Vapman

passenger

is this thing on?
Yeah speaking of Blue Mauritius… what’s the story behind this one, @passenger?
It's a finished basic black Vapman made from african hardwood. @vapman ran a special edition last year and he was so kind to sell one to me. If you mean the blue hue that it has, it is actually a smooth matte black, but he polished it to perfection. In that angle it reflects the sky backlight and that gives it the blue shine in the pic.
The story behind the picture is that when I opened up the Vapman, there was a perfect round amber ball of condensed vapor from the herbs sitting on the centre pole. I tried to capture that, but when I took the shot, the heat degraded and you can only see it when you take a close look at it. It's still pretty though. Thanks!

Squidge

Butane powered
Hi all,

I've continued exploring the Vapman and still don't have it sussed yet, but I'm getting there :)

I have combusted (once) but as soon as I started to take the hit I knew it was too far so stopped immediately, opened the crucible, emptied, and then cleaned it. Thankfully, there was minimal taint in the middle section so I haven't had to clean it, just went through a few more bowls and everything is back to where it was. :tup:

I'm finding I prefer a slower heat up so I'm currently going with a smaller flame and 2 X 6 "elephants" (my version of "Mississippi"), slow draw, then another six 🐘, draw, five 🐘, draw, four or five 🐘, draw, finishing with a final five 🐘 depending on the flavour of the previous draw. If the flavour is too toasted then I give it a miss.

The AVB (CBD flower topped with CBD keif) is crunchy and looks nicely toasted with either no smell or a light roasted coffee aroma.

I don't block the airholes, in fact I don't touch the middle piece at all when taking a draw. Vapour is minimal but I still get the effects so that's all that matters.

On a slightly different but related note; refinedretail.co.uk have some limited edition Olive wood Vapmans available if anyone is interested. I'm not, as I'm more keen on a two-tone Yew as my next purchase (when I can get one lol).

Thanks for reading and I hope your day is going well.
Regards,
Squidge

Last edited:

fropones

Well, my new vapman has me a butane convert. I've always been disinterested in butane vapes/rigs but the vapman kept popping up and piquing my interest. Grabbed one on the resent @VGOODIEZ 20% sale and I have no regrets. I seemed to have gotten the technique down pretty quick and achieve an even, dark brown AVB in 2-3 cloudy, delicious hits.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Well, my new vapman has me a butane convert. I've always been disinterested in butane vapes/rigs but the vapman kept popping up and piquing my interest. Grabbed one on the resent @VGOODIEZ 20% sale and I have no regrets. I seemed to have gotten the technique down pretty quick and achieve an even, dark brown AVB in 2-3 cloudy, delicious hits.

Yeah. It's amazing how such a tiny, simple yet pretty little vape can work so well, is it not?

vapman

Manufacturer
Yeah. It's amazing how such a tiny, simple yet pretty little vape can work so well, is it not?

I agree vapman looks simple but it works so well because it isn't actually simple! First it is an ultra lightweight construction using a copper bowl, making it extemely energy efficient. Secondly the three tiny air tubes are doing all the magic. Building a vapman is a real challenge! I don't know how many folks were thinking that vapman is too expensive but after working with or for me, they all thought that vapman is too cheap.
I think vapman is just right.:)

Btw. I'm finally heading to Italy this week (if there isn't anything coming in-between like heavy thunder storms again) for the first time in order to launch the production! Yeah, yeah, yeah!

Cheers,

vapman

vapman

Manufacturer
I seemed to have gotten the technique down pretty quick and achieve an even, dark brown AVB in 2-3 cloudy, delicious hits.

As some members have already found out, the station is a good teacher of how vapman can be used. It is possible to achieve 6 or more hits by heating a bit less each time and you will be surprised how strong the effect will be! The gentler the extraction, the stronger the effect! It makes sense because this way all the goodies are coming through and nothing gets burned. Feel free to experiment, vapman is the ideal tool for this.

vapman

Last edited:

Squidge

Butane powered
As some members have already found out, the station is a good teacher of how vapman can be used. It is possible to achieve 6 or more hits by heating a bit less each time and you will be surprised how strong the effect will be! The gentler the extraction, the stronger the effect! It makes sense because this way all the goodies are coming through and nothing gets burned. Feel free to experiment, vapman is the ideal tool for this.

vapman
But, René, how are we supposed to learn if we don't have a station?! Hurry up and get them back on sale again, please. I've got DAS* to satisfy! :nod:;)

I've been perusing the new site and it says for international customers that the customer has to pay any VAT applicable themselves, but UK law says that the seller has to collect it. Are you aware of this?

Anyway, enjoy your time in Italy and I hope the rain stays away.

Regards,
Squidge

*Device Acquisition Syndrome

mixchu69

I really can't wait until Vapman stations are on sale again, as I missed out and never got one. I can afford to spend 500 Euros on a Station, but I'd rather get my glasses replaced.
But, René, how are we supposed to learn if we don't have a station?! Hurry up and get them back on sale again, please. I've got DAS* to satisfy! :nod:;)

I've been perusing the new site and it says for international customers that the customer has to pay any VAT applicable themselves, but UK law says that the seller has to collect it. Are you aware of this?

Anyway, enjoy your time in Italy and I hope the rain stays away.

Regards,
Squidge

*Device Acquisition Syndrome
Me too…I’m trying to cut back in consumption and vapman station would be perfect (prefer it over dynavaps)

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
So I saw that VGDZ got in some of these and I impulsively bought one because, VAS. I don't know much about them - anybody wanna post up some how-to links or otherwise useful info?

ezpz

Howzit Vapmaniacs 😃. Just kidding. I got me a Classic Walnut on 7/10. Ordered from vgoodiez on 7/6. 4 days from the east coast to the furthest western state, Hawaii. Great service :tup:. My Vapman came missing the screws for the screen. I emailed Scott from vgoodiez and he replied that he would send some out and I told him to hold off till my next order.
Some background info. My DD's are TM and Fw7, so I'm more of a cloud chaser than a terp slurper. So this purchase was a little out of my comfort zone. I'm also a heavy user (an ounce last me between 7-10 days), so I did some heavy prep work b4 this came. I took a two week t-break, cleaned and put away all my glass cooling pieces, ordered a vapman, and decided to give microdosing a shot.
After skimming 300 pages of this thread, I've found that there is a consensus here on the best heating technique....... Find out for yourself. 😂
I'm loving this vape so far. Just a pinch gets me lit now. Slow and low gives me more even avb, less vapor. Heavy handed torching gives more vapor, and more scorching. Very happy with the effects either way.
My torch is kinda old (from my dynavap days), and it can get frustrating when counting in your head, and your torch keeps misfiring. So, I ordered the Vapman torch (recommened here) and an ebony mouthpiece (because my white one is getting dirty already). Scott told me he's mailing out the screws and a screwdriver also :tup:.
I might just stick with microdosing as I'll save a ton of money this way. I might even sell my TM and fw7. :lmao:Lets not get carried away here.
Anyways, thanks for reading my long ass post. I'm very happy to be part of the club now. :smug:

Squidge

Butane powered
So I saw that VGDZ got in some of these and I impulsively bought one because, VAS. I don't know much about them - anybody wanna post up some how-to links or otherwise useful info?
Here's a PDF from the vapman site on how to use the vapman. I found it very useful, especially regarding flame size.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0527/8004/0365/files/manual_vapman_english.pdf?v=1624548228

@ezpz - I'm more than happy to be called a Vapmaniac. I consider it to be a badge of honour, sir.

Welcome to the club, both of you.

Last edited:

I’ve been eyeing these for a while and got @VGOODIEZ email yesterday. Couldn’t resist!

I was torn between walnut (which I almost always get and so I have a lot of matching walnut tools and devices), but in the end I couldn’t say no to the greenheart so I’ll be trying some new wood!

excited to say the least - will report back with pics and thoughts soon!

ezpz

Fuck!!!!! My damn torch bit the dust last night. :bang: Looks like I'm going on another t-break. Or maybe stop by a cigar shop to get one to hold me over. Let this be a lesson to all new owners. A spare torch is much more important than a spare loading funnel. :doh:

somaway

A quick run to the closest gas/liquor store or a vape/smoke store and you should be able to find something like this... for some loose change ,....will work well now and later as a backup when you get the vapman torch....
lighters2.jpg

......Enjoy your vapman!!!
Fuck!!!!! My damn torch bit the dust last night. :bang: Looks like I'm going on another t-break. Or maybe stop by a cigar shop to get one to hold me over. Let this be a lesson to all new owners. A spare torch is much more important than a spare loading funnel. :doh:

ezpz

A quick run to the closest gas/liquor store or a vape/smoke store and you should be able to find something like this... for some loose change ,....will work well now and later as a backup when you get the vapman torch....
View attachment 10483

......Enjoy your vapman!!!
Yeah. I'll probably stop somewhere on my way home from work. Like you said, better to get a cheap one now, and then use it as a backup later. Thanks :tup:

RxPlorer

I came across this keynote by Frenchy, and it got me all keyed up to find some high quality traditional hash.

Is anyone using the vapman and concentrate sieve for traditional hash? Does good hash leave much residue on the screen, and what’s the cleaning process, just an basic ISO wash? Cheers

Top Bottom