Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Portability is nice but not very important for me. What matters most is ease of use, vapor production, reliability and taste.

The EVO will bust your lungs. Mine is from the first production run, and it still performs flawlessly. Taste just as good or better. And btw, the extraction efficiency will save you $.

IF ANYONE COULD TEACH ME HOW TO RECALIBRATE THESE THINGS, THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

Not gonna happen. The heater is controlled in firmware. Note Stu's post following . . .

I think it's important to note that temps on the Evo can be kinda like time zones. Your 1pm might be my 11am. Get to know your unit and it all becomes second nature as to temp selection.

Exactly, great analogy @Stu. I have rarely touched the dial in 5 years.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok guys, I need your help.

As you can see I have had a cloud for a very long time. Each time I dabble in concentrates, I use my VapeXhale nails.

Let me explain what’s going on. When I went to San Francisco back in July and October I was doing dabs off their dab rig. And it tasted great, etc.

Every time I use my VapeXhale nail, it always tastes the same. Kinda burnt or something. It’s weird. That never happened until it was finished at the places in San Francisco.

Also I’m able to kill the vapor in one hit on the Evo but with San Francisco I had to take a couple of hits.

What’s the deal?

Right now I got some 91% THC CO2 shatter, and it just doesn’t taste like I think it should. Am I doing something wrong?

I’m at 12:00pm on dial.

VapeXhale Nail is completely clean and brand new.

newVaper420,

SonSzu

Hey VapeXhale community, I'm looking for some advice from long term owners of the VapeXhale EVO.

Been vaping for over a decade now. I own a plenty, mighty, volcano, solo, dbv, mflb.

I love my plenty and is my daily driver but it's getting tiresome how long each session takes.

Even a solo .3-.5 session with the plenty can take at least 20 minutes with plenty of draws.

For that reason, I want more of a bong vaporizer.

The Sublimator seems ideal for my use but I can't deal with a half hour start up time.

The VapeXHale seems grossly overpriced, vape, glass & misc ... but it seems to be my only option.

Can experienced vapers help me out:

- Can the VapeXHale Evo offer strong dense vapor? (strong vapor to air ratio)
- Are the glass pieces easily broken? Are they prone to breaking?
- Do any glass pieces with the 18mm socket fit?
- Any good 3rd party manufacturers for the glass?
- Do diff glass pieces change the vapor?
- Which glass piece is ideal for mainly powerful flower vape?
- Does the metal basket get clogged up easily? How often must you clean it?
- Is there a better vaporizer I'm not considering?
- Is there a best time / place to buy this vape / attachments? (Shipping to Canada)
- Should I buy now or wait until December for some holidays sale?

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Hey VapeXhale community, I'm looking for some advice from long term owners of the VapeXhale EVO.

Been vaping for over a decade now. I own a plenty, mighty, volcano, solo, dbv, mflb.

I love my plenty and is my daily driver but it's getting tiresome how long each session takes.

Even a solo .3-.5 session with the plenty can take at least 20 minutes with plenty of draws.

For that reason, I want more of a bong vaporizer.

The Sublimator seems ideal for my use but I can't deal with a half hour start up time.

The VapeXHale seems grossly overpriced, vape, glass & misc ... but it seems to be my only option.

Can experienced vapers help me out:

- Can the VapeXHale Evo offer strong dense vapor? (strong vapor to air ratio)

Yes

- Are the glass pieces easily broken? Are they prone to breaking?

No. I’ve only broke one in 6 years. And it was cause I was stupid.

- Do any glass pieces with the 18mm socket fit?

Yes.

- Any good 3rd party manufacturers for the glass?

Yes. Can’t discuss here though I think.

Yes

I use the turbine. I wish I had my evolver hydratree

- Does the metal basket get clogged up easily? How often must you clean it?

No. After a bunch of bowls with it. Soak in rubbing alcohol. Very easy to clean.

- Is there a better vaporizer I'm not considering?

Not in my opinion.

- Is there a best time / place to buy this vape / attachments? (Shipping to Canada)

No idea.

- Should I buy now or wait until December for some holidays sale?

I think right now they have a Black Friday sale.

SonSzu

Thank you for the detailed answers

Some quick Qs:

Yes

In what way?

Is it anything more than more diffusers in pipe = less flavor but more smooth?

Surely pipe size is irrelevant.

I use the turbine. I wish I had my evolver hydratree

Any reason? What's the diff in application?

Just trying to figure out how this thing works

SonSzu,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Thank you for the detailed answers

Some quick Qs:

In what way?

Is it anything more than more diffusers in pipe = less flavor but more smooth?

Surely pipe size is irrelevant.

Any reason? What's the diff in application?

Just trying to figure out how this thing works

Just different airflow. Different smoothness etc.

Evolver hydratree just hit like a champ. Miss it.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

You mentioned how long each session takes as a detractor for the Plenty. If the "tiresome" session time includes the time to reach temp I thought I'd better mention that the EVO is the slowest vape I own as far as time to temp. Don't get me wrong though....it's more than worth the wait (Best tasting, heaviest hitter I own) and there are ways to compensate for the heat up time such as turning it on first and then prepping the herb and ELB.

In answer to your question about is there a better vape your not considering...if you're looking for a desktop vape that's versatile, brings the taste, effects and massive cool clouds....then no, there isn't a better vape.

For me... the EVO is a connoisseurs vape. It's my fine wine vape versus my quick shot of burning tequila vape. I don't enjoy that tequila shot the same as I "savor" a fine wine. The EVO can do the tequila approach too but it's not my first choice for a quick off the starting line punch in the face.

SonSzu

Thanks for the reply

You mentioned how long each session takes as a detractor for the Plenty. If the "tiresome" session time includes the time to reach temp I thought I'd better mention that the EVO is the slowest vape I own as far as time to temp. Don't get me wrong though....it's more than worth the wait (Best tasting, heaviest hitter I own) and there are ways to compensate for the heat up time such as turning it on first and then prepping the herb and ELB.

No the startup is fine. I have no complaints about the plenty except that even a solo session takes at least 20m.

5m - 10m startup is within reason. I've heard it takes half an hour to heat up the sublimator. That's inexcusable imo.

Thankfully the Plenty has a 4m start to max time. I think the VXH Evo has the exact same heat up time for 12 or 1 o'clock (4m) but haven't measured it myself. Sneaky Pete, a youtuber, measured it though.

Do you use the EVO past 1 o'clock on the dial? What temps do you prefer for flower vs concentrates?

Is the concentrations vial included in the EVO

In answer to your question about is there a better vape your not considering...if you're looking for a desktop vape that's versatile, brings the taste, effects and massive cool clouds....then no, there isn't a better vape.

Any experience with the sublimator or the flowerpot vrod / showerhead? Besides my own pipe, I'd prefer not having to babysit glass. I'm still trying to figure out how long the newvape VROD takes to start up.

For me... the EVO is a connoisseurs vape. It's my fine wine vape versus my quick shot of burning tequila vape. I don't enjoy that tequila shot the same as I "savor" a fine wine. The EVO can do the tequila approach too but it's not my first choice for a quick off the starting line punch in the face.

Can you explain? I'm only considering the Evo because I want a "bong" type vaporizer. I was under the impression that the Evo was exactly that.

if it isn't a first tier choice "for a quick off the starting line punch in the face"... then what is it?

And what device would you choose as a punch in the face?

SonSzu,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Do you use the EVO past 1 o'clock on the dial? What temps do you prefer for flower vs concentrates?

Any experience with the sublimator or the flowerpot vrod / showerhead? Besides my own pipe, I'd prefer not having to babysit glass. I'm still trying to figure out how long the newvape VROD takes to start up.

Can you explain? I'm only considering the Evo because I want a "bong" type vaporizer. I was under the impression that the Evo was exactly that.

if it isn't a first tier choice "for a quick off the starting line punch in the face"... then what is it?

For a new bowl/ELB I start at Noon. After that I temp step up to 2.5 where I usually finish things off. I've had combustion at 3 and greater so I rarely go past 2.5 for herb. I don't use the EVO for concentrates mostly because I don't use concentrates often and when I do I usually mix it up with CBD oil and use it in a e-cig for out and about. I did get educated on how to use the EVO for concentrates early on by @stickstones and it works great but concentrates are not my thing.

When I bought my EVO it came with one concentrate tube but I'm not sure what the new package you might buy would include.

I have no experience with the sublimator, flowerpot, etc.

Once you get past the time to temp the EVO is the best "bong" type vape I know and will bring the taste, smoothness and clouds like no other. There's a purity to the vapor that my other vapes can't equal. I may be spoiled but if I'm not interested in "enjoying/savoring" the session and "off the starting line" (new bowl, new session) want a quick, much less tasty punch in the face I'll use the Herbalizer. If the EVO time to temp were the same as the Herbalizer I'd use the EVO. This is what I meant by the EVO wouldn't be my first choice for a "quick" punch in the face.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply

No the startup is fine. I have no complaints about the plenty except that even a solo session takes at least 20m.

5m - 10m startup is within reason. I've heard it takes half an hour to heat up the sublimator. That's inexcusable imo.

Thankfully the Plenty has a 4m start to max time. I think the VXH Evo has the exact same heat up time for 12 or 1 o'clock (4m) but haven't measured it myself. Sneaky Pete, a youtuber, measured it though.

I think that’s subjective. When I first got my Cloud, it surely was a punch in the face. It felt like smoking for the first time. I think over time though the body gets used to it.

When I went to San Francisco you know what destroyed me? The Volcano. I want to get one of those. But it does use a lot of material.

Everyone has their own thing. I think the Grasshopper hits harder than my Evo, but I definitely can’t recommend the grasshopper.

I love my Cloud/Evo. It’s been my daily driver for 6 years and it’s not gonna change.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Current 25% off promo pushed me over the top...EVO incoming :rockon:
It’s really taste so amazing!
Da EFFECT is perfection = CIVILIZED BEHAVIOR
Just saying?

@newVaper420 its not my business.

I use many different units.
The EVO doesn’t use much herb?

Never had a bag?
I did not try CANNABIS until 1970.
So maybe I am not qualified?
ZIGZAG was all we had?
It was free at least! By da beach! (4 people who surfed)
COLAS were 4 people who appreciated POT?
3xCOLAS one meter long give or take a inch? = $10 after Surfing! (MEXICO)

Before brick weed!
$10 was a lot back in da day?

Last edited:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Have you tried dialing the temp down even lower? Or hitting it sooner and/or faster?
It sounds like you are overheating it.

I just did some Pink Lady Rosin, and it tasted really good. I think I did that one right.

It’s really taste so amazing!
Da EFFECT is perfection = CIVILIZED BEHAVIOR
Just saying?

@newVaper420 its not my business.

You are the best! :-)

newVaper420,
Reactions: ataxian

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

caliganja420

ddypv9.jpg

Evo returned from repair center, new bamboo :rockon::clap:
Also new turbine hydratube, i LOVE how small they are, the old tubes were massive!!
Hopefully one day i will be able to meet @ataxian :science::leaf:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
ddypv9.jpg

Evo returned from repair center, new bamboo :rockon::clap:
Also new turbine hydratube, i LOVE how small they are, the old tubes were massive!!
Hopefully one day i will be able to meet @ataxian :science::leaf:
I love da EVO so much!
Wasted everyday like BUZZ LIGHT YEAR!
CIVILIZED like BENDER!
Need basket’s 2 put it back in my rotation!
I need 2 order some 2-day!
I miss it so much!
That’s it I will buy some basket’s 4-My EVO! (2-daz)

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I love da EVO so much!
Wasted everyday like BUZZ LIGHT YEAR!
CIVILIZED like BENDER!
Need basket’s 2 put it back in my rotation!
I need 2 order some 2-day!
I miss it so much!
That’s it I will buy some basket’s 4-My EVO! (2-daz)

You ran out of baskets? That’s not civilized LOL.

Hopefully you get them soon. I have like 12 myself hahaha

Top Bottom