Underdog Log Vapes

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
The thin silicone stem fits inside a 18mm male DI joint.

I posted a vid in the WW thread showing my WW with my möbius matrix disc, and was using a thin UD stem in that vid :tup:

Frederick McGuire,

BigBurlyBill

Burly Member
How do you underdog owners find the smell of this device. I'm leaning heavily toward this device due to its aesthetics and the fact that it's a log. I just need to know if it's stealthy in odor, or if it is quite noticeable when vaporizing. Thanks in advance. lol

BigBurlyBill,

Adobewan

How do you underdog owners find the smell of this device. I'm leaning heavily toward this device due to its aesthetics and the fact that it's a log. I just need to know if it's stealthy in odor, or if it is quite noticeable when vaporizing. Thanks in advance. lol

Mine's been on and used for days, and I never notice a smell from it. I'm putting it to my nose right now and can't smell anything.
I'd say odor is absolutely no concern on mine, lean no further BigBill, jump on in.

But what's noticeable is the size of the cloud you will blow out depending on yourload size, screen distance, type of medicine, and length of draw.
In that regard this is not a stealthy vape, it's a Native American communication device :)

Adobewan,

upperlevel

When using the UD for dispersing oils, does it matter what oils are used? Will it work just fine with the oils found at the Body Shop and similar places where the oil is placed above a burning candle? I don't have any essential oils, but I do have these scented oils.

upperlevel,

SD_haze

The thin silicone stem fits inside a 18mm male DI joint.

I posted a vid in the WW thread showing my WW with my möbius matrix disc, and was using a thin UD stem in that vid :tup:
Hmm....so I think it fits inside 18mm male but AROUND the 14mm male.

I did try sliding my thin stem on and off my 14mm male adapter and it does seem to go on with less force now.

SD_haze,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
so i passed my drug screening! such a relief.

of course right afterwards me and my buddy visited my old roommate up at his apartment near school with my good ol UD. first hit back being from my pup, absolutely amazing. heavily medicated off of two hits. there were about 6 of us in all and my UD shined in its performance. they all loved it! really impressed at how efficient and how big the clouds were.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey guys and gals how's it going around here.. you're all suspiciously quiet. :uhoh:

Finally getting caught up on some backlogged work again and shipped off a ton of packages yesterday so hopefully there will be a bunch of happy new UDs running amok soon.

The delivery guy was nice enough to bring me some more wood today including a bunch more Lignum Vitae, Jobillo, Panga Panga and Black Mesquite. Looks like some nice stuff and maybe I'll be able to work a few pieces from it into the next refresh.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I cannot wait to get my dog! Just ordered new stem as my first unit is on the way - omg I can't wait.

underdog

Manufacturer
Thanks mvape, your stems should ship out today if all goes according to plan. Hope you enjoy your Pup when it arrives.. :rockon:

underdog,

upperlevel

Looks like tomorrow is my dogs day.
Got a delivery notice is my mailbox today!
One downside of living in a rural area, I can't sign for packages at my door because the mailman doesn't go door to door, so I have to go into town to sign for it at the post office.

Tomorrow I'll post some pics and my feedback from a beginner vaporizeer

Also, would that Aqua Vape someone mentioned work with the UD?
I wouldn't end up using a glass piece without the dog that much, so if it works well with the UD I mgiht as well buy an Aqua Vape.

Mod note: Your posts were made minutes apart. You can edit a post up to 6 hours after posting using your edit button in the bottom of your post. Please avoid back to back posts. Posts merged.

upperlevel,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
My puppy's back home! :D
30hvfrr.jpg

I am so excited to get my UD back from my boss so I can test out the new stem with it. His power supply took a shit, so I told him I needed it back to "do some diagnostics" (total BS lie.... I know it just needs a new power supply) so it's home with me now for the first time in a couple months. We're having a homecoming party now, so y'all are welcome to fire up your UD and celebrate with me. :cheers:

:peace:
edit: I forgot to mention that the tapered end of the stem makes for easy mating with both 14mm and 18mm downstems. :brow:

Last edited by a moderator:

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
My puppy's back home! :D
30hvfrr.jpg

I am so excited to get my UD back from my boss so I can test out the new stem with it. His power supply took a shit, so I told him I needed it back to "do some diagnostics" (total BS lie.... I know it just needs a new power supply) so it's home with me now for the first time in a couple months. We're having a homecoming party now, so y'all are welcome to fire up your UD and celebrate with me. :cheers:

edit: I forgot to mention that the tapered end of the stem makes for easy mating with both 14mm and 18mm downstems. :brow:

Damn! With a backyard like that, we'll be right over! :cool: Glad your pup is finally home.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Anytime, Dogette. You and Dave are always welcome if you ever come to town.

I love having a canyon for a back yard. It's very tranquil which is good for me. I just need to run some electricity down to the deck so I can enjoy my UD by the pool. :cool:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Holly crap what a view Stu :o

I don't even think we have canyons in this country, let alone in our backyard.

Be right over
Andys_smileys_020.gif

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

indeed the only canyon we have here is the one between politicians and the truth...
altough it can be nice here too, one of the things I like about my backyard is that you can see bats hunting around in the evening.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm not really in the mountains.... just some rolling hills a few miles outside of Los Angeles. It is peaceful here, and plenty of nature (critters of all sorts, rabbits, coyotes, squirrels etc...) and lots of space between neighbors.

I cannot emphasize strongly enough how much I love the wooden stem Dave made and how it improves my "UD" experience. I have never been a fan of the simple silicone stem; it seems like a cake with no icing. The wooden stem changes everything for me. Not only is it esthetically much more pleasing, but the way the screen/glass/silicone all comes together to really complete the unit. No more messing around with bending screens and trying to shove them into the silicone just right.... IMO these stems should be a mandatory part of any UD purchase.

Oh, and the removable glass lining makes for easy cleaning and reclaim. :brow:

Thanks Dave for making my pup complete! :tup:

onaeun

hey guys got a problem, would appreciate it if someone could help me out. i got a vvps but had no idea it used a 6.35mm jack vs the banana plugs i got through UD. my question is if anyone knows where to get an adapter if one exists? TIA!

onaeun,

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey onaeun - doh! If you're crafty you should be able to get a 6.35mm plug somewhere like Radio Shack and then cut off the banana plugs (or unscrew them if you can) and solder on the 6.35mm one. I don't have the 6.35mm plugs so I can't be of much direct help sorry.

underdog,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
is a 6.35mm jack the one that looks like a guitar lead?
If so, thats what my VVPS uses.
I just went to a local electronics store and got a few for less than $1 each

Frederick McGuire,

underdog

Manufacturer
Yeah a 6.35mm jack is the same as a guitar mono-plug and yep pretty easy to find at most electronics supply stores. Seems like most tattoo power supplies use mono-plugs and most lab type power supplies use banana plugs. :shrug:

underdog,
Top Bottom