Underdog Log Vapes

Razhumikin

It does seem to have a smaller window of heat level, I used to use it at a 10 on the power adapter.
Now anything past a 9 burns it.

Is there a recommendation for this, (I did move apartments and noticed this since then, could be power differences )

Also I just tried the metal stem why does this taste so nice, I've only ever used nylon
If you think the metal stem tastes nice, try glass. Night and day in taste, nylon is the worst for flavor imo

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
It does seem to have a smaller window of heat level, I used to use it at a 10 on the power adapter.
Now anything past a 9 burns it.

Is there a recommendation for this, (I did move apartments and noticed this since then, could be power differences )

Also I just tried the metal stem why does this taste so nice, I've only ever used nylon
So glad to hear you've been loving your UD!

It could totally be the difference in wall power coming in, especially since that's when you noticed it. It could also be that your vape has gotten enough of a layer of char built up on the inside of the wood from the radiant heat exposure, that it starts to act like an insulator, trapping more of the radiant heat inside, rather than letting it through the wood.

pomogirl

Hey fam,

So I still love my curupau alpha+, and I really want to get it back into daily driver rotation, but I need an alpha gong to enjoy it. All of my gongs broke and they are out of stock.

I am a little bit of a salty dog about how pricy gongs are just to have them break fairly easily. I was a also tiny bit salty about how much cheaper the alpha+ has gotten compared to what I paid, but eh, being an early adopter is a thankless job these days.

I'm not here to poo poo, I seriously love the underdog vapes and community. I just desperately want to use the log I spent nearly $600 on that has been sitting on a shelf for over a year, and I understand it may sound picky, but I need a gong to enjoy it.

Please help guys.
Did you get your WPA gong? I know I've been lurking on UD like right now when they have gongs in, but I've also purchased a Lotus for it's WPA--I wanted one anyway because, wood, but anyway. Glass artists or even science glass blowers can make anything, but they have to have the product in hand or at least exact measurements. Good Vibes Boro and others on ENT Ex. may be willing to try. Leaving room for a silicon o-ring in case it's needed isn't a bad idea. A silicon sleeve from a whip can also help you attach ill-fitting gongs or even straight glass stems. Some of the log makers also make their own WPAs in wood (like Ed), or cork/paper (like the Toasty Top guy...Alan?). It took me a while to find one before I understood glass making and the importance of measurements and backups. They do break, so I always have an extra, and a few Nongs or TT paper just in case.

@underdog @underdogette I hope you all are getting some good love and care.

hza88

I've been enjoying this zebrawood SC1 (I think) since 2017, it's still going strong but it doesn't retain heat quite like it used to and the laminated part has started to separate a tiny bit on the top. The core is also getting a little wobbly. Do you guys offer any sort of refurbishing/upgrade service? I'd love to keep the same body if possible instead of just replacing it.

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep

I've been enjoying this zebrawood SC1 (I think) since 2017, it's still going strong but it doesn't retain heat quite like it used to and the laminated part has started to separate a tiny bit on the top. The core is also getting a little wobbly. Do you guys offer any sort of refurbishing/upgrade service? I'd love to keep the same body if possible instead of just replacing it.
Hey hza88 - yes, definitely. Send me an email or a message, either through here or the website, and we can go over options. We're working on the details of our repair/upgrade/trade-in program, but haven't gotten the info and pricing up on the website yet. :)

Top Bottom