Underdog Log Vapes

djonkoman

sunsett70 said:
stroh said:
day two of being a happy underdog, and i cant get across how impressed i am ....... Faster pulls will equate to bigger clouds and a more stoney feel, while slower draws seem to be better for lighter hits.

how does this log vape work? when i use da buddha, i have to pull slower to get bigger hits, but here it seems faster pulls gets the same effect.

also, anyone use brick weed on this log vape before? just curious if it's good for that as i can only get that kind of weed here.

I never tried brickweed(can't get it around here, also don't have an underdog yet), but from what I've heard low quality usually doesn't work that well with logvapes, since you only load small stems so with brickweed you would have to vape more stems and refill it more often

djonkoman,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
djonkoman said:
sunsett70 said:
stroh said:
day two of being a happy underdog, and i cant get across how impressed i am ....... Faster pulls will equate to bigger clouds and a more stoney feel, while slower draws seem to be better for lighter hits.

how does this log vape work? when i use da buddha, i have to pull slower to get bigger hits, but here it seems faster pulls gets the same effect.

also, anyone use brick weed on this log vape before? just curious if it's good for that as i can only get that kind of weed here.

I never tried brickweed(can't get it around here, also don't have an underdog yet), but from what I've heard low quality usually doesn't work that well with logvapes, since you only load small stems so with brickweed you would have to vape more stems and refill it more often

Your guys mileage may vary but I've had luck running just about anything through my pieces here.. twigs, sticks, stems and leaf-wads included haha.

underdog,

stroh

errl enthusiast
they are treating me excellently :D the goblet is warming up as i type and i actually was able to strech the 3/8th tubing over the splash guard of my nail/dome set for my sherlock so i was able to use water filtration well enough. ill try and get a video demonstration up and going in a little.

stroh,

SirElton

stroh said:
wow this is quite the throwback for me, ghost in the shell, neon genesis evangelion, and cowboy bebop were my favorite animes

Neon Genesis Evangelion is my SHIT! Love that anime.

Anyway, any updates on the birthday vapes, Dave?

SirElton,

underdog

Manufacturer
Alright everyone, I'm back (from the shop) by popular demand (and a need for lunch).. and come bearing gifts of progress photos!

Great progress has been made on Abysmal's piece which is now turned to final shape and ready for one last baking in the sun before being finished. It looks dull because there isn't any oil or finish on it and the Purpleheart needs time to 'pop'.

The first B-day vape was born today too and she's a beauty if I do say so myself. I think the B-day vapes are going to come out great, all different but sharing their simple elegant lines, wood and grain. :peace:

Abysmal+Bday.jpg

The remaining B-day vapes will continue to be born in the days to come and we should be on target for shipping this coming week sometime. Once Abysmal's piece is done we will be starting on The Ladybug which should be fun.

Now for a bite to eat and back to the shop..

underdog,

stroh

errl enthusiast
looking great there Dave! the future holds good things for happy vaporists and underdogs to be :)

stroh,

smartrott

Abysmal's in for a real treat, that vape looks freaking cool.
The King is doing very well. I'll say this, when you crank the voltage up to say 13.5v or so it will surprise you. I'm talking whip vape surprise you. Now don't get it twisted, I mainly stay on 12v and get good hits but sometimes you gots to let her rip.
It's still a little weird putting meds in silicone, but I must say it does work well.

smartrott,

underdog

Manufacturer
smartrott said:
Abysmal's in for a real treat, that vape looks freaking cool.
The King is doing very well. I'll say this, when you crank the voltage up to say 13.5v or so it will surprise you. I'm talking whip vape surprise you. Now don't get it twisted, I mainly stay on 12v and get good hits but sometimes you gots to let her rip.
It's still a little weird putting meds in silicone, but I must say it does work well.

I do the same thing sometimes.. crank it up to 13-13.5 for a couple minutes and get those hits that just 'put me down' for the night. Never-fail cure for insomnia.. haha :lol:

underdog,

placetime

underdog said:
Alright everyone, I'm back (from the shop) by popular demand (and a need for lunch).. and come bearing gifts of progress photos!

Great progress has been made on Abysmal's piece which is now turned to final shape and ready for one last baking in the sun before being finished. It looks dull because there isn't any oil or finish on it and the Purpleheart needs time to 'pop'.

The first B-day vape was born today too and she's a beauty if I do say so myself. I think the B-day vapes are going to come out great, all different but sharing their simple elegant lines, wood and grain. :peace:

http://www.underdogvapes.com/images/Abysmal+Bday.jpg
Those look great!

underdog said:
Once Abysmal's piece is done we will be starting on The Ladybug which should be fun.
We look forward to seeing how that develops!
:brow:

placetime,

stroh

errl enthusiast
not bad at all, i figure it would be much cleaner through an actually nice piece of glass, but sadly i have none in my possession at the moment :(

the hits are massive though, you can cash a stem in one pull fairly easily if you want to

will definitely post better shots with the piece in frame in some upcoming videos, and possibly get use of a tube for some shots

stroh,

underdog

Manufacturer
stroh said:
i just might have to place a custom order for the holidays, id love a vape that looks like a 1-Up mushroom from super mario :brow:

Working on it already.. ;)

underdog,

SirElton

VERY excited for my new vape. Abysmal's custom piece makes the birthday vape look unfairly simple, but I just know they'll look beautiful once we open the box. :)

SirElton,
stroh said:
i just might have to place a custom order for the holidays, id love a vape that looks like a 1-Up mushroom from super mario :brow:

heres some actual success using water filtration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xAoiufjtug

:o wow, will the bday vapes perform to this level? Were you using a voltage adjuster? If so I too am getting one from under dog :brow:

Underdog will any of the birthday vapes resemble the gripper log (finger places) that Rick and Tom have been making? I have a bad happen of dropping smooth logs especially my top. . .

Thanks for the heads up. :tup:

Also a good thing AV won the contest that thing is a PEARL!

biojuggernaut,

underdog

Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
stroh said:

heres some actual success using water filtration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xAoiufjtug

:o wow, will the bday vapes perform to this level? Were you using a voltage adjuster? If so I too am getting one from under dog :brow:

Underdog will any of the birthday vapes resemble the gripper log (finger places) that Rick and Tom have been making? I have a bad happen of dropping smooth logs especially my top. . .

Thanks for the heads up. :tup:

Also a good thing AV won the contest that thing is a PEARL!

Hey Bio - I doubt the b-day vapes will be quite so powerful when it comes to water glassing. They'll be plenty powerful but they're more like 'a glass of wine' compared to stroh's Tupelo which is like 'a beer bong'... :brow: Not sure if any of the b-day vapes will be 'grippy' but if I see one like that I'll try and steer it in your direction.

Another catalog vape is on it's way to join a new pack where we're sure it'll be top dog. The lucky new owner will be partying in style with the Madrone Burl Log
7f8c9f2cd66103db3eb802f71f59fb00.jpg

underdog,

gvape

wow... JUST WOW! That milking with the thing is unreal... I dont think I ever seen anything milk like that... just not me really excited. Not that I need a piece for water, but that is really nice. Hope it performs somewhat close to that level. Cant wait!

gvape,

stroh

errl enthusiast
the 3/8th core definitely hits harder than the 1/4th inch core twig, but don't let that throw you off at all, the twig packs a punch! im sure the 1/4inch units will be able to milk a water piece just fine with a proper suction (the earlier video i posted of the twig through the sherlock arm did not have proper suction) though you will probably cash the stem in one pull. heck i nearly cashed the 3/8th stem with one hit using my water piece.

also did i mention that the tupelo is so light, it can be used hands free? it looks pretty goofy bobbing around on the silicone though haha

bio, i was using the standard 12v for that video, though i will probably pick up a variable power supply when my shroom piece is commissioned to play around with, and be able to heat two vapes simultaneously. i cant imagine how the hits are at 13 or 13.5, monstrous is one word that comes to mind..

stroh,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Monstrous is a good word for higher voltage hits. I'd call regular 3/8th bowl hits "spunky" haha. I take a hit and need to just relax and enjoy. Maybe tonight I'll play with 13.5 voltages since I haven't been sleeping right. Back troubles SUCK but then again so does financing a mattress :/

Underdog to the rescue once again!

darkrom,

los

stroh said:
the 3/8th core definitely hits harder than the 1/4th inch core twig, but don't let that throw you off at all, the twig packs a punch! im sure the 1/4inch units will be able to milk a water piece just fine with a proper suction (the earlier video i posted of the twig through the sherlock arm did not have proper suction) though you will probably cash the stem in one pull. heck i nearly cashed the 3/8th stem with one hit using my water piece.

also did i mention that the tupelo is so light, it can be used hands free? it looks pretty goofy bobbing around on the silicone though haha

bio, i was using the standard 12v for that video, though i will probably pick up a variable power supply when my shroom piece is commissioned to play around with, and be able to heat two vapes simultaneously. i cant imagine how the hits are at 13 or 13.5, monstrous is one word that comes to mind..

hey stroh, thanks for the comparison! i think the 1/4" is a better fit for me, im a sipper :D.

on another note, i just wanna say that dave is one cool dude! some great customer service at underdog, im very impressed with underdog already and i havent even received my bday vape yet. we've been going back and forth on ideas for a custom unit and its been such a pleasure dealing with him. i can see myself getting multiple UD vapes.

los,

underdog

Manufacturer
los said:
hey stroh, thanks for the comparison! i think the 1/4" is a better fit for me, im a sipper :D.

on another note, i just wanna say that dave is one cool dude! some great customer service at underdog, im very impressed with underdog already and i havent even received my bday vape yet. we've been going back and forth on ideas for a custom unit and its been such a pleasure dealing with him. i can see myself getting multiple UD vapes.

Thanks for the vote of confidence los, it's been a pleasure dealing with you too..

The FC community in general is a great one and you've all been very good to me so far!

Ok, I need to get back to the shop... good things coming soon!

underdog,
Top Bottom