Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
I hope my EVO will have a temp spectrum similar to my OG. Something about only using 2+ would be challenging to get used to.

10:30 thin blue vapor
12:00 thicker blue nearly white vapor
1:30 thick white vapor
3:00 white vapor so thick it looks like Combustion

Does anyone with an EVO received in last few days have a full spectrum like above?

Both my units have a continuum pretty much like the above. I'm still experimenting, but it's looking like 1:30 will be the sweet spot. I'd go lower for better taste but my herb quality is just not that great, so I just go for max extraction, at ~1:30-2:00, with maybe a last scrape-the-barrel finish hit at 3.

darkrom

Great Scott!
darkrom, for pain management try and leave the ELB loaded in the bamboo for a while with the EVO hot to raise radiation/conduction a bit and increase CBNs. I think that might work.

From what SM said, there are slight differences in the knob position and how it relates to temperature as you problably know.

I'll try that. Yeah nob position means nothing to me, thats why I'm willing to buy an IR thermometer if other "pain experts" want to share what number works for them. I'd suggest we need to find a "standard" place of measuring temps on each unit as well. I'll get a good one sometime soon. Maybe next pay check.

Its going to be hard to get used to the variances in temp, but not BAD thing. Like the difference between 12 and 3 seems to be a huge difference for a relatively small range. With time I'll dial it in, I'm just pre-trained with old habits from the ticker lol.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Both my units have a continuum pretty much like the above. I'm still experimenting, but it's looking like 1:30 will be the sweet spot. I'd go lower for better taste but my herb quality is just not that great, so I just go for max extraction, at ~1:30-2:00, with maybe a last scrape-the-barrel finish hit at 3.
Mine seems similar... rather than "blue" vapor at 10:30, I'd just say it was flavorful, with faint wispy vapor.
I get great vapor at about 1:30. 3 was used last night for sleep purposes.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Got to finally try out the new EVO last night...and overall it is quite impressive. :)

Filled 2 ELB's a little less than half full with a 50/50 mix of PlushBerry & Cheese Candy...

First off...damn that thing is light next to my old ticker! :nod:

Okay...now that I have that out of the way...I fired up the EVO, set it to 3 o'clock, then when green, dialed back to 10. I mainly use an OG Evolver HydraCirc for my HT. Set that on top and took one of my normal pulls. Lot of whistling going on...not something I am used to with the OG unit. I started to draw faster and the whistle subsided. On exhale, just the slightest of wisps...but the flavor is incredible! Better than the OG.

Dialed it up to 11 for the next hit. A few more wisps...still the great flavor.

Went to 12 & started to get thin clouds...still the flavor is great...there seems to be more extraction with the EVO & the flavors are not only more pronounced, but there are a few more subtle flavors I have not experienced before with these two strains...I like!:tup:

Moved up to 1 & then 2 on the dial to finish cashing out the ELB. LOTS of vapor at 1 and especially at 2 o'clock. Grabbed the other ELB and started at 12 & did the finish at 3 this time. Wow...was I blasted! :o

So...to sum up this first use mini-review...

There is nothing I don't like about the EVO...so far...

It seems to extract better
The flavors are more pronounced with additional subtle flavors
It is lighter than my OG ticker
I definitely got my ass kicked more than with the ticker! It felt almost like a session feels
when I add a little blond hash to the mix on occasion...very nice!

Things to get used to...

The lightness of the unit
The "damn" whistle...though with a stronger pull, it disappears
The "slightly" more restrictive pull

Obviously, more experiments need to be run...I will update in the days ahead.:cool:

GREAT job SM & the gang...love this thing. Hardest part will be relegating the OG ticker to backup.:(

b0

Cloudy...
I hope my EVO will have a temp spectrum similar to my OG. Something about only using 2+ would be challenging to get used to.

10:30 thin blue vapor
12:00 thicker blue nearly white vapor
1:30 thick white vapor
3:00 white vapor so thick it looks like Combustion

Does anyone with an EVO received in last few days have a full spectrum like above?

IMO this should be the perfect cloud. My Cloud+ is almost like that and I hope my EVO works the same :)

b0,
Reactions: M00NEY

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I have noticed that some wt's will allow me to blow bigger clouds than others - even when using the same measured amount of vaporizables and the same vape and temp.

Could the differences in cloud production between the Evo and the clicker cloud be due to diff wt's being used?
yes, if inverted slightly more temp is needed w/ small loads (for complete extraction). also the mobius makes bigger clouds due to bigger can than my HT

Last edited:

arf777

No longer dogless
I remember when people complained about the ticking in the OG, even annoyed me a bit, but I'm still getting used to the EVO not doing it. I find I miss the background noise.

I confidently predict I will come to feel the same way about the EVO's "damn whistling", and if the next version doesn't have it many of us will miss it.

grokit

well-worn member
While I am quite low on material, through the kindness of a friend I got to try out the new firmware on my evo last night. It's a good strain, well cured. I turned it all the way up, and when it went green I put the dial at high noon. When it turned green again, I took a 1/3 full elb and shoved it in and turned the dial to 1:30. When it went green again I took my first draw through the early bird swaggertube.

The vapor was there and the color was white but it was not thick and it took me a few pulls to finish because of the lack of cloud density. Did it again with the dial at 2pm this time, and pretty much the same result maybe a little better. The avb was on the darker side of golden brown but far from chocolate-colored. But I felt well-medicated (in my head at least) at that point, so I gave it a rest.

Later in the evening, I took what was left in the grinder (25% of an elb this time, kind of keify) and turned the evo up to 3pm. Now that's what I'm talking about!
:science: The clouds were thick, and I was able to finish the load in a single draw.
Indeed, the avb was a nice even chocolate brown.

When I woke up in the middle of the night (as per usual), I put the golden avb from the first two bowls (made for a full elb), and started at 3pm, otherwise using the same cold start technique. I was able to get a few nice thick hits, slept like a baby after that! The avb was the same as above, perfect dark brown.
:zzz:

Fuck this text editor! I just lost some great insights because I hit undo and three paragraphs went away and there's no dogdamn redo.

But in a nutshell I would say that with the lighter-colored avb extraction, I was getting more of a head high/spaced-out, energized kind of buzz, while the full extraction was more of a body-buzz/sedated feeling. I trust SM when he says that my evo still gets hot enough at the top of the dial to do concentrates with the upcoming thingamagjig, and so far I'm very happy with the new firmware.

And props to vxc for giving me a $20 coupon code with the returned unit, that made up for my shipping cost and I have a set of 4 new elb's coming my way. Thanks!

Last edited:

Luv2Vape

My EVO has landed!! One quick question. I hear a small rattling sound when inverting my EVO like something very small is loose inside. Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't used it yet. The bamboo looks intact.

ynje.jpg
mzhf.jpg
q7lq.jpg
ljxi.jpg

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
My EVO has landed!! One quick question. I hear a small rattling sound when inverting my EVO like something very small is loose inside. Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't used it yet. The bamboo looks intact.

ynje.jpg
mzhf.jpg
q7lq.jpg
ljxi.jpg

plug the hole on the intake in the bottom and see if it is airtight. The only thing I can think of is that the bamboo got cracked in transit.

JoeKickass

The "damn" whistle...though with a stronger pull, it disappears
Ikr... the damn whistle totally kills the moment when you're watching a movie or just enjoying your normal, non-whistle-filled, day.
I still cannot get my EVO to whistle. What exactly is causing the whistle?
Wow I have epic EVO envy... I'll wait until they can get production perfected to match your ideal silent evo... I might just have to get a replacement ;)
if the next version doesn't have it many of us will miss it.
That's ok you can have mine :)
(sounds like an owl being compressed)

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I still cannot get my EVO to whistle. What exactly is causing the whistle?
I have a couple of ideas.
I hear the whistle more when I'm inverting on my bubbler. Less with the HT, though it is still there (just a long distance from my ear). I think the "pitch" of it depends on the fit of the GonG, coupled with the air intake turbulence/ELB/obstacle when you pull. I've heard the whistle on SM's video, too.

If you don't have certain pitches within your hearing range, and it isn't very loud, you MIGHT not be hearing it. Or, your pieces may have a better fit between bamboo/Gong.

Purely speculation on my part, as I play with my own.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
I've only tried my new EVO with an OG Evolver HydraCirc, and the whistle is quite loud and high pitched when I begin my draw, but as I increase the power of the draw it disappears completely. Barely ever got even the slightest whistle from my "ticker". Going to try it with my Ion Matrix tonight or tomorrow night...:)

Shrike,
Reactions: M00NEY

pittiserria

Truth Warrior
Hey guys
I'm an intl earlybird IGG contributer and am anxiously waiting for my EVO w/ straight neck tube with ice pinches.
Can anybody who has already received their EVO and also has the Arizer Solo let me know how different the experience with the EVO is compared to Solo+PVHEGong+Bong ?
If this was already answered I apologize, would appreciate the link for the discussion.

Thanks!

pittiserria,

stygian16

Sorry if I missed it earlier but the top of the unit is insanely hot...like if I try to ring my thumb and pointer around the top,skinny part it is much hotter than the og and cloud+. I have not moved it past 1:00. Hitting very very well just also very curious about the outer temperatures. Completely cool at the bottom, medium in the middle, and scorching at the top. It is also whistling using the hydra circ 2.0 for anyone curious about that.

stygian16,

WaxOnWaxOff

Hey guys
I'm an intl earlybird IGG contributer and am anxiously waiting for my EVO w/ straight neck tube with ice pinches.
Can anybody who has already received their EVO and also has the Arizer Solo let me know how different the experience with the EVO is compared to Solo+PVHEGong+Bong ?
If this was already answered I apologize, would appreciate the link for the discussion.

Thanks!

my experience is limited to the cloud+ but I've read the Evo is not too far off;

The Cloud+ produces much thicker, tastier, and smoother vapor than the solo. The draw is also very easy, so it makes for a much more pleasant experience compared to the Solo+PVHEGong+Bong. I do love the Solo though.

Another difference is that you can draw at any speed you like for the most part. No matter what you do it doesn't seem possible to cool the heater off from drawing air through it. It always seems to keep up no problem.

StonedMMA

That's been my experience so far. I like the look and feel of the unit. I love the removable cord. The weight is unreal. Once the temp issue gets worked out I think I am really going to enjoy this unit. I'm going to send it in within the next few business days. Hopefully my recalibrated unit will rock my world.

I wasn't going to quote your entire post but it seems your EVO is functioning the same as the unit I received. I put in a support ticket I figure they will get back to me sometime next week on the return procedures.

Top Bottom