Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I’m not as satisfied with my evo as I thought I would be. I was expecting this super hard hitting super tasty vape. But to be honest I’ve been having better results with my vapcaps vapman lotus underdog and woodscents. ive read damn near the entire thread. I let it heat soak and ive experimented with loads and draw speeds and given it plenty of time and effort. Is this expectable and I just had different expectations? Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great vaporizer and it’s very repeatable as far as effects, and the taste is great, but I expected a steadier hold of temp and a lot harder of hits. Maybe I just put it on a pedestal so high that it didn’t live up to expectation.

but yeah, it does taste great and gives great hits off of very little, I just expected something more. i still reach for the OG solo for the big rips over the evo........

maremaresing

I held unfairly high hopes for the vapexhale for like 8 years before I got it. It still demolished those expectations. Yesterday I exhaled and watched the cloud billow across the ceiling causing shadows. You know when you see people blowing onto tables under the light? That happened on the ceiling. Amazing. Effects are like "first time smoking".

So try higher temps? That's what your butane vapes are giving, for sure.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I’m not as satisfied with my evo as I thought I would be. I was expecting this super hard hitting super tasty vape. But to be honest I’ve been having better results with my vapcaps vapman lotus underdog and woodscents. ive read damn near the entire thread. I let it heat soak and ive experimented with loads and draw speeds and given it plenty of time and effort. Is this expectable and I just had different expectations? Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great vaporizer and it’s very repeatable as far as effects, and the taste is great, but I expected a steadier hold of temp and a lot harder of hits. Maybe I just put it on a pedestal so high that it didn’t live up to expectation.

but yeah, it does taste great and gives great hits off of very little, I just expected something more. i still reach for the OG solo for the big rips over the evo........
- What points on the dial are you using? Evo's are known for each unit having a potentially different temp when pointing to the same place on the dial but it still helps to understand the way the unit is being used.

- Are you using a bubbler and water, using it dry or maybe using a bubbler dry? I like the use of a bubbler and water or even just a dry bubbler because I can visually see how that draw is producing and adapt.

My Solos have a different vape signature than the Evo since the Solo is a hybrid (Let the usual hybrid debates begin!) and the Evo is as close to pure convection as you can get. The Solo and the Evo are both big producers for me and they both produce a similar vapor density but the vapor itself has a different signature and depending on which you're more in tune with may cause you to feel about the vapor differently.

Patm80

Just curious if anyone has ever modded their evo and used a PID controller with it? Would be great if I knew if and where the thermocouple was so I could wire that along with the wires to the coil to a separate box housing the PID controller. That way the temps would be a lot more consistent and there would be a digital display. Please let me know if anyone has done anything like this and how they went about it

maremaresing

I mean, it's convection, so temps are going to be all over the place based on draw speed, right?

To your point, it's basically a metal coil around the glass in there, similar to (and ahead of) many exposed coil desktops. If mine ever broke and the company couldn't fix it, I intend to make off the shelf parts work.

For me, I still don't like those exposed coil vapes. The EVO is much safer, and the ability to plop glass on top and use those awesome ELB are the selling point.

What I'm trying to say is you could probably do this if you wanted to void the warranty. Go find the pictures of the evo internals and see if it matches your ideas!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I’m not as satisfied with my evo as I thought I would be. I was expecting this super hard hitting super tasty vape. But to be honest I’ve been having better results with my vapcaps vapman lotus underdog and woodscents. ive read damn near the entire thread. I let it heat soak and ive experimented with loads and draw speeds and given it plenty of time and effort. Is this expectable and I just had different expectations? Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great vaporizer and it’s very repeatable as far as effects, and the taste is great, but I expected a steadier hold of temp and a lot harder of hits. Maybe I just put it on a pedestal so high that it didn’t live up to

Flavor chaser & medical these daze after recreational during confused goof-off decade’s?
The SOLO is a decent portable as OG old school compared with paper joint’s of different time’s!
Butane fire flame or box matches made of wood and sulfur like a LOTUS or “M’ B-4 DINNER?
HOWEVER THE EVO is like a decanter.
4-reading it pair’s well?
Just saying!

Patm80

I mean, it's convection, so temps are going to be all over the place based on draw speed, right?

To your point, it's basically a metal coil around the glass in there, similar to (and ahead of) many exposed coil desktops. If mine ever broke and the company couldn't fix it, I intend to make off the shelf parts work.

For me, I still don't like those exposed coil vapes. The EVO is much safer, and the ability to plop glass on top and use those awesome ELB are the selling point.

What I'm trying to say is you could probably do this if you wanted to void the warranty. Go find the pictures of the evo internals and see if it matches your

Yes I know the coil is over the outside of the glass bamboo as I've looked at a few dismantled tips. The unit stock has a chip inside just as other vapes do. As for fluctuations a pid controller is far better than the little chip they use to keep the temperature stable. The PID controller would not only give you more stable temperatures but it also has a self learning mode. That's the reason blacksmiths use them for kilns or retrofit toaster ovens with them to temper a blade. The evo is basically a tiny coil compared to an oven. The calculations from a decent PID controller far exceed the little chip in the stock evo. It calculates exactly how much power that coil needs to stay at the set temp and does it at such a rapid pace. It wouldn't matter how much you were inhaling because the PID can supply the power faster once it has reached temp. The coil is wrapped around the glass bamboo so no running air passes the coil anyway. Instead it passes straight through the glass bamboo. For me Just knowing what the temps are and what their doing in itself is a bonus. Then theres the memory in the pid controller so each session gets more and more accurate. To give you an idea a toaster oven for instance can fluctuate more than + or - 60 degrees Celsius from the set temp. Once you put in a thermocouple and PID controller that fluctuation drops to about 2 or 3 degrees Celsius, big difference. And that's with or without a fan inside and that's air hitting directly on the coils. If it was in the evo I wouldn't take the coil off of the glass bamboo. I'd try to find the existing thermocouple and hook those wires straight up to the thermocouple. If that was impossible I'd mount a thermocouple very close to the outside of the coil. Yes it would take up more space because of the box for the ink bird pid controller but it would be one hell of an accurate vape

And as for warranty the warranty is 1 year. I live in Australia and have owned the Unit for over 4 years. There is no warranty

Thanks for the help

maremaresing

I love everything you are saying. If you do this, please keep us updated along the way. Someday my evo will break/be out of warranty and I now never want to be without it. So I'll want to do something like this.

While I never have trouble outrunning the heater before the ELB is done, I can see this would increase vapor performance.

Patm80

I love everything you are saying. If you do this, please keep us updated along the way. Someday my evo will break/be out of warranty and I now never want to be without it. So I'll want to do something like this.

While I never have trouble outrunning the heater before the ELB is done, I can see this would increase vapor performance.
Will definitely keep you in the loop. And thanks

Patm80,
Reactions: ataxian

gaseous_clay

I have been in a non-posting, not here, looking occasionally but not posting in a while mood. I felt like posting something I am way more excited than I should be. I have always hated the power cable with my EVO. Been looking for a pliable, soft, braided cable for a while. Just looked for the first time in a while and found one! (Actually ordered two, since I have two EVO's...)

(sorry for the stock photo... i literally JUST ordered it. will give an update when I get them.)

image.png

Enialis

I'm getting ready to mail in my broken evo to have the glass repaired and was wondering what the average turn around time is?

Also, does anyone with both an evo and flowerpot find that the FP is as satisfying as the evo? I wasted a lot of money on vapes before getting my evo and then used it daily for 4 years before breaking it.
Inverting my evo is ultimately what damaged it but after a conversation with vapexhale support about getting my vape fixed and seeing if i had to do it before the ban they strongly implied that this might be my last chance to get it fixed (I put it off after covid hit but remained in regular contact about it).
Because my bamboo was already spinning before it broke im now worried that in 4 years when it starts spinning from daily use that there's a chance they won't be around to fix it.

so I'm shopping for a backup vape that hits as hard as the evo, any suggestions? Looking at the flowerpot weedeater right now. I'm looking for fast extraction through a waterpipe, not a session vape with the power and speed of the evo. I don't seem to like anything with an oven either, the only other vape I care for is my underdog and for all intents and purposes log vapes are just small wooden evos in terms of functionality.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm getting ready to mail in my broken evo to have the glass repaired and was wondering what the average turn around time is?

Also, does anyone with both an evo and flowerpot find that the FP is as satisfying as the evo? I wasted a lot of money on vapes before getting my evo and then used it daily for 4 years before breaking it.
Inverting my evo is ultimately what damaged it but after a conversation with vapexhale support about getting my vape fixed and seeing if i had to do it before the ban they strongly implied that this might be my last chance to get it fixed (I put it off after covid hit but remained in regular contact about it).
Because my bamboo was already spinning before it broke im now worried that in 4 years when it starts spinning from daily use that there's a chance they won't be around to fix it.

so I'm shopping for a backup vape that hits as hard as the evo, any suggestions? Looking at the flowerpot weedeater right now. I'm looking for fast extraction through a waterpipe, not a session vape with the power and speed of the evo. I don't seem to like anything with an oven either, the only other vape I care for is my underdog and for all intents and purposes log vapes are just small wooden evos in terms of functionality.
I had one of mine fixed by EVO and it took about five daz.
My 2nd one came in handy>
After my garden harvest the EVO is used da most of my collection.
3 foot COLAS = (top’s of da tree) is opulence if that’s your thing?

cvs8floz

I own both and use the FP almost exclusively, they are both capable of delivering monster hits so preference is purely personal. What tilts the scale in my case is the metal basket the EVO uses, I prefer the all glass vapor path setup available for the FP. I also don't like using my vapes upside down and find that there are fewer options for glass on the top (EVO) vs on the bottom (FP). I must say, though, that the EVO delivers one of the best first hits of any plug-in vaporizer, perfect blend of flavor and potency.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
-I bought my first EVO VapeXhale from the preorder Early Bird IndieGoGo 2013.

-I missed both EVOs, they are very very powerful desktops and flavorful vaporizers.
Top 5 for sure.

-EVO imho & experience was the desktop vaporizer that changed the world of convection desktop vaporizing around 2010-11?? starting with VapeXhale Cloud!!!

-At the moment I own 2x EVOs, but both need to be sent for service/repair.

-Bamboos spins, and they are 2013-14 respectively, so they both have the red-green blinking lights or solid red.

-EVO is still TOP 5 on my list.
Imho & e one of the ONLY cons of the EVO, is the loading basket system, ELB.
I vape above 2g daily, and I have access to quality flower since 2009. Oregon & Washington here.
ELBs are a little bit cumbersome compared to other simpler loading methods.
They are expensive and proprietary.
They tend to clog faster with heavy usage.
Second cons of an EVO is getting hot/fragility of the unit.
It does take a bit to reach heat soaked temperature, at least 15 minutes at MAX temperature on my old 2013-14 units.
Auto shut-off at 45 minutes is a big cons too.

-In general, EVO vaporizer has more pros than cons, making it a TOP 5 in my lineup.
I missed them since they broke.

-I’m not so sure about a PID controller being more precise than the EVO chip imho & e.
I believe this already was tried, and at the moment NO person has found a MORE precise PID chip than the one that controls the EVO.
And there’s has been enough years, 8 years to be exactly to be KNOCKED OFF and tryouts, but as I said before, NO person has done it yet.

-I’ll correct myself, at least at the moment, due to many physical and technical and others, I see it hard to mate a standard coil/PID system into the PROPIETARY chip/controller system of an EVO.

-I know of a person here that tried and managed to retrofit/fix/mod a few EVOs bamboos, with different heaters and coils and PIDs, but everything went to a halt, because it was NO WAY at the moment with the technology available, without breaking copyrights/patents etc etc, to repair or mod EVOs without making them worst or way more cumbersome than it already is for certain users.
Good luck to the person that is still trying.
If a solution is found, post it, I’ll be interested for sure.

- I’ve been using enails/PIDs since 2013.
At the moment I have 2x Double PIDs and 3x single PIDs, and I dare to say, unless I’m not using my PIDs correctly, or they aren’t being used as supposed to be used, the NV FP heads, they run out of power, if a load bowl is too big, the draw is too fast or for example, if you install a fan system, a la EQ/Volcano.
-Don’t get me wrong, my lungs CANNOT take more than a very big load/hit of a NV FP bowl, my inhales don’t go above the 40 seconds.
I average 20 seconds inhales. Still long inhales for many users, and a cloud that’ll choke any newbie.
But I can confirm that I’ve NEVER HAD the lung capacity to overrun an EVO heater, or perhaps the chip on the EVO heating system is SO GOOD and precise, that it can keep up with an infinity load bowl or NON stop back to back users ( meaning not even 1/2second of stop inhaling, not physically possible unless you find a giant ELB or retrofit a fan blowing system a la Volcano at the EVO airpath intake).

- To sum it up, VapeXhale EVO reached this design after YEARS of Seibo trying and experiencing and R&D.
If they didn’t get it then, what makes people think that they didn’t try it already, with different heaters systems and PIDs.
-There’s not retrofitting of certain designs!!!
-Certain systems are made for specific heaters and airflows.
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I own both and use the FP almost exclusively, they are both capable of delivering monster hits so preference is purely personal. What tilts the scale in my case is the metal basket the EVO uses, I prefer the all glass vapor path setup available for the FP. I also don't like using my vapes upside down and find that there are fewer options for glass on the top (EVO) vs on the bottom (FP). I must say, though, that the EVO delivers one of the best first hits of any plug-in vaporizer, perfect blend of flavor and potency.
In my case i was a recreational consumer since the daze & confused easy rider era!
2-daze medical consumer however taste is why the EVO attached me 2-it?
Medically it perform’s well!
Mary Poppin’s said: “A tea spoon of sugar make’s the medicine go down”!

MonkeyTime

I know this has been asked a thousand times, but...the whistle is normal, right? Mine has gotten louder since I bought it 6 months ago. It still hits good, although it requires a long hard draw.

Some amount of whistle is normal, I think each unit is a bit different, just like the temp dial. However, if you think either the draw or the whistle has changed, especially the draw, I'd check for obstructions or a dirty bamboo. Again, especially if you tried using concentrates in it, they can splatter out and they sit just above the first narrow neck in the bamboo. A bright light from below helps.

Mine whistles just above where I like the draw, if it starts to whistle, I slow down a bit.

Patm80

-I bought my first EVO VapeXhale from the preorder Early Bird IndieGoGo 2013.

-I missed both EVOs, they are very very powerful desktops and flavorful vaporizers.
Top 5 for sure.

-EVO imho & experience was the desktop vaporizer that changed the world of convection desktop vaporizing around 2010-11?? starting with VapeXhale Cloud!!!

-At the moment I own 2x EVOs, but both need to be sent for service/repair.

-Bamboos spins, and they are 2013-14 respectively, so they both have the red-green blinking lights or solid red.

-EVO is still TOP 5 on my list.
Imho & e one of the ONLY cons of the EVO, is the loading basket system, ELB.
I vape above 2g daily, and I have access to quality flower since 2009. Oregon & Washington here.
ELBs are a little bit cumbersome compared to other simpler loading methods.
They are expensive and proprietary.
They tend to clog faster with heavy usage.
Second cons of an EVO is getting hot/fragility of the unit.
It does take a bit to reach heat soaked temperature, at least 15 minutes at MAX temperature on my old 2013-14 units.
Auto shut-off at 45 minutes is a big cons too.

-In general, EVO vaporizer has more pros than cons, making it a TOP 5 in my lineup.
I missed them since they broke.

-I’m not so sure about a PID controller being more precise than the EVO chip imho & e.
I believe this already was tried, and at the moment NO person has found a MORE precise PID chip than the one that controls the EVO.
And there’s has been enough years, 8 years to be exactly to be KNOCKED OFF and tryouts, but as I said before, NO person has done it yet.

-I’ll correct myself, at least at the moment, due to many physical and technical and others, I see it hard to mate a standard coil/PID system into the PROPIETARY chip/controller system of an EVO.

-I know of a person here that tried and managed to retrofit/fix/mod a few EVOs bamboos, with different heaters and coils and PIDs, but everything went to a halt, because it was NO WAY at the moment with the technology available, without breaking copyrights/patents etc etc, to repair or mod EVOs without making them worst or way more cumbersome than it already is for certain users.
Good luck to the person that is still trying.
If a solution is found, post it, I’ll be interested for sure.

- I’ve been using enails/PIDs since 2013.
At the moment I have 2x Double PIDs and 3x single PIDs, and I dare to say, unless I’m not using my PIDs correctly, or they aren’t being used as supposed to be used, the NV FP heads, they run out of power, if a load bowl is too big, the draw is too fast or for example, if you install a fan system, a la EQ/Volcano.
-Don’t get me wrong, my lungs CANNOT take more than a very big load/hit of a NV FP bowl, my inhales don’t go above the 40 seconds.
I average 20 seconds inhales. Still long inhales for many users, and a cloud that’ll choke any newbie.
But I can confirm that I’ve NEVER HAD the lung capacity to overrun an EVO heater, or perhaps the chip on the EVO heating system is SO GOOD and precise, that it can keep up with an infinity load bowl or NON stop back to back users ( meaning not even 1/2second of stop inhaling, not physically possible unless you find a giant ELB or retrofit a fan blowing system a la Volcano at the EVO airpath intake).

- To sum it up, VapeXhale EVO reached this design after YEARS of Seibo trying and experiencing and R&D.
If they didn’t get it then, what makes people think that they didn’t try it already, with different heaters systems and PIDs.
-There’s not retrofitting of certain designs!!!
-Certain systems are made for specific heaters and airflows.
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!
Thanks for the input. Really appreciate it

Vapster707

So I luv my evo only desk top I have used up til today when my herborizer showed up ... So far 4 bowls in I'd say tha herborizer hits harder then tha evo ... Both are top tier desk top vapes ...

So I'd say look into tha herborizer ...

MonkeyTime

Major improvement over the standard power cable.

If you want to do the same, I found mine on amazon. Just search for "computer power cable braided."

IMG-6670.jpg

Did Amazon happen to specify the gauge wire the cord uses? I found a very flexible, 8' or 9' long cord w/ #12 wires which is great for what we're doing. It was an improvement over stock, but this may be over what I'm using!

gaseous_clay

It's been great. Haven't noticed anything other than increased flexibility. (and yep. that's the one!)

I do wish it was a little longer, since I could use a couple extra feet. So I ordered a 3-ft extension... braided, of course!

Didn't think about this when ordering, but it really makes storing much nicer.

IMG-6674.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom