Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

wootze

M
Every time someone would report a broken Cloud, I always felt bad yet lucky that mine has never had a problem. Until now. Yep, less than a week after I got in on the EVO, my ticker is stone cold. The lights are functioning OK, but it just doesn't get hot.

Now, I am glad I got in on the EVO deal, but I'm still really bummed out about this. It wasn't under the extended warranty, and I think I've had it for more than a year. An suggestions, or am I just waiting for October now?
My more recent cloud lasted 6 months. I can't go through this again. So I bought two of the new deals.
BTW if your LED is still on, you've popped a heater wire. I think it's the most common problem. All mechanical connectors in the new ones will solve that.

Someone on here resoldered theirs. If you have no warranty, fuckit, open the thing up.

I was desperate so fuck the warranty. There was nothing to resolder. Whatever was there disintegrated. Ima dig around and try to find the wire inside the soft ceramic heater and try to make a mechanical solution.

Good luck.

Last edited:
wootze,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I just watched the video SM most recently placed. He mentions a little bit of how his wife got into vaporizing after the cloud. The fucking cloud took away my damn mancave! It went unisex after my wife all of a sudden after trying the cloud decided that vapor was so much healthier. It was a better high! Get the fuck out of here, I told just admit that you like the cloud and it gets you fucked up!

It took until she watched that fucking video to admit she loves the cloud. I guess i'll take it, it is fun watching her get ripped and when she's part of it she allows access to the wallet! :o

Before the cloud she was all like - watching over my shoulder

Alwayslookingovermyback_zpsdcda7f70.jpg

And now she's all...

finger_faces_by_i_will_not_forget_zps359532f9.jpg

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Someone on here resoldered theirs. If you have no warranty, fuckit, open the thing up.
Yea, looking back I found out I got my Cloud in April of last year, so it's not under warranty. I do seem to remember seeing pics of the Cloud that was opened up and fixed. Can anyone point me to the post?

It's funny, as I was hitting my Cloud last night, I was thinking how amazing it was working. I just picked some fresh Vortex and Chem '91 and it was KILLING it. My fucking Pax won't charge anymore, too. It's been a tough week for my vapes! Now I'm down to my Solo and UD. Crazy.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Yea, looking back I found out I got my Cloud in April of last year, so it's not under warranty. I do seem to remember seeing pics of the Cloud that was opened up and fixed. Can anyone point me to the post? . . .

As I recall there was a post with pics of that connection just in the past few days or so (discussing the soldering). Also search on posts by MonstersWithoutBorders, he took his apart, too.

Keep in mind that the heater and insulation guts of the Cloud changed at least a couple times between release and the Plus. I opened one of the older units shipped soon after release and the insulation jacket was very difficult to remove, it eventually just fell part. The wires are very thin and delicate. I think the newer units, esp the Plus, are more accessible. Nothing to lose though, just be extra patient.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: mvapes

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I think I heard that most clouds that failed was due to two wires coming lose from the ceramic heater. They needed to be soldered back in place and that was pretty much it. And obviously if your getting power to the unit that eliminated the other fail, the power cord itself. Mine just stopped heating. I get the Christmas lights and then a solid permanent red. It was like losing a long time pet!

Like Louis....

monkeydrunk_zpsfc45bdf7.jpg

vapordave

First night without my Cloud. I don't like it one bit.

Your cloud died? Oh dude... sorry to hear. the Mobius might arrive tomorrow. I'll let you know by PM.

By the way, I use a Solo as a cloud replacement. The Solo with a Planetvape 18mm bowl adaptor works pretty good. No, its not to cloud standards but it's not horrible in my opinion. You don't get near the amount of air flow but you can use your hydratubes. I used the Solo as a cloud replacement for about a month while mine was being replaced with a cloud+. Its best to either get the really early Solo or the latest ones that have the higher temps on the high end of the scale.

Man Tstat sorry to hear that but I'm in the same boat. Mvapes I feel for you as well. Sucks because its just not the same without the cloud. I wish I had someone close enough to actually use one!!! Oh well October it is :\

VapeNStone,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi guys, if your Cloud is dead, could you tell us how many times it was working? and when it die it was an accident(fall,;;;) or it just stop to work?
If you can give us an answer it will be nice because l want to know how many time can l expect that my Cloud work.
And if there is some peoples with very old working Cloud tell us (l don't when it came out for the first time)
I have an HA and a Cloud and l heard HA owners since more than 4 years, is it possible with cloud?

PPN,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Happy 666! My like count also hit 666 now. Coincidence?

This post also needs some value, right?

ELB means Easy Load Bowl, right? Probably not easy enough, because I present you:

Easy ELB Loader (EEL) for vapor sloths:
2ymgml4.png

You could already see few prototypes of EEL in work in my earlier videos.
First little presentation was done here. Then another little peek.

Here is the assembling:

Last edited:

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!

ELB means Easy Load Bowl, right? Probably not easy enough, because I present you:

That thing looks like a layout of a starship! I had noticed that in earlier videos and had always been curious about it. I'm not inclined to make it at the moment, but maybe in the near future when I am looking for something to do I'll give it a go.

I hadn't hit my Cloud through water yet, so I brought it over to my buddies and of course his glass is 14mm. I've been hitting it through the Infamous $40 Bubbler and it's not amazing, but it is fun and has me really excited for the turbine action.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
So yea, I have a Solo with the PV 18mm GonG as my backup as well. It does work well...

Tstat,
Reactions: Tweak

Anonymouse

Sith I care

2ymgml4.png

First little presentation was done here. Then another little peek.

Nice effort, but it's no match for a simple 18mm whip adapter and short length of tubing, which is what a lot of people use (Arizer elbow adapters fit the ELB diameter perfectly for this). Stick the open ELB in the joint, then hold its opening over the material while gently inhaling through the tube. Draw to fill as much or little as you want, turn over and tap gently to settle, then cap.

This has the advantages of no intermediate vessel, no spillage when loading the ELB itself, and no need to directly touch material with any tool other than the ELB. Effortlessly and directly picking loads right out of the grinder bed is about as easy and convenient as loading an ELB can get.

I think the only clear improvement left there is maybe a lightly packed cotton-wool filter in the glass adapter to keep fine particulates from being inhaled, but the ELB mesh is very fine and it's not really a problem if you inhale gently.

Last edited:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Both are imo equally easy methods of ELB loading, I am just not fan of sucking the load in, it sucks out the best kief and packs the bowl. Also I don't like how it looks a little like snuffing.

Last edited:
Seek,
Reactions: b0

elmomuzz

That just happened...
My stuff is to gummy to slide down the funnel. I use a business card folded in half.

elmomuzz,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Nice effort, but it's no match for a simple 18mm whip adapter and short length of tubing, which is what a lot of people use (Arizer elbow adapters fit the ELB diameter perfectly for this). Stick the open ELB in the joint, then hold its opening over the material while gently inhaling through the tube. Draw to fill as much or little as you want, turn over and tap gently to settle, then cap.

This has the advantages of no intermediate vessel, no spillage when loading the ELB itself, and no need to directly touch material with any tool other than the ELB. Effortlessly and directly picking loads right out of the grinder bed is about as easy and convenient as loading an ELB can get.

I think the only clear improvement left there is maybe a lightly packed cotton-wool filter in the glass adapter to keep fine particulates from being inhaled, but the ELB mesh is very fine and it's not really a problem if you inhale gently.
This is the method I prefer. Here is an old pic of my ELB loader with my HoneyBun, cleaning brush, and and alcohol wipe for cleaning the resin ring . . . I just used an herbalAire mouthpiece, some tubing, and an 18mm vapor hose adapter :)

elbtools.jpg

Hexi

ELB loading? I never had the OGCloud, is there something tricky or particular about loading ELBs? I'm used to loading a PAX or Davinci, dump the stuff into the hole...cap and puff...

Hexi,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Coming from a whip based vaporizer prior to the Cloud I loaded all my wands by sucking the flowers up. Took me a few days to realize the ELB would fit into my WPA 18mm joint, now I'm back to sucking.

I don't like to suck up ABV though because of the dust. May try finding a small funnel or make Seek's scooper.

Tweak,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea man, I don't know... Saturday I went to see The Conjuring (good movie based on a house here in RI and the ghost hunters I had seen years ago at URI lectures). I get home and my Pax won't charge. The next day my Cloud dies AND now we are stuck on page 666. WTF?

John Lewus

What works best for me is to grind into a large four piece grinder (I use Santa Cruz) and then just suck from there using a tool like t-dub's. It works great. Some of the ELB's fit a tad looser and sometimes a very tiny tiny amount of ief dust is sucked into the tubing but after months of use there is still so little there that I could not even reclaim. I like that it packs towards the bottom of the bowl because then when I pull through my glass it pulls it to the top of the bowl and kind of breaks it up.

Top Bottom