Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Jtwpayne

As long as you have made a solid seal, you should not be able to blow into the top without air coming out the bottom; there is nowhere else for the air to go. The reverse is true also, i.e., bottom plugged you should not be able to draw air up. A crack can be quite small, so the escaping air may be slight. Where you suspect the crack is located, is where that typically happens when it does. Note that it is conceivable that a small crack could be opened up by forcefully pulling/pushing air - the bamboo is rather thin glass. Also that there have been reports of being able to use the Evo despite there being a small crack, albeit with performance compromised. IIRC ~$75 for bamboo replacement.

:myday::science:
So with the bottom plugged when I breathe in with the hydratube and the water rises that means the crack is letting air in right? The water shouldn’t rise at all if the bottom is sealed?

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
So with the bottom plugged when I breathe in with the hydratube and the water rises that means the crack is letting air in right? The water shouldn’t rise at all if the bottom is sealed?

@Stu is correct. Remember that if pulling from an HT, there is air in the HT already below the water. You need to place your mouth on the top of the bamboo and make a seal, then pull in.

:myday::science:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The only leak I had one time was from a poorly ground 18 mil gong joint on the unit.

The hydratube rocked back and forth too much (some rocking is necessary so the joints don't lock in place, but too much wobble and there will be an air leak).
I have one White and one STOCK, however I use TELON TAPE from HOME CHEAPO 2 make air thighs seal’s!

EVO with a water path is = CIVILIZED & LIFE worth Living

CANNABIS is da beginning de CIVILIZATION with a EVO if your not scared?

O-G-Reg

I recently discovered (thanks to FC) the miracle that is PBW. Has anyone tried cleaning their bamboo with it?
Does the red caps the evo comes with make a water tight enough seal around the the bamboo air intake?

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I've used warm alcohol on a warmed EVO and a long wooden Q-tip (swab). I close off the bottom with a tight balloon: an EVO condom. I have a cork that fits the mouth of the bamboo, but I've never needed to scrub the bottom chamber. A balloon would work here, also. You could try the red protective caps. Just over a bowl or sink.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I've used warm alcohol on a warmed EVO and a long wooden Q-tip (swab). I close off the bottom with a tight balloon: an EVO condom. I have a cork that fits the mouth of the bamboo, but I've never needed to scrub the bottom chamber. You could try the red protective caps. Just over a bowl or sink.
The EVO is pretty awesome to me?

After joints 4 decades vaporizers R decadent lifestyle.

EVO = CIVILIZED

Last edited:

Baron23

I recently discovered (thanks to FC) the miracle that is PBW. Has anyone tried cleaning their bamboo with it?
Does the red caps the evo comes with make a water tight enough seal around the the bamboo air intake?
I have not, but I only, only, only use flower in my EVO so I have not found the need to clean the bamboo.

I use PBW as my go to for cleaning flower rigs. However, it does not work that well for concentrate reclaim (really, nice clean vapor condensed on the sides of the rig) clinging to the walls of my rig. Don't want to waste that stuff so I most often use Everclear (ethyl alcohol) and evap to a tincture. If really grunged up, ISO for 'trates reclaim.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have not, but I only, only, only use flower in my EVO so I have not found the need to clean the bamboo.

I use PBW as my go to for cleaning flower rigs. However, it does not work that well for concentrate reclaim (really, nice clean vapor condensed on the sides of the rig) clinging to the walls of my rig. Don't want to waste that stuff so I most often use Everclear (ethyl alcohol) and evap to a tincture. If really grunged up, ISO for 'trates reclaim.
I love ROSIN more than U maybe?

The QUARTS NAILS R pretty cool.
My personal point of view?
I mostly VAP COLAS (top flower on CANNABIS consumption)
Also my vape tool for ROSIN is awesome however it’s a pleasure the EVO QUARTS nail R decent 4 my need 4 medical use.
RECREATIONAL would be unreal!

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

There was a PBW craze here a few years ago (or more), might have even been on the Cloud OG thread. Some of us also put together special cleaning rigs because at the same time there was a GAS epidemic. I for one went down these rabbit holes, spending way too much on glass and working much too hard on my cleaning regimen.

I am now lazy (and older, a big part of the reason why). I clean my glass and ELB's only when performance - or hygiene - mandates it. And simpler is better, so 91% ISO is all I use anymore.

I don't remember if the red cap creates a seal. Actually, I don't even remember where the red cap is; probably in the attic.

:myday::lol:

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I've got a suspicion that pouring solutions into the electronics is not the way to clean them. To keep liquids from entering the electronic housing, consider using a sandwich bag: make a hole at a corner and slip over bamboo. If you are truly paranoid, secure with rubber band.

CANtalk

Great info and feedback from everyone :tup:.

@O-G-Reg, I've seen a number posts where people use the red caps to seal and clean the bamboo, though I've never tried it myself. If doing that I would try it but set up a cleaning station so that if a cap leaks the solution goes into a tub or bowl without any contacting anything else on the EVO.

In general, cleaning the EVO, has been very smooth and simple here. I have 99% ISO, 420 cleaner, some eco dish soap (non-SLS) and PBW. I also have that inexpensive ultrasonic cleaner for the glass EVO nails. I'm still sorting out what routines and materials work for best for me and will report what I find.

So far I soak my dry and wet mouth pieces in a zip lock bags with hot ISO and then let dry (doing so at least once a week). I'll use a blow dryer if I need a quick dry. I've found it helps to keep the water pieces on the cleaner side of things rather than waiting until it gets pretty dirty (which is more work). Using distilled water in the hydratubes has helped avoid deposits. I rinse out my ELBs with hot water after every bowl or so and then do a quick ISO soak every 4-6 uses (~ once per week) or so (followed by a hot water rinse). I've been cleaning my VapeXnails after every use. I have a number of the glass nails so I tend to use a clean one for every use, and I expect the ultrasonic cleaner with a good cleaning product to make short work of cleaning a batch of nails.

So far I haven't needed to clean the bamboo beyond ISO and 6" cotton swabs.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Them nails are a basterd to clean!!!
I break them B-4 They need cleaning?

@Baron23 back in the 70’s foil & wooden stick match + fast food straw was all we had?

2013 I learned a new way?
Sugar leaf we clean are feet during harvest !
Not science however INDIA made the honey oil & NORTH AFRICA for HASH.

I digress?
EVO for flower is great to me.
I use a SELECT 250 most however the QUARTS Nails as awesome !
@CANtalk VAPEXHALE clean’s the bamboo perfectly?(Do U mow your own grass?)

Last edited:
ataxian,

Baron23

I break them B-4 They need cleaning?

@Baron23 back in the 70’s foil & wooden stick match + fast food straw was all we had?

2013 I learned a new way?
Sugar leaf we clean are feet during harvest !
Not science however INDIA made the honey oil & NORTH AFRICA for HASH.

I digress?
EVO for flower is great to me.
I use a SELECT 250 most however the QUARTS Nails as awesome !
@CANtalk VAPEXHALE clean’s the bamboo perfectly?(Do U mow your own grass?)
Yep, foil and a straw or hot knives and a straw. Ah, those halcyon days of youth! Haha

CANtalk

@ataxian, true and good point :). In general I like to be active rather than passive where/when I can and enjoy the related benefits. I do mow my own lawn, plus plant/tend my own garden and cook my own meals. OTOH, everyone's different and I embrace the melting pot of humanity :cool:. It's been great to read about others and share cannabis/EVO experiences :leaf::peace:.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian, true and good point :). In general I like to be active rather than passive where/when I can and enjoy the related benefits. I do mow my own lawn, plus plant/tend my own garden and cook my own meals. OTOH, everyone's different and I embrace the melting pot of humanity :cool:. It's been great to read about others and share cannabis/EVO experiences :leaf::peace:.
I may seem like an ass however mowing your own grass is not acceptable where I live?
EVO's R allowed at least!
Sorry too many session's!

Brewervapesalot

If you can get just plain caustic that's even better. PBW appears to just be diluted/low test caustic. You need a license to buy caustic, but it's pretty easy to score some nevertheless. Breweries use tons of it and my neighbor, a union electrician, gave me a big bucket of it. It's SUPER cheap unlike PBW. Best for cleaning lipids, but works well on protein and carbohydrates too, especially considering the cheap price.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
If you can get just plain caustic that's even better. PBW appears to just be diluted/low test caustic. You need a license to buy caustic, but it's pretty easy to score some nevertheless. Breweries use tons of it and my neighbor, a union electrician, gave me a big bucket of it. It's SUPER cheap unlike PBW. Best for cleaning lipids, but works well on protein and carbohydrates too, especially considering the cheap price.
I studied chemistry in college so I use ph as a cleaning tool for chemical cleaning!
Mechanical cleaning you can do as well if you know how.

Be careful no to get sucked into marketing hype!
I have more water pipes than most not to Bragg because I was a minor bird once!

EVO is calling be to be CIVILIZED

CANtalk

Excellent @wall :tup:! I'm still relatively new to the EVO as well, loving it and sharing the enthusiasm :nod:.

Speaking of good vapor, the EVO excels at both flavor and density :luv:. Even with small fresh loads at 320F the vapor quality is so impressive. Up at a half ELB load or more, there are clouds, I don't even bother with 400+F temp flower draws anymore with this evape. 380F full ELBs produce monster clouds with the EVO :bowdown:.

Friday with the EVO is definitely awesome, these occasions previously inspired this meme from me :lol:. Enjoy the weekend everyone :leaf::peace:!
ys4ggzc0rjq21.jpg

Last edited:

Baron23

mowing your own grass is not acceptable where I live?

Is that true? Really?

Wow, and I thought I lived in the height of HOA nazi's when I was in Boca Raton (well, they really were the height of home owner association nazis, tbh)

You can't cut your grass.

This pretentious gated community I lived in did NOT allow you own and park a pickup truck in your driveway and did not allow motorcycles even though the roads were city maintained.

Glad I got out of there.

Top Bottom