Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Catnipmint

@Catnipmint welcome to FC, that’s some really useful information in your post. Dropping knowledge in your second post! Well done, you’re going to be very popular around here. Hey I’m coming up on 2 yrs of membership, after months of lurking, and I still haven’t posted anything worth knowing! :D

I thought you explained your technique and got your thoughts across very well, I wouldn’t have known it was a second language for you. Everyone misses a letter or word here or there, even if proofreading - a by-product of our digital age and the fact most of us are baked or flying whilst posting! :lol: Your English is great, don’t worry about it. Many members have arrived with much less English and communicate well. Vaping is its own language! :tup:

Thanks for the nice welcome!

If you can please try my method for concentrates, wax, shatter, rosin anything you find. Use your concentrates like with your Dynavap and hemp fiber, just put in the herb chamber (watch out for not getting sticky the Vapexhale herb chamber and you dont have to clean). Try different methods, down to the bottom or at the upper section in the chamber, even tried with a ball of hemp within oil and at top of some flower. Sadly I can only try with some oil, but I think its work with anything. If you had success and you think its great method please wrote down your experiences. Cheers from hungary, its my first desktop vape, my vapes till now shitty chinese Kingston (thrown out, worster than combustion), Focusvape Pro (selled, not enough power). Mighty, Dynavap (M 2018,M Black and Nonavong XLS) and now this fuckin beast Vapexhale Cloud Evo!

saltywetman

Really hoping vapexhale starts making hydrabases again and larger versions of whip compatible hydratubes like the lynx. really like using the lynx whip kit that I retired my classic honeycomb and don't see myself ever going back to the old school mouthpieces. The lynx being smaller definitely had more flavorful vapor but was also more harsher as i was used to the extra diffusion and cooling from the larger classic honeycomb. Currently using the octa edition base with the lynx. and would like to change over to the bomb edition if they ever make it again (apparently the retailer told me that vapexhale has discontinued all their hydrabases at this time.

snowman891

Hey all,

Long time lurker. Currently looking for my first desktop vape. Was pretty set on getting a log but after doing more research I really like the idea of the EVO (and hopefully no more VAS after this) but have a couple of questions:

1) I have read that the vape path is completely isolated from the heater and other electronics. My understanding is this is accomplished by the heater wrapping around the glass vape path. Is there any breakdown videos or diagrams depicting this? The completely isolated vape path is the biggest selling point to me. Seems to be one of the healthiest ways to vape with even the heater being out of path if that has actually been what is done.

2) Is there going to be a new release any time soon? More than willing to wait months if there will be an EVO 2 or if there will be any revisions to current model.

3) Has there been any revisions lately? I just want to make sure I get the latest model if there will not be any new releases.

Thanks!

Edit: added more context

Last edited:

Catnipmint

pxl_jockey Thanks for the nice welcome!

My friend today ordered his first desktop vape and it will be an EVO, he likes very much after trying mine. Its also mines first desktop vape, I'm searched for the best in term of vapor density potency and efficiency. My friend uses a Davinci Ascent, before my EVO in this order I used a chinese Kington (crap, thrown out, worster than combustion), Focusvape Pro (much better, but too weak, bad battery), Mighty (I think its overall best for portable session, a little bit big), Dynavap (M2018, M Black, Nonavong, for fast hitter, annoying too much "lightning" sessions :D) and now the EVO is a beast, in all term, price term :D

Please if you can try your EVO with Dynavap hemp fiber with shatter, resin, oil any concentrate. If you tried write down you experiences, I can try only with oils, I think its great, better (different) than using with nail.

Greetings from Hungary!

CANtalk

@saltywetman, are hydrabases the water piece options that sit on the table next to the EVO? I'm relatively new here and just wondering. Thx

@snowman891, I'm a new owner and went with the EVO for a number of reasons that overlap with your wishes. The EVO is great for what it offers.

1) I don't know but a google search may give some good results.
3) The EVO has been a pretty stable platform from what I've read and I haven't found sellers keeping large stock so any ordering should not be a problem for the current model.

I purchased at Christmas with their 20% off sale (a very nice discount). The next big sale is 420.

I hope the other owners can give even better input. Hope that helps. Good luck and cheers.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
MY UNCLE played that song perfect on his FENDER GUITAR when I was thinking 2-B a SURFER.

CANNABIS being a THINKER type PLANT which was a part of da CULTURE.

Maybe that is why I’m jaded?
Da EVO is part of this kine culture of CANNABIS!
@Baron23 BIG YELLOW TAXI is part of this kine of existence on the PALE BLUE DOT!
MUSIC was more pure?
@sixstringsmash Do U get it?
DICK DALE was a MASTER SURF GUITARIST B-4 Da ERA!

Last edited:

Catnipmint

Hey all,

Long time lurker. Currently looking for my first desktop vape. Was pretty set on getting a log but after doing more research I really like the idea of the EVO (and hopefully no more VAS after this) but have a couple of questions:

1) I have read that the vape path is completely isolated from the heater and other electronics. My understanding is this is accomplished by the heater wrapping around the glass vape path. Is there any breakdown videos or diagrams depicting this? The completely isolated vape path is the biggest selling point to me. Seems to be one of the healthiest ways to vape with even the heater being out of path if that has actually been what is done.

2) Is there going to be a new release any time soon? More than willing to wait months if there will be an EVO 2 or if there will be any revisions to current model.

3) Has there been any revisions lately? I just want to make sure I get the latest model if there will not be any new releases.

Thanks!

Edit: added more context

I think the EVO is the newer version, vaporizers dont evolve as fast as mobile phones, I dont think an EVO2 is coming, maybe a digital version? Look at the Volcano its the oldest and one of the best (second after EVO? :D) desktop vape, Or like Plenty, Mighty, Arizer Extreme Q, Dynavap. There are some nice try, but its hard to create something is new and also much better. (thankg god, we dont have to change our vape in a couple of months).

purplegrass

Just writing a short update as I have owned a vapexhale evo for around a year (if I recall correctly, and its a bit hard to recall things with the evo around;))

So I mainly got the evo for my father to use as the glassware makes it the most closely related to the type of herbal administration apparatus he is used to. After the initial learning curve of any vape, he took an instant liking to it, and he certainly put it thru its paces. He says that it gives him a different effect from smoking the herb, he says it makes him more silly (I can attest to that).
I have used it on a number of occasions (tho I usually use a log vape, as I like to keep my doses fairly micro), and can definitely say that it is a HARD HITTING VAPE, I only need 1 basket and i'm done lol. I usually set the temp low for a few draws, then set it high for the last 1 or 2. (my dad usually just sets it high and gets like 2-3 good draws)
I will also say, it makes the herb go a long way. I was seriously surprised how many draws you can make 1 basket go, it even surprised my dad as he's used to burning it all in 1 go.

*the only downside to this vape is filling the baskets, it is a little tedious, but its really not an issue at all. And you have to be careful when removing the basket from the vape when your done with it as it can get a bit hot, but its a good laugh tho:D

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Just writing a short update as I have owned a vapexhale evo for around a year (if I recall correctly, and its a bit hard to recall things with the evo around;))

So I mainly got the evo for my father to use as the glassware makes it the most closely related to the type of herbal administration apparatus he is used to. After the initial learning curve of any vape, he took an instant liking to it, and he certainly put it thru its paces. He says that it gives him a different effect from smoking the herb, he says it makes him more silly (I can attest to that).
I have used it on a number of occasions (tho I usually use a log vape, as I like to keep my doses fairly micro), and can definitely say that it is a HARD HITTING VAPE, I only need 1 basket and i'm done lol. I usually set the temp low for a few draws, then set it high for the last 1 or 2. (my dad usually just sets it high and gets like 2-3 good draws)
I will also say, it makes the herb go a long way. I was seriously surprised how many draws you can make 1 basket go, it even surprised my dad as he's used to burning it all in 1 go.

*the only downside to this vape is filling the baskets, it is a little tedious, but its really not an issue at all. And you have to be careful when removing the basket from the vape when your done with it as it can get a bit hot, but its a good laugh tho:D
What I like is da FLAVOR?

Effect is why COLAS R important!

EVO if CANNABIS is critical?

Have U tried the QUARTS NAILS with ROSIN?
I use a MOD & TANK with CLAPTON COILS 4 $ saving’s.
I like da NAILS da most! POV?
2-morrow ?NAILS all daze long 2-B CIVILIZED!

purplegrass

Yes, the flavor is strong and pure, ataxian. My dad really likes the flavor too, and he is a better judge than I am since he has more experience with herbs than I do. He says it tastes 'woody' as opposed to ash :)

Have not had the chance to use the nails, unfortunately, tho I can only imagine what the result would be:whoa:

Shorner

I received my Evo a few days ago and I'm a bit underwhelmed to be honest..it's not giving me the rips I was hoping for but it maybe the standard dry mouthpiece , I have ordered a hyrdatube so I'm hoping I will get bigger rips with that I have been filling the elb a 1/3 rd full and dial set to 2 o'clock...my mv1 is giving me much bigger clouds.

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
I received my Evo a few days ago and I'm a bit underwhelmed to be honest..it's not giving me the rips I was hoping for but it maybe the standard dry mouthpiece , I have ordered a hyrdatube so I'm hoping I will get bigger rips with that I have been filling the elb a 1/3 rd full and dial set to 2 o'clock...my mv1 is giving me much bigger clouds.
Hiya, I know this might be a silly question but have you been letting it heat up for at least 5 (or better 10) minutes?

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I like that the EVO has a hard switch and an analog dial as it's interface. The cord is universal if you have a desktop.

A digital version would require more/more sensitive sensors I'm guessing. There is something built in to prevents it from being turned on in cold extremes and protect it from shattering.

Ok cheers I will try that
Yea, let the bamboo heat soak. Also how dense an ELB is packed can effect how much heat/hot air passes through.
I over pack, think about combusting and unpack a little. :freak: Getting the ELB out when it's a hot rivet stuck in a glass socket. :lol: I only trust my fingernail for that problem. Once it's out then I can use a tool to mix or empty.
Other small PITA. The ELBs can clog and need a remedy. Have an older type coil electric stove that does full ELB burn offs. With the fan on full blast.

There is some pics in the archive somewhere in this thread. Yes the glass bamboo is the full airpath. No breaks, I believe.

CANtalk

A different mouthpiece isn't going to change the amount of clouds. Try 2/3 - 3/4 full for the ELB and take a bigger draw. In my experience if your using 2 o'clock on the dial you probably don't need to wait very long after it turns and stays solid green.

My experience so far - (fairly new here too)
- I can vary cloud production depending on the following...
- My unit often gives a false green light about 3 minutes into warm up (other's reported similar behavior here). When I continue to wait I see the unit go back to red again and about it goes and stays solid green at about 5 minutes. This is for the 12'o clock setting. Add ~ 2 minutes longer for the warm-up to 2 o'clock setting.
-Dry flower gives bigger clouds than moist flower (because it's denser but one can pack the bowl with more moist flower to address that).
- The 12 pm position doesn't give me much at all for visible clouds with the first few draws of moist flower, but it's loaded with terps and super flavorful.
- Bigger/ harder draws can hugely increase cloud production vs smaller softer draws.

Big clouds are overrated imo and ime. It's more irritating and less efficient than use with lighter clouds. Either way I find the EVO is very efficient and evenly vaporizes the flower. The AVB is impressively uniform in color and I can toast it to preference fairly simply and consistently.

My EVO has been able to give 30 year combustion cannabis users/friends big big coughing fits from clouds. I've never seem them cough like that from a draw before with smoking or cheaper vape units. From that perspective, it's quite impressive.

Hope it helps. Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

I was lucky so I'm going to pay it forward......When I first got the EVO it was based on a recommendation from @stickstones and once I got it in my greedy little hands he also gave me EVO lessons. That's what I mean by lucky. Here's the beginner tutorial......

- Turn the EVO on and set it to max temp. (She takes awhile to reach temp so it's a good idea to start the heater before anything else like grinding, filling the ELB or making a pizza :brow:)
- While the EVO is heating up prepare your ELB. 1/3 to 1/2 full, average grind and don't pack it. (Sticks also suggested I could use an unground nug or two. When the taste fades then grind it up to get a couple more tasty hits. Makes the taste last longer if your a flavor chaser.)
- By now you've inserted the ELB.
- When she reaches max temp set the temp down to your go-to temp. For me that would be 12 o'clock.
- When she reaches your go-to temp you could take a small priming draw to start the party.
- All the pre-prep work is done. Draw long and hard, easy or anything in between because she can handle it.

IMO - There is a bit of conduction going on here while the time to get to max and back down to your go-to temp occurs. It's nowhere near the heat soaking a conduction vape requires though but it does get the party off to a better start than just loading an ELB and waiting for the EVO to get to 12 o'clock before taking a hit.

CANtalk

@His_Highness, thx for the feedback. I'm sure the EVO is used a number of different ways out there and hopefully others can post up their routines. FWIW, when I spoke with my EVO retailer (who may be the biggest in Canada) about using the EVO he told me to take the ELB out of the unit between draws because it will affect the terps (and a number of VapeXhale Youtube videos give basically the same advice). I think that's definitely appropriate for the first three or so draws from a fresh ELB... when the material has most of its terps. However, after that I don't think keeping the ELB in makes as big a difference, if the time between draws isn't greater than five minutes. The EVO definitely heat soaks over time and the same thing will happen to the ELB if left in the unit for a while. And pulling the ELB out after draws makes it less hot to handle when needed, which is nice. I've gotten used to using my fingers and a finger nail and it's not too hot that way.

One thing I should add to that list is that I typically wait 5-10 seconds after inserting the ELB before drawing. VapeXhale Youtube video guides/advice mention this as well.

On a separate note I received my graphite Precision honeycomb water piece early last week. It looks beautiful! I like how the honeycomb perc stands out whitish against the shaded graphite glass. And it's significantly smaller than I expected.
Graphite_Honeycomb_Lifestyle_900x.png
This picture is from VapeXhale. Mine also has the VapeXhale logo on the stem near the mouthpiece.

Unfortunately, I was under the weather last week and have been unable to use the EVO with this yet. I hope to soon.

Cheers

Last edited:

purplegrass

My EVO has been able to give 30 year combustion users/friends big big coughing fits from clouds. I've never seem them cough like that from a draw before with smoking or cheaper vape units. From that perspective, it's quite impressive.

Oh man, I can attest to that. I've never seen my dad cough his lungs out like he did on a few occasions! Then when he's done and his eyes are totally glassed with a beet red face lmao. then comes the chicken noises:mental:

sisonpyh

@snowman891, I'm a new owner and went with the EVO for a number of reasons that overlap with your wishes. The EVO is great for what it offers.

1) I don't know but a google search may give some good results.
3) The EVO has been a pretty stable platform from what I've read and I haven't found sellers keeping large stock so any ordering should not be a problem for the current model.

I purchased at Christmas with their 20% off sale (a very nice discount). The next big sale is 420.

I hope the other owners can give even better input. Hope that helps. Good luck and cheers.

Thanks for the input! Definitely holding out for the next sale for the EVO. Probably just get the HT from dhgate.

I think the EVO is the newer version, vaporizers dont evolve as fast as mobile phones, I dont think an EVO2 is coming, maybe a digital version? Look at the Volcano its the oldest and one of the best (second after EVO? :D) desktop vape, Or like Plenty, Mighty, Arizer Extreme Q, Dynavap. There are some nice try, but its hard to create something is new and also much better. (thankg god, we dont have to change our vape in a couple of months).

Very good points! A digital version would be incredible. I could see it being hard for them to maintain a constant temperature though with the coils outside the glass?

There is some pics in the archive somewhere in this thread. Yes the glass bamboo is the full airpath. No breaks, I believe.

Nice, will try to dig them up. So many images do not appear on FC, hopefully can still find them. Awesome, thank you for the confirmation on the full glass air path.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I like that the EVO has a hard switch and an analog dial as it's interface. The cord is universal if you have a desktop.

A digital version would require more/more sensitive sensors I'm guessing. There is something built in to prevents it from being turned on in cold extremes and protect it from shattering.

Yea, let the bamboo heat soak. Also how dense an ELB is packed can effect how much heat/hot air passes through.
I over pack, think about combusting and unpack a little. :freak: Getting the ELB out when it's a hot riveted stuck in a glass socket. :lol: I only trust my fingernail for that problem. Once it's out then I can use a tool to mix or empty.
Other small PITA. The ELBs can clog and need a remedy. Have an older type coil electric stove that does full ELB burn offs. With the fan on full blast.

@His_Highness, thx for the feedback. I'm sure the EVO is used a number of different ways out there and hopefully others can post up their routines. FWIW, when I spoke with my EVO retailer (who may be the biggest in Canada) about using the EVO he told me to take the ELB out of the unit between draws because it will affect the terps (and a number of VapeXhale Youtube videos give basically the same advice). I think that's definitely appropriate for the first three or so draws from a fresh ELB... when the material has most of its terps. However, after that I don't think keeping the ELB in makes as big a difference, if the time between draws isn't greater than five minutes. The EVO definitely heat soaks over time and the same thing will happen to the ELB if left in the unit for a while. And pulling the ELB out after draws makes it less hot to handle when needed, which is nice. I've gotten used to using my fingers and a finger nail and it's not too hot that way.

One thing I should add to that list is that I typically wait 5-10 seconds after inserting the ELB before drawing. VapeXhale Youtube video guides/advice mention this as well.

On a separate note I received my graphite Precision honeycomb water piece early last week. It looks beautiful! I like how the honeycomb perc stands out whitish against the shaded graphite glass. And it's significantly smaller than I expected.
Graphite_Honeycomb_Lifestyle_900x.png
This picture is from VapeXhale. Mine also has the VapeXhale logo on the stem near the mouthpiece.

Unfortunately, I was under the weather last week and have been unable to use the EVO with this yet. I hope to soon.

Cheers
the bomb is a great piece 4 da EVO
Da COLOR dark is so nice
BLUE even more !

Azn2101

Hey guys, I figured this would be the place to ask about ELB's; is there a way to crimp them just a little to reduce the height? It literally only needs at max maybe a 1mm or the equivalent of the cover screen shorter.

I'd really appreciate the help if possible. Thanks guys.

Top Bottom