Underdog Log Vapes

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I'd say it performs about five times better than any of my other vapes. I can't confirm yet, but using a whip seems to tame the heat thing I mentioned.
Although I've got some very nice glass, I use my dogs dry about 98% of the time. Hot harsh rips are nary a problem... set your temp, pack, and load distance right, draw slow and easy. When throat starts to tickle just shy of a cough - STOP n chase with cool fresh air! It's really that simple... RELAX, take it slow n easy - this ain't no horse race ;-)

Last edited:

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Good to know. Also a consideration for camping stoves. I have come up with lightweight wind shields for ISO camping stoves. Medical grade ISO is multipurpose for outdoors anyway.
Maybe preheating it with an aroma cap to get the metal to temp? :hmm: Also there are ways/methods/actual wind screens to play with air restriction for camp stoves that have about the same diameter as the UD. I really don't want to lug extra heavy gear but anything lightweight to help it conserve power and withstand some wind would be a plus.

Another consideration is where the UD draws its air. From the top to the core then through the stem right? A taller walled model might be somewhat more wind resistant?
Or a fake wall. something tube shaped enough that might slide over the base and unit as protection. Then slip up slightly a few inches as a wind guard. could even have a ring of holes around the top. Or sumthin'.

Also Is the lack of air restriction of the UD or so I'm guessing. Watched @Aimless Ryan 's UD vids and got that impression anyway.

Bad under powered loop - Ramps over time to get to full heat, then cools off quickly due to lack of restriction (and perhaps cools the elements in windy conditions), so it warms up air inside the length of the vapor pat more slowly. Been in that loop with other less powerful vapes.

IS preheating the SS tip for the UD a thing with anybody? tx

You can let a loaded SS stem sit in the heater for a few seconds to help preheat the load.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
IS preheating the SS tip for the UD a thing with anybody? tx

No need for preheating slugger although I tend to let mine heatsoak for 5 seconds or so. A hot to trot UD is pretty much slip UD over NonG & start drawing immediately so that would be a 3 second heatsoak :lol:.

@Aimless Ryan a faster draw speed will provide cooler vapour as more air is moving over the heat source for less time. A small whip may help lengthen the vapour path to cool things off a bit :shrug: ? As for glass I would suggest something that has a low center of gravity & a larger base for stabilityThe FC UFO is popular round here as they are reasonably cheap, stable & you can swap out the mouthpiece for a whip or get a straight tube under 10" to keep things simple & avoid a beaker if worries about durability. The other option would be to visit some head shops & pay extra but be satisfied that the piece you get is right for your application.

other_979872059_00.jpg

hi1tJOw.jpg

Commander Cody

No need for preheating slugger although I tend to let mine heatsoak for 5 seconds or so. A hot to trot UD is pretty much slip UD over NonG & start drawing immediately so that would be a 3 second heatsoak :lol:.

@Aimless Ryan a faster draw speed will provide cooler vapour as more air is moving over the heat source for less time. A small whip may help lengthen the vapour path to cool things off a bit :shrug: ? As for glass I would suggest something that has a low center of gravity & a larger base for stabilityThe FC UFO is popular round here as they are reasonably cheap, stable & you can swap out the mouthpiece for a whip or get a straight tube under 10" to keep things simple & avoid a beaker if worries about durability. The other option would be to visit some head shops & pay extra but be satisfied that the piece you get is right for your application.

other_979872059_00.jpg

hi1tJOw.jpg

+1 on the UFO. The base unit is heavy and solid. The removable mouthpiece is quite thin in comparison. Would say that is probably the weak link. The whip is awesome!

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:

indicandescent

Dismembered Member
One part of the riddle solved! I think that my technique hitting the stem is one of the causes of my lack of flavor. I am used to utilizing a bong and combustion for the past several months and I don't have small lungs, so I was taking somewhat slow but very long, maybe 20-second hits from the dog. I learned today that I can take a smaller, quicker drag for maybe say 5 seconds and I don't immediately hit popcorn. I still get all the vapor out in a 2 or 3 drags, but the first one at least tastes very nice.

How do you more seasoned folks tend to use your direct draw stems? Shorter, quicker draws or longer ones?

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
Anyone know a good way to get combustion taste/smell out of a stem that has experienced combustion?

Aimless Ryan,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

WeedyGirl1979

So I'm listening to music and I realize I need to dump my current stem. I grab my lil' AVB bag. It's oddly heavy. I have a moment of "wow, how much I go through?!" before it comes close enough for me to realize that I picked up a similar bag containing bath bombs. Truly, a "you know you're high when..." moment. Happy 4/20 all!
Of course, I would order right before the sale. I was focused- my extension cord went out and I need another like yesterday, lol.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
It's all good @underdog, glad to see there's a method behind the madness. This gives me some more time anyways to plan wood with @Snappo. When are your larger annual sales (if I can wait that long)?

Our two biggest sales are our Birthday Sale in September and the Holiday Sale in December.

We'll be having an extra special Birthday Sale this year to celebrate (amongst other things) 5 awesome years as part of this great FC community. :tup:

bounce5

I recently purchased an UD Mini on here. I'm looking to buy accessories for the UD mini. I will use it dry. Should I go with the Nylon stem or can I do the SS Standard stem, or oversized SS with Steel tip inserted with silicone? Can the Stainless Steel Standard (SSS) with the tip permanently crimped in place be fully cleaned since you can't remove the tip? Will anything sneak under the tip? Also can the screen be adjusted in the SSS Stem?

Is the Oversized SS with a Steel tip and silicone a better bet for cleanliness?

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Looks like some of you guys finally noticed the travel cases I snuck onto the site a month or two back lol. I really like these little cases, the small is a great size for a travel pack with a single Twig kit and the larger can hold a couple Twigs and various other goodies as well. :ninja:

Small
Case_Sm_01-900x900.JPG

Large
Case_Lg_03-900x900.JPG

starvingmusician24

Long time lurker first time poster and what a better day than 4/20 to do so. I received my pup Ladybird just over a month ago and its been love since first sight. Its sheer beauty and ability to melt your face is unbelievable. I've decided to purchase a second pup. Its only a mini, but I see an exotic custom in the future. Yall weren't kidding about VAS. But till then Ill set here enjoyin all the beautiful customs all of yall show off.

Top Bottom