Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey Will, thanks so much for all your kind words and I'm very happy I was able to help you get a little UD to keep you company. The color isn't an exact match by any means but I think it's close enough to give you another little reminder of your lost pup and I hope it can provide some comfort.

Take care dude and I hope to see you around here now and then, let me know how the Dog works out for you after you have a chance to play with it a bit. :peace:

underdog,
This pup is great Dave I am loving the time with it. Yes it is very close to the color of him just my bad light picture more will come soon.

for the rest of you pup owners which stem do most of you use?

Willuminati,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I really like the thicker stems. I think they give better results. They are also more structurally sound when you attach them to a water pipe.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Stu

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I really like the thicker stems. I think they give better results. They are also more structurally sound when you attach them to a water pipe.
I agree 100%. I think the thermal qualities of the thicker silicone really helps provide thicker vapor.
:peace:

Stu,
has anyone ever added the glass one to a piece of the thick wall? i like the feel of the glass but not so much the thinner walled tube one. I was also wondering the little fix it kit screens and such that came with it has a little piece of the thick wall in it can you help me I am not sure what that little piece is for?

Willuminati,

SD_haze

has anyone ever added the glass one to a piece of the thick wall? i like the feel of the glass but not so much the thinner walled tube one. I was also wondering the little fix it kit screens and such that came with it has a little piece of the thick wall in it can you help me I am not sure what that little piece is for?
The tiny piece of thick wall is what you use to form domed screens
http://www.underdogvapes.com/about/caring-for-your-dog/

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The little piece is for shaping screens. Training them as it were for easier placement in your stem.

Dave's wood stems use thick silicone connected to a glass sleeve that runs the length of the stem. Genius design imo.

:peace:

djonkoman

before I got my bong I mostly used the glass stem(with thin silicone) for weed, the thick silicone stem for hash. now I have the glass stem in the downstem of my bong, with a sleeve of the thin silicone for a good seal. then a piece of thick silicone for the bowl, wich I remove before putting the bong away.
I also sometimes use a tiny piece of thick silicone directly in the downstem, but not so often

djonkoman,

Adobewan

Just received glass stems from Dave on Friday.
Gotta give my highest recommend on them. I've had my UD and Solo for months and never realized how big a difference the right stem can make in these babies till reading some of Vito's posts about Ed's TNT stems.
Vito(in Obi-Wan's robes), "Ah, such a newbie, my young Padawan!"

If you're on the fence, just get the standard glass. World of difference and nice change from the silicon.
Thanks again Dave!

Adobewan,
Reactions: underdog
well my my this pup absolutely ran me through my paces yesterday...over medicated is what comes to mind. this is a picture of how i set up my thin wall stem. a small roll in the silicone added superb strength and a much tighter seal almost too tight but it worked awesome.
IMAG0165.jpg

Your Highness

Cannasseur
Hey Dave could I place an order for a couple of those wood stems? If you can match my dogs that would be great but I will take whatever fine pieces that you can make for me. I will shoot you an email...

Your Highness,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Man, my pup and I have become fast best friends. I'm in a routine with her now, and I think I've stopped my screen problems by not flicking it so hard to empty the bowl! A couple of stirs throughout the stem seems to work well for me so far.

I've came to the conclusion that I must have good airflow for a good hit, so I have been finding that sweet spot which seems to be about 3/4 full. My screen is about 9-10mm deep at the edges. Gives me satisfying yet nearly effortless hits till it's done. I plan on ordering this http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/hydrator_mini_hydrators.html soon also. Should be super sweet.

Gearman

I just got my maple twig a few days ago in the mail, and I've been wondering if my AVB should be looking as black as it does. When i hit a stem it will blacken at the end if it hit it too hard or too long (only a few seconds) which seems suprising that i would do when i've seen people taking massive rips off theirs. But if somebody could give me some adivse it would be greatly appreciated :) It happens with both the silicon and the glass stem.

Gearman,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I just got my maple twig a few days ago in the mail, and I've been wondering if my AVB should be looking as black as it does. When i hit a stem it will blacken at the end if it hit it too hard or too long (only a few seconds) which seems suprising that i would do when i've seen people taking massive rips off theirs. But if somebody could give me some adivse it would be greatly appreciated :) It happens with both the silicon and the glass stem.
Welcome to the Dogride dude ! :) If you want a lighter color of your abv.. you should increase the distance between the herb load and the heat port by pushin the screen further back in the silicon stem :).(or make a longer bowl for the glass stem .

Abysmal Vapor,

Gearman

Thank I've been wanting to join for some time now. Switched from my Vapir One and the difference is amazing, I wish I switched sooner. My vape finially taste and hits like I expected it to! thank you Abysmal for the quick responce. I had to pretty much use the entire bowl to get enouch space between the herb and port, but it works now.

Gearman,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Thank I've been wanting to join for some time now. Switched from my Vapir One and the difference is amazing, I wish I switched sooner. My vape finially taste and hits like I expected it to! thank you Abysmal for the quick responce. I had to pretty much use the entire bowl to get enouch space between the herb and port, but it works now.
Glad you got it solved :) . I am sure you will become a dogmaster soon and you would offer your help to newfoggers :D . The common opinion is that Variable power supply is the best way to control the temp but screen repositioning and drawrate could do the trick too .
One rip up to your health and happiness ,cheers :) !

Abysmal Vapor,

djonkoman

I never get that, probably your local electricitynetwork, since the US power suplies are unregulated ones. I was on the other end(low temp, since I'm in europe), but now I got a vvps and can choose any temp I'd like. especially now I'm reaping the benefits of that, got some weed that becomes a little harsh if I go above 12,6 volts, so I keep it at 12,5-12,6 for this weed, while I also have some hash wich I prefer at 13,1-13,4 since at that temp it whitewalls my bong(and is still smooth)

djonkoman,
I am really liking all the tips and tricks this is a very active forum. Your all super nice to everyone new and quick to respond to someone in need. I have found love with my new pup. I will soon be placing an order for some feet of silicone to perfect my rolled thin wall glass tube I think it needs just a bit more length so I can move the screen back a bit.

Willuminati,

AdmiralAlpacha

well my my this pup absolutely ran me through my paces yesterday...over medicated is what comes to mind. this is a picture of how i set up my thin wall stem. a small roll in the silicone added superb strength and a much tighter seal almost too tight but it worked awesome.
IMAG0165.jpg
Finally got around to trying this, great idea! my only complaint with the glass stem was it always seemed to fall off on me, this makes it hang on there for dear life! Thanks for this!

I will also add this onto here, I was using my dog pretty much 100% of the time so I decided to have a change in scenery and use my Extreme Q for a week, after coming back to my dog, makes me realize just how much more vapor I get in a hit with my dog. It's like night and day.

glad I could help, I am using the standard plug it comes with not a vari volt... and it is just a bit too hot for me i need just a bit more length so I can move the screen back a smidge to be perfect perfect I love my dog so much and Dave for helping me.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Just got my ash wood UD - im psyched to get puffing - pictures to come.

Really hoping I'm doing this all wrong. I can't get much visible vapor at all. Im using a 3/8ths stem. I feel heat from the core and on the stem but not enough. Maybe logs need to heat for an extended period? I also notice that the power supply isn't snug, there's actually movement in it. Anyone around, i could use some advising.

mvapes,

togepi258

Really hoping I'm doing this all wrong. I can't get much visible vapor at all. Im using a 3/8ths stem. I feel heat from the core and on the stem but not enough. Maybe logs need to heat for an extended period? I also notice that the power supply isn't snug, there's actually movement in it. Anyone around, i could use some advising.

It takes about 30-40 minutes to get properly heated. Leave it plugged in 24/7. When I drive to work, or anywhere else, I keep it plugged in my car. I leave it plugged in all day at the office.

togepi258,
Top Bottom