Vapman

beluga808

I love this photo. Thank you for sharing it.
Thank you, I'm glad you like it Dr. G!
are those Magic Flight grinder and storage?
Yes, you are right. Finishing grinder and Escape Pod stash box. They seem hard to get these days, but luckily I found someone who's working at Magic Flight. He's not active here in the forum, but I have his email address in case someone needs it :)

and you have the three Vapman's...can you tell me which ones they are please?
From top to bottom are: Olive wood (classic), kotibé (classic) and an OG swiss model in walnut (classic).

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Just received very happy Father's Day news from David and the Vapman team in Verona Italia, that my brand new "Espresso Crema" custom Pure will be shipping real soon ... grazie tutti grazie
🇮🇹☕🌿🥰💨

Espresso-Crema.jpg

Last edited:

Duba

Accessory Maker
hi there,

I don't know really if it's a good idea, maybe you'll tell me...

I made a little pocketable leather case for the Vapman, also for those who are tired of having an egg in their pocket:)
Small and light, it can be used for hot storage of the Vapman as the leather resists heat well and it's open to let the heat dissipate.
As always, hand made and hand dyed with high grain quality leather.

NYC_Frank

My custom vapman Pure "Espresso Crema" all loaded and ready to go on its maiden voyage. Going with some of my real sticky Oreoz .... short flame (10mm) and short 2 sec on off heating cycles just to be safe. Received it in 2 days from Italy (thanks again to David @vapman ) but had to have the olivewood mp in addition to the AFC titanium one i ordered with the Pure as they were out of stock (thanks @VGOODIEZ for coming through in the clutch) ... just received the mp today so all ready to take the torch to this lovely little beauty tonight ...

20230624-155310.jpg

20230624-155456.jpg

20230624-155758.gif

coolbreeze

My custom vapman Pure "Espresso Crema" all loaded and ready to go on its maiden voyage. Going with some of my real sticky Oreoz .... short flame (10mm) and short 2 sec on off heating cycles just to be safe. Received it in 2 days from Italy (thanks again to David @vapman ) but had to have the olivewood mp in addition to the AFC titanium one i ordered with the Pure as they were out of stock (thanks @VGOODIEZ for coming through in the clutch) ... just received the mp today so all ready to take the torch to this lovely little beauty tonight ...

20230624-155310.jpg

20230624-155456.jpg

20230624-155758.gif
Gorgeous!

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
So, as we all know, the Vapman lighter is truly excellent.

But I wonder what other people's experience of other lighters as well?

FWIW, I reckon the fatter flames of the larger desktop lighters (eg the Vertigo Serpent, Jobon Bullet) do a really really good job of heating the bowl a little more gently, which for me results in a more even roast.

What's other people's experience with non OEM lighters and Vapmans?

I think the olive wood became resinous because of the heat
I've been amazed at how much reclaim my olive central pillar has expressed with very moderate flower use (my other kotibe is for hash only, has had significantly heavier use, and looks the same as the day I got it).

Anyway my AFC also got stuck in the olive. In the end I just kept heating it (empty) until borderline too hot to hold, removed the central pillar, and twisted the AFC until it came loose. It was proper gunked up btw, so I gave the whole thing an acetone bath.

Apols mods, can't remember how to combine this post with the one above.

Perfect_Speed4069,
Reactions: Dr. G

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
What's other people's experience with non OEM lighters and Vapmans?

My two main torches for butane devices are the Vapman torch and an Eagle branded big tank I picked up at a gas station for $6.95 years ago. Seems like that model is hit or miss based on the manufacturer, but if you get a good one it’s like a Vapman torch that you have to refill 1/8 as frequent.

Dr. G

Old Resident

20230624-155310.jpg

20230624-155456.jpg

20230624-155758.gif
Espresso Crema? What does that mean in reference to the Vapman...I am Italian...I know what that means...but, this looks like an Olive wood Pure...am I missing something? Enjoy...it is beautiful.

Dr. G,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Espresso Crema? What does that mean in reference to the Vapman...I am Italian...I know what that means...but, this looks like an Olive wood Pure...am I missing something? Enjoy...it is beautiful.
I believe that Espresso Crema is one of the cute names that the customs get from vapman. Others I remember are "Holy Placenta" and "Summer Breeze"

T9R

So, as we all know, the Vapman lighter is truly excellent.

But I wonder what other people's experience of other lighters as well?

Blazer PB-207 for me, highly recommended. Same size as the Vapman lighter but IMO more reliable and has always felt like a justified upgrade in terms of overall quality - even though it's priced a little higher than many other popular options. It has also stood the test of time in the cigar world, which is almost as picky and gadgety as ours... :)

One of those things that you buy once and can then have serve you indefinitely - much like the Vapman itself, excluding any VAS related conditions that the user may have. :D

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Blazer PB-207 for me, highly recommended... One of those things that you buy once and can then have serve you indefinitely
There's a kind of inevitability to this, even although I've managed to resist for 18 months or more. I guess it's no worse than a grinder of a similar price

Perfect_Speed4069,
Reactions: T9R

Dr. G

Old Resident
I believe that Espresso Crema is one of the cute names that the customs get from vapman. Others I remember are "Holy Placenta" and "Summer Breeze"

I own three of the newer customs...they do not name them anymore...they just get numbered. All of the ones with names were sold long ago...the last one to sell was NEPTUNE on page 5...I was curious as to whether they were offering something new...a new wood or something.

NYC_Frank

I own three of the newer customs...they do not name them anymore...they just get numbered. All of the ones with names were sold long ago...the last one to sell was NEPTUNE on page 5...I was curious as to whether they were offering something new...a new wood or something.
I named it myself in providing David a description of what I was looking for as there were no custom pures listed. Just told him I was looking for the layered curvy waves I get in my espresso pulls and he offered me a couple of pieces to choose from. I have no idea if they will apply the name once they post it to the site later in the summer as they are quite busy right now, but don't care either way ... just liked the whole process of picking one out to my liking rather than getting a piece blindly and possibly being disappointed ... although they, like women, are all beautiful in their own way

T9R

I named it myself in providing David a description of what I was looking for as there were no custom pures listed. Just told him I was looking for the layered curvy waves I get in my espresso pulls and he offered me a couple of pieces to choose from. I have no idea if they will apply the name once they post it to the site later in the summer as they are quite busy right now, but don't care either way ... just liked the whole process of picking one out to my liking rather than getting a piece blindly and possibly being disappointed ... although they, like women, are all beautiful in their own way
Love both the look of it and your reference. May I ask just out of curiosity why you opted for the pure version?

Dr. G

Old Resident
I think it is a perfect name...cheers and enjoy...nothing like it.

NYC_Frank

Love both the look of it and your reference. May I ask just out of curiosity why you opted for the pure version?
Purely : ) the asthetics ... the wood is beautiful ... with or without scars : ) ... I did neglect to consider how small the device is ... a short 10- 15 mm flame, concentration, and a steady hand is always required

Radwin Bodnic

The Vapman glass WPA is really crappy. The worst quality piece of all the Vapman gear.

1. The ground joints are not standards tapers.
The supposedly 18mm section fits quite OK.​
The 14mm section engages over less than 10mm​
The 10mm section is the worst : it engages over 5mm… It's too fiddly and definitely not steady.​

foto-no-exif.jpg
foto-no-exif-2.jpg
foto-no-exif-3.jpg

2. The glass is too thin.

3. It does not close the fresh air intakes.

I'm really counting on M&D to put into production these types of WPA :

They could make it shorter though, more the size of a Lotus WPA. The device can be handled by the ring easily.
Sadly they will probably only produce the middle section for the Italian version and it won't fit the Swiss version without DIY. (Changing the spots of the pins.)

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
They could make it shorter though, more the size of a Lotus WPA. The device can be handled by the ring easily.
Sadly they will probably only produce the middle section for the Italian version and it won't fit the Swiss version without DIY. (Changing the spots of the pins.)
TRWW used to make a great acrylic WPA that fits into the middle section of either one:
Wow. Well I hope I didn't oversell it lol.

Here is my olive vapman and WPA on the hook:
wpa.jpg

Edited to add: whoa, that is way blurrier than I thought it was. Maybe it is an artifact of the compression, or I just picked the wrong shot. oh well. :-)
I think that style would be really nice to see again.

ezpz

TRWW used to make a great acrylic WPA that fits into the middle section of either one:

I think that style would be really nice to see again.
Agreed. I have a TRWW WPA and use it all the time through a j hook. I have 2 Swiss models, a walnut and a pear. The wpa fits tight in the walnut and loose in the pear. In the walnut, the air holes are completely blocked and the hits are very restricted, so much so that my inhale changes from DTL to MTL. In the pear, the air holes are somewhat blocked, adding some restriction, but not nearly as much as the walnut. I’d say similar to covering 2 holes. Definitely prefer using it with the pear.

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
I want to thank @someTooL for parting with this very lovely Apple Vapman. I regretted my decision to pass on these, and having this one in hand now I see that it was rash indeed. Sometimes life presents an opportunity to make corrections, though, and this is one of my happier ones

We should start a thread for re-homed devices. Most of us have traded devices between here, the old entexchange, or the discord.

Be fun to see how many old devices are still around and regularly traded.

jbm

I want to thank @someTooL for parting with this very lovely Apple Vapman. I regretted my decision to pass on these, and having this one in hand now I see that it was rash indeed. Sometimes life presents an opportunity to make corrections, though, and this is one of my happier ones:
IMG-4931.jpg
IMG-4933.jpg
Deeply jealous. I had not yet gotten a Vapman when these came out, and their being offered ala carte threw me off. I asked Vapman at one point if they had one kicking around and never heard back.

First post in honor of my first Vapman purchase. I just ordered an OG walnut swiss Vapman with a gold AFC and glass mouth peice. In Less than 24hrs it's in DHLs hands and on the way expressly. I'm freaking blown away by the speed and psyched to get my first Vapman. I've got a glass VG and DBV but this little gem is going to be amazing to fit in as my travel go to.
I was eyeing @someTooL Kitobe pure vapman in the classifieds but I'm not sure of how to ask to buy it. Anyone have any suggestions or should I just shoot a message and wait?

Top Bottom