Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

MinnBobber

I hate portables however open to the latest greatest?

I tried a CRAFTY.
For most it's fine?
I'm hyper sensitive to FLAVOR!

I like plug-ins the best!
@ataxian ,
if you really want to try a great portable, you might want to read thru the miniVAP thread.
It has superb flavor and has a huge battery AND an optional AC puck to use as a desktop.

I briefly had an EVO but the miniVAP displaced it as I thought the mV flavor was slightly better (or at least a tie) and it is much easier to use and especially for you---- NO GLASS PARTS NEEDED ;)
I love the Flexicone wire basket modules for ease of use and loading ahead.
Just another option for ya...

I also own a Mighty and miniVAP flavor is much better than it.

EDIT- I rate the EVO and miniVAP as the top 2 vapes, depending on one's wants and needs as to which is #1 and which is #2

Last edited:

TboneToker

@ataxian ,
if you really want to try a great portable, you might want to read thru the miniVAP thread.
It has superb flavor and has a huge battery AND an optional AC puck to use as a desktop.

I briefly had an EVO but the miniVAP displaced it as I thought the mV flavor was slightly better (or at least a tie) and it is much easier to use and especially for you---- NO GLASS PARTS NEEDED ;)
I love the Flexicone wire basket modules for ease of use and loading ahead.
Just another option for ya...

I also own a Mighty and miniVAP flavor is much better than it.

AHH RIGHT I FORGOT ABOUT THE VAP, YES! @ataxian if you can try it, definitely worth it if you need a portable, but from what I can see you don't ablsolutely need one! The minivap is big, but it's actually a desktop vape, that is portable.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
AHH RIGHT I FORGOT ABOUT THE VAP, YES! @ataxian if you can try it, definitely worth it if you need a portable, but from what I can see you don't absolutely need one! The minivap is big, but it's actually a desktop vape, that is portable.
I don't want to come off as a problem child.

My EVO; NANO; SOLO I use all day.

I have others as well that I use sometimes.

The EVO is easy to use and provides FLAVOR/EFFECT = CIVILIZED

I never have tried a MINI VAP?
@MinnBobber I will research it!

Last edited:

TboneToker

I don't want to come off as a problem child.

My EVO; NANO; SOLO I use all day.

I have others as well that I use sometimes.

The EVO is easy to use and provides FLAVOR/EFFECT = CIVILIZED

I never have tried a MINI VAP?
@MinnBobber I will research it!

Evo I think I'll really love because the Aromed and Volcano, while both having amazing vapor quality and are really great to use, both are kind of "clunky" only in the sense that one uses a bag and one uses a whip, whereas the Evo is just me , myEvo, and Glass.

[vaporpedia link removed due to malware]

This post says it takes 10 minutes to heat up but you guys say 2-4 minutes?

Last edited by a moderator:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Evo I think I'll really love because the Aromed and Volcano, while both having amazing vapor quality and are really great to use, both are kind of "clunky" only in the sense that one uses a bag and one uses a whip, whereas the Evo is just me , myEvo, and Glass.

[vaporpedia link removed due to malware]

This post says it takes 10 minutes to heat up but you guys say 2-4 minutes?
GetFileAttachment

I love the QUARTS NAIL'S however I keep breaking them.
Lucky I have lot's of SHATTER somewhere?

The EVO I use so much.
I think? (maybe not)?

Time to look for a durable material!
Changing floors is not an option.

However I am CIVILIZED

TboneToker

The light will turn green in 2-4 minutes, but the unit doesn't perform up to its full potential until it has been on for 10-20 minutes IME.

:peace:

So did the original cloud not work perfect until like 15-25 minutes?

TboneToker,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
The light will turn green in 2-4 minutes, but the unit doesn't perform up to its full potential until it has been on for 10-20 minutes IME.

I'm more in the 5 minute and 1 priming hit camp as far as my opinion on full potential. I'll have to try the 10-20 minute hang time and see. I didn't think I had to wait that long for a convection vape.

EDIT: Forgot to ask...that wait time...is that with the ELB in or does it even matter? Reason I ask....if the wait is with the ELB in doesn't that imply some beneficial conduction gets us to full potential?

waxdab23

I'm more in the 5 minute and 1 priming hit camp as far as my opinion on full potential. I'll have to try the 10-20 minute hang time and see. I didn't think I had to wait that long for a convection vape.

EDIT: Forgot to ask...that wait time...is that with the ELB in or does it even matter? Reason I ask....if the wait is with the ELB in doesn't that imply some beneficial conduction gets us to full potential?

Without the elb. To let the unit get soaked in heat.

Poostuff

Please delete
Do the 20 minute heat soak but try popping the ELB in about 30 - 40 seconds before you hit it, I do this & get faster output with less priming. It makes sense to me because when the joint is hot to touch it's obviously going to add a little conduction.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I honestly always heat soak so I can't compare but the EVO always kicks my ass! About 30-40 minutes at 3 then turned down to noon or 1ish is my prefer.

It is deadly. I use my logs more often just cause the EVO will kill me. But when I want to get shitfaced :)

I can never feel it til it's too late :lol:

Or really experience the taste the EVO is my go to for that. I rock 11 on those sessions, still long heat soak. I'm slow moving in general the heat soak just comes naturally, by time I'm ready it's already soaked :)

Any new tubes on the market? Or the portable EVO? I have been status quo for too long my GAS and VAS is in full swing....gas a bit more so.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Or really experience the taste the EVO is my go to for that. I rock 11 on those sessions, still long heat soak. I'm slow moving in general the heat soak just comes naturally, by time I'm ready it's already soaked :)
Good use of time management there. :lol:I time my desktop to how long it takes me to make a pot of coffee.
So did the original cloud not work perfect until like 15-25 minutes?
So there is more than one version? If I were to consider getting a used one somewhere, this is a thing. How can you tell the difference? How long have they been around?
Does anybody own an EVO that is perhaps out of warranty, that they repaired in any way?
I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these bad boys, anyone know of any discount codes from vapexhale?
Don't they have like 3 select days they tend to have sales or something? I'm waiting till 4/20 and a ton of research otherwise. Will definitely register it as soon as it arrives and mention it to others to do so. Thanks for bringing up their info on that here several posts back.:tup:

Is there a rec'd retailer or would buying direct be a smarter move? Warranty and RMA is a big deal for me. Saved me the headaches and money lost with 4 different brand of vaporizers.:bang:
Essential info for a High end vape that uses glass parts. In a nutshell. Anything about the internals and the glass bamboo.

Glad to hear the good and bad and ??? of the EVO here at FC. :peace:

TboneToker

So there is more than one version? If I were to consider getting a used one somewhere, this is a thing. How can you tell the difference? How long have they been around?
Does anybody own an EVO that is perhaps out of warranty, that they repaired in any way?

Glad to hear the good and bad and ??? of the EVO here at FC. :peace:

No I mean the old version as in the Cloud and the Cloud+, then they made the Cloud Evo. Kind of like version 1.0 2.0 3.0

CODE FOR VAPEXHALE IS " stayup " 10% off all

this is at vapexhale.com

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

You don't have to wait. As @Stu indicated, you can hit the EVO as soon as it goes green. The vapor production you get will of course be dependent on the temp setting you're at, i.e., if it goes green set at 3, it will have taken a little longer to go to green than if set at say 12, but it will be hotter and produce more vapor. Below about 11 the vapor is usually fairly light, but some prefer vaping at that lower temp. All that said, when the casing itself (feel it at the top around the joint) becomes hot then heat will not dissipate when it is hit. The ELB should not be put into the joint until you are ready to hit it lest you lose some turpines which vape quickly at a low temperature. Many of us old timers use @stickstones method or close to it, which is to turn the EVO on set at max, wait for green, turn dial down to desired pulling setting (usually between 12-2), wait for green again, then go for it. IME that usually takes about 10-15 minutes.

Is there a rec'd retailer or would buying direct be a smarter move? Warranty and RMA is a big deal for me.

The EVO is not designed to be user repairable, and you won't be able to obtain the critical components anyway, i.e., the bamboo, the onboard firmware eprom, and the insulation jacket. But VXL has a good warranty, repair prices are quite reasonable (the bamboo is $75 replace out of warranty), and turnaround is good.

In the U.S. most buy direct, but you can also purchase through an authorized agent. Give @stickstones a holler, he is tight with VXL and will see you get the best deal. Warranty and service all handled direct by VXL.

:myday::science:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
My newest EVO seems to hit as good after 3 minutes as after a long heat soak. I'm not sure anymore if the heat soak is needed. Also without heat soak it's more of a pure smooth convection. Especially when I microdose lately. Even the 3 minutes heat up can be enough to extract it all in one hit so why should I keep waiting longer?

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
so why should I keep waiting longer?
You shouldn't. Because as @oldiebutgoodie has already stated - you don't have to wait. And if your method works for you, then by all means play-on, my friend!

The heat soak method is simply a sure-fire way to ensure that one achieves maximum vapor production at any given dial setting - but (as you already know) it is certainly not a necessity.

I say, enjoy your Evo, your way! :tup:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I've most definitely had good results with no heat soak, it's just I tend to turn mine on, poop, shower, make food, grind some bud, fill the elbs, run some hot water for the tube, etc :lol: maybe read some FC watch the news, by time I am ready it's well past 15-20, but it works good quickly if you need it for that

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I have a few unit's however someone as SMART as you must have an EVO?
Not smart enough yet. :hmm:That's why I'm here first. :sherlock: Smart people talk to other smart people before making a key decision. ;) Want to know more about the internals and what I would have to go through to send one back. Yes, I've heard some things, but need to know more basic info and maintenance. Commen problems. Dealing with RMA's etc. Customer relations etc. Had too many RMAs with 5 different vape companies to ignore that possibility. Plus one FCer had a unit not fit right with their watertool. So the quality control needs a little more ratcheting for me to pull the trigger.

$300+ for a new unit is a bit of a bump for me. I read up heavily and was recommended a good seller, etc. when I got my EQ. The research paid off for me. I could have easily had a bad experience that could have turned me off from vaping. So glad I found FC when reading about the PAX vaporizer. RMA'ed it 4X!! So how long has Vapexhale been around? Will get to know the older models like @TboneToker mentioned and the design changes. Vapecritic's 'stayup' promo is still valid.

Then there is the whole $150 hydrotube Vaphales/aftermarket/DHgate option. :hmm: What one resembles the duel matrix (that I broke. Breaking glass another reason for my hesitation.) is probably my thing. A waterpeice that requires a hydrofoot looks like something to avoid.
I'll will want the 4 extra ELB because 2 will go with my CFX portable and other projects I'm guessing. :science:Guess the ELB is semi-compatable with the CFX or so I've read. ELB's are harder to come by at a reasonable price. So I'd buy them as a package direct.

My will is gong to be tested by April 20th if I don't get one. l assure you. Keep me updated on the good bad and the ??? and I will probably cave in beforehand. But I do want to cover all the bases and know where to ship things for repairs worst case. :uhoh: I won't have the budget for two new ones. So saving up my budget and/or finding a sweet deal with a warranty from an authorized dealer. Might even buy one locally??

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Not smart enough yet. :hmm:That's why I'm here first. :sherlock: Smart people talk to other smart people before making a key decision. ;) Want to know more about the internals and what I would have to go through to send one back. Yes, I've heard some things, but need to know more basic info and maintenance. Commen problems. Dealing with RMA's etc. Customer relations etc. Had too many RMAs with 5 different vape companies to ignore that possibility. Plus one FCer had a unit not fit right with their watertool. So the quality control needs a little more ratcheting for me to pull the trigger.

$300+ for a new unit is a bit of a bump for me. I read up heavily and was recommended a good seller, etc. when I got my EQ. The research paid off for me. I could have easily had a bad experience that could have turned me off from vaping. So glad I found FC when reading about the PAX vaporizer. RMA'ed it 4X!! So how long has Vapexhale been around? Will get to know the older models like @TboneToker mentioned and the design changes. Vapecritic's 'stayup' promo is still valid.

Then there is the whole $150 hydrotube Vaphales/aftermarket/DHgate option. :hmm: What one resembles the duel matrix (that I broke. Breaking glass another reason for my hesitation.) is probably my thing. A waterpeice that requires a hydrofoot looks like something to avoid.
I'll will want the 4 extra ELB because 2 will go with my CFX portable and other projects I'm guessing. :science:Guess the ELB is semi-compatable with the CFX or so I've read. ELB's are harder to come by at a reasonable price. So I'd buy them as a package direct.

My will is gong to be tested by April 20th if I don't get one. l assure you. Keep me updated on the good bad and the ??? and I will probably cave in beforehand. But I do want to cover all the bases and know where to ship things for repairs worst case. :uhoh: I won't have the budget for two new ones. So saving up my budget and/or finding a sweet deal with a warranty from an authorized dealer. Might even buy one locally??
I'm yanking your chain!

I am more of a risk taker than most?

My EVO taste very much to my liking!
I know I don't count however today before nap it knocked me out!

OK = CRYSTAL COOKIES = DEVASTATING
LEVEL = MIDNIGHT
FLAVOR + EFFECT = CIVILIZED

NAIL'S for WAX?
KILLER

STAINLESS STEEL BASKET'S blow GonG'S out of the water!
I did a cost analysis and at $300 it was lower cost in use than a Glass Adapter to use it!

It's worth it!

TboneToker

I'm yanking your chain!

I am more of a risk taker than most?

My EVO taste very much to my liking!
I know I don't count however today before nap it knocked me out!

OK = CRYSTAL COOKIES = DEVASTATING
LEVEL = MIDNIGHT
FLAVOR + EFFECT = CIVILIZED

NAIL'S for WAX?
KILLER

STAINLESS STEEL BASKET'S blow GonG'S out of the water!
I did a cost analysis and at $300 it was lower cost in use than a Glass Adapter to use it!

It's worth it!

ataxian how can you use the vapexnail for concentrates with a glass piece if the vapexhale is upside down? will it still work

TboneToker,
Reactions: ataxian
Top Bottom