Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Czechyourhead

Hmmm that's not good about the nail. You sure your bamboo isn't cracked or something? I had a similar incident with the glowing bamboo and my VXN's still fit perfect

I do not see a crack in the bamboo. I'm pretty freaked out that it was hot enough to cause the glass to warp/bend. They stop about the same size as the upper lip of the VXN.

Czechyourhead,

grokit

well-worn member
It sounds like the bamboo at least deformed from the heat if it's not cracked.

grokit,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Doesn't the Herbalizer get up to temp in a few seconds? I know that I can get my Lotus up to vaping temps within a few seconds. :D
Yessir. I believe my Versa can too but I'll let it be. I don't want to derail the thread. They're all great vapes in my book. :tup:

lazylathe

Almost there...
This just arrived in the mail today!!!
This thing ROCKS!!!
Watching vapor swirls in the dome is cool!
Nice smooth hits while relaxing in a chair, what a way to end the week!
A few Elbs of White Rhino should see the weeks pains evaporate away....

Bought off iOffer from a glassblower, custom order for $25.

2014-07-04190823_zps23c0b3e2.jpg

lazylathe

Almost there...
I am really enjoying the whip at the moment.
I seem to be able to get a fuller and easier extraction with this set up.

With my HT I still have green specs left in the ABV, with the whip it is fully medium brown.

I still alternate between all my Wt's though!

Starless

And bible black
I am really enjoying the whip at the moment.
I seem to be able to get a fuller and easier extraction with this set up.

With my HT I still have green specs left in the ABV, with the whip it is fully medium brown.

I still alternate between all my Wt's though!

Weird. My abv had always been uniform and I've only used it with my HT. :\
A big improvement on my always-speckled dbv bowls.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Weird. My abv had always been uniform and I've only used it with my HT. :\
A big improvement on my always-speckled dbv bowls.

I have issues with creating that constant draw with my WT's.
I know the EVO can do it effortlessly because @biohacker had no issues getting a constant dark brown ABV from my EVO.

Different strokes for different folks!

I like experimenting with different options, makes it more of a fun experience when medicating.

poonman

Introducing the the evo-cano :spliff:

vC5O5pL.jpg

RepWivF.jpg

JExuieK.jpg

6siTEKC.jpg

Takes about 30 seconds :tup:

Awesome grokit :clap:

I remember someone doing this with a fish tank pump , maybe in the older Cloud thread . Except he didn't attach a bag , he just used a whip .iirc
But he showed how the vapors came pouring out , spraying like a fire hose
I think your bag Hidea will help conserve .:tup:

I'm STILL so freakin STOKED ...

grokit

well-worn member
If you have experience with the volcano; how does it compare?
I don't have any experience with the volcano, although I would love to try it sometime. But from what I read it fills bags of a similar size in the ~same amount of time, around 30 seconds.

I Especially like the cotton for reclaim
It's actually de-gummed hemp fibers but same principle :tup:

FYI I tried a pretty large fish pump and it didn't have the power. Consulted with @OF and he recommended that same pump. Great minds think alike. @grokit nice work I love the use of herbalizer bag
Thanks for all of your nice words :)

I bought that pump recently as a backup for my hydro garden, and even though it's the same model it's slightly bigger and comes with the pictured 6-way manifold instead of the 4-way that came with the older version. Because it's bigger I thought I bought the wrong one, the specs seem to be intentionally obtuse and difficult to compare without the old box so I will have to see if the this new one draws more watts or what because it would seem to be more powerful.

The reason I am mentioning this is because this new one gave me a pump taste and a bit of a headache (after three bags), so next time I do this I will use the older slightly less powerful pump because it's well broken in and may offer a cleaner taste. Also this bigger one will replace three hydro pumps with its 6-way manifold so I should save a bit of electricity in my garden.
:tup:The old air pump is rated at 13 watts, this new one draws (to come with an edit).

edit: Both pumps measure at 22 watts, but the new pump definitely seems more powerful in actual usage. The old pump ran quite hot and was on a cheater plug, one definite difference with the new model pump is that it does not run at all with the cheater plug, hopefully it will run cooler. I think this will be a good switch on both the vape and the hydro front1

Last edited:

Salazar

Hi, the Cloud EVO is my very first vape (couldn't pass up the Massdrop deal), and I had a few questions about cleaning and maintenance before it actually arrives.

I've seen lots of talk of brushes, high pressure water blasts, ultrasonic cleaners... What is a fairly simple but complete kit I should use to clean the ELBs and hydratubes? Are all these ultra high tech cleaners that much more helpful?

Basically treat me like an idiot, and link me to some things that would be ideal for cleaning. The only thing I have at the moment is some isopropyl alcohol.

This just arrived in the mail today!!!
This thing ROCKS!!!
Watching vapor swirls in the dome is cool!
Nice smooth hits while relaxing in a chair, what a way to end the week!
A few Elbs of White Rhino should see the weeks pains evaporate away....

Bought off iOffer from a glassblower, custom order for $25.
That looks really cool. Is there any place online I could get some similar glass without making a custom order? If not, what were the exact specs you gave to the glassblower? Also, where did you get the whip?

lazylathe

Almost there...
That looks really cool. Is there any place online I could get some similar glass without making a custom order? If not, what were the exact specs you gave to the glassblower? Also, where did you get the whip?

I bought it off ioffer, look for oreganglassblower and just ask him to make it to your specs.
Easy as that!

Oh and it rocks at low temps!!!
I am down to 1PM on the dial now, used to be 3PM plus all the time to get dark brown ABV.
Flavour is better and the temps are down so big hits just keep coming in nice and smooth!

Since this guy arrived all my vapes have been WT free, kind of odd...

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Hi, the Cloud EVO is my very first vape (couldn't pass up the Massdrop deal), and I had a few questions about cleaning and maintenance before it actually arrives.

I've seen lots of talk of brushes, high pressure water blasts, ultrasonic cleaners... What is a fairly simple but complete kit I should use to clean the ELBs and hydratubes? Are all these ultra high tech cleaners that much more helpful?

Basically treat me like an idiot, and link me to some things that would be ideal for cleaning. The only thing I have at the moment is some isopropyl alcohol.

Welcome to FC, @Salazar!

There are many methods of cleaning described in this thread and probably more in the original Cloud thread. I venture to guess that most of us go pretty simple. Here's one method: A small brush like what is used to apply mascara or these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004ZB4K work fine to clean the ELB after a session. Depending on how heavily used your ELB's are, you will eventually get build-up in the ELB pores. Then you can soak the ELB's in 91% ISO a few hours or overnight. Wash the ISO out using a drop of dishwasher soap or similar, thoroughly rinse, let dry.

The HT's are more complicated and obviously call for a lot of care since they're glass. Again, many methods described here. Personally I don't let resin build up in mine, so I don't use one of the heavier cleaning agents like PBW anymore. I have a simple container (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00442SK0W) which I keep filled with Simple Green (the 5 gallon is cheap). I can fit 2 HT's in this container, I've used similar just as good. An overnight soak cleans thoroughly. I rinse in a small sink cushioned at bottom (like the rubber mat used for washing dishes, or a large wash cloth will do) to protect the glass, and rinse it thoroughly several times. (There is a little set-up you can make with tubing, faucet adapter, and plug that @t-dub invented that works great; don't have a link at the moment but @t-dub will probably post it when he sees this. :) )

As far as attaching a whip, I've done that and it's cool for leisurely sipping, but of course HT atop EVO is the natural way. I wouldn't be in any rush to add a whip. That said, can either find one that comes with another vape (just browse an online store), or you can make one of your own with a mouthpiece, short length of silicon tubing, and a whip hose GonG adapter (those are usually male, so you might need the whip adapter plus a 18mm female/female adapter). Here is a whip hose adapter sold by ALT http://aqualabtechnologies.com/glas...-lab-tech-18-mm-glass-vapor-hose-adapter.html , you can get the others items here, too (btw they have a sale on till the 20th, but it's pretty easy to find this stuff at various online vape/glass shops.)

Last edited:

Salazar

Thanks, those seem like good ideas. Any particular reason you use 91% ISO instead of 99%?

And yeah I probably won't get a whip for a while, but I was just curious.

Salazar,
Top Bottom