Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Mangos

I think your issue was harder to know if it was user error, slight problem with a workaround, etc. I haven't seen your hydratube to tell until you recently published an image but without a video I can't actually see the issue. The other guys was very very obviously jacked from the image. Also, I use a turbine so the bomb/honeycomb I am not familiar with.

I think you are making too many assumptions about the integrity of members or "kiss asses". I would return yours as well. It sucks to do, but if you want one that works that's your only route. And many people on here have commented to the QC issues with the hydratubes and their frustration.
It's not user error when there is clearly a drop in standard in a very high standard product- that is an unreasonable assumption. Also if you're not familiar with the product why comment ??

I also had the turbine which was faulty - I managed to give that back . I chose the Bomb to avoid the same issue and I got a product that looks half the size . It is not user error when the water has to go halfway up the can for the perc to fire - that isn't right. I don't want to give this one back as I feel that my retailer already did me a favor swapping my other faulty one- I would just like to know why this is happening to such a good product.

I will admit my comment was a bit harsh regarding the kiss asses aspect- it was out of frustration. But looking at this thread is very strange that no one even cared to ask what was with the drop in QC ? Only when it happens to them then uproar starts. When I brought it up I was made to feel like a hostile jerk .

GameEnders

It's not user error when there is clearly a drop in standard in a very high standard product- that is an unreasonable assumption. Also if you're not familiar with the product why comment ??

I also had the turbine which was faulty - I managed to give that back . I chose the Bomb to avoid the same issue and I got a product that looks half the size . It is not user error when the water has to go halfway up the can for the perc to fire - that isn't right. I don't want to give this one back as I feel that my retailer already did me a favor swapping my other faulty one- I would just like to know why this is happening to such a good product.

I will admit my comment was a bit harsh regarding the kiss asses aspect- it was out of frustration. But looking at this thread is very strange that no one even cared to ask what was with the drop in QC ? Only when it happens to them then uproar starts. When I brought it up I was made to feel like a hostile jerk .

I'm commenting because you are calling people kiss asses and I was trying to explain why that was unreasonable. If I saw a picture of your hydratube and the other persons with the very crooked perc the other one is way more obvious. Not sure how far back through the thread you have gone, but many people have commented on getting subpar hydratubes and their frustration, but his you can tell how bad it is from the picture immediately.

I would be pretty frustrated too, but I say work with VapeXhale, I've been through their support and it seemed pretty good.

Another suggestion is other people have posted chydratubes they have had success with, I would recommend ordering one immediately while working with support. Not that you should have to do this, but there is a few positives to help a bad situation.

1. You have a backup if the expensive one breaks
2. You have one to use with friends with less to worry about
3. If VapeXhale fubars another hydratube you have one while waiting on more support
4. Your partner can be allowed to use the vapexhale when you aren't home (lol)
5. It would provide a different vapor experience for you to try out

Here are the two I have seen regularly, both look pretty awesome and one comes with a hydrafoot for barely more money then buying the hydrafoot from VXH. They're about 30 bucks.

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product...ube-9-5-inches-bubbler/372671070.html#ctabBox

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product...-glass-bong-mouthpiece/262624940.html#ctabBox

EDIT: Mangos, awesome avatar. Sucks the rematch got dropped :/

GameEnders,

420democrat

So I've wanted a Evo forever. I've been waiting for a used one to pop up but not much luck yet which I suppose is a good sign. Only desktop I've owned was a da Buddha and it gave thick tasty vapor but the whip was a turn off and it was a humongous herb hog.

Guess my questions is for somebody that vapes all day every day talking about 1.5-3Gs a day, usually all through portables where would the Evo line up for me? How's the taste/ effects vs say my mighty/crafty/firefly/haze/vapcap

Also how good is the cloud with your own glass and not a hydratube I've read tons of mixed things in a lot of different places and rather not play the lottery for such an expensive glass piece if I can order the starter pack and use my mflb orbiter or other cheap waterpipe instead
Just not sure how the whole hydratube thing would be better or not?

Also what's the cheapest I can get this vape out the door brand new? I'm looking at 349.99 for starter or 100$ more for the vape and a hydratube

420democrat,

Mangos

I'm commenting because you are calling people kiss asses and I was trying to explain why that was unreasonable. If I saw a picture of your hydratube and the other persons with the very crooked perc the other one is way more obvious. Not sure how far back through the thread you have gone, but many people have commented on getting subpar hydratubes and their frustration, but his you can tell how bad it is from the picture immediately.

I would be pretty frustrated too, but I say work with VapeXhale, I've been through their support and it seemed pretty good.

Another suggestion is other people have posted chydratubes they have had success with, I would recommend ordering one immediately while working with support. Not that you should have to do this, but there is a few positives to help a bad situation.

1. You have a backup if the expensive one breaks
2. You have one to use with friends with less to worry about
3. If VapeXhale fubars another hydratube you have one while waiting on more support
4. Your partner can be allowed to use the vapexhale when you aren't home (lol)
5. It would provide a different vapor experience for you to try out

Here are the two I have seen regularly, both look pretty awesome and one comes with a hydrafoot for barely more money then buying the hydrafoot from VXH. They're about 30 bucks.

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product...ube-9-5-inches-bubbler/372671070.html#ctabBox

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product...-glass-bong-mouthpiece/262624940.html#ctabBox

EDIT: Mangos, awesome avatar. Sucks the rematch got dropped :/

I have been pretty far back in this thread and I was one of the first few to express concern for the drop in quality. Here was my last comparison of my ht and another members :
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud-evo.11357/page-456#post-952226

Me calling out members for being kiss asses- for not bringing up the issue was unfair, childish and out of frustration. I have edited my original comment to convey this.

I definitely agree about getting a backup piece of glass, I have both those pieces and they're great substitutes.

Does suck about the rematch, but I do think Mcgregor needs to fight a few people at featherweight first. The whole division can't just wait for the dude to have a rematch.

YungLeaner

I think it's less people ass-kissing than it is people being slow to believe that a trusted company could have a drop in product quality. But it's not a coincidence that the price dropped a few hundred dollars and then people started getting shitty hydratubes. The vape is still one of the best in the game, my advice is to just never buy their glass with it anymore as DHgate will do you a world of good in that regard. If you can get your hands on an evolver tube, go for it--my OG vxl hydrabomb had a perc just as good as Mobius, if not better. But it just isn't up to snuff from what I've seen...and not just vs. American glass. Below chinese standards IMO, check out the fab eggs and other types of recyclers CleanClearGlass has been making. I bet they could make a hydratube for 60-70 that far, far outstripped current VXL standards

KennyPowers

So far I've been remarkably unimpressed by how the company is ran.
I've never waited so long to have a product not even ship yet.

their reps had me wait a whole extra month because I was told there would be a great 420 sale..
So many complaints about glass I didn't dare order the glass from the company so I just got the basic unit.

It's one thing to design a product and it's another thing to run a company.
Maybe they're waiting for someone to return a faulty evo so they can scrap it for parts and build me a refurbished one :lol:

I remember reading about that scandal in this thread.

gaseous_clay

Regarding the quality, my 2 cents:

I completely understand VXL's frustration with people buying cheap, Chinese glass instead of what they sell. When the price of a HT is $300 (what they used to be) it is easy to look at $40 Chinese glass and see the value of getting something that may be poorly designed & manufactured as a major bargain. It is obvious that they made a change in order to half the price, and that has resulted in some pieces shipped that should never have been.

My advice to VXL (for what it's worth)

You have a great product in the Cloud EVO. I bought mine based on the number of positive reviews not only on the function, but the customer service as well. As has been mentioned, the EVO isn't really a money maker. The glass sales basically keep the company afloat. The new glass seems to be the top (practically only) source of negative reviews. This shines a bad light on the company. So...

1. Inspect the shit out of anything being shipped to a customer. If you look at it & wouldn't buy it yourself, don't ship it.

2. Increase your glassware options. Three HT's @$150 each isn't a great variety, particularly when all three look very similar when pictured alone. (I honestly thought they were all the same with different percs until I saw a pic of a couple next to each other and saw the sizing is actually different!) I think a good idea might be to have a "basic" line of HT's at the current price range + some at $250-$300 (a "Premium" line) with occasional limited edition releases like the Symbiartic Chandelier. Maybe work some deals like head shops with some excellent glass companies. I would have gladly bought my new Mobius through VXL if it was an option.

Basically, people like glass. The more options people have, the more they want to buy. More options = more traffic = more sales.

Glass that is laughably bad shouldn't be acceptable to a customer and it shouldn't be acceptable to a company putting its name on it. Inspect it & anything that doesn't pass you don't pay the blower for. Anybody who would expect you to pay wholesale & pass it on to your customer isn't worth dealing with.

YungLeaner

So far I've been remarkably unimpressed by how the company is ran.
I've never waited so long to have a product not even ship yet.

their reps had me wait a whole extra month because I was told there would be a great 420 sale..
So many complaints about glass I didn't dare order the glass from the company so I just got the basic unit.

It's one thing to design a product and it's another thing to run a company.
Maybe they're waiting for someone to return a faulty evo so they can scrap it for parts and build me a refurbished one :lol:

I remember reading about that scandal in this thread.
Lol, I need mine repaired and was looking at sending it in...this could be your big break

ean

Just checking in here after having my evo for a little over a week. Thing works fantastic. Recently however, ive been putting my grasshopper silicone mouthpiece over the end, to put into one of my 14mm pipes. I then used it with the regular hydratube, and noticed im getting way more hits and more vapor out of it. I'm guessing joint on the tube may be a little too big. Besides that this thing is an absolute tank and i love it.

ean,

BlackDog

I should be getting my Cloud Evo within the next 48 hours along with Honeycomb Hydratube (Kinda feel like i should've put in another $150 for the double swagger hydratube instead)
I'll come back with some pictures of quality. This will be exported stock though, but it will be interesting to compare pre 420 sale to post 420 sale.

BlackDog,

gaseous_clay

I should be getting my Cloud Evo within the next 48 hours along with Honeycomb Hydratube (Kinda feel like i should've put in another $150 for the double swagger hydratube instead)
I'll come back with some pictures of quality. This will be exported stock though, but it will be interesting to compare pre 420 sale to post 420 sale.
You should have. The Swagger Double is a fantastic piece. (It was my first!)

When did they have a Double for sale? I haven't seen it on VXL since last year. If you can still get it, you won't regret it.

gaseous_clay,

UnidenWallet

If vapexhale wants to make money, then they should sell their own Chinese-made Hydratubes for $50 and profit off of that; instead of letting that money go to China.

They're relying on customers to drop another $100-$150 into the base price for an American Hydratube.

Leave the American hydratubes at their price for the people who are serious about wanting good glass. Theyre connoisseurs and theres a market for them. But vapeXhale also needs to have an economical option for the consumer on a budget.

At least it will drive all the money towards VapeXhale instead of going out to China through DHgate. By not having a cheap hydratube available, they're letting people overseas take advantage of it and of course it's vapexhale's fault for not doing some to prevent it.

I would spend $50 on vapeXhale.com for the same hydratube you can get on DHGate for $30. The extra twenty bucks isn't going to bother me, knowing that I don't have to wait for it to ship from China and all that extra waiting. But ask me to add another $100 and I feel like you're shooting me in the foot.

In closing notes: If they can't make me spend $100, they should at least try to make me spend $50. But no, they're highballing themselves.

Last edited:

BlackDog

You should have. The Swagger Double is a fantastic piece. (It was my first!)

When did they have a Double for sale? I haven't seen it on VXL since last year. If you can still get it, you won't regret it.

Oh it's just stock they exported, I'm just getting it from a re-seller. It was priced at $300AUD ($228USD).

I just hope the cloud evo + honeycomb blows away my EQ.

YungLeaner

If vapexhale wants to make money, then they should sell their own Chinese-made Hydratubes for $50 and profit off of that; instead of letting that money go to China.

They're relying on customers to drop another $100-$150 into the base price for an American Hydratube.

Leave the American hydratubes at their price for the people who are serious about wanting good glass. Theyre connoisseurs and theres a market for them. But vapeXhale also needs to have an economical option for the consumer on a budget.

At least it will drive all the money towards VapeXhale instead of going out to China through DHgate. By not having a cheap hydratube available, they're letting people overseas take advantage of it and of course it's vapexhale's fault for not doing some to prevent it.

I would spend $50 on vapeXhale.com for the same hydratube you can get on DHGate for $30. The extra twenty bucks isn't going to bother me, knowing that I don't have to wait for it to ship from China and all that extra waiting. But ask me to add another $100 and I feel like you're shooting me in the foot.

In closing notes: If they can't make me spend $100, they should at least try to make me spend $50. But no, they're highballing themselves.
I love this idea and often wish that more American companies would think about working with Chinese blowers openly instead of keeping the glass industry such a cloak and dagger type of environment for the consumer. But as far as shipping goes Vapexhale is notorious in this thread for charging absurd shipping markups and then taking forever to send it by ground. Once took 2.5 weeks for me to get 4 ELBs from the website. So I'm not sure if the logistics would improve that much. Lol

YungLeaner,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The issue with the hydrabomb is the perc itself is not of inconsistent standard . The ones which work fine have a small matrix perc and a large can, the ones which tend to shoot water up the neck- have a small can and a large perc . Meaning you have to fill the water a certain level for the perc to fire sometimes leading to water shooting up the neck and into the mouth. If they tried it once they would see it was a design flaw and rectify it.

This is a great analysis! Have you contacted vxl about it?

But as far as shipping goes Vapexhale is notorious in this thread for charging absurd shipping markups and then taking forever to send it by ground.

I agree the shipping times can sometimes get long (see @KennyPowers above), but since I've been shipping vapes in the US I can't say I think they charge a lot. I know just the postage and insurance charges to ship a miniVAP in the US come to over $18, and it's a smaller unit without glass.

stickstones,

Mangos

This is a great analysis! Have you contacted vxl about it?

I agree the shipping times can sometimes get long (see @KennyPowers above), but since I've been shipping vapes in the US I can't say I think they charge a lot. I know just the postage and insurance charges to ship a miniVAP in the US come to over $18, and it's a smaller unit without glass.

I did not contact VXL because I honestly don't think they would listen to one customer. They've had many complaints about the quality of glass - so why would one customer who they would just assume to be disgruntled have any effect on them ? I think you would have more influence on this @stickstones - they value your opinion and seem to be the collective voice for us customers this community .

@gaseous_clay Completely agree with you. Problem is that as I am an international customer - I paid over $650 for my unit and I received stock that was meant for a product that was being reduced in price.

shaolinmilk

@Mangos Yeah I seen your post a few weeks back; I'm not sure if I commented, but your hydratube looks too short/stubby. It doesn't look like mine (Christmas sale) and mine isn't nearly as tall as the second picture in your post. I would contact VXL if I were you... things were already not good with QC before the Christmas sale and it seems like it's gotten worst.

@420democrat I can answer you. It destroys all portables in taste (Not sure about FF2) and will get you higher than any portable when paired with a hydratube. Ever since I got the EVO, my Mighty got it's much needed break (From 6+ sessions a day to about 1-2). I always turn my EVO on right away once I get home from work and let it heat soak for about 20 minutes. I feel like it's too easy to hit from... like you will end up using more herb because you will want to keep on toking and toking and toking... and eventually you'll be too high and want to sleep.

GameEnders

Regarding the quality, my 2 cents:

I completely understand VXL's frustration with people buying cheap, Chinese glass instead of what they sell. When the price of a HT is $300 (what they used to be) it is easy to look at $40 Chinese glass and see the value of getting something that may be poorly designed & manufactured as a major bargain. It is obvious that they made a change in order to half the price, and that has resulted in some pieces shipped that should never have been.

My advice to VXL (for what it's worth)

You have a great product in the Cloud EVO. I bought mine based on the number of positive reviews not only on the function, but the customer service as well. As has been mentioned, the EVO isn't really a money maker. The glass sales basically keep the company afloat. The new glass seems to be the top (practically only) source of negative reviews. This shines a bad light on the company. So...

1. Inspect the shit out of anything being shipped to a customer. If you look at it & wouldn't buy it yourself, don't ship it.

2. Increase your glassware options. Three HT's @$150 each isn't a great variety, particularly when all three look very similar when pictured alone. (I honestly thought they were all the same with different percs until I saw a pic of a couple next to each other and saw the sizing is actually different!) I think a good idea might be to have a "basic" line of HT's at the current price range + some at $250-$300 (a "Premium" line) with occasional limited edition releases like the Symbiartic Chandelier. Maybe work some deals like head shops with some excellent glass companies. I would have gladly bought my new Mobius through VXL if it was an option.

Basically, people like glass. The more options people have, the more they want to buy. More options = more traffic = more sales.

Glass that is laughably bad shouldn't be acceptable to a customer and it shouldn't be acceptable to a company putting its name on it. Inspect it & anything that doesn't pass you don't pay the blower for. Anybody who would expect you to pay wholesale & pass it on to your customer isn't worth dealing with.

Lol good timing. Symbiartic chandellier now available. 499$

http://www.vapexhale.com/collection...QU2cuq3H48mlHjRzWp0o7Vmj5Ot_yA&_hsmi=28974823

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Vapexhaliens!!!! Thank you very much for a very, very successful 420 holiday weekend. I hope everyone had a great time with friends and family. I wanted to just pop in and say that if you got a piece of defective glass recently, just contact support@vapexhale.com and we will take care of you. As the team and volume grows, the glass remains the one part that is still hand made and one where we need to continuously train new employees how to properly inspect glass before passing them. This will be a continous project to ensure that as our volume goes up, quality stays consistent. As I stated earlier, any glass issue, we will gladly take care of, just contact us at support@vapexhale.com

Justpassedu

Vapexhaliens!!!! Thank you very much for a very, very successful 420 holiday weekend. I hope everyone had a great time with friends and family. I wanted to just pop in and say that if you got a piece of defective glass recently, just contact support@vapexhale.com and we will take care of you. As the team and volume grows, the glass remains the one part that is still hand made and one where we need to continuously train new employees how to properly inspect glass before passing them. This will be a continous project to ensure that as our volume goes up, quality stays consistent. As I stated earlier, any glass issue, we will gladly take care of, just contact us at support@vapexhale.com
Thank you for some clarification , wondering why your elb's are now coming to allot of with a very loose fitment. This pretty much stops us from inverting the evo and also from getting quality dense hits as the screens tend to rise from airflow when hitting the evo and extraction is not as pronounced. I know my original screens are perfect with no fitment issues but the new ones being received have not been up to par. Your customer service has been great and handling the problem but I am wondering what your take on it is ?

Justpassedu,

covercash

Cloud EVO + MFLBPA
I saw that in the email... but $500 plus shipping plus tax for me. It ain't gonna happen.

Maybe they have a deformed one they'd like to get off their hands... not even seconds, I'm talking like fourths or fifths :p

covercash,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So I just got an email back saying that Vapexhale will send me another Turbine as soon as they receive mine back.
This works for me and I will send it back to them no problem. I'm not trying to get something for free so It's fine they want it back and are concerned with packing to ensure that the "Wonky" HT makes it back to them in one piece. But my question is since they are adamant about this messed up glass making it back to them intact, who get's it next?

The last piece of american glass I bought that was damaged, I sent them a quick pic of the problem, they said "sorry, our bad we are sending you out another one ASAP". In this scenario I have to send this back, wait for them to get it, wait for them to get around to sending another one out, Then I have to take ANOTHER day off work to sign for the Fed-Ex Package. And for my trouble I get...The turbine I was supposed to get in the first place. Nothing extra. Ok, I can live with that.

Obviously since VXH is willing to spend money to have this thing returned to them instead of just saying "Use it, smash it, do whatever and we will send you another". They intend on selling it in the next "Sale" to one of you guys. I almost think I should put a tiny mark on it somewhere just so we can laugh when it shows back up again!
I really am shocked they are asking for this POS back. I wish they would let me smash it before returning to make sure this doesn't happen!

Plus they know that the package I bought didn't include a dry mouthpiece or any other way to use the Evo so they are rendering it useless for at least another week and a half for the process to pan out. Bare minimum they should let me use the bad HT until the good HT comes in and then send it back to them. Me being put out for another possibly 2 weeks isn't a good solution for me, just for them. Vapexhale QC and CS sucks ass so far, but at least I will get a different HT eventually. I apologize in advance to the sucker they resell this one to.

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Obviously since VXH is willing to spend money to have this thing returned to them instead of just saying "Use it, smash it, do whatever and we will send you another". They intend on selling it in the next "Sale" to one of you guys.

That's a reach. I don't know why they want it back, but every business is different. Maybe they get credit for shitty glass when they return them...I don't know. But I certainly can't agree that their intent is to send that piece of shit out to someone else.

Top Bottom