Vapman

Texus

So we produced practically day and night and probably due to the tiredness a mistake like this crept in.
Your rep and justification for Vapman prices rest on your artisanal work and attention to detail. I suggest that you not rush like this in the future. Take your time and guarantee that each piece sold has the QC and polish that gives the user that "wow" reaction.

Long nights and rushing is where errors and lack of attention to detail naturally creep in.

Folks can wait or you can wait until they are done instead of pre-sales.

TooHightooFly52

Sorry keeping on topic.

So what is everyone's preferred wood with the Vapman? Also do you prefer to keep all the air holes open or do you flutter them or keep them closed?

Last edited:
TooHightooFly52,
Reactions: Squidge

fanleaf

My apple wood Vapman arrived a couple days ago and I am enjoying it so far. After seeing a few posts about wood burrs/chips inside the middle piece I checked mine and luckily it was fairly minimal for me. Nothing I couldn't clean up.

I have to agree with what Texus said a few posts back, I think it's better to that Michael and David take their time rather than try to rush the process. I would rather wait a little longer for a more polished product. Just trying to give constructive criticism because I'm happy you guys are so passionate about the Vapman and I want to see you guys succeed.

That said, aside from the minor wood chips inside the middle piece the rest of my apple Vapman is perfect and it is beautiful. I will get around to posting pics soon.

Sorry keeping on topic.

So what is everyone's preferred wood with the Vapman? Also do you prefer to keep all the air holes open or do you flutter them or keep them closed?
When I first got my Vapman I used to cover 2 holes, but the more I played with it I found my favorite way to use it is to leave all the holes open. Leaving the holes open makes the vapor cooler/smoother and I find the vapor is still plenty thick. With the Vapman I'm not really trying to cloud chase anyway.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Hard to say what my preference is for wood. Denser woods will make the outside hotter to touch than less dense hardwoods, so maybe that’s something to consider. Having owned a walnut, pear, boxtree, olive, and apple (when it arrives) I prefer to use the boxtree. But if I had a Yew or African Blackwood, or Purple Heart or whichever of the other sweet ones exist, might that one be my preference?

I guess my only real preference in wood types for the Vapman is to have more choice in wood species. Sustainably sourced, of course.

Come to think of it, I’d love to see a Vapman reclaimed from a hardwood pallet of some kind. I’ve seen Hard Rock Maple pallets here in Canada so I know they must be around. Or even just reclaimed from other mundane things you might not expect to be turned into functional pipe art.

I bought one of the 29 applewood Vapmans and not only was there blue fluff blocking the hole under the filter, but there was a hell of a mess of wood chips there too, ready for me to inhale. I only checked because of this thread, and no I didn’t take photos. I cleaned it all out at the time I found it, whilst swearing and thanking all fuck I read this thread before using it. I have bought around 12 Vapmans in the last year (mostly Swiss) and love them but honestly this experience had left me shaken. I’ve given loved ones these and not recommended they unscrew everything before use. I don’t agree that a prototype was misplaced into the limited edition dispatch - very very keen to see what proportion of people received downright dangerous products.

Michael & David: please email others that have bought this edition and advise them to clean under the filter before use. Please.

Last edited:

someTooL

With so many reports of the stem being unfinished (yes mine too, see pics above), I believe all were sent this way.

Was an easy fix, simple brush down and blow the chips away. Yes, bad QC which has been acknowledged by the makers…this was good to do so quickly. Popcorn has been put away.

If anything it a great consumer lesson for all. Clean/inspect EVERY device before using.

davesmith

Glass Blower
Sorry keeping on topic.

I always prefer fruit woods for any vape device. They've been popular choices for pipe makers for years as they're food safe.

As for air holes I've always preferred them all open as intended. I tried blocking them but found it took away from the beautiful vape signature of the piece.

vapman

Manufacturer
I bought one of the 29 applewood Vapmans and not only was there blue fluff blocking the hole under the filter, but there was a hell of a mess of wood chips there too, ready for me to inhale. I only checked because of this thread, and no I didn’t take photos. I cleaned it all out at the time I found it, whilst swearing and thanking all fuck I read this thread before using it. I have bought around 12 Vapmans in the last year (mostly Swiss) and love them but honestly this experience had left me shaken. I’ve given loved ones these and not recommended they unscrew everything before use. I don’t agree that a prototype was misplaced into the limited edition dispatch - very very keen to see what proportion of people received downright dangerous products.

Michael & David: please email others that have bought this edition and advise them to clean under the filter before use. Please.
Hello Killer,
First and foremost, we would like to thank you for your support. We’re really honoured to know that you own 12 Vapmen, among which a couple of Italian ones.
Thanks also for your feedback; it means a lot to us. It’s important for us to make customers happy, and we are saddened to hear that our product didn’t live up to expectations for some.
We invite anyone who feels not totally happy about their Vapples to reach out to us. We’d be happy to offer a substitution of the product with one of our Olivewood Classics.
We feel like we have to point out the difference between loose, dangerous shards of wood and the roughness in the middle piece some users noticed. In many cases, this roughness is due to applewood’s tendency to splint. While we agree that we could have thought of polishing the middle pieces better with a file, not having done this could not have resulted in a damage to health.
Please understand that photo evidence is extremely important for us. It helps us to understand whether there was negligence on our side, or if something else happened. In your specific case, we trust your word, but can’t think of anything resembling blue fluff in our workshop.
We strongly encourage users to take pictures of any defect they encounter in the device before cleaning it. Especially if you feel like your device can somehow jeopardize your health, we encourage you not to use it. Contact us with a full description with photos of the defects encountered before you clean it. We are determined to identify the problems and tofind a suitable solution for customers as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Lastly, every time we use a new type of wood, we test the wood properties by doing a “prototype” that we then keep for ourselves. These units can have defects and look a bit rough, but they are fully functional: we use them ourselves. This time, one of these guys somehow managed to escape.
We regret having disappointed our customers and take full responsibility for this. We are grateful to each one in this sub for the support, the warmth, and nonetheless the constructive criticism that accompanied us since the very beginning. Ironically, mistakes are the best way to learn, and we really learned a lesson this time.

Sincerely,
The Vapman Team

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
So I have this question I've been mulling over in my mind.
Is it even worth it to save vapman ABV?
Does anyone here save vapman ABV?
I haven't generated enough yet to use for a batch of edibles
and I'm not inclined to make firecrackers with it,
so ABV edibles haven't yet been attempted.
But I imagine that they would be on the light side potency wise.

What do you think?

TooHightooFly52

What do you think?
I save it out of sheer laziness. I have a jar that I store my abv in the same room I vape in. That said my abv is really dark out of the Vapman.

Squidge

Butane powered
So how do folks like the apple vapman models?
I've tried the Apple and it definitely tastes different to the Walnut. I'm sure I'll get used to it in time but atm it tastes odd lol
Also do you prefer to keep all the air holes open or do you flutter them or keep them closed?
I use mine fully open. I experimented with closing a couple off using my fingers and changing which one is open by twirling the Vapman as I'm inhaling but open is better.

Plus, it means I don't have to move hand position between heating and inhaling. Fingers on the ring at all times lol 😉

What do you think?
After seeing how dark your ABV is, I'd say yours is fully spent and wouldn't offer any return.

Btw, I don't save my ABV from any device. I like to be in control of my level of "relaxation", which is possibly why I prefer the Vapman.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
After seeing how dark your ABV is, I'd say yours is fully spent and wouldn't offer any return.

Btw, I don't save my ABV from any device. I like to be in control of my level of "relaxation", which is possibly why I prefer the Vapman.

Thanks! I reload after two hits and it's two cycles of 5 seconds, with the blue point of the flame on the centerpoint, or it's less than 5 seconds if I see vapor formation, yet my ABV is extremely dark, I know. I think in my case possibly it's due to the irregular and inconsistent lengths of the flame due to either use of cheap butane or the lighter itself... or perhaps everything is ok and there's nothing to adjust.

Regardless I'm inclined to dispose of vapman ABV and continue to save the ABV from other vaporizers.

EDIT: Out of an abundance of caution and OCD, I removed the filter with a precision screwdriver, looked in and around and everything looks fine.
If you do remove the tiny screws make sure you have a little shotglass on hand, etc., to drop the two screws in. Dropping the very tiny screws on the carpet for example would ruin an otherwise perfectly fine day. :rockon:

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
My VappleMan finally landed and all is fine and dandy in terms of loose wood bits. Everything is smooth and the grain on this is just gorgeous. I love the gentle swirls it has and the colour gradient from light to dark. The state of the mica is also much better than my olive version, so that’s good.

Edit just to say the one I received is actually the one used in the pictures on the site and their insta. I was totally hoping I would get that one. 😄

Last edited:

Squidge

Butane powered
With the excitement of the beautiful applewood’s, I think something slipped by (maybe just me).

There was mention by @vapman of a custom store opening soon. Wonder what great things await us there?
Well, we know that there'll soon be a Vapman Kotibe version...
...one of our olive wood vapmans from the custom store...If you prefer a different wood, we can prepare a Kotibe vapman for you, but this could take up to a week...Currently we only have these two woods in stock....
Maybe they'll also offer the Olive sans the rest of the kit as well?

Hello Killer,
First and foremost, we would like to thank you for your support. We’re really honoured to know that you own 12 Vapmen, among which a couple of Italian ones.
Thanks also for your feedback; it means a lot to us. It’s important for us to make customers happy, and we are saddened to hear that our product didn’t live up to expectations for some.
We invite anyone who feels not totally happy about their Vapples to reach out to us. We’d be happy to offer a substitution of the product with one of our Olivewood Classics.
We feel like we have to point out the difference between loose, dangerous shards of wood and the roughness in the middle piece some users noticed. In many cases, this roughness is due to applewood’s tendency to splint. While we agree that we could have thought of polishing the middle pieces better with a file, not having done this could not have resulted in a damage to health.
Please understand that photo evidence is extremely important for us. It helps us to understand whether there was negligence on our side, or if something else happened. In your specific case, we trust your word, but can’t think of anything resembling blue fluff in our workshop.
We strongly encourage users to take pictures of any defect they encounter in the device before cleaning it. Especially if you feel like your device can somehow jeopardize your health, we encourage you not to use it. Contact us with a full description with photos of the defects encountered before you clean it. We are determined to identify the problems and tofind a suitable solution for customers as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Lastly, every time we use a new type of wood, we test the wood properties by doing a “prototype” that we then keep for ourselves. These units can have defects and look a bit rough, but they are fully functional: we use them ourselves. This time, one of these guys somehow managed to escape.
We regret having disappointed our customers and take full responsibility for this. We are grateful to each one in this sub for the support, the warmth, and nonetheless the constructive criticism that accompanied us since the very beginning. Ironically, mistakes are the best way to learn, and we really learned a lesson this time.

Sincerely,
The Vapman Team
Thank you for this reply, I can see you guys definitely care about the community and have a passion for the industry. I still think it’s a good idea to reach out to your customers to encourage them to do a check under the filter before use, especially with any new wood types you offer in future, just in case there’s anything unexpected. I still love Vapman and use it every day. It’s a fantastic invention and I want to continue seeing and buying new varieties in future. If you would like to talk to me about the Applewood experience at any stage, my order number was #1183. Otherwise I’m leaving it at that as this thread is not the most appropriate place for my feedback and I apologise for derailing the thread.

Squidge

Butane powered
Thank you for this reply, I can see you guys definitely care about the community and have a passion for the industry. I still think it’s a good idea to reach out to your customers to encourage them to do a check under the filter before use, especially with any new wood types you offer in future, just in case there’s anything unexpected. I still love Vapman and use it every day. It’s a fantastic invention and I want to continue seeing and buying new varieties in future. If you would like to talk to me about the Applewood experience at any stage, my order number was #1183. Otherwise I’m leaving it at that as this thread is not the most appropriate place for my feedback and I apologise for derailing the thread.
I don't think you've derailed the thread at all. Quality concerns are important to all of us here - we are (some of) the end users.

If you want, you can always contact Micheal and David using the Direct/Private Message service here by tapping on the envelope and selecting "Start a new conversation". Type in vapman and select the one with the Vapman avatar (Vapman_Official is also them but they don't seem to use it).

On a slightly different subject, I would like to apologise for all the bad things I have said about olive wood - I've received my Olive Vapman and it is gorgeous!!! 💕💕💕

No burrs, splinters, major machining marks - nothing! It came in a hemp(?) bag in the wooden box along with a borosilicate glass mouthpiece. Even my sister was impressed with how good it looked lol

Thank you, Michael and David (@vapman), for making this Vapmaniac very happy indeed 😁

Regards

vapman

Manufacturer
Thank you for your understanding and the kind words! Its great to know that you are willing to stay our client.

We really run vapman out of pure passion for the product and our biggest goal is to do something good for people. That's why we want to satisfy our customers with all the means we have.
I think like squidge, that a constructive feedback belongs very well in this threat and we are even happy about it, because it helps us to learn something from it.

In the future, something like this will definitely not happen again, regardless of the wood. We will take a even closer look at it.

We really take your Suggestion seriously!
As soon as we print the new version of the instruction manual, we will insert the information to inspect the device before use.

We really want to hear what your experiance was when you recieved the apple vapman. Please write us directly on info@vapman.com and we will reply as soon as possible

Warmest regards
The vapman team

jbm

Thank you for your understanding and the kind words! Its great to know that you are willing to stay our client.

We really run vapman out of pure passion for the product and our biggest goal is to do something good for people. That's why we want to satisfy our customers with all the means we have.
I think like squidge, that a constructive feedback belongs very well in this threat and we are even happy about it, because it helps us to learn something from it.

In the future, something like this will definitely not happen again, regardless of the wood. We will take a even closer look at it.

We really take your Suggestion seriously!
As soon as we print the new version of the instruction manual, we will insert the information to inspect the device before use.

We really want to hear what your experiance was when you recieved the apple vapman. Please write us directly on info@vapman.com and we will reply as soon as possible

Warmest regards
The vapman team
I wanted to buy an applewood, but I hesitated because it was just the device itself, wihout the kit. Can you say something about that decision? If you are planning on releasing more limited editions in future, would you do the same thing? I looked to see if there was a kit without the vapman itself and there wasn't, so I let the cart expire.

Bolano

@jbm, I would guess that's a decision that could go either way. I've got a few vapman and I was grateful for the opportunity to get one without the full kit.
There are only so many vapman lighters that I can justify having even if they are great quality.
The kit is good value though so I can understand wanting one with a vapman purchase.

Top Bottom