Vapman

coolbreeze

First post in honor of my first Vapman purchase. I just ordered an OG walnut swiss Vapman with a gold AFC and glass mouth peice. In Less than 24hrs it's in DHLs hands and on the way expressly. I'm freaking blown away by the speed and psyched to get my first Vapman. I've got a glass VG and DBV but this little gem is going to be amazing to fit in as my travel go to.
I was eyeing @someTooL Kitobe pure vapman in the classifieds but I'm not sure of how to ask to buy it. Anyone have any suggestions or should I just shoot a message and wait?
Message him and wait. He got right back to me, The kotibe is beautiful; congrats on the OG Walnut! Hope you enjoy your Vapmans more each day.

Message him and wait. He got right back to me, The kotibe is beautiful; congrats on the OG Walnut! Hope you enjoy your Vapmans more each day.
Thanks CB I'm excited for sure. I've been browsing the forums for a while and everyone really sold me on the Vapman. That Kotibe wood is beautiful I was going to get it but the price break and the cool factor of having a swiss OG was too much to pass up. I'll shoot a message to him again and be patient as one should.
I'm looking to have one for dry herb and one for concentrates just to help keep them a bit more "clean" tasting.
Any advice on hash/concentrates in the VP? I've read that the more liquid ones don't do so well.
Also any special way to hold and heat id imagine the hash would run holding it horizontal.

coolbreeze

Any advice on hash/concentrates in the VP? I've read that the more liquid ones don't do so well.
Also any special way to hold and heat id imagine the hash would run holding it horizontal.
Now that I can't help you with but there's lots on it throughout the thread, especially traditional hash but also some of everything.

Razhumikin

Thanks CB I'm excited for sure. I've been browsing the forums for a while and everyone really sold me on the Vapman. That Kotibe wood is beautiful I was going to get it but the price break and the cool factor of having a swiss OG was too much to pass up. I'll shoot a message to him again and be patient as one should.
I'm looking to have one for dry herb and one for concentrates just to help keep them a bit more "clean" tasting.
Use the concentrate sieve if youre vaping hash through the vapman. If you dont it can get very messy, much easier with the sieve.

Wozz

IMG-20230722-143410.jpg

Another new toy. 😁
Hoping that it will compliment my TM2 nicely.
Scorched the bottom of the middle section on my first day, was a bit over zealous I think.
All good since then.

So delicate 😁🦋, but certainly does the trick.

Apologies @Craigrucknroll16 or leaving the adds ups. Currently in the middle of moving and everything remaining is boxed. Congrats on the walnut
All good I understand ST I've been through plenty and they aren't always fun. When you get settled I'll be around if you still want to get rid of it. I hope things go as smoothly as they can for you. Thanks for the congrats.

@Razhumikin I've got two concentrate screens coming as well so I'm prepared. But I was more wondering if when you load face down the turn 90° and heat does the hash run into the bowl or is it more of a melt when the hot air is drawn in through the tubes. I imagine it's a blend of the two to some degree. But also that's why I got two screens to sandwich the concentrate between if that does arise as an issue.

IMG-20230722-143410.jpg

Another new toy. 😁
Hoping that it will compliment my TM2 nicely.
Scorched the bottom of the middle section on my first day, was a bit over zealous I think.
All good since then.

So delicate 😁🦋, but certainly does the trick.
Beautiful I love the look of the olive and glass mouthpiece.

Razhumikin

All good I understand ST I've been through plenty and they aren't always fun. When you get settled I'll be around if you still want to get rid of it. I hope things go as smoothly as they can for you. Thanks for the congrats.

@Razhumikin I've got two concentrate screens coming as well so I'm prepared. But I was more wondering if when you load face down the turn 90° and heat does the hash run into the bowl or is it more of a melt when the hot air is drawn in through the tubes. I imagine it's a blend of the two to some degree. But also that's why I got two screens to sandwich the concentrate between if that does arise as an issue.
You dont need two, im not even sure two would fit in there. How much it will melt depends on the type of concentrate, traditional hash will melt some but wont get too runny while badder or something like it will fully melt and become very runny. Either way, the concentrate is sandwiched between the sieve and the plate on the stem, so it should stay mostly contained in the chamber without a second sieve.

fangorn

I also have a walnut og for the hash and a custom for the flowers.
for the hash, I always use 2 screen.

I'm not saying it's the best method, (besides Razhumikin has much more experience than me) but, it's to confirm that 2 screens fit well in the vapman...

thinking about it, I can test with a single screen and see if it's much messier or not.

putting 2 screens just makes cleaning even easier... only the screens need to be brushed and then soaked in the iso when necessary!

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
putting 2 screens just makes cleaning even easier...
Can confirm this is possible, but I don't find it particularly desirable, unless you're using/replenishing sat at a desk. I use Moroccan hash on a sieve, and it just sort of dries out. It certainly doesn't melt or drip. The filter on the inner stem piece heats over time and I imagine heats the material from above like a sandwich press. I don't find hash or herb sticks to this part so don't place an additional filter over the top

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I was more wondering if when you load face down the turn 90° and heat does the hash run into the bowl or is it more of a melt when the hot air is drawn in through the tubes.
I started getting runoff residue on the pan that was super tough to remove* from heating the Vapman on its side, so now I keep it vertical, slightly elevated, and heat from beneath. Problem solved.

As a bonus, it’s easier to aim the jet and the heat stays focused on the gold point, dispersing as designed. Tilted, the relative top of the pan always got more of a roast. And yes, use the sieve!

*It’s still there, so impossible to remove (for me).

I also have a walnut og for the hash and a custom for the flowers.
for the hash, I always use 2 screen.

I'm not saying it's the best method, (besides Razhumikin has much more experience than me) but, it's to confirm that 2 screens fit well in the vapman...

thinking about it, I can test with a single screen and see if it's much messier or not.

putting 2 screens just makes cleaning even easier... only the screens need to be brushed and then soaked in the iso when necessary!
Yes I was thinking similarly along those lines dedicated hash basher, dedicated flower roaster.
Do you sandwich your hash in-between the two screens, or between the screen and middle, or screen and heat plate?
I salute you for testing for science and the betterment of all vapkind.

I started getting runoff residue on the pan that was super tough to remove* from heating the Vapman on its side, so now I keep it vertical, slightly elevated, and heat from beneath. Problem solved.

As a bonus, it’s easier to aim the jet and the heat stays focused on the gold point, dispersing as designed. Tilted, the relative top of the pan always got more of a roast. And yes, use the sieve!

*It’s still there, so impossible to remove (for me).
This is what I was concerned about and thinking would work as a solution. Good to know it's got an easy solution thanks CX, sorry about your hash stain 😞

fangorn

I place my hash between 2 screens. and I place my 2 screens in the same direction, so that they fit together. I find my flattened hash at the end of the session.
I scratch a little with a dab tool, I brush... and I start again 😁
I could easily use these screens for several days, but since I only use my Vapman once or twice a week, I do an iso bath after each session.

I confirm that the magic eraser works very well... I would have waited for the return of Michael, David or René to find out if it was ok to use it on the bowl... but in the end I didn't wait. I got two bowls like new. I thought I posted pictures here, but I had to do it somewhere else...

and for heating, personally, I heat with the Vapman at 90.
on my Olivier I have to put a q-tip on the wood after each use and it leaves a darker band at the bottom of the piece. on my walnut tree, it's less of a problem but I've still been using a q-tip since I noticed the residue problem on the olive tree.
I don't see myself getting hot from below... I'm afraid of torticollis 😂
but I'm not sure if the incline is the only thing to consider for this oozing oil.
I would like a station to see if that solves the problem... it would make heating from below less complicated for me 😁 even if, apart from the noise of the lighter, I really love the ritual with a lighter... I would need a lighter without clicking!!

anyway, I'll try to put only one screen when I get back from vacation, in a few days... you will surely have tried by then 😁

happy vape to all !

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
This is quite easy and has been discussed a few times in this forum but here is a quick reminder…
Only the middle piece and the mouthpiece needs a deep cleaning (they are the only pieces in the vapor path).

1. Take the bottom piece (ring), middle piece and mouthpiece apart.
2. Unscrew the 2 screws that holds the screen (filter) on the middle piece. A magnet can be useful to keep the screws safe.
3. Soak the wood piece in pure acetone in the smallest jar possible (to use the less acetone possible). Soak for 1 h, gently shake the jar from time to time. The acetone will color. (If your mouthpiece is wood, put it in acetone too.)
4. Soak the steel parts (filter + heat protection ring if your Vapman is from 2014 or more recent) and the POM (or Ti or SS) mouthpiece in ISO.
5. Let the wood dry and oil the middle piece (coconut virgin oil, boiled linseed oil, beeswax…)
6. Rinse the steel and POM/Ti/SS pieces through hot water (not the wood !)
7. Put everything back together.

If you feel the need to clean the bowl, keep reading.

The bowl is the same for both Swiss and Italian, Classic and Basic (Pure) models. The three tiny tubes that holds the conical bowl are stamped in place manually, using a custom tool. It is like a hollow rivet assembly but at a jewelry scale, with really tight tolerances. You can see how it is made on this video from 2:05 to 2:20.

I think that you and @jeffp have this issue : the tubes have set apart from the bowl. Unless you can have the exact same custom tool you won't be able to stamp back the tubes properly. Moreover copper is a soft metal and when the tubes have been set apart form the bowl, the indentation where it connects to the bowl and the holes in the bowl may have been deformed. I doubt they can be put back together as easily as brand new parts.

You have the possibility to change the whole assembly bowl + tubes.
If you have an Italian Pure Vapman it is easy : the hole in the ring is wide enough to let the bowl pass through. Just unscrew the 3 screws that hold the tubes, place the new assembly and screw back.
If you have an Italian Classic Vapman, there is one more step : you have to get the mica off before. It's easy since it is only held by a few screws.

The Mica is bent in shape on a custom tool so try to keep it in shape when you set it apart from the ring.

Unfortunately, both of you have Swiss Vapmen. And I think you too @Cheebsy.
As you can see in the video, on the Swiss Classic version, the tubes are stamped on the bowl in situ (inside the ring) :
1. Loosely screw the tubes in place
2. Adjust the bowl on the tubes
3. Tighten the screws
4. Stamp the tubes ends on the bowl

I believe that they are assembled this way because the hole in the Swiss Vapemen is not wide enough to let the bowl pass through.
I don't have a Swiss Basic so maybe someone who already have took apart one can tell if the ring hole allows the bowl to pass through. @Gourmet maybe ?

I only have Classic Vapemen and on the Swiss version, the mica shield is held by the tubes screws and forced into a groove after shaping (video from 0:35 to 0:45). The vapman is buffed, oiled and polished with the mica in place. This is why on the Swiss Classic the mica appear to be "glued" to the wood at its edges. (Linseed oil harden the mica edges.) I wouldn't risk removing the mica on these ones. Therefore the bowl cannot be set apart from the ring. You can't soak it in anything because the mica will peel. With a lot of precautions you can try to plug the ends of the tubes with toothpicks and pour a few drops of iso inside the bowl until it is fully filled and wait a night or so… And then remove the iso carefully with cotton and then rinse without allowing any liquid to touch the mica.

Edit : I am sorry for the book I just wrote but I am really admirative of the craftsmanship involved in the making of the Vapman and I tend to be a bit extendible when talking about it…

Maybe the simplest way is to ask @vapman what do they think about it…
I just wanted to thank you again for these instructions.

I've been struggling to love my Italian kotibe classic, especially recently. I finally got the acetone in and got to it! Now that I've properly cleaned the mid section I'm getting the flavour I was missing. I had some staining on the filter that some bar keepers friend took care of and after a waxing the whole thing is now looking resplendent again. Despite the aesthetics, it's tasting a lot better, and is enjoyable to use again. I've had a really enjoyable few sessions tonight and that's down to cleaning up my early learning mistakes more effectively.

Cedar

OK, I've got a really nice Vapman set shipped from Italy that is now sitting in DHL's Kentucky location. I just got a call from customs saying they need more info to release it for shipment to me. Vapman labeled it as "furniture". DHL needs more detail, and I need to respond. I was going to call it a small essential oil diffuser. Is that OK? I know TED is a popular choice, but that's not feeling right. Help, please!

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Oof. Sounds like DHL has Vapman on a target list now. Lots of Lotus shipments impacted too.

I have no real advice for DHL, no clue what the risk is to you. I know the Vapman guys are looking at UPS now and they will make it right for you in the end.

Good luck.

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
The Vapman glass WPA is really crappy.
Mine broke in transit. They offered to replace it free, but by then I'd already figured out I could use the Vapman natively with a 14mm female joint, and it didn't seem worth the rigmarole (they'd posted it in good faith, not their fault it got bashed about in transit etc).

Anyway, for the price of the crappy glass, I learned that making a seal with the 14mm glass joint and the central post completely bypasses the three air intakes, which means thicker clouds. An unground glass 14mm adapter is perfect, if you have one. Regular ground glass is perfectly effective, but it's going to scratch the collar of central post if you're not extremely careful.

I can see the attraction of the WPAs (and those dinky titanium ones by that company in Poland) but for the couple of times a month I run mine through the rattle-can, they're just not worth the hassle.

fangorn

I salute you for testing for science and the betterment of all vapkind.

came back from vacation yesterday!

Well, the test results are clear!
the use of both screens leaves a circular mark on the bowl. as there is more thickness, it creates more mechanical pressure.
I only did about fifteen bowls in this configuration... not all of them today, right!

despite a recent cleaning, I had not paid attention to this detail!

this is an argument totally against using two screens at the same time.

So I'm going to go back to using a single screen...
Or...
I'm finally going to buy a wire cutter and cut the raised edges of one of the screens...
or make a hole in the middle of a screen that I use for other vaporizers.

but it's just to satisfy my occs...
because I didn't notice much more dirt with the use of a single screen!

and, in my opinion, it does not change anything in terms of the quality of the extraction...

here, to conclude on this 😁

and on another note...
I had brought my Vaponic and my toad only on vacation. Well I'm happy to find the Vapman again! what a flavor with the hash!!! 😍 and how easy! (no need to make a sandwich or cut hemp fiber...)
if cleaning hadn't been a problem (air travel), I would have taken the Vapman!

I'll catch up with him 😁

T9R

That's some pretty impressive vapor production! I find that, for me, ramping up the heat ups will more or less always result in compromised flavor that just isn't worth the trade off. I end up getting hints of that smokiness/popcorn taste that I find immediately overpower everything else. And that 'everything else' is IMO where vapman shines the most, with how pure the whole terpene profile comes through. But I think I'm also a bit oversensitive to anything tasting burned, so maybe this is subjective, idk.

I'd be interested to hear your (and if someone else wants to chime in) thoughts on this - like if you find that you can actually still get close to the same flavor even when pushing the temperature. Maybe it's just my technique, and it doesn't have to be either-or.

Last edited:

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
That's some pretty impressive vapor production! I find that, for me, ramping up the heat ups will more or less always result in compromised flavor that just isn't worth the trade off. I end up getting hints of that smokiness/popcorn taste that I find immediately overpower everything else. And that 'everything else' is IMO where vapman shines the most, with how pure the whole terpene profile comes through. But I think I'm also a bit oversensitive to anything tasting burned, so maybe this is subjective, idk.

I'd be interested to hear your (and if someone else wants to chime in) thoughts on this - like if you find that you can actually still get close to the same flavor even when pushing the temperature. Maybe it's just my technique, and it doesn't have to be either-or.
Yeah I figure it’s the same as how the burger I get never looks the same as on the menu. Videos of wispy great tasting hits don’t get the likes that a big cloud of popcorn vapor does.

Top Bottom