Underdog Log Vapes

Nycdeisel

You are a lucky guy Abysmal!

Nice to see a new contenders in the log vape ring! These Underdogs are looking pretty sweet!

Nycdeisel,
Reactions: pomogirl

Adobewan

Cute dog, Underdog!!!
I'm in the market for a new vaporizer and was turned on to your work over the weekend. As an artist I can appreciate the love and labor that goes into your pieces. I was looking at the Arizer Solo, but the price was a bit steep, then I saw the price lowered to under $150, so I was ready to jump when a fellow patient told me about your work and your Friday special... unfortunately he told me on Saturday.
So as a fellow dog lover and artist, I hope I can appeal to your better nature.

And to that I've attached a painting of Underdog I did over the weekend(he's so cute I couldn't resist), I can send you a hi-res litho of it if your interested.
UnderdogReduced.jpg

Thanks for your craft, best of luck in all your endeavors, and have fun with that pooch!
Best,
Brian

Adobewan,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Thanks for all the compliments everyone.. it feels nice to be loved haha. :D

Just walked in from a long day at work and am headed to the shop now but thought I'd give you a quick update before I go:

Some orders for custom pieces and/or pieces from the catalog shipped today so if that applies to you then you can expect a USPS confirmation mail, etc.

A couple of you who ordered separate accessories were charged shipping at the wrong rate and I have sent you PayPal refunds accordingly, let me know if you have questions.

Alright headed to the shop now to continue work on the B-Day vapes.. Abysmal's is continuing to ripen and will spend tomorrow sunbathing before we move on.

underdog,

SirElton

Looking forward to coming home to an Underdog at my doorstep. :) Could you post some pics of the Birthday Vapes once they are completed?

SirElton,

underdog

Manufacturer
SirElton said:
Looking forward to coming home to an Underdog at my doorstep. :) Could you post some pics of the Birthday Vapes once they are completed?

I'll see what I can do SirElton.. I'll have to be careful though since I don't want to totally give away the shapes/styles. I want the B-day vapes to be like a B-day present, a fun surprise for everyone to open!

Headed to the shop now for some serious work. UPS just dropped off a package with our European customer's power supplies in it and it looks like they'll do the trick just fine. Nice! :) Also another $500 of wood trickled in which is always fun!

underdog,

cluffy

Vaker
Underdog, you haven't told us how many Birthday dogs you sold. It's ok if you don't want to, I'm just curious. I was thinking someone should set up a page for us to post photos once we get them but I'm not sure where it should be. It would be nice to see them all in one place.

Thanks again for the great deal and don't knock yourself out trying to get them done, 'haste makes waste...". :-)

cluffy,

underdog

Manufacturer
cluffy said:
Underdog, you haven't told us how many Birthday dogs you sold. It's ok if you don't want to, I'm just curious. I was thinking someone should set up a page for us to post photos once we get them but I'm not sure where it should be. It would be nice to see them all in one place.

Thanks again for the great deal and don't knock yourself out trying to get them done, 'haste makes waste...". :-)

Hey cluffy - I don't have the numbers right in front of me but I'm thinking we sold around 15 B-day vapes.. also a few people decided to get ones out of the catalog instead, and we had another custom piece order or two. Very busy days ahead!

Oh cool! UPS just came back with a box full of more FC goodies they'd missed the first time by. Score! :brow:

underdog,

stroh

errl enthusiast
good to hear that business is stepping up a notch or two, im sure the underdog will be keeping plenty busy this week. Pretty much have my review all shot, just need my macbook so i can edit the whole thing together. will be working on the instructional more today, but i have nearly exhausted my herb supply with all the shooting ive been doing, though this hasn't been a bad thing :ko:

stroh,
I am very happy I invested in this birthday vape, judging alone just from Abysmal's custom piece, i think people who ordered this birthday vape are in for an awesome treat :cool:. My compliments to you Underdog for this neat sale and awesome looking pieces, a picture is definitely worth 1000 words. Darkrom has given your vapes nothing but compliments so i eagerly anticipate my birthday vape. Cheers to all and I will keep checking this thread for updates and more pics :peace:

JoeFinny,

SirElton

underdog said:
SirElton said:

I'll see what I can do SirElton.. I'll have to be careful though since I don't want to totally give away the shapes/styles. I want the B-day vapes to be like a B-day present, a fun surprise for everyone to open!

That makes sense. Though, I'm sure opening up that box will be like a birthday present anyway regardless of if we've seen them or not. :D

A new vape is always a good thing!

SirElton,

turtles

remind me to stop visiting this thread from the time the first one ships, until I get mine :lol:

turtles,

sunsett70

stroh said:
day two of being a happy underdog, and i cant get across how impressed i am ....... Faster pulls will equate to bigger clouds and a more stoney feel, while slower draws seem to be better for lighter hits.

how does this log vape work? when i use da buddha, i have to pull slower to get bigger hits, but here it seems faster pulls gets the same effect.

also, anyone use brick weed on this log vape before? just curious if it's good for that as i can only get that kind of weed here.

sunsett70,

smartrott

Snapshot_20110921.jpg

The 'King' is warming up. Will have a quick review sometime. Maybe today, maybe tom, who knows. The wood is spectacular. The extra glass jars are perfect. I actually broke one of my everyday med jars this morning(I must have pressed down to hard when sealing her up) and the ones that Dave sent me are already being used. All I can say is, I hope she works half as good as she looks. Thanks Dave.

smartrott,

underdog

Manufacturer
Glad to see the King arrived safely there smartrott.

Give 'er a test run and let us know what you think!

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
smartrott said:
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb395/smartrott/Snapshot_20110921.jpg

The 'King' is warming up. Will have a quick review sometime. Maybe today, maybe tom, who knows. The wood is spectacular. The extra glass jars are perfect. I actually broke one of my everyday med jars this morning(I must have pressed down to hard when sealing her up) and the ones that Dave sent me are already being used. All I can say is, I hope she works half as good as she looks. Thanks Dave.

I almost got that vape, then I decided that the King's Jester suits my personality better :lol:

You will LOVE that vape. It's like my long lost brother. Good to see it ended up on FC :)

darkrom,

los

smartrott said:
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb395/smartrott/Snapshot_20110921.jpg

i almost sprang for this vape, it is my favorite piece on the site....quite beautiful....im thinking i will make a custom order in the future if i like the bday vape.

los,

smartrott

Well, she works! I must say at first the tubing was different, however after a couple pulls I realized that I was pushing the tube too far down and was cutting down on my airflow, after I raised the tube just a bit and the airflow was flowing I got a great cloud of vapor. I got 2 new vapes in this morning, so I have kind of been testing them out together, so yeah, I am pretty medicated and loving it on my day off.

BTW Dave, I know that you don't recommend leaving the vape plugged in all the time, however is there a certain voltage that you would feel safe leaving it on, maybe 8 volts or so? Not a big deal, I am just curious.

smartrott,

underdog

Manufacturer
smartrott said:
Well, she works! I must say at first the tubing was different, however after a couple pulls I realized that I was pushing the tube too far down and was cutting down on my airflow, after I raised the tube just a bit and the airflow was flowing I got a great cloud of vapor. I got 2 new vapes in this morning, so I have kind of been testing them out together, so yeah, I am pretty medicated and loving it on my day off.

BTW Dave, I know that you don't recommend leaving the vape plugged in all the time, however is there a certain voltage that you would feel safe leaving it on, maybe 8 volts or so? Not a big deal, I am just curious.

Hey smartrott, glad to hear things are working out for you. The silicone takes a bit of getting used to but once you do it provides some kick-ass hits and suction, made to provide maximum medication at minimal dosage!

In answer to your 'leaving it plugged in' question, I haven't spent a lot of time researching leaving the pieces on at lower voltages so I don't know if it would speed up your overall warm up time which is your point I would guess?

I think an experiment setting it to 8v for a couple hours then taking a hit to see that it's not vaping (or maybe it will?) then turning it to 12v and take a hit every 5 minutes to see how long it takes to 'get up to speed' would be a safe and worthwhile experiment. If you do try it out let us all know how it works out for you!

D

underdog,

stroh

errl enthusiast
sunsett70 said:
stroh said:
day two of being a happy underdog, and i cant get across how impressed i am ....... Faster pulls will equate to bigger clouds and a more stoney feel, while slower draws seem to be better for lighter hits.

how does this log vape work? when i use da buddha, i have to pull slower to get bigger hits, but here it seems faster pulls gets the same effect.

also, anyone use brick weed on this log vape before? just curious if it's good for that as i can only get that kind of weed here.

you can achieve large hits with slower draws as well, but quicker draws hit you in the face with huge, dense vapor clouds. it also cashes out the stem quicker than taking smaller, slower draws. This surprised me as well, as i was used to drawing at a snails pace for my MFLB. so far it seems that the temperature doesn't seem to fluctuate much even after large pulls, so you needn't wait to warm back up in between hits.

smartrott, the king is looking lovely, i too almost pulled the trigger on that piece, but decided the tupelo goblet suited me better.

stroh,

underdog

Manufacturer
stroh said:
sunsett70 said:
stroh said:

you can achieve large hits with slower draws as well, but quicker draws hit you in the face with huge, dense vapor clouds. it also cashes out the stem quicker than taking smaller, slower draws. This surprised me as well, as i was used to drawing at a snails pace for my MFLB. so far it seems that the temperature doesn't seem to fluctuate much even after large pulls, so you needn't wait to warm back up in between hits.

smartrott, the king is looking lovely, i too almost pulled the trigger on that piece, but decided the tupelo goblet suited me better.

Looks like everybody loved the King!

underdog,

smartrott

For me it was between the 'tortuga' and the 'king'. There were many that I liked, but those two def hooked a place in my heart. If I could choose another right now it would be the 5lb tortuga. That thing looks like a beast. I do love my 'king'! When you look down into the top, you can see the backside of some of the bloodwood running around the heater port area. And don't even get me started on the red leather bottom. I decided to cut off all my vapes last night (i have no idea why) so I'm currently waiting for one of them to get heated up before I have to go to work. Hopefully it rains today and I get off early. I want to do some more testing. :brow:

smartrott,
Top Bottom