• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

SD_haze

The nice thing with a Ti nail is you heat to where it's glowing a certain amount, count a set number of seconds, and it's impossible for the nail to get any hotter, only cooler, so you just get the flavor you want. I don't see how you could get the same behavior from the evo without a software change...
What about turning it off before you take a drop in the nail and take a hit? That way it can't get any hotter through the hit ...

Nice idea!
That would certainly be a a way to prevent overheating without a software change.

you don't need to break out the ISO if your oil bubbles into the bamboo. Mine does all the time because I'm using cheap crumble. The heater puts out enough heat to burn off any residuals before the next session. I definitely can not detect any flavor change when running normal flowers, after a VXN-bubble-up issue.

That's what I'm starting to think. I played around with 'baking' the tube for 5 minutes and it burned off everything below the slit. I haven't detected a flavor change either. However, the smell of the EVO and HT did change. It has a burned concentrate smell, but not enough of an issue, yet, to change the taste.

I busted out one of my C02 extract filled syringes to really put the flavor to the test. It did a great job. I didn't taste any leftover residue. I'm going to continue to use the VXN (shouldn't it be VapeXTube?) and monitor the bamboo.

Lastly, on the subject of best results. I found very high temps give the one and done hits. Mid-range temps give the two hitters. I like to start by slowly drawing a little air for 2-5 seconds, to increase the tube's heat. Stop for a moment (empty your lungs). And then take the hit.

DubCRider

I cleaned my EVO today with great results! Here is a walk through of how I did it.

You need an EVO, ISO, Salt, a small waterballoon, plastic bag, and a 5" round balloon.

Attatch the small balloon around the bottom of the bamboo. Blow in the top to make sure it is seated well and will hold air.

Cut a corner off the bag so it fits snug around the 18mm male joint.

Pour in salt.

Pour in ISO

Place 5" balloon over 18mm male joint and shake vigorously.

When done, remove the bottom balloon first while EVO is upright and let drain. Pinch the top balloon to prevent anything coming out and pull it off the 18mm male joint. Place your bag back over the 18mm male joint and flush with water until happy. Let it completely dry before use!

It took me all of 5min from start to finish and the bamboo is considerably cleaner. How does everyone else tackle cleaning?

I cleaned my EVO today with great results! Here is a walk through of how I did it.

You need an EVO, ISO, Salt, a small waterballoon, plastic bag, and a 5" round balloon.

Attatch the small balloon around the bottom of the bamboo. Blow in the top to make sure it is seated well and will hold air.

Cut a corner off the bag so it fits snug around the 18mm male joint.

Pour in salt.

Pour in ISO

Place 5" balloon over 18mm male joint and shake vigorously.

When done, remove the bottom balloon first while EVO is upright and let drain. Pinch the top balloon to prevent anything coming out and pull it off the 18mm male joint. Place your bag back over the 18mm male joint and flush with water until happy. Let it completely dry before use!

It took me all of 5min from start to finish and the bamboo is considerably cleaner. How does everyone else tackle cleaning?
I love it!! Everything except the shaking vigorously lol

mlo4sho

I'm sorry to say that I still prefer the taste of Ti... I think the VXN tastes just as good (maybe better!) in the beginning but it's just such a crapshoot as to how long to draw until you get "end-taste"

I'm pretty sure this is because the evo's heater compensates for your hit by getting hotter! It works just fine for flower, but IMO the software is not designed for vape-friendly air temperatures with the VXN sitting way down in the heater.

I hit at 11 (and 10 when fully warm) and I can watch the hit thin out, then get thicker as (I'm guessing) the heater kicks on again at the end. And if I do a big half a pea dab it's hard to see the change in vapor density and you inevitably get smoke-vape at the end and get that nasty aftertaste.

The nice thing with a Ti nail is you heat to where it's glowing a certain amount, count a set number of seconds, and it's impossible for the nail to get any hotter, only cooler, so you just get the flavor you want. I don't see how you could get the same behavior from the evo without a software change...
Have you tried higher temps? With low temperatures (12 and below) I had similar findings in that it was hard to tell when the dab had been vaporized and if I was now vaping the left-over waxy residue because the vapor never went super thick and then super thin. When I hit at 3:00, it's pretty easy to tell when the dab is done. The chamber immediately fills with thick vapor and you continue to get thick vapor for a couple more seconds, then when the production slows just stop inhaling and clear your hit. The leftover crap will then just boil off, if your timing is right. Good taste without the plant matter/burnt nail taste. It takes a few tries to get a hang of it, but once you have your technique and your temperature dialed in you won't have to taste the crap end of the dab. You can certainly do this at lower temps but I found it easier to dab at higher temps when first getting used to the VapeXNail.

Hioctane

Vaked
While I can understand why one might feel that way, over 68% (and that number is climbing everyday) of people that have ordered single VXNs, have come back and ordered multiple nails, either because they wanted back ups or that they needed extra ones when they have friends over. Of that 68%, over half asked (and some demanded) that we foot the shipping and handling bill on the re-order. As we have said in the past, we make decisions based on what would benefit the majority. Some might think this is profit motivated and for that, we can't change anyone's mind but we have the data, the response, and the feedback from existing users and almost all agree that one is not enough.

Lastly, for those that don't understand glass, glass is not something that scales well. Meaning we pay the same when we buy 10 and when we buy 100. These are all handmade still and there are labor costs associated with glass and that is why we can only offer a slight discount on the 5 pack. We would hope that with our history on this forum and track record of trying to do our best with our customers, people would put a little bit more faith in our decisions. Creating an all glass method has taken a lot of time and R&D dollars and none of us are making what would be described as a "comfortable wage" as we continue to build this high end vape market. We are just extremely happy and pleased to be building vaporizers for a community that we love and that's why we do it, but we still need to keep the lights on to keep the business running.

Ideally, we have found 3 to be the minimum amount someone would need to always have one ready to load while the other two are cooling down. We don't want to gouge anyone but we also don't want to deal with all the emails of people complaining that one is not enough. Would a 2 pack be a reasonable compromise?
I think 2 would be perfect...

PNWMMJ

While I can understand why one might feel that way, over 68% (and that number is climbing everyday) of people that have ordered single VXNs, have come back and ordered multiple nails, either because they wanted back ups or that they needed extra ones when they have friends over. Of that 68%, over half asked (and some demanded) that we foot the shipping and handling bill on the re-order. As we have said in the past, we make decisions based on what would benefit the majority. Some might think this is profit motivated and for that, we can't change anyone's mind but we have the data, the response, and the feedback from existing users and almost all agree that one is not enough.

Lastly, for those that don't understand glass, glass is not something that scales well. Meaning we pay the same when we buy 10 and when we buy 100. These are all handmade still and there are labor costs associated with glass and that is why we can only offer a slight discount on the 5 pack. We would hope that with our history on this forum and track record of trying to do our best with our customers, people would put a little bit more faith in our decisions. Creating an all glass method has taken a lot of time and R&D dollars and none of us are making what would be described as a "comfortable wage" as we continue to build this high end vape market. We are just extremely happy and pleased to be building vaporizers for a community that we love and that's why we do it, but we still need to keep the lights on to keep the business running.

Ideally, we have found 3 to be the minimum amount someone would need to always have one ready to load while the other two are cooling down. We don't want to gouge anyone but we also don't want to deal with all the emails of people complaining that one is not enough. Would a 2 pack be a reasonable compromise?

Since there is no price break on quantity, the simple answer is why not let the consumer decide how many to purchase? Is there some underlying reason you feel the need to make us choose a set quantity of nails?

Mine was only 4.99 to ship it to me. That is easy to pay if I needed a 2nd or third one. And I was expecting to pay it had I wanted another one. IMHO those asking not to pay this are asking too much. I would stop listening to your customer and just do what you want to do(to a certain extent lol) =P . In the end you can only please so many.

VapeNStone,

Lawnboy

Would a 2 pack be a reasonable compromise?

Yes, I was just getting ready to place an order for 2 when the site was changed. I have limited access to concentrates, so I'm sure that 2 would be enough for me. I may wait to place my order if the Hydrafoot 2.0 will be available soon.

Lawnboy,
Reactions: grokit

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
As a Boy Scout, I made it all the way to Tenderfoot, so I'm happy '3' is the number of nails I have: one for each EVO and a spare: I'm gonna "Be Prepared" for stupidly breaking one, I hope, 'later' than 'sooner'. Knowing me, unfortunately, just as the sun rises every morning, and ducks quack, I will surely, or I will, Shirley, break a few along the road.

PNWMMJ

Did you actually read the post you quoted?
Yes i did, lost a few words in editing. My apologies on the "no discount for quantity" statement i was incorrect on. I simply dont have the moolah to drop on 3 or 5 to see if i like the effect or if my lungs can tolerate the concentrates or not. Such is life. Ill guess I'll just stick with flower. I wont bring it up again. Back to the regurlarly scheduled programming.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I slept
... Knowing me, unfortunately, just as the sun rises every morning, and ducks quack, I will surely, or I will, Shirley, break a few along the road.
I've told you. Stop calling me Shirley!

EVO report: Being able to switch between an ELB and the VXN, is wonderful!
After six uses, I'm ready to clean my VXN... I'm thinking the standard PBW quick wash/rinse I do the ELBs in would work fine.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Yes i did, lost a few words in editing. My apologies on the "no discount for quantity" statement i was incorrect on. I simply dont have the moolah to drop on 3 or 5 to see if i like the effect or if my lungs can tolerate the concentrates or not. Such is life. Ill guess I'll just stick with flower. I wont bring it up again. Back to the regurlarly scheduled programming.

I actually agree with you. To the people who were complaining that they wanted another VXN to ship for free, well, I think you should have just told them, no, you have to order again. Problem solved. And then, people can order 1, 2, 10, 30, whatever they want. I have no idea why anyone would assume if you buy something once, the next time you buy something you won't have to pay for the shipping. I have never heard of that in my life.

Anyhow, that's just my 2 cents. I have no access to concentrates anyway, so it doesn't matter to me.

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
Anyone have runaway heating happen recently? Just happened to me last night on an EVO I've been using for months. Had to break out the OG ticker.

you mean like overheating?

I still feel reset-able bimetallic switches would be a good feature SM :D

see following text from 1st google hit:
Thermal protection
When an appliance overheats, there is the potential for a fire to ignite. A bimetal switch is designed to reduce this danger significantly. As soon as temperatures reach a dangerous range, the heat source or the appliance will shut off. This is an important feature for appliances like cars, ovens, furnaces, clothes dryers, hair dryers and more.

Most appliances that utilize a thermal switch have resetting properties. When the appliance resets itself, its snap action response returns to normal as soon as the high temperatures return to normal. This safety feature is reliable, dependable and affordable. A thermostat with a bimetal switch can either be reset, or you can buy a preset switch through the manufacturer.

tldr: would love to see mechanical auto shut off feature for overheating

arf777

No longer dogless
you mean like overheating?

I still feel reset-able bimetallic switches would be a good feature SM :D

see following text from 1st google hit:
Thermal protection
When an appliance overheats, there is the potential for a fire to ignite. A bimetal switch is designed to reduce this danger significantly. As soon as temperatures reach a dangerous range, the heat source or the appliance will shut off. This is an important feature for appliances like cars, ovens, furnaces, clothes dryers, hair dryers and more.

Most appliances that utilize a thermal switch have resetting properties. When the appliance resets itself, its snap action response returns to normal as soon as the high temperatures return to normal. This safety feature is reliable, dependable and affordable. A thermostat with a bimetal switch can either be reset, or you can buy a preset switch through the manufacturer.

tldr: would love to see mechanical auto shut off feature for overheating

Yup. Everything started scorching. I know this happened with some units a while back, but I've had this one for many months. Need a new battery for my IR thermometer to check the exact level of overheating.

What happened in detail with your heater and was there any damage done?

No idea. This just happened last night and I have submitted a ticket this morning. Though this unit has been dropped in the past, it has not been dropped or bumped since last week, and I use it every day. So it seems no physical trauma caused it.

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
Anyone have runaway heating happen recently? Just happened to me last night on an EVO I've been using for months. Had to break out the OG ticker.

My mother-in-law started to experience overheating. She would get a SOLID red light and no matter what it would never go green. Pretty sure it was running on MAX. Turning the knob did nothing and the bamboo glowed orange after I did some testing and left it on for 10 min. This is a USA unit.

Sent back in to be looked at this week. I will report back when we figure out whats going on.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Yup. Everything started scorching. I know this happened with some units a while back, but I've had this one for many months. Need a new battery for my IR thermometer to check the exact level of overheating.

No idea. This just happened last night and I have submitted a ticket this morning. Though this unit has been dropped in the past, it has not been dropped or bumped since last week, and I use it every day. So it seems no physical trauma caused it.

What do you mean by "Everything started scorching"? Do you mean the herb in the ELB, or the unit itself, like the plastic part up by the GonG?

Are you in the US, or international?

I don't recall any US units having the runaway heating the international units were experiencing. Where the whole bamboo would glow molten, and the unit would start to smoke.

If you're just talking about the herb is getting scorched, that sounds like a cracked bamboo. Try plugging one end and blowing in the other. If it's good to go, there won't be a leak.

Sounds like you cracked the bamboo when you dropped it, the crack just didn't go all the way through until now. The successive heating/coolings since then probably finished the job for you.

All's not lost though. It's only $88 to get the bamboo replaced, and it's a very quick turnaround.

Roth,
Reactions: vakedcow

arf777

No longer dogless
What do you mean by "Everything started scorching"? Do you mean the herb in the ELB, or the unit itself, like the plastic part up by the GonG?

Are you in the US, or international?

I don't recall any US units having the runaway heating the international units were experiencing. Where the whole bamboo would glow molten, and the unit would start to smoke.

If you're just talking about the herb is getting scorched, that sounds like a cracked bamboo. Try plugging one end and blowing in the other. If it's good to go, there won't be a leak.

Sounds like you cracked the bamboo when you dropped it, the crack just didn't go all the way through until now. The successive heating/coolings since then probably finished the job for you.

All's not lost though. It's only $88 to get the bamboo replaced, and it's a very quick turnaround.

The vapables are all scorching. Tried 4 different strains that normally need different temps to produce visible vapor, all spewing white vapor and scorching after one pull.

However, the bamboo is not getting glowing hot, nor is the light staying red. It's just getting crazy hot.

I'm a US Early Bird. Already had the bamboo replaced once due to cracking from a drop. Turnaround time for me was incredibly quick, as I live in Maryland (repair was done in PA).

arf777,
Top Bottom