Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

wildything

Do any of you use your EVO inverted or mainly stick with the HT's? There were issues a couple of years back with inverted usage and odours/tastes and the lack of a sealed seam on the bottom and curious if that's all just in the past. Any of your EVO's have a slight gap in the bottom plastic.

Really wish they were made of metal like the old Clouds with the beefier heater. Miss my old clicking Cloud! Maybe one day..
I know mine started tasting and smelling off but that was when I left it inverted for extended periods :doh:. The replacement has been working great for years now and I only use it inverted, hardly ever use a hydratube. Now I only leave it in for the duration of my hit and remove immediately after.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Not all hydratubes can be laid horizontal and not leak. It depends which one you have. Here's a straight-line with ice pinches. It must be kept at an incline. So, in essence, I lied.
96-AAC914-7-FE8-43-C4-A728-D8006411089-D.jpg

CANtalk

Hey guys, what's your favorite bubbler which 'milks' up?
I find that narrower pieces don't look as impressive as wider pieces when milking up :nod:. YMMV.

@CANtalk Yeah, I'd really like to know if those hydrabases come back into stock. I own a classic Hydrabomb and precision Turbine (in pic) and I am even more careful with my glass now than ever simply because I'm not a fan of the graphite glass pieces. Before I was just worried about my Classic getting broke and having to settle for a precision but to be honest, I love the precision too even though I mainly bought it for use with concentrates!

I've been busy with my new Dynavap Omni XL too but I always have 2 baskets in my evo every night! Flavor and and ABV consistency are always on point and it's very easy to tell when your load is done.. that' would be around 1:30 (around 395F) on my new Evo.

I really don't understand why the thread died down so much.. glad to see some new guys sharing their stories.

Oh and I would also really like to hear from Evo owners about their hydrabase experiences.. How much of a stronger pull do you need? Is the extra diffusion really worth it? ETC..
Thx for the feedback Socks and Sandals :tup:! That info comparing a Classic (large) hydratube to a Precision is most appreciated and helpful. I too find it easy to tell when the load is done in the EVO (by vapor and taste), it's very consistent and I use it consistently. We finish at similar temps too :peace:. I'm here to share the EVO experience really hope everyone does the same!

Never got any big hydratube from VXH ... the price is stupid for me (u can buy vapes for that price...) when i purchase my unit i went for the cheaper bundle, and only with the straight MP.... after i got the original Lynx and Hydra and later when i broke the Hydra i got the Calix... mainly i use the Calix and a Bong i got for the G43, only though of getting DHL hydratubes ripoffs, its not USA glass but its glass so if its not unbreakable the cheapest the better because eventually it will break....
I mainly use the EVO for dry herbs @12 o clock, im a flavour chaser, getting messy and dirty with the Xnails and concentrates is almost certain and i only get pure flavour if you nail is clean so i use a SAI ou a Puffco Plus for oils and concentrates.
The EVO its a wonderful device, its my N1 desktop and the one i use the most at home, love the flavour the ease to use and the constant steady results every time.
My arsenal contains the EVO, G43, Mighty, Crafty, IQ, SAI TAF, Puffco Plus and Linx Hypnos Zero.
Great feedback karec :tup:! The straight MP wasn't even available when I bought. I use the dry Helio mouthpiece and my first draws are always flavor chasing too (like you) at low temps, ~11 o'clock for me. I only use the EVO at home :nod:. Nice vape collection :leaf:.

Do any of you use your EVO inverted or mainly stick with the HT's? There were issues a couple of years back with inverted usage and odours/tastes and the lack of a sealed seam on the bottom and curious if that's all just in the past. Any of your EVO's have a slight gap in the bottom plastic.

Really wish they were made of metal like the old Clouds with the beefier heater. Miss my old clicking Cloud! Maybe one day..
I haven't used the EVO inverted but I may start doing that and expect no issues :2c:. I'm looking to pick up a hydrabase and I plan to use the EVO where the heater is only inverted for draws and otherwise pulled off and kept upright (sitting normally) :sherlock:. I did a lot of reading of old posts in this thread and came across that discussion where a few people had problems with EVO inversion use. There were a lot of posts about it and Seibo (and yourself IIRC) contributed. After all the discussion, evaluation and feedback (Seibo even drilled holes in a few units for testing) the final outcome was the suggestion that the EVO can be used inverted but not to keep it inverted for long periods of time. I have no problem running with those conditions and expectations but everyone should make their own personal decision :peace:. The bottom of my EVO has a seam in the middle where the two halves of the plastic meet but no significant gap.

FWIW, I'm looking at getting an all-glass connector setup to be able to use the EVO in the normal upright position with a hydrabase beside it :spidey: :borg:. It appears to be reasonably do-able, though I'm just starting to scope this out in detail.

I <invert>Probably the biggest thing for me, however, is realizing most all hydratubes can be laid down horizontally without leaking. I have a tendency to break things, and this ability helps me keep my hydratube safer (from me).
Thx for the feedback macbill :tup:. Many hydratubes can be laid down, though it typically causes some water to end up in the overflow chamber at the bottom, which I try to avoid. I remember Vapexhale/Seibo advice from somewhere (videos maybe) to not put any water into that bottom chamber since it's designed to be an overflow and prevent water from entering the EVO with use. Also, I find no water in that chamber keeps the glass much cleaner, as well as making it easier to clean. I didn't realize some people casually run their EVOs with water in the bottom. Nice to know :2c:. FWIW, my method to avoid tipping hydratubes over is to keep them separate from the heater when I'm vaping and out of my normal range of motion. That means it's away from my arm reach and range of motion, and when the EVO is in use (but not the hydratube) it's on the bottom shelf of that two-tier coffee table, out of the way.

Cracked my bamboo and cannot get a replacement it seems because I live in Massachusetts. FML. Fuck my local government for hastily banning vaporization. Charlie Baker would prefer i combusted. IDIOT teens vaping street trash extracts or big tobacco juice so i can’t consume legal cannabis in a objectivity healthier way. Im HEATED.

Seems like the war on vapor has claimed an innocent bystander. Mass is literally forcing me to combust or quit. Never mind the ~$1k worth of now useless money I've spent on the evo and accessories. Still had over 2 years left on the warranty too.
Holy crap O-G-Reg, that sucks :cry:. How did you crack the bamboo? Have you discussed fixing the EVO with VapeXhale? The MA ban as I understand "applies to online and retail sale of all kinds of nicotine and marijuana vaping products and devices, and extends through Jan. 25, 2020". I would consult with VapeXhale and point out that the ban does not apply to your issue where you are simply repairing a vape under warranty (not undertaking a retail/online sale of the device). Language matters and you should be able to make it work in your favor. Otherwise, it totally makes sense to ID a friend or someone outside the state to organize the shipping on your behalf as @macbill mentioned. I wouldn't want to be without my primary desktop vape for very long and especially because of stupid bs. As you mention, there's a significant amount of $$ invested in a high end vape like the EVO :leaf:.

Does anyone cover their hydra tube openings with their hand and thumb (trapping the vapor) so you get 2 hits for every draw?
FWIW, I tend to clear my hydratubes (and dry mouthpieces) by pulling them off the EVO and drawing the remaining vapor from it with the last few seconds of my draw. I tend to draw deep and and long too (15 s) which makes this routine pretty easy to do. Doing this keeps the glass cleaner, uses all the vapor, and (in combination with removing the ELB after a draw) allows me to use the EVO as an on-demand unit with the flower only heated when I'm drawing. However, there are a million different ways the EVO can be used and it's always great to share other ways and discuss... thx for sharing your method tbill :tup:.

Cheers :peace: :leaf:.

Last edited:

O-G-Reg

@CANtalk
I broke my bamboo by being too high. For me that always means not thinking, as opposed to being clumsy.
Like in my pic a few back, i use an angled adapter on a glass rig. While drawing the top popped off the basket and Herb (Chemnesia) spilled out into the adapter. So i tipped the whole thing back- evo still in the adapter, i guess thinking i could pour the herb back into the lower basket still in the evo....
Obviously a bad idea... sizzle...crack. instant destruction from just a spoon full of water.

good news is XHL emailed me back today saying that the MA ban on herb vapes has been lifted for medical patients and they can resume shipping...so I’m buying a bamboo replacement

Thankfully it seems like they’re on the don't ask don't tell policy... cuse we recreational AF over here.

CANtalk

Happy EVO Friday everyone :tup:. I'm HAF as the EVO is killing it with some quality flower in the ELB tonight :love:. Check out this picture :tup:, it's some of the frosty new batch of recently received strong MX-based sativa strain Viper :science:. Times are good :evil:.

p0clrex3kqx31.jpg

This link has an even bigger picture with more resolution, https://i.redd.it/p0clrex3kqx31.jpg :tup:.

I'm looking buying a Chinese DHgate two piece glass water piece set for the EVO with Black Friday coming up shortly. Any thoughts :shrug:? Both of these pieces for less than $70 to my door gives me GAS (glass acquisition syndrome) :lol:. I especially love the Swiss Tree hydratube.

f2-albu-g7-M00-E3-91-rBVaSVrLf-qAagurAAOkrtyOuhQ511.jpg

Anyone else planning an EVO-related purchase with Black Friday coming? What's going on out there... let us know
drunk2.gif

I'm very very interested in getting some measurement info from anyone who has a hydrabase style of glass for the EVO (anything like the second water piece on the bottom of the above picture) and posted about it in another thread here on FC. Hydrabases are old-school glass for the EVO and I really appreciate any and all help from the community with this :peace: :bowdown:. Check it out at http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/anybody-have-this-hydrabase-or-whatever.45429/#post-1426582

I have also noticed the differences in width in the different sets of vapexnails i have, the latest one are a little thicker.
Thx for that feedback :tup:. It's definitely eyeball noticeable here
eek7.gif
. I'll try to get a picture up of the difference to share with everyone.

Cheers :peace::leaf:.

Last edited:
CANtalk,
Reactions: BigJr48

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@CANtalk
I broke my bamboo by being too high. For me that always means not thinking, as opposed to being clumsy.
Like in my pic a few back, i use an angled adapter on a glass rig. While drawing the top popped off the basket and Herb (Chemnesia) spilled out into the adapter. So i tipped the whole thing back- evo still in the adapter, i guess thinking i could pour the herb back into the lower basket still in the evo....
Obviously a bad idea... sizzle...crack. instant destruction from just a spoon full of water.

good news is XHL emailed me back today saying that the MA ban on herb vapes has been lifted for medical patients and they can resume shipping...so I’m buying a bamboo replacement

Thankfully it seems like they’re on the don't ask don't tell policy... cuse we recreational AF over here.
I just don’t get it?
The EVO help’s me read fast and clear?
Good CANNABIS as well?

MEDICAL is weird maybe?

CANtalk

I just missed your post @O-G-Reg, still haf here :freak: .

I looked at your picture again and see what happened and now see what you mean:(... that sucks :cry:. Terrible luck with the ELB top popping off and causing that chain of events. I get and go for big experiences as well :evil: and have tried to set up the EVO with maximum safety (and the more foolproof designs)... it includes the OEM overflow-resistant-style water pieces. It's worked here (so far :freak:) and I'd recommend it.

There are lots of intriguing inexpensive Chinese water pieces available for the EVO that incorporate this design philosophy... which is extra nice value-wise :peace:. A hydrabase alone is inexpensive and can be used with the EVO fully inverted for people who like bigger volume water pieces and don't mind inverted, and it will be less susceptible to tipping the setup. Look at this cool direct draw hydrabase, fully upright :nod:.

f2-albu-g7-M00-01-97-rBVaSVswXXeAfpNQAAJinSzczik527.jpg

I think that is awesome :clap:.

I just don’t get it? The EVO help’s me read fast and clear? Good CANNABIS as well? MEDICAL is weird maybe?
For sure as there's a range of cannabis experiences and it depends on tolerance and amount of use. There are so many ways to use and benefit from cannabis use! Personal experiences are different from person to person as well. If you like it, it's good cannabis :nod:; let us know what strain you are enjoying too and why. I remember your Mowie love ;) :peace:.

EDIT - fixed picture. I also wanted to mention that my EVO whistled after a long heat today (and the weekly break)... it's been quiet for a long time now since that last happened (weeks) but there seems to some natural bamboo flexing (expansion/contraction) going on with the EVO :shrug:.

Enjoy the EVO and Friday night :peace::leaf:.

Last edited:

Newusser

Hi all.

I'm thinking about purchasing this device during Black Friday.

So far, the cheapest place I found it is on vaporwarehouse and 15 percent off coupon.

Are to any other places that could be cheaper?

Also, I'm interested in purchasing the Honeycomb glass. Does anyone have a recommendation from DHgate?

Thank you!

Newusser,

CANtalk

@Newusser, I saw it mentioned recently that VapeXhale themselves have an Instagram code: IGX20

It reportedly still works and is for 20% off. Many people really enjoy the VapeXhale Cloud EVO. Good luck with your decision :peace::leaf:.

@O-G-Reg, I guess I missed the part in your past post mentioning success at EVO repair now and bamboo replacement with VapeXhale. That's great news and thx for keeping the community here in the loop on your experience
beer.gif

Sorry everyone for a bit of poor grammar in my last post; the EVO brought the goods last night :freak:. I've been meaning to mention that I recently saw a reddit EVO owner post that he has kept his EVO on for the last four years continuously :whoa:, using a cyclical plug timer to defeat the auto shut-off. I'm impressed, YMMV.

FWIW, I see the clear Precision Hydrabomb hydratube is back in stock at VapeXhale which is nice, and a few offered at an even better price on the factory second page ;)... that style and hydratube has a lot of fans. A few more glass pieces are back in stock too on the VapeXhale site, but there's still a significant number of glass out of stock and many other styles and sizes not offered... :hmm:

The EVO whistled on two of three sessions today, strange times there right now :razz:...

Cheers :peace::leaf:

Last edited:
CANtalk,
Reactions: macbill

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I just missed your post @O-G-Reg, still haf here :freak: .

I looked at your picture again and see what happened and now see what you mean:(... that sucks :cry:. Terrible luck with the ELB top popping off and causing that chain of events. I get and go for big experiences as well :evil: and have tried to set up the EVO with maximum safety (and the more foolproof designs)... it includes the OEM overflow-resistant-style water pieces. It's worked here (so far :freak:) and I'd recommend it.

There are lots of intriguing inexpensive Chinese water pieces available for the EVO that incorporate this design philosophy... which is extra nice value-wise :peace:. A hydrabase alone is inexpensive and can be used with the EVO fully inverted for people who like bigger volume water pieces and don't mind inverted, and it will be less susceptible to tipping the setup. Look at this cool direct draw hydrabase, fully upright :nod:.

f2-albu-g7-M00-01-97-rBVaSVswXXeAfpNQAAJinSzczik527.jpg

I think that is awesome :clap:.

For sure as there's a range of cannabis experiences and it depends on tolerance and amount of use. There are so many ways to use and benefit from cannabis use! Personal experiences are different from person to person as well. If you like it, it's good cannabis :nod:; let us know what strain you are enjoying too and why. I remember your Mowie love ;) :peace:.

EDIT - fixed picture. I also wanted to mention that my EVO whistled after a long heat today (and the weekly break)... it's been quiet for a long time now since that last happened (weeks) but there seems to some natural bamboo flexing (expansion/contraction) going on with the EVO :shrug:.

Enjoy the EVO and Friday night :peace::leaf:.
Kine old school = 1970 in a beach bathroom before a SURF MOVIE!
EVO taste amazing to me?
2012 tried vaping and loved the flavor!
Medical is my need!
A spoonful of sugar = EVO
MAUI WOWIE this night?

Last edited:

Vapster707

Hey everyone giving thanks to whoever had a hand in them getting a evo so here's mine ...

Thanks to puff it up and tha Xmas sale they had on tha evo last yr that made me jump at buying it ...

I was looking for a desktop last yr and after knowing I wanted something with all glass(I'm a taste guy 1st) tha evo was at tha top of my list... I waited didnt see it on a good sale after turkey day ... Kept waiting them mid Dec puff it up to tha rescue with a special email ... Full evo kit $300 ordered within 5 mins ...

tom32

I'm also looking to purchase. So you think they'll have a mid-December sale, too?

The base is $319.99 right now on their site, plus the instagram coupon code makes it $280 for the base only. Buy now or wait?

I think I'm about to buy an evo. I'm choosing the evo because of the air and vapor path. Can anyone confirm the air path is 100% glass and the intake is built in such away to avoid pulling any air from the electronics?

Has anybody found solderless baskets for the evo? The official ones are built using food grade solder. There are a lot of unknowns right now about vaping and I'm trying to cut out risk wherever possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Can anyone confirm the air path is 100% glass and the intake is built in such away to avoid pulling any air from the electronics?

The Cloud Evo's air & vapor path is completely glass (plus the basket if you are using flower) - it consists of a long solid glass tube which runs all the way from the bottom of the unit where the fresh air comes in, right to the very top where vaporization occurs and vapor is emitted.

Neither air nor vapor passes over any electronics in this device.

There are a lot of unknowns right now about vaping

I think definitely more so if vaping prefilled carts from some unknown, but the Evo is pretty well tried & tested as it's been around for years. I've only ever seen official VapeXhale baskets.

I always feel good about using mine.
Tastes like pure vapor to me - delicious everytime.

:peace:

tom32

Has anybody found an easy-to-clean water piece for the vapexhale? They all look really nice but I want something I can get inside and scrub out occasionally. I’m looking at an Heir Water Pipe but they are pricey and I’d have to run the evo with a whip or upside down.

tom32,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Has anybody found an easy-to-clean water piece for the vapexhale? They all look really nice but I want something I can get inside and scrub out occasionally. I’m looking at an Heir Water Pipe but they are pricey and I’d have to run the evo with a whip or upside down.
The EVO is awesome and their customer service is excellent!
A little expensive but worth it.

EVO is decent for sure!

tom32

Probably should have waited until Friday to see if there were any deals, but with the Instagram coupon code my total was $325 for...

the unit itself
Heat shield
14mm male adapter
14mm silicon whip adapter
Shipping

considering the unit is listed for $350 at 3rd party shops and $320 on the official store (with $25 shipping on top) I’m quite satisfied.

Top Bottom