• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So my Dual safely arrived this past Monday. Been putting it through it’s paces the past few days. This device is an absolute pleasure to use. Out the box, the software and hardware were in perfect harmony it seems, and the device is producing plenty of flavorful vapor. Perfect extraction and AVB out the box. So my question is this. Disregarding aesthetics and form factor, and focusing only on performance, how do the Dual and the P80 compare? For those that own both, which one are you reaching for first if they’re both in front of you and ready to go? In terms of performance, if the P80 is better than the Dual, that would be shocking. Because this Dual has been excellent so far, and may hopefully eliminate all of my recent disappointment over repeatedly failing at getting a P80. Thanks in advance all for any input.

The performance is 100% equal, the difference is if you are using two batteries with the dual, that is more battery life is all really and yeah form factor, the mods themselves... I actually use my TP80 the most though, because my dual is so nice, but also for simplicity sakes and comfort.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
The performance is 100% equal, the difference is if you are using two batteries with the dual, that is more battery life is all really and yeah form factor, the mods themselves... I actually use my TP80 the most though, because my dual is so nice, but also for simplicity sakes and comfort.
This is good to know, and will help keep me from chasing the Tetra P80 like a madman. I would still like to have one eventually, but with this Dual in hand, and a TETRAx on the way, I can definitely adjust my strategy towards getting a Tetra P80 and just enjoy what I have for now. The low temp flavors from this Dual are so good and full bodied, it’s like I’m chewing the herbs instead of vaping. And I haven’t even loaded my best herbs yet, just doing some chain vaping with decent CBD and 50/50 blend as I learn the device while not getting too blasted just yet. Happy to be adding these Lamart devices to my stable, @funkyjunky you are a true artisan my man. Thanks for the insight @Shit Snacks.

SquirrelMaster

So my Dual safely arrived this past Monday. Been putting it through it’s paces the past few days. This device is an absolute pleasure to use. Out the box, the software and hardware were in perfect harmony it seems, and the device is producing plenty of flavorful vapor. Perfect extraction and AVB out the box. So my question is this. Disregarding aesthetics and form factor, and focusing only on performance, how do the Dual and the P80 compare? For those that own both, which one are you reaching for first if they’re both in front of you and ready to go? In terms of performance, if the P80 is better than the Dual, that would be shocking. Because this Dual has been excellent so far, and may hopefully eliminate all of my recent disappointment over repeatedly failing at getting a P80. Thanks in advance all for any input.
I don't have both (yet) but I would assume the performance is very similar since they use the same heater?

Weedaholic

I dropped my dual today down the stairs and everything was in slow motion as i watched it do backflip after backflip.
I actually think i cried like a little girl for a moment as i went into shock.

So when i finally had the courage too pick it up,i can safely say,the only difference is that the dual is built like a TANK.
Not a damn scratch on it when i picked it up.
Turned it on and everything was perfect.

About time i got a bit of luck.

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
So happy to see this thread still active :)
That is some vaporizer art @funkyjunky, I love it! Some day there'll be an order from me again (maybe this year?) :D

Btw, my PSU also doesn't show as full battery but ~80% maybe, it never said low battery though.

@Weedaholic glad your baby is safe! I'm still kinda sad my glass has a crack by now, but it's still functional so :shrug:

StonedApe

From reading through this and similar threads, it seems like most people report a pretty even toastyness and little hotsposts. Whether i use a basket screen or not i get a hotspot in the middle and it stays mostly green on the edges. In saying that, it does stay consistent throughout the depth of the stem. Is this something I can improve with settings or technique?

StonedApe,
  • Sad
Reactions: dimmusp

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
I think drawing speed and packing density are factors for that. So slower drawing and packing not too densely but not too lightly, as well.

You can also press a basket screen so it is more like a pyramid/has a tip. This will ensure most of the material is in the middle anyway but is also helpful for microdosing.

GoldenBud

From reading through this and similar threads, it seems like most people report a pretty even toastyness and little hotsposts. Whether i use a basket screen or not i get a hotspot in the middle and it stays mostly green on the edges. In saying that, it does stay consistent throughout the depth of the stem. Is this something I can improve with settings or technique?
get a wooden stem with capsule. use it with the capsule's lid, it gives a slight amount of conduction. you will finish your bowls without hotspots and so, with a great taste and overall even extraction. my way to go with my TUBOx dry usage.

as leveltree mentioned, drawing speed is important. another option is to rock it on low temp (190C-200C) and take a slow draw. you get great taste and the bowl gets cooked well. slow draw with low temps, fast draw with higher temp > but you have less control of your bowl.

dimmusp

get a wooden stem with capsule. use it with the capsule's lid, it gives a slight amount of conduction. you will finish your bowls without hotspots and so, with a great taste and overall even extraction. my way to go with my TUBOx dry usage.

as leveltree mentioned, drawing speed is important. another option is to rock it on low temp (190C-200C) and take a slow draw. you get great taste and the bowl gets cooked well. slow draw with low temps, fast draw with higher temp > but you have less control of your bowl.
Is there a way to use capsules and a bubbler at the same time?

dimmusp,

almost there

you can use the capsule stems as a wpa, they mate with 14mm joints or you can throw on a 18/14 reducer

Last edited:
almost there,
Reactions: GoldenBud

SquirrelMaster

Whether i use a basket screen or not i get a hotspot in the middle and it stays mostly green on the edges.
Sounds like tunelling which you should be able to fix by slowing your draw. I have a hot spot in a certain spot on my P80 at higher temps but I stir or temp step enough that it's never a problem.

SquirrelMaster,

EddIW

Anyone got any tips for getting the battery out of the single door? Have a molicel p26a in there at the moment and cant get it out even with the ribbon to pull lol

EddIW,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Anyone got any tips for getting the battery out of the single door? Have a molicel p26a in there at the moment and cant get it out even with the ribbon to pull lol

You were using the single sled on the dual? Yeah disclaimer for all, there is a risk, most batteries I have wrapping is too thick for it, unfortunately the single sled is just too tight... P26A and 30Q in particular have especially thick wrap I have noticed...

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Just for fitment testing of the single sled, last week I tried a VTC5a. I had to make sure to align and hold the battery puller as I inserted the battery, and was able to remove it without a problem. Doubt I will ever have much use for the single sled though.

When I first tried I lost positioning on the battery puller and the battery got stuck. I used a wooden cuticle stick and gently pried it out from the top of the battery, slowly working it until it popped up enough to grab it. The wood on those sticks are soft and won’t do any damage, other than to the stick.

Last edited:

Old_muel

Help my couple of year old tubo was doing some really wierd buggy stuff so I flashed the latest firmware to see if it fixed it now it's doing different wierd stuff & still being basically unusable, its stuck in power mode now & the vaping>modes>power option is stuck on A & won't change, despite all other fields on that screen freely changing from Y to N etc. Same with coils>manage>check, it's stuck on yes & won't change to no, which I know it should be on. Re-flashed firmare & same problem persists, doesn't look like older firmwares available to try going back anyone know what to do? Is there like some sort of hard reset? @funkyjunky ? Love my tubo dearly hope it's not on it's way out
Edit: Reading a few pages back my first main issue before the firmware flashing was experienced by someone else already - watts not getting above 0.9-1w, with temp number flailing around massively high, & no meanongful heat being generated, so could have a connection issue it seems is what might cause that, but that wouldn't explain the menu options being stuck would it?

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Help my couple of year old tubo was doing some really wierd buggy stuff so I flashed the latest firmware to see if it fixed it now it's doing different wierd stuff & still being basically unusable, its stuck in power mode now & the vaping>modes>power option is stuck on A & won't change, despite all other fields on that screen freely changing from Y to N etc. Same with coils>manage>check, it's stuck on yes & won't change to no, which I know it should be on. Re-flashed firmare & same problem persists, doesn't look like older firmwares available to try going back anyone know what to do? Is there like some sort of hard reset? @funkyjunky ? Love my tubo dearly hope it's not on it's way out
Edit: Reading a few pages back my first main issue before the firmware flashing was experienced by someone else already - watts not getting above 0.9-1w, with temp number flailing around massively high, & no meanongful heat being generated, so could have a connection issue it seems is what might cause that, but that wouldn't explain the menu options being stuck would it?
did you lock the resistance? the right resistance?

Old_muel

did you lock the resistance? the right resistance?
Yeah coil resistance is correct & locked, won't budge out of power mode though, the options in the menu for vaping>modes>power & for coils>manage>check are literally stuck & I can't change them, think I'm gonna try flashing the normal joytech firmware or arctic fox & then back to latest myevic & see if that helps.
edit: Did what funky said a few pages ago & used Nfetools to reset data then re-flashed latest funky firmware, well that's gotten rid of being stuck in power mode & unstuck the menu options, thought I was back in action for a sec but nope now it's doing the crap again where the power is barely going over 1 watt, the temp number flailing around ridiculously high & no heat coming out (sigh), man this is frustrating as hell

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Yeah coil resistance is correct & locked, won't budge out of power mode though, the options in the menu for vaping>modes>power & for coils>manage>check are literally stuck & I can't change them, think I'm gonna try flashing the normal joytech firmware or arctic fox & then back to latest myevic & see if that helps.
edit: Did what funky said a few pages ago & used Nfetools to reset data then re-flashed latest funky firmware, well that's gotten rid of being stuck in power mode & unstuck the menu options, thought I was back in action for a sec but nope now it's doing the crap where the power is barely going over 1 watt, the temp number flailing around ridiculously high & no heat coming out (sigh), man this is frustrating as hell
please change in menu>interface>clicks, 4 clicks set to 'Edit' , then go back to main screen. click 4 clicks, change from power mode to TCR. is it work?

Old_muel

please change in menu>interface>clicks, 4 clicks set to 'Edit' , then go back to main screen. click 4 clicks, change from power mode to TCR. is it work?
Well that's strange my top line on my main screen just says 'tubo', then when I go into edit there are 3 fields in that top line above the temp, they are tubo, 185 & m1 & they all flash but of the 3 only m1 can be changed to m2 or m3, then when exiting the editing it's just 'tubo' up there again, & also in menu coils>manage> it's 'tubo' there too where you change resistance instead of being tcr. And to be clear it's out of power-only mode now the reflashing fixed that it's just not delivering proper power now, barely going above 1 watt & 1.5 amps or so (in cruise or holding trigger). The line below temp is set at pwr 70watts which I believe it should be at, can't figure this out, thanks for the suggestions too
Edit: This friggen thing is all over the place I give up for now it's just buggy as hell & changing it's behaviours every time I try something different

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Well that's strange my top line on my main screen just says 'tubo', then when I go into edit there are 3 fields in that top line above the temp, they are tubo, 185 & m1 & they all flash but of the 3 only m1 can be changed to m2 or m3, then when exiting the editing it's just 'tubo' up there again, & also in menu coils>manage> it's 'tubo' there too where you change resistance instead of being tcr. And to be clear it's out of power-only mode now the reflashing fixed that it's just not delivering proper power now, barely going above 1 watt & 1.5 amps or so (in cruise or holding trigger). The line below temp is set at pwr 70watts which I believe it should be at, can't figure this out, thanks for the suggestions too
if it's possible, upload a picture of your menu>coils>manage and menu>coils>tubo set, and your main screen
oh and try replacing the battery maybe?

Last edited:

Old_muel

any help much appreciated, as seen in the first shot it fires & goes into cruise but power is barely going over 1 watt & no meaningful heat is coming out, temp number hovers up around 400c though

Old_muel,
  • Sad
Reactions: dimmusp

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
this looks like a connection problem. you can try increasing the resistance in menu,coils, manage,TUBO to see if you can get the old performance back. if it doesnt work or gets worse again i will need to open it and see where the problem is.

for quicker help please contact me by mail

dimmusp

any help much appreciated, as seen in the first shot it fires & goes into cruise but power is barely going over 1 watt & no meaningful heat is coming out, temp number hovers up around 400c though
Hmmm, that sounds almost exactly like the problems I had with my TETRAx:

Last edited:
Top Bottom