Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

tom32

Does anybody use an herb ripper grinder? What grate size is best with the evo? Fine, medium, or coarse? Can’t figure out which to order. I’m after a stainless steel grinder.

tom32,

CANtalk

I'm also looking to purchase. So you think they'll have a mid-December sale, too?
Has anybody found solderless baskets for the evo? The official ones are built using food grade solder. There are a lot of unknowns right now about vaping and I'm trying to cut out risk wherever possible.
I saw your post mentioning you ordered one, congratulations! Let us how it goes and what you think. It's already sold out at VXL with the BF sale :rolleyes:.

FWIW, last year they had a mid-December sale. That's when I picked mine up.

[EDIT] I've read that the OEM ELBs for the EVO have no solder (put together by folding the SS materials together) but I've recently seen another post that it uses "food grade solder"... :shrug:; It's 316 SS too btw (I've now seen 304 SS mentioned as well). I've heard there are third party ELBs available but don't know if that's true or how they are made (or fit).

20% off sale now live on the website!
The EVO heater bases are already sold out :o.

Does anybody use an herb ripper grinder? What grate size is best with the evo? Fine, medium, or coarse? Can’t figure out which to order. I’m after a stainless steel grinder.
The EVO works well with any grind and for most people it comes down to personal preference. I like coarse grind in the EVO, it's more intact and maintains the trichomes better than fine grinding.

Last edited:
CANtalk,
Reactions: macbill

tom32

The EVO base units are already sold out :o.

Geez! I sure got lucky then. Not so much luck for another sale... 50% off a pair of headphones and the shop didn't send out an email the sale was starting... missed that one. Can't win 'em all I guess.

Flower has arrived. Now to wait for the Heir and the Evo... this will be my first vape after the dynavap which was harsh for me and I couldn't get down.

tom32,
Reactions: CANtalk

readyman

What is the base unit for evo with hydratube can you use a lynx for base then put hydratube on top of it for more water filteration

readyman,

CANtalk

What is the base unit for evo with hydratube can you use a lynx for base then put hydratube on top of it for more water filteration
? In case you're referencing the wording in my last post, I changed it to try to make it more clear, heater base.

CANtalk,

Socks And Sandals

Hey sorry I haven't posted. I gave up with the Dynavap.. sold it due to too much INCONSISTENCY, PROBLEMS AND JUST BEING A FUCKING CHORE TO USE. I could never see wanting to use a torch vape over an electric one since there are too many variables. I'm fucking done with it and I'm done with Dynavap for good. It would be one thing if the fucking thing worked every time like the Evo does (or any plug in unit for that matter) but it didn't for me at least not with the dual torch. I can't believe I wasted all that money on a torch vape but hey.. you live and learn. I should have just got the M. No matter what I do, I don't get big clouds constantly.. and no matter what I tried I couldn't dial it in right.. even after 2 weeks of minor use. I bought this fucking thing in case the power goes out again so I wouldn't have to combust. Well I decided to end the frustration I was having with the over rated Dynavap and come back to my evo.. Which gives me even consistent hits every time.. Unlike the Dynavap guessing game. I'll never understand the following this piece of metal has... but whatever I'm done with the Dynavap. I prefer not playing a guessing game when I vape! :bang: I could have bought an E nano again or put this money aside towards a Mighty or Flowerpot! I'm so pissed.. I have NO IDEA why this thing is loved so much and never will.. Even moreso why anyone would prefer using a lighter to a digital or even analog dial in. It just defies all logic and comprehension imo but hey.. to each their own! :rolleyes:Sorry for my rant, but It's better I do here than in the DynaVap forum. An induction heater would have changed my views on the Dynavap but investing in that on top of the $245 Omnivap? No thanks, I'd rather put my money towards a Flowerpot! :)
End Rant..:bang:

The other day I tried a Volcano Hybrid for the first time and it confirmed what I believed all along.. Now that I've tried it, I can confirm at least for myself, that Storz and Bickle vapes all have the same signature flavor! Or is it my imagination? I've tried the mighty, plenty and volcano... do I really need to try the crafty to confirm this? Just wondering if anyone else has tried multiple S&B products and came to the same conclusion as me.

How's everyone doing with their Evos? It's nice to be back knowing I'll get some consistent vapor for a change... :)

P.S. I have an extra Evo station and 3 heat shields for sale if anyone is interested. Will either be opening up an Amazon store or looking into the classifieds here real soon. Let me know if anyone is interested.. I have pics!

Last edited:

CANtalk

How much is a bamboo replacement?

75 dollars when i had it done about a year ago

Ouch @Been Vapin, hope it's good (and the cat). If the EVO passes a vacuum test run with it :2c:. The price has gone up for bamboo replacement since then. This link has the info, https://www.xhl3.com/pages/warranty-information. Note that old units may not be able to have their bamboos replaced due to running changes to the EVO. IIRC, they can tell with a serial # check. If VapeXhale can't fix a unit make sure to ask for and get accommodations (a significant discount) to replace it.

:peace: :leaf:

tom32

I’m new to all of this but looking for a pure glass airpath. Should something like this work in place of the metal ELBs? An 18mm male honeycomb screen slide. Then put a 18mm male piece into the top.

https://smokea.com/products/blazing-blue-glass-18mm-honeycomb-screen-slide?variant=31482485505

or

https://grav.com/collections/grav/products/19mm-grav-female-octobowl-clear

I wonder if that might not get hot enough I’d the herb sat up a few inches outside of the vaporizer.

Any thoughts from experienced owners?

Last edited:
tom32,

CANtalk

The EVO is killing here @Socks And Sandals :tup:. Get back to that EVO :nod:. I'm not surprised the S&B's you tried have similar flavors, they all have incorporated the hybrid heating design from the same manufacturer. I've tried both the Crafty and Mighty and found them very similar... frankly they should be :sherlock:. Thx for the feedback on their other vapes, useful
tophat.gif
. I pm'd you on about a heat shield in case you didn't see. Stick around and post up about the EVO.

Happy EVO Friday everyone :tup:. I'm on Strawberry Cough after this week's break as we roll into the evening, and the EVO delivered :science:. Nice clouds at 11 o'clock using a dry Helio mouthpiece. I had to cut my draws short with the dense vapor and still nearly coughed. The EVO didn't whistle after doing it for the last 2-3 weeks (including last weekend). When the whistling came back I was able to gauge my draws again and found that I was getting used to some faster bigger draws for a while :evil:. It's nice the whistle is gone but also definitely harder for me to gauge my draw speed :razz:.

I took the plunge on that China glass with BF here. First time with DHgate and it went well. For <$80 US to my door I picked up two 18mm glass stands, three 14mm (m) to 18mm (f) adapters (thinking ahead ;)) and these two tree perc water pieces (Swiss tree and tree).

f2-albu-g7-M00-E3-91-rBVaSVrLf-qAagurAAOkrtyOuhQ511.jpg

I ordered two days ago. The water pieces and stands shipped one day later... the adapters today. Now the wait.

It's great that the EVO has so many glass options... a huge amount of variety & styles with both inexpensive and premium boutique options. We need more glass talk here from all corners of EVO ownership :nod:.

Enjoy the Friday night and hope all you in the US had a great thanksgiving :peace: :leaf:.

Last edited:

nickb

SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,
I have been waiting for Black Friday to pick up an EVO but found one on ebay today with the Hydratube 5 nails and the cover for $140 shipped. cant wait I think this will complete my collection, should be here in 2 weeks

nickb,
Reactions: CANtalk

CANtalk

The VapeXhale website has the EVOs back in stock and on BF sale for the next while :tup:.

I got around to getting a picture of the different sizes I've seen with VapeXnails. It's definitely noticeable to the naked eye :uhh:. That definitely affects the concentrate experience and my detailed feedback below is based on the narrower tubes at this point.
vaqtoniluw141.jpg

Yesterday was a big night with the EVO :science::science:, sorry about a bit of awkward grammar in that last post :lol:. I went with a small ELB of Golden Goat after that and it was big clouds :bowdown:. 10 hours after first starting the vape I went to sleep still high :evil:.

I slid nicely into Saturday afternoon with a bit of fresh Sour Tangie flower in the ELB and recently followed ~ three hours later by Super Lemon Haze live resin... a small less-than-rice-grain-sized dab in the VapeNail. It was awsome. Highly recommended.

Here's what I'm still using for my concentrates method. Highly recommended. The EVO is heatsoaked (20 min plus) at 12:30 on the dial and then I drop in the nail and rock the heater back and forth, looking inside the tube as well and getting the concentrate to melt. Keep going and when visible wisps start coming from the top of the nail I start a timer and put a wet hydratube on the EVO to trap the vapor. Keep rocking, waiting for 15 seconds to elapse, then take a 10 second draw (or whatever you can). Bang :clap:. It delivers... giving a top notch flavor experience, big, full and excellent. All in a one hitter :nod:. I've never had a two-hitter nail work as well. The vapor is so dense I have to use and recommend a stronger conditioning wet water piece with the EVO.

Tonight it was a nice little nugget of Super Lemon Haze live resin :luv:. A great sesh
alienabduct.gif
. I didn't make the 10 second draw and I coughed a bit too :evil:. Potent.

Feeling good :cool:. I hope you all can join at some point if not already. Cheers :peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

darkrom

Great Scott!
Just watched water go right through my cloud evo from the mobius perf knockoff hydratube that came with the evo.
Smells like burning now, and my girlfriends leg got burning water all over it. Does warranty cover this? I've always hated these new hydratubes, if this isn't covered maybe there should be a big disclaimer that they are risky when used any way other than inverted. And honestly I don't like using them inverted because of the burning smell issues that were dismissed in the past.

EDIT: Oh wait, I saved my warranty card for 2 of the 3 years its good for, but it may be "void" because I didn't register online right when I got it...

Very frustrated that we are a long way away from the OG cloud days where it was metal and didn't have any of these issues.

darkrom,

Baron23

Just watched water go right through my cloud evo from the mobius perf knockoff hydratube that came with the evo.
Smells like burning now, and my girlfriends leg got burning water all over it. Does warranty cover this? I've always hated these new hydratubes, if this isn't covered maybe there should be a big disclaimer that they are risky when used any way other than inverted. And honestly I don't like using them inverted because of the burning smell issues that were dismissed in the past.

EDIT: Oh wait, I saved my warranty card for 2 of the 3 years its good for, but it may be "void" because I didn't register online right when I got it...

Very frustrated that we are a long way away from the OG cloud days where it was metal and didn't have any of these issues.
DHGate HT or one from VHX?

Baron23,

tom32

It has arrived. Great packaging and shipping. This will be my second vaporizer after owning a dynavap for a month. I never liked it. Worried about metal fumes. Never could get the temp right. Hard dry hits.

Now to ISO our the tube and bake the metal baskets in the oven for a bit.

One thing I am a bit disappointed in is that it looks like the bamboo is pretty narrow, making it hard to clean and desteralize. I was hoping it would be more accessible.

Hope the family turns in early tonight so I can try her out.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
You could also heat the EVO to highest and treat the ELBs (Easy-Loading-Baskets) in the EVO. Have Fun! Don't overload the ELB: that's what I did the first time out AND the EVO wasn't heat-soaked. I was not impressed. Air needs to flow easily.

tom32

After heating the evo on high for some time should the smell eventually burn off and turn to nothing?

And put the female whip adapter (the one that rests on the evo) in the oven for a bit too just to be safe.

Any tips for removing hot bowls from the evo without burning yourself?

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
If the ELB fits tightly in the Bamboo, I use something like a teaspoon and place it under the lip of the ELB and twist the spoon so as to pop up the ELB enough to use my fingernails for removal.

Top Bottom