Ultimate, all-glass, non-toxic, "healthy" vaporizer (2023?)

howie105

I am still searching for my ultimate, all-glass, non-toxic, "healthy" vaporizer.

I use an Elev8r and consider it fairly clean, and it can be configured with only one metal screen with the glass screen bowl option. I use three screens now because I had a two screen configuration (one ball retaining screen and bowl screen) dump the balls into my lap.

There are cleaner vapes around but not any that I am looking at the moment. With the possible exception of ZX Zirconia. Not totally because of its cleanliness but because of its dimensions as well.

Wish you luck and happy shopping.

coolbreeze

The Quartz Thunderbolt seems like it would be perfect for this application. Yes, you have to torch it. I’m still not understanding why torching is an issue if the torching stops before you draw.

Not widely available but it does look awesome. I think he still had some in stock a few days ago.

tukatukera

Retailer

Not widely available but it does look awesome. I think he still had some in stock a few days ago.
I'll be taking over most likely and be shipping these retail all over EU

vap999

I don't think boroilicate glass is as perfectly pure/clean and safe as most simplistically assume. But in practical applications (like mass market vapes), it's often the most 'pure,' 'clean, 'safe,' etc. option.

Glass by definition is a very complex mixture, far from pure, unlike say actual pure quartz/silica. Related to this, glass is very rarely used in biopharmaceutical manufacturing, it leaches too much diverse substances into fluids it's in contact with, with bioreactors, chromatography columns, filter housings, piping, etc., particularly product contact surfaces, being composed of stainless steel or inert laminated plastics that leach much less. High quality borosilicate glass is commonly used for chemical reactions and manufacturing where this generally works well, with clarity, being able to see what's happening, a major advantage here (and also with vaping). Glass used with some analytical equipment, where genuine inertness is needed, is often silanized, coated with a layer of silicone (although silicone a complex mixture of different size polymers and unreacted silicone); or PFA is used.

Physically, glass is inherently brittle and prone to spallation/delamination, with exposed surfaces shedding small flakes. This is a persistent problem in the pharmaceutical industry, such as with injectable drugs filled into borosilicate glass vials. For example, see https://www.corning.com/worldwide/e...ologies/pharma-technologies-delamination.html and https://www.pharmtech.com/view/causes-and-implications-glass-delamination.

If you want solidity/physical integrity, ability to handle rapid heating and cooling, non-leaching, purity, and biological and chemical inertness, pure pharmaceutical grade silica/quartz, PTFE (Teflon) and PFA plastics, some metals (titanium, silver, copper), some ceramics, and some forms of pure carbon (diamond, graphite) may be better candidates.

Diamond is the most chemically and biologically inert material. Diamond-coated vape air flow contact surfaces might be ideal.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Season 1 Episode 10 GIF by Paramount+

Seriously, thanks! This is really interesting and quite different than how I at least tend to think about it.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: cosimo

Kebo1923

Rouge Wax work has assembled some all glass torch powered vapes. No personal experience and sounds like heat source will be an issue for OP but still an option

Top Bottom