Underdog Log Vapes

vaporculture

The SC3+ is designed so the airpath next to the heater is longer (twice as long?) and therefore the heat output from the core is more stable even with a big draw or close back-to-back draws. It needs less time to recover and stabilize at its set heat point. Otherwise, they're very similar. Even with a regular SC3 you can take a very big, deep draw and get a thorough extraction, it just might need a bit to recover before you do it again.

CurryLeafTreehugger

This one was already SOLD like one or two drops ago at least. It is the most arresting dog I've seen coming out of the shop of Underdog and Underdogette.

28528-700x700.jpg

I keep telling myself, the fact that it went before I ever saw it? Not relevant. Because, you know, that's a bit much for me, really. Kind of startling almost.

Yup. That's what I keep telling myself.

IT'S ALMOST HERE! IT'S ALMOST HERE! IT'S ALMOST HERE:
OK I get combining posts that are within say a few minutes of each other and at least remotely related.

But posts that were a couple hours apart and have NOTHING TO DO with each other? Really?

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Nice drop, Dave! Some really nice pieces for sure. That scowling Blue Mahoe is pretty sweet, but is no honey badger. Sometimes I go through the archives just to look at him...
Thanks! Yeah the grouchy Blue Mahoe is sweet but the Honey Badger don't give a fuck. :D Seriously though the HB was a hard one for me to resist keeping. lol

Can anyone here compare the sc3 and the sc3+?

The SC3+ is designed so the airpath next to the heater is longer (twice as long?) and therefore the heat output from the core is more stable even with a big draw or close back-to-back draws. It needs less time to recover and stabilize at its set heat point. Otherwise, they're very similar. Even with a regular SC3 you can take a very big, deep draw and get a thorough extraction, it just might need a bit to recover before you do it again.

Exactly! :cheers:

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
@underdog
Hey! Quick question for ya! I've got that Blackwood Mushroom dog you made a while back, and was wondering...is it safe to use it at 11.4-11.6 on the VVPS? That's where I seem to get the best results, but I don't want to burn anything out or put wear and tear on the heater!

Also, the VVPS is one of those ones that you got where the dial is reversed and doesnt have an off position if that helps specify which VVPS Im using (not sure if that makes a difference).
Thanks for the help!

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker

So I have a regular SC3, I was hoping someone could talk me into getting an sc3+ because it's a huge improvement aye :rofl: :love:

underdog

Manufacturer
Thanks for all the orders everyone, much appreciation for you all and your business! :cheers:
I'll start building the vapes out over the weekend and everyone's orders should ship Monday or Tuesday.

@underdog
Hey! Quick question for ya! I've got that Blackwood Mushroom dog you made a while back, and was wondering...is it safe to use it at 11.4-11.6 on the VVPS? That's where I seem to get the best results, but I don't want to burn anything out or put wear and tear on the heater!

Also, the VVPS is one of those ones that you got where the dial is reversed and doesnt have an off position if that helps specify which VVPS Im using (not sure if that makes a difference).
Thanks for the help!

Hi there stranger! I was just looking at your stuff on IG the other day and wondering how you and your tribe were all doing. :cool:

Yes it's totally fine to run that piece at those voltages.. realistically you're not going to be able to drive that heater hard enough to bother it so go nuts! Hope that unique Pup is treating you well. :luv:

SquirrelMaster

This one was already SOLD like one or two drops ago at least. It is the most arresting dog I've seen coming out of the shop of Underdog and Underdogette.

28528-700x700.jpg

I keep telling myself, the fact that it went before I ever saw it? Not relevant. Because, you know, that's a bit much for me, really. Kind of startling almost.

I've been pulling the picture up at least once a day to remind myself that I didn't dream the purchase :love:. She landed in Canada yesterday and it's only a province away so I may have her before the end of next week. Holy hell am I excited!

Another amazing drop @underdog and @underdogette ! When I checked this morning I couldn't believe that Claro Walnut Burl was still in stock, I see someone bought it up now so she didn't last 24 hours on the site which is what I'd expect from such a beautiful piece. The Afzelia Xylay is so damn gorgeous as well, it's been on my wood list for a while as well. I love that chonky Pacific Yew also!

Glad to see the discussion on voltage. A question I have you @underdog is, do you find the resistance on the heaters varies a lot? Or is the size/shape and wood species more of a determining factor as to what voltage to set individual dogs at?

Edit: Thanks for posting that @CurryLeafTreehugger, what an amazing piece! I love mother nature :).

CurryLeafTreehugger

I've been pulling the picture up at least once a day to remind myself that I didn't dream the purchase :love:. She landed in Canada yesterday and it's only a province away so I may have her before the end of next week. Holy hell am I excited!

Another amazing drop @underdog and @underdogette ! When I checked this morning I couldn't believe that Claro Walnut Burl was still in stock, I see someone bought it up now so she didn't last 24 hours on the site which is what I'd expect from such a beautiful piece. The Afzelia Xylay is so damn gorgeous as well, it's been on my wood list for a while as well. I love that chonky Pacific Yew also!

Glad to see the discussion on voltage. A question I have you @underdog is, do you find the resistance on the heaters varies a lot? Or is the size/shape and wood species more of a determining factor as to what voltage to set individual dogs at?

Edit: Thanks for posting that @CurryLeafTreehugger, what an amazing piece! I love mother nature :).

OH YEAH THAT'S RIGHT, THAT'S RIGHT, JUST RUB IT IN WHYDONCHA!!!!

Like *I* would ever be guilty of such a thing, say by posting a taunt, say, along the lines of "BWAH HA HA HA ALL MINE!". Maybe even twice.

I've been getting to know my Alpha and waiting for her name to become obvious.

Say hello to Ondine
Spirit of the waters

See what lay hidden :

20210320_133354 small01.jpg

Two otters and a duck - no matter how hard I try to see 2 otters and a baby otter, it is still 2 otters and a duck!

underdog

Manufacturer

Wooo! That's awesome, sounds like it's almost there! :cheers:

In theory the heaters can vary as much as +/- 10% but it's usually not that much, the norm would be more like half that. We test and bin (sort them based on resistance) each one so we can control which heaters go into which types of vapes, etc. I tend to look at each batch of heaters and calculate an average recommended voltage range that will offer average-to-fairly-aggressive performance while making combustion unlikely.. that's the range we write on the instruction sheet. :cool::2c:

SquirrelMaster

28528-700x700.jpg

I've been pulling the picture up at least once a day to remind myself that I didn't dream the purchase :love: . I've been on the hunt for heartwood/sapwood Ambouna burl for a couple years but She landed in Canada yesterday and it's only a province away so I may have here
OH YEAH THAT'S RIGHT, THAT'S RIGHT, JUST RUB IT IN WHYDONCHA!!!!

Like *I* would ever be guilty of such a thing, say by posting a taunt, say, along the lines of "BWAH HA HA HA ALL MINE!". Maybe even twice.

I've been getting to know my Alpha and waiting for her name to become obvious.

Say hello to Ondine
Spirit of the waters

See what lay hidden :

View attachment 6538

Two otters and a duck - no matter how hard I try to see 2 otters and a baby otter, it is still 2 otters and a duck!

FC needs to add another "like" option for posts, the "shit eating grin" :lol:.

Does that piece have some chatoyancy to it? I like how hefty is it, you have a very nice collection.

CurryLeafTreehugger

I've been pulling the picture up at least once a day to remind myself that I didn't dream the purchase :love: . I've been on the hunt for heartwood/sapwood Ambouna burl for a couple years but She landed in Canada yesterday and it's only a province away so I may have here

FC needs to add another "like" option for posts, the "shit eating grin" :lol:.

Does that piece have some chatoyancy to it? I like how hefty is it, you have a very nice collection.

Ondine, Maple Alpha, does have some very slight ... that is to say, SUBTLE and tasteful ... chatoyancy. Agni, my Hawaiian Koa SC3+ has a bit that is more obvious but also pretty localized.

I love them both. Still working on dialing in Agni. She runs HOT! Its like I had ESP. She is the hottest running UD I've ever had. Or maybe I accidentally cursed her, with that name. One never knows ...

SquirrelMaster

Ondine, Maple Alpha, does have some very slight ... that is to say, SUBTLE and tasteful ... chatoyancy. Agni, my Hawaiian Koa SC3+ has a bit that is more obvious but also pretty localized.
:love:Those both sound even more lovely in person! I forgot that Koa has some chatoyancy, I don't have any around... yet (incoming Nomad).

I love them both. Still working on dialing in Agni. She runs HOT! Its like I had ESP. She is the hottest running UD I've ever had. Or maybe I accidentally cursed her, with that name. One never knows ...
What a happy coincidence that the name was so fitting!

BKR2311

Just wanted to update everyone. Dave sent me a 15v wall connector that I'm using through the dual vvps. I set it to 13, and it gives MASSIVE clouds. Absolutely huge. I might have to drop it to 12.5 so it doesn't combust. Compare that to the 12v that sometimes would barely roast the herb.

So for anyone that feels they aren't getting that little extra power, you might need to order a stronger power supply to get that little boost. This thing really does rip harrrrrrd

arb

Semi shaved ape
Just wanted to update everyone. Dave sent me a 15v wall connector that I'm using through the dual vvps. I set it to 13, and it gives MASSIVE clouds. Absolutely huge. I might have to drop it to 12.5 so it doesn't combust. Compare that to the 12v that sometimes would barely roast the herb.

So for anyone that feels they aren't getting that little extra power, you might need to order a stronger power supply to get that little boost. This thing really does rip harrrrrrd
Awesome........ my wife likes that Chinese pistache.
Dave has my delivery info so thank you and nice betting with you.
👍

Top Bottom