• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

Cjk0812

In case you didnt know, they further dropped the price of the remaining alpha+ dogs; they can be had for under $250 if you already have a vvps and stems. This is a pretty outrageous deal, and i had already been eyeing that tiered FYT alpha+, so I couldnt really help myself. If you have any interest in owning one of these rare beasts I would recommend picking the last two up while you get a chance. Im not sure youll ever see an alpha+ available for the price of a sc3+ again.

That's a steal of a price for one of those. I really wish I had the funds to be able to have snagged one.

CurryLeafTreehugger

Hey guys, long time gone, but I'm back. I had a traumatic move after the last time you heard from me. I'd had Covid, was very sick for a long time, then I got sick again. Thought it might be covid again but it wasn't. I had stopped driving (hadn't driven for a year), ran out of my meds, they didn't have delivery of groceries and what not yet. My son had to come get me. Finally got to see an endocrinologist earlier this year and it turns out I have Addison's disease and my illness at the time of the move was an Addisonian crisis which can be fatal but fortunately wasn't - that time. I'd had 2 others before that as well.

So I ended up here in an illegal state (Tejas) but now we are getting out of this place and in 6 or 8 months I'll be in a legal state, NY. Not only legal to buy but also legal to grow - OUTDOORS even. My son's good with me growing my own too - plan is to go for multi-generational housing. Like he'll probably keep me in the basement. Or maybe I should insist on the attic, so I can sit in front of a window in my rocking chair, wrapped in a shawl. :freak:

But at least I've got the proper medication for my actual condition, which amounts to about $10 a month. If only it hadn't taken 35 years to get the right diagnosis!

So now the state my brother lives in has legalized medical weed and I'd like to get him an Underdog. But I'm not recognizing any of the models anymore. What's the skinny on the new models? I see something called an ACXL - what is that? I don't see Alphas listed any more.

What's available in these modern times?

eideal852

Hey guys, long time gone, but I'm back. I had a traumatic move after the last time you heard from me. I'd had Covid, was very sick for a long time, then I got sick again. Thought it might be covid again but it wasn't. I had stopped driving (hadn't driven for a year), ran out of my meds, they didn't have delivery of groceries and what not yet. My son had to come get me. Finally got to see an endocrinologist earlier this year and it turns out I have Addison's disease and my illness at the time of the move was an Addisonian crisis which can be fatal but fortunately wasn't - that time. I'd had 2 others before that as well.

So I ended up here in an illegal state (Tejas) but now we are getting out of this place and in 6 or 8 months I'll be in a legal state, NY. Not only legal to buy but also legal to grow - OUTDOORS even. My son's good with me growing my own too - plan is to go for multi-generational housing. Like he'll probably keep me in the basement. Or maybe I should insist on the attic, so I can sit in front of a window in my rocking chair, wrapped in a shawl. :freak:

But at least I've got the proper medication for my actual condition, which amounts to about $10 a month. If only it hadn't taken 35 years to get the right diagnosis!

So now the state my brother lives in has legalized medical weed and I'd like to get him an Underdog. But I'm not recognizing any of the models anymore. What's the skinny on the new models? I see something called an ACXL - what is that? I don't see Alphas listed any more.

What's available in these modern times?
Right now you’re popping in juuuuust post a pretty hefty sale… think that acxl all that’s currently available.

In any case, most importantly is it’s a bigger diameter core , between standard and alpha. 10mm I think? Actually I’m stoned and maybe wrong, in any case, sized to use a dynavap as stem… supposed to run at a little higher voltage but it actually hits great at full undimmed 12.2v

Pretty nice imo, but def not getting the attention the plus or x (alphas) round here (I only have a 2019m tho so ymmv).

In fact the x is the local hero. Goldilocks ftw

pomogirl

Right now you’re popping in juuuuust post a pretty hefty sale… think that acxl all that’s currently available.

In any case, most importantly is it’s a bigger diameter core , between standard and alpha. 10mm I think? Actually I’m stoned and maybe wrong, in any case, sized to use a dynavap as stem… supposed to run at a little higher voltage but it actually hits great at full undimmed 12.2v

Pretty nice imo, but def not getting the attention the plus or x (alphas) round here (I only have a 2019m tho so ymmv).

In fact the x is the local hero. Goldilocks ftw
That last ACXL is gone now too @eideal852 and @CurryLeafTreehugger ... so you all have been busy! I hear the ACXL has an easier, freer draw in comparison to Ed's Dynavap log. I have so many Dynas for these logs, but is UD going to make any more ACXL's? Dave certainly has better prices and more variety, though Ed says his "floating" heater core will outlast others, but some of you have pointed out a number of long-lived UD's. I really like my Woodscents too, and apparently I can't have just one log vape--I got 2 more alpha dogs over the holidaze :love:.

But can someone tell me what wires I need for the Tekpower HY-1502 VVPS? Trying to learn about electronics hurts my brain...but is this what I need with a banana plug adapter?

5.5mm x 2.1mm 90 Degree Right Angle DC Power Male Plug Jack to Bare Wire Open End Pigtail Power Cable Cord for DC Power Supply Cable Repair?​

Last edited:

Razhumikin

That last ACXL is gone now too @eideal852 and @CurryLeafTreehugger ... so you all have been busy! I hear the ACXL has an easier, freer draw in comparison to Ed's Dynavap log. I have so many Dynas for these logs, but is UD going to make any more ACXL's? Dave certainly has better prices and more variety, though Ed says his "floating" heater core will outlast others, but some of you have pointed out a number of long-lived UD's. I really like my Woodscents too, and apparently I can't have just one log vape--I got 2 more alpha dogs over the holidaze :love:
Im almost positive they are not going to make any more acxls.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
But can someone tell me what wires I need for the Tekpower HY-1502 VVPS? Trying to learn about electronics hurts my brain...but is this what I need with a banana plug adapter?

5.5mm x 2.1mm 90 Degree Right Angle DC Power Male Plug Jack to Bare Wire Open End Pigtail Power Cable Cord for DC Power Supply Cable Repair?​

That description sounds correct to me. Basically you want this:

eideal852

That last ACXL is gone now too @eideal852 and @CurryLeafTreehugger ... so you all have been busy! I hear the ACXL has an easier, freer draw in comparison to Ed's Dynavap log. I have so many Dynas for these logs, but is UD going to make any more ACXL's? Dave certainly has better prices and more variety, though Ed says his "floating" heater core will outlast others, but some of you have pointed out a number of long-lived UD's. I really like my Woodscents too, and apparently I can't have just one log vape--I got 2 more alpha dogs over the holidaze :love:.

thatd work. 2.1mm barrel is the important part, you could use banana plugs, but you could also simply pinch the bare wire with those red and black plastic nuts to terminate at the supply. Unscrew, place, rescrew.
And if you have an unused power supply that fit the dog, you could cut and strip back the wire at the supply side.

CurryLeafTreehugger

Actually I didn't get that last one. Turns out my brother wanted to use his vape in his camper - he drives a couple hundred miles to work (can't afford to actually live where he works). He lives in the camper while he's there and it doesn't have any electricity. No heat either. Pretty awful - he's over 60 and I'm even older than him.

Anyway I got him a Dynavap which doesn't require an electric heat source, can be used with just the torch. I was hoping to pick up a sycamore ACXL later, but if they're gone now, they're gone. They do make other IHs for the Dynavap but a UD would have been my first choice. Oh well.

CurryLeafTreehugger,
Reactions: pomogirl

pomogirl

Actually I didn't get that last one. Turns out my brother wanted to use his vape in his camper - he drives a couple hundred miles to work (can't afford to actually live where he works). He lives in the camper while he's there and it doesn't have any electricity. No heat either. Pretty awful - he's over 60 and I'm even older than him.

Anyway I got him a Dynavap which doesn't require an electric heat source, can be used with just the torch. I was hoping to pick up a sycamore ACXL later, but if they're gone now, they're gone. They do make other IHs for the Dynavap but a UD would have been my first choice. Oh well.
I only use IH's for my Dynavaps, and now my Woodscents. I got one IH on Etsy, and I have an Orion, and an Ispire Wand. The Wand is nice and is also an enail for dabs., and I like the replaceable batteries.

Thanks for the advice @eideal852 and @Grass Yes - I didn't grow up with electronics because I was a girl in the 70's, but I'm trying to learn via vapes. I think you're right--the straight plug will work better since bent neck 2.1's would be awkward on an upright log. I did recently get a Toasty Top from Alan that lays on its side or upside down that might work better with a bent neck 2.1...

pomogirl

UD's web site is undergoing updates which could mean... 👀!

Thanks for the dfreeze heads up @Grass Yes !

I finally opened my new FYT Black Locust and not only does it flouresce beautifully, it also has a huge amount of chatoyancy. I just read this: "Sanding the wood to a higher grit will also contribute to chatoyance." Thanks for creating such beauty, @underdog and @underdogette ! I love it! It also fits my huge hands so nicely.

pomogirl

The Chico Black Oak SC3+ is beautiful. not surprising it's out of stock already
Did you see that the Chico has an Ostrich face on one side? Kind of like Honey Badger, or Where's Waldo? I can see it on the web site photo with the can, staring right at me. And I'm not medicated yet...

That Walnut with the dramatic undulations is amazeballs! I don't usually like my wood toyed with, but that one is high art for sure.

Actually, all the Walnuts are beautiful.

And @underdog / @underdogette , the photos showing the vapes turned a bit like with that 2-tone poplar, it really helps to see it.

Last edited:

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey Dogs we're still working on all sorts of stuff and haven't forgotten about you all it's just a bit slow going since I'm still working around this messed up hand of mine.

A drop of new vapes, fun toys (Minis, etc) for existing UD owners and a number of new products as well.. all soon come. 😎🪵

While we're working on getting all the things done and added to the site let us know if there is something you wish we carry and we'll see if it's doable to add. 🍻

Last edited:

eideal852

Hey Dogs we're still working on all sorts of stuff and haven't forgotten about you all it's just a bit slow going since I'm still working around this messed up hand of mine.

A drop of new vapes, fun toys (Minis, etc) for existing UD owners and a number of new products as well.. all soon come. 😎🪵

While we're working on getting all the things done and added to the site let us know if there is something you wish we carry and we'll see if it's doable to add. 🍻
ooooweeeee

pomogirl

@Razhumikin I have some of Alan's paper tubes for my Toasty Top...I mean, I just didn't even think of that.

I finally had to get the curvy/undulating figured walnut SC3! I wasn't planning on an SC3, but it is so gorgeous. I mentioned my love of log vapes on Troy and Jerry yesterday, and Troy was like, "Oh, yeahhhh, wood vapes are sooo great to hold," or something very in love like that. They are the one's who introduced me to logs, but when I finally saw the Underdog web site, I was like, "these are my kind of artisans."

Looper714

I'm very interested in purchasing an Underdog and can you tell me the difference between the alpha core and sc3 core. Which would you recommend for sessions with long draws? I am really liking the Campfire citrus!

Top Bottom