bit while holding the power button with my hand.Even at 9 I feel it is very weak in heating,how do others find the temps?I am not sure if I want to get another one or ask for refund if it doesnt heat up enough,I am more of a high temp user.

This was the last time it turned on though...The on/off switch is dead.I think it should have been packed a bit better maybe since they are using this type of switch ,it's easy to break if things are not super tight in the box.

Last edited:

Seinen

Well I am unlucky to receive a heating station that doesnt work...

The on/of switch seemed broken since I opened the box.

Indeed,it's broken but can still turn on the station,but contact is bad and can easily turn off.

However,this is not the worst ! I managed to heat just at level 2 or 3...Then when I move the knob,the light stays yellow forever...I m not sure if it doesn't heat up to the temperature,or the temp sensor is faulty...Point is the thing is unusable.-Edit - I managed to try it at higher temp but I cant seem to get enough heat.

I was already a bit annoyed having paid full price for presale of vapman 2.0 and seeing now that it has 50 euro discount 1 month later or so...

But this with the station is so disappointing.I tried hard to convince myself to buy this thing beside its really high price...Now I expect their answer to my email...Still,returning it and waiting for new one is so annoying,I have definitely regretted buying it.Also feeling totally stupid that there was a discount code I never saw!Dammit!

Edit-I managed to sample it a bit while holding the power button with my hand.Even at 9 I feel it is very weak in heating,how do others find the temps?I am not sure if I want to get another one or ask for refund if it doesnt heat up enough,I am more of a high temp user.

This was the last time it turned on though...The on/off switch is dead.I think it should have been packed a bit better maybe since they are using this type of switch ,it's easy to break if things are not super tight in the box.
Pretty much same experience concerning heating, it feels weak even on a 9. I can vape hash but I need to let it sit in the Station while it's green for 4-5 seconds.

coolbreeze

Pretty much same experience concerning heating, it feels weak even on a 9. I can vape hash but I need to let it sit in the Station while it's green for 4-5 seconds.
I think mine feels pretty similar to the black one at a corresponding place on the dial. But it's like torching it in that you have to build the heat over a few hits. It's not instantaneous and won't be as effective until heat builds, nor with hits spaced enough to cool significantly. It's most effective sitting down at it and working through a bowl.

I'll have to try some hash with it but on the black one it's usually pretty good starting at about 6 on the current dial (4.5 on the older) and going up to 7 or 8 for the last few hits. I'm using sticky black bubble hash mostly. With flower I set it around the current 4 and just bake through the bowl for deep medium to darkish avb. It's still a slow ritual, but much better regulated.

ezpz

Same here. I thought the station wasn’t powerful enough even at 9. Now I let the VM sit at green for five seconds before hitting it. Dropped the temp to 7 now. About 4 heat-ups till avb is dark roast. When I used to hit it right when the light turns green, it would take me about 10 heat-ups for a light roast at 7.

I also thought I bricked my station for a bit. Wasn’t till I checked the housing on the plug that I realized what happened. The housing looked loose. While trying to open it, it snapped together, and now works great.

Dr. G

Old Resident
The packaging needs to be fixed. They are going to have lots of damaged Stations just because of the flimsy packaging. This unit is way too expensive to ship in a brown bag. I am your biggest fan Vapman...you know that. I am saying this with love and not hating...please fix this. Create an egg for it...something. I truly do not mind paying an extra ten bucks to get a box...a wooden box. Anyway, my Station is perfect but, I am reading lots of threads with possible damage to the structure because of shipping. Mine came with FED EX...and they throw everything around. I can imagine what the Station went through before it arrived at my door.

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hello folks,

a lot going on here which we are really glad to see!
First of all, what Serfer76 described should of course not happen. And I'm really sorry from the bottom of my heart that you had to go through this. Next time, please write us an email directly or via the chat on the website. We want you all to be happy with the station and the new V2!
So please contact us and we will find a solution that makes you happy!
The green and blue flashing is an additional safety check that we have installed due to the burnt out stations of the old series. this signals that the temperature is in an unusually high range. This can happen from time to time, but should not happen every day, so please write to us if that happens regulary. Then simply switch off the station and wait a few seconds, then switch it on again.
If the station does not heat up enough, please check carefully whether the vapman really sits well on the docking part, this is mostly the cause of the issue.
regarding the criticism of the v2, we take it very seriously and are always grateful for your opinions.
the new cut-out on the centerpiece now allows a much wider and more precise adjustment range of the fresh air supply through the cut-out on the new mouthpiece.
If the mouthpiece gets too hot, the flame is too big or the heating technology too aggressive. but we also have a solution ready in a few months with wooden mouthpieces.
as always please contact us directly if you have any problems with our devices, we really want all customers to be satisfied and we will take care of it.
Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we will be happy to give you tips :)

PS: we will now be doing more regular livestreams, 420sale is coming soon and maybe a new vapman wood will see the light of day ;)

All the best
David and Michael

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
I've been finding the best results on my particular station at about 7-8.5 on the dial. The first hit is weaker, but the vapor production builds with each subsequent hit until it's fully roasted.

I can't imagine using the station at a lower level than 6. Even at 6, vapor production is pretty light, but I can see it being desirable for flavor chasers. I'm surprised to see some people reporting using it at a level 4, I feel like my unit wouldn't even produce any vapor set to that temp.

I would like to see the Station have its range adjusted a bit. To be at an 8 out of 9 to get what I would consider to be fairly normal vapor production seems a bit off, but maybe my taste/preference is different from the guys at Vapman HQ.

Overall though, I am still really enjoying the station. I agree with those who say the packaging should be upgraded. It felt a bit weird to have such an expensive unit arrive only wrapped in off-the-shelf padded mailers, stuffed into a box.

I also sincerely hope that the Station is not put at a deeper discount for the 4/20 sale. I was okay with the price increase given that we were offered the $50 off coupon for early buyers. But it would be an unpleasant slap in the face if less than a month after delivery, the station received a deeper discount than what pre-sale buyers were offered.

Zak McKracken

I also sincerely hope that the Station is not put at a deeper discount for the 4/20 sale. I was okay with the price increase given that we were offered the $50 off coupon for early buyers. But it would be an unpleasant slap in the face if less than a month after delivery, the station received a deeper discount than what pre-sale buyers were offered.
I have had pre ordered both vapman 2.0 and heating station with no discount on anything...And received the heating station in non working state.I am already bashing my head,a bigger discount would be a kick in the nuts lol

T9R

Is this thing 100% Conduction? Also is it for flower also?
Just to add to what @Electrofever wrote above, in case you're contemplating getting one: this vape is definitely more of a sipper. And IMO you get the most out of it by not focusing too much on the vapor production.

If you're a flavor chaser - great option, one of the best. But if you're more of a cloud chaser - maybe not so much.

If you want something more in the middle, you might want to consider the Lotus if you haven't already.

Should also mention that Vapman is one of the most effective microdosing options out there. It's crazy how far a small amount gets you!

Last edited:

Electrofever

I totally agree with you @T9R ! I was thinking the same thing just after having had an intensive Station test, especially the part about micro dosing (i was writing while you answered, @ezpz) I was really amazed (and still am) by how few material can end up being so effective :sherlock:
And I agree with @coolbreeze regarding the heat building between each heating session and puff, you have to go through the whole ritual without being distracted:mental:
Concerning the Station, I tried different heating settings and ended up thinking that this was like an electric hot plate, the temp you indicate on the Station is the final temp it will go to, but doesn’t mean the metallic part and what is in it is at final temperature. I mean, if you dial it on 4, it will take, for exemple, 4 heating cycle for the inside to be at the fixed temperature. But if you dial it in at 9, after 4 heating cycles, the heart of the material wont yet be at the final temp of the setting. So I think it really ends up with what speed you want to go through the heating process, dial 9 and quickly end up at that temp, or dial 4, wait a few puffs / heat cycle, dial 5, and again a few puffs, etc until 9… which makes for a much longer session. With usual hash, I find that the taste tends to quickly become less good, but with a long session, with the VM and the Station, I nearly got to enjoy that ‘earthy’ taste !

Edit : hope all that is clear, I told you my test was intensive and the result pretty efficient :tup:

sansei

It's interesting to see the temp range each of us use based on our respective preferences. Using my previously posted 'ritual' with the station, I have been able to keep it right around that 4.5 range, and adjust the airflow while inhaling to create visible vapor.
100% agree with @coolbreeze that the heat needs to build up. I'm a flavor chaser, but also love a good cloud. The combination of lower end of temp range and using the air holes works great for me!

Dr. G

Old Resident
Dear Michael and David, I have no problems with my STATION...it is wonderful. The V2 is also wonderful for me...I am having a problem with how the Station is being shipped. I received my very expensive unit in a brown bag not protected by anything. I think this is wrong. This is my opinion, and you came on to address other problems that are indeed important but, said nothing about how to improve this eye sore of a delivery. I do not want you to think I am hating on anything. I love Vapman...please improve the shipping. You use to send things in a really nice wooden box. Why not the station? Charge for the container...you will be surprised how many people are going to want a box for it. Thank you for listening and I will stop talking about it. Thanks.

PS Does anyone else think I am right? Or maybe I am being too much. My first impression was very negative. I was happy to receive it undamaged.

sansei

PS Does anyone else think I am right? Or maybe I am being too much. My first impression was very negative. I was happy to receive it undamaged.
Your perception is reality! ☺️
I was surprised at what I would personally believe was a lack of protective packaging, but my unit was not physically damaged and is currently working to my expectations.
I would like to think that there was a cost benefit analysis in regards to product durability and dunnage to ensure product arrived undamaged in the most cost effective manner. I just doesn’t make sense that such a boutique company would risk the loss associated with packaging.
Its human nature to have expectations based on our experiences! So yes packaging did indeed catch me off guard also but giving the guys the benefit of the doubt. What seemed inadequate to me, may be perfectly acceptable to transport this product. Less can sometimes be more!

fangorn

@Dr. G
surrounding the "ps"...
you own 15 Vapman... who would dare say that you are exaggerating?!

you're passionate, so maybe "you're doing too much" to use your expression... (I'm not saying that's the case) but at the same time, it's a rather legitimate request/advice!
The type of packaging that our friend @coolbreeze posted was much more suited to the value and fragility of the content.

I don't think it shocked me when I unboxed the unit. Perhaps I forgot for one reason or another... now that I read the discussion on this subject I seem to remember a bubble envelope, in a not too ill-fitting cardboard box. I think that if there was a significant risk I would have remembered it... but I might be wrong...

I was going to go into details, but I think these are commercial strategy choices... conscious or not...

but with the different takeovers, website launches, product launches... I think the packaging has been neglected... especially since we are talking about an item of which they have planned 200 units in a first time.

I would like the live streams to be stored on a platform where we could see them later... I'm thinking of YouTube because I don't know much about it and it seems simple to me... I imagine that there are elements mentioned that could help us understand!

and to return to the subject of the operation of the station...
I need a lot of time with it to get a clear idea...
is the temperature really adjusted or is it the heating time that changes?
When you change the temperature, how long does it take to reach the desired temperature? I noticed that the red light comes on after a change, when we modify... this means that between the moment when we modify the temperature, the moment when the indicator changes to yellow, and the moment when it changes to green the temperature is not adjusted directly, or....? Anyway, I would like some details...

yesterday I used it with an olive custom. with a lighter it heats more slowly than the others and there are residues/oil on the wood of the central part. well yesterday, while playing with the temperature, I had little steam. there was no oil on the central part. and in the end, my weed was cooked evenly and satisfactorily...

This is why I think I will need a lot of time to get to grips with the station and manage the settings and my preferences according to each model!

Besides, all this whetted my appetite!!!

Squidge

Butane powered
The new 2.0 looks wonderful! This is definitely going on my wish list. It already was, but it has moved up a few spots. What is everyone's favorite wood type?
My favourite woods (i.e. flavour) are as follows:-
1. Walnut
2. Kotibé
3. Apple
4. Pear
Last (by a loong way)... Olive.

If I could get a Maple Vapman (I have a Maple SBL Jr), it would be second to the Walnut.

Last edited:

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
As we mentioned before, we will be doing a Q&A video on our youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnJkzWJ9RsVI751gQIKfZ5Q) tomorrow, where we will try to answer all your questions.

We're excited to let you know that we'll be posting a Q&A session tomorrow on our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnJkzWJ9RsVI751gQIKfZ5Q). We want to take this opportunity to answer any questions you might have.

A few questions have already been lined up, but we'd love to hear more from you. Is there something you've been curious about regarding our products or anything else? Drop your questions below, and we'll do our best to address them in the video.

See you there! 🚀

PS:
we would like to post a Q&A video, livestream or other format on our YouTube channel every Friday from now on to connect more with all of you and this wonderful community. we are looking forward to it. :)

Radwin Bodnic

@Zak McKracken @3migo @ezpz

I think there is a calibration issue with your units.

On mine when set at 4 and taking the vapman out just when the light turn green, I get visible vapor by the second hit and the third hit is already a big cloud (relative to the Vapman, it's not a baller). I can get 6 to 7 of those clouds staying at 4 on the dial.

The same session at 6 on the dial and I am sure to combust by the 5th hit. Again, picking up the vapman just when the light is green. No waiting.

coolbreeze

@Zak McKracken @3migo @ezpz

I think there is a calibration issue with your units.

On mine when set at 4 and taking the vapman out just when the light turn green, I get visible vapor by the second hit and the third hit is already a big cloud (relative to the Vapman, it's not a baller). I can get 6 to 7 of those clouds staying at 4 on the dial.

The same session at 6 on the dial and I am sure to combust by the 5th hit. Again, picking up the vapman just when the light is green. No waiting.
This sounds a bit warmer than mine possibly as well. I do think there's a lot of unused dial under what works for me, and I tend to go slow with it. Otoh, my impression is that it is pretty close to the black station once you get into the usable zone, so 4 is about my spot. I don't think I'd combust at 6, but this definitely requires some testing.

Top Bottom