• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

Lobby

Hello everyone, I’ve already sent a message to the nice people over at underdog but in the meantime I’m impatient and want to use my new vape. So I was wondering if anyone here had any advice for making an underdog alpha run hotter because mine seems to run cool. Even set to 12v I only get light brown/dark green, even after 2-3 good hits. Was just wondering if anyone had encountered a similar problem and what their solution was.

I’ve already tried moving outlets, and using a coaster but haven’t been able to find much advice apart from that.
My vaped flower is looking like yours. I thought that it is because I’m using it in my unheated garage, now I wonder if it’s something else. Both my SC3 and my Alpha seem to vape at about the same temp.

Lobby,
  • Sad
Reactions: arb

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey guys and gals.. sorry to hear a few of you are suffering with what I suspect are some janky VVPS from the covid batch we got screwed on last year. We test the hell out of them but a few here and there test ok but then don't deliver enough voltage once put into 'real' use. We've finally got more/better ones on the way but they'll be a couple-few weeks getting here from China since we don't make them in-house.

These cases are all pretty much the power supplies not delivering the voltage they say they are or are supposed to be. In testing a couple that got sent back for analysys it appears the problem ones are putting out less voltage than the display says.. maybe only .3v to .5v less in most cases but that's enough of a difference to go from combustion to barely vaping.

If you've got one of these power supplies please get in touch and we'll figure out how to get you dialed in and running appropriately. Please don't send more than one message though unless it's been a couple business days and you haven't heard back. We're running at capacity and having to match up duplicate emails will just slow everything down.

Thanks and sorry for the troubles the handful of you unlucky Dogs are suffering with from the janky VVPS, we'll get you taken care of ASAP. :peace:

Lobby

My vaped flower is looking like yours. I thought that it is because I’m using it in my unheated garage, now I wonder if it’s something else. Both my SC3 and my Alpha seem to vape at about the same temp.
On closer inspection my new Alpha’s vaped flower is a medium brown. Voltage is all the way up, what voltage do most of you use?

arb

Semi shaved ape
Serpental! I just came here to post the same thing! I feel you cause I am in the same boat.

I received my Alpha Dog yesterday and am literally unable to milk a water piece and unable to extract any flower past a light-medium brown. It’s like having a vape locked at like 350 or some low temp like that, very frustrating. This is at a max of 12 volts. On the website it said that 12 volts should be combustion level hot... I have reached out to Underdog and in the meantime am assuming that this unit (and apparently yours too, which is strange...) is simply broken. Just waiting to hear back...

In the meantime my WoodScents with less than half a Dynavap bowl can milk up a water piece and extract the flower to a dark brown immediately but the Alpha with a way bigger bowl is basically useless right now.

It’s been a rollercoaster of excitement and disappointment but I have faith that Underdog will make it right since this is day 2 of a brand new unit.

I hope though that they don’t tell me the fix is some sort of VVPS that runs higher than 12 volts. Because on the website it says that the unit as received should already be capable of combustion-level heat without going over 12 volts, and it also explains that it’s not ideal in terms of the longevity of your device to run it higher than 12 volts often, and originally I purchased this as a vape I planned to have for the rest of my life and the way I like to use my log vapes is to hav

On closer inspection my new Alpha’s vaped flower is a medium brown. Voltage is all the way up, what voltage do most of you use?
I run at 11 or 11.50 on my own Vvps with excellent results.
My avb comes out tobacco brown roughly and appears to be fully extracted.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer

Each vape is different with a slightly different heating element and will need it's own specific voltage.. just a heads up so no one gets confused or frustrated thinking their Dog should run the same at the same voltage. One users 10.5v is anothers 12.5v :2c::peace:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I've gotta say. A while back I was kind of going crazy ordering things left and right, so a bunch of shit showed up basically all at the same time, meaning I didn't really fully get the chance to play with my new things. Unfortunately one (or two) of those things came from 508Phineas but long story short I had this heady glass stem sitting in my drawer for quite a while. I used it once when I first got it just to see but for whatever reason, I wasn't impressed.

Used it for the 2nd time last night, (and 3rd, 4th, 5th...) and I was mad at myself for letting it sit neglected for so long. I'll try and get some better pics later... but its a really nice stem. Just took a super shitty pic of it

Actually @arb I was thinking if you got something like this for your Alpha, you would probably have the most phalic set up out there. Even over the vapbongs.

386-D3-EF2-74-B4-4-F06-ABF6-F7-B0-A90-A8-FBA.jpg

GraniteState420

Hey all.... received my alpha dog a few weeks ago, getting it dialed in and so far digging it. Couple questions for alpha owners, specially new alpha owners. My SS Nong snags coming off and on...little aggravating since last night it snagged and knocked my water piece over...luckily I caught it. UD suggested using a dremel grinding inside the stem - I'll try that later today I guess.....anyone have to do the same? Anyone have the same issue? I'm sure they'll send out new ones when restocked, but kind of a pain right now. Also, I just noticed the electrical power socket in the alpha dog isn't flush with the wood like my other 2 dogs....it's pushed in about 1|4 inch. Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated....thx

arb

Semi shaved ape
Mine are recessed also and residue builds up on my nongs and I scape with a knife........I would jam a round object into the end and reshape......something cone shaped and steel?

GraniteState420

Mine are recessed also and residue builds up on my nongs and I scape with a knife........I would jam a round object into the end and reshape......something cone shaped and steel?
Thanks! No residue yet, only used twice with the sticking issue. I'll try the reshape and grind.

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger
Hey all.... received my alpha dog a few weeks ago, getting it dialed in and so far digging it. Couple questions for alpha owners, specially new alpha owners. My SS Nong snags coming off and on...little aggravating since last night it snagged and knocked my water piece over...luckily I caught it. UD suggested using a dremel grinding inside the stem - I'll try that later today I guess.....anyone have to do the same? Anyone have the same issue? I'm sure they'll send out new ones when restocked, but kind of a pain right now. Also, I just noticed the electrical power socket in the alpha dog isn't flush with the wood like my other 2 dogs....it's pushed in about 1|4 inch. Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated....thx
Hey so I’m still waiting for my Alpha... mail is slow AF right now. I thought the normal Alpha NonG stems fit inside the core?

I ordered 2 of them thinking they were the normal size.... are you saying they are oversized and fit over the alpha heater vs inside it?

I saw the available stem photos a few pages back.... it looked like normal and oversize?

Did anyone who recently ordered an Alpha get a normal 18mm NonG that fits inside the heater?

GraniteState420

Hey so I’m still waiting for my Alpha... mail is slow AF right now. I thought the normal Alpha NonG stems fit inside the core?

I ordered 2 of them thinking they were the normal size.... are you saying they are oversized and fit over the alpha heater vs inside it?

I saw the stem photos a few pages back.... it looked like normal and oversize?
Yes. Unlike the standard UD, the Alpha NonG fits over the heater, same for glass. I was surprised to see that, but it sure as hell works! 🤪👍

GraniteState420

Ok. I also thought there was a NonG that fits inside the heater...

Maybe underdog could bark some wisdom my way lo

Ok. I also thought there was a NonG that fits inside the heater...

Maybe underdog could bark some wisdom my way lol
Maybe there is another that fits inside, I may be wrong....I've yet to see one. I'm sure others will chime in. 👍

GraniteState420,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom