• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mr_SpaceCadet

Oh yeah, what I mean about the two hits at a temp, if you are a temp stepping and you take more hits at the lower settings you won't get much out of it at the higher settings... so that would explain what you were describing. And yes if you take a hit at 380 you're not losing out on the lower temp compounds, you are just getting them along with more of the upper temp compounds as well! To help keep it in the stem, try a little tamp with your finger as well, also yeah big pieces and dry herb doesn't stay put as well so it could just depend on the bud... I think a fine grind is a little better, try that out with like a much finer grind than you were using before, then you can load more in the basket and pack it in and after the first hit it should be extremely secure... you also should get more out of the lower temps this way, but again if you are doing a lot of hits at the lower temps you won't see as much from the upper temps... So yeah I would say that it's the first thing for you to try, since it seems like you are a trying a lot, keep it up!

That makes sense about the hits and temp. I did wonder that. jBut I also do want to target certain things and avoid others, mostly during the day. I don't want to be too high or tired. I do use hemp flower as well, but it doesn't always quite balance it well enough, and I can actually get a little high sometimes.

I do tamp most of the time. I haven't tried a fine grind in a good while, but why would that be better? It seems like most recommendations for convection are medium and that fine can constrict airflow too much.

you sure it's calibrated well? on 384F the taste is amazing, even on 390F, and on 428F you are getting huge clouds but without hotspots?

I think it is calibrated well, yes. I have both a Tubo and Tetra now, actually. I didn't expect to actually get an order through, I had some luck with the Tubo but I saw a drop and I'd heard how it was faster, more powerful, and I liked the idea of lights to indicate things. I thought it would be worth a try to order but never expected it to go through.

I love the Tetra! But I still have the same issues, just less so. I love the faster heat up time and more even extraction, and I do like the indicator light. I do get more nervous about drops with it though, compared to the Tubo. And it's easy to tip over with the \_/ bottom. I don't know why others don't seem to have the tipping over problem.

The flavor is variable, maybe according to the material because they're of various ages and dryness. I'm getting sample packs from Integra Boost soon. I hope it's not too late to save some of them. I do get good flavor from 350-385ish, when I get it. But I typically can't taste it while drawing, only exhaling. Is that normal?

I do get some hotspots, but not always.

It's probably me because I did send the Tubo off to a mod from vaporents and he checked it. He noticed that the stems don't sit quite flush with the oven and recommended rimless baskets but they're out of stock fucking everywhere like vgoodiez and delta 3d studios. I wanted to buy some screens and a screen maker.

I also think I need to try new batteries, but LG HG2 was really hard to find, especially in stock, and the VTC5a and VTC6 were out of stock everywhere too. So based on some recommendations I saw here, I decided to try Molicel P26As, and they're arriving tomorrow if I can redirect the package because apparently only the street address is on it.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That makes sense about the hits and temp. I did wonder that. jBut I also do want to target certain things and avoid others, mostly during the day. I don't want to be too high or tired. I do use hemp flower as well, but it doesn't always quite balance it well enough, and I can actually get a little high sometimes.

I do tamp most of the time. I haven't tried a fine grind in a good while, but why would that be better? It seems like most recommendations for convection are medium and that fine can constrict airflow too much.
I think it is calibrated well, yes. I have both a Tubo and Tetra now, actually. I didn't expect to actually get an order through, I had some luck with the Tubo but I saw a drop and I'd heard how it was faster, more powerful, and I liked the idea of lights to indicate things. I thought it would be worth a try to order but never expected it to go through.

I love the Tetra! But I still have the same issues, just less so. I love the faster heat up time and more even extraction, and I do like the indicator light. I do get more nervous about drops with it though, compared to the Tubo. And it's easy to tip over with the \_/ bottom. I don't know why others don't seem to have the tipping over problem.

The flavor is variable, maybe according to the material because they're of various ages and dryness. I'm getting sample packs from Integra Boost soon. I hope it's not too late to save some of them. I do get good flavor from 350-385ish, when I get it. But I typically can't taste it while drawing, only exhaling. Is that normal?

I do get some hotspots, but not always.

It's probably me because I did send the Tubo off to a mod from vaporents and he checked it. He noticed that the stems don't sit quite flush with the oven and recommended rimless baskets but they're out of stock fucking everywhere like vgoodiez and delta 3d studios. I wanted to buy some screens and a screen maker.

I also think I need to try new batteries, but LG HG2 was really hard to find, especially in stock, and the VTC5a and VTC6 were out of stock everywhere too. So based on some recommendations I saw here, I decided to try Molicel P26As, and they're arriving tomorrow if I can redirect the package because apparently only the street address is on it.

So because the air flow is so wide open in the tetra, a fine grind and tight pack can help better regulate your hits for you... Also you can get stronger flavors this way, and thicker clouds, with a more even extraction...

Yeah as I said going after specific compounds that specific temps is just tricky, if you can make every other variable consistent, then you should be able to find settings that work for the effects you desire, but you kind of have to take that qualitative approach if that makes any sense?

Taste on exhaling is normal, sometimes you get a little in the beginning of a draw, but yeah flavor receptors and such as a complex thing lol Also regarding fit of stems, if you can find something to wrap around the joint that could help it seal tighter and further above the oven, or you can also try to grind down the tip of the joint if possible... I think getting a rimless basket into these stems would be difficult regardless...

Regarding tipping over, I essentially always always rested on its side, one of the flat sides, much more flat and secure that way... I do this for most of my vapes, laying them on their sides, rarely upright as that can be more risky!

Shit Snacks,

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
FWIW Linx eden concentrate pads fit perfectly in an 18mm basket screen. With the wide temp range in the evic (I’ve been using 450-460 F) the flavor and vapor density produced in my opinion is excellent, and when using the unit upside down, you can feel comfortable loading enough extract for a couple of tasty sessions....

disGRUNTled

Been awhile since I used the Tubo Evic , putting some Purple Sunset thru it .
6E6hc03.jpg

bF47X9P.jpg

rRFPunD.jpg

yJhU4tw.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Can the Tetra vape hash or other concentrates? How?

And what happens if I don't condition the wood?

Yes, with vape upside down, using some sort of concentrate pad and high temp... and only certain woods need conditioning, for the most part nothing will happen if you don't do anything, most people don't I would guess...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Likun

GoldenBud

Can the Tetra vape hash or other concentrates? How?
yeah it works perfect around temperatures of 230C - 240C, and even higher. I mixed herb with hash up to 240C, even 245C without combustion and stirring every few draws. and bho around 250C, even 260C (max temp of TUBO software)

GoldenBud,

MrBishi

Onyon Reng
My upgraded Tubo with Tetra heater has just landed :D

If anyone's on the fence about the heater upgrade I would say definitely go for it. All the slap of the original heater design but way better heating times and super-even extraction.

Loaded up 0.1 of some very gassy Guavadawg into the stem before and let her rip at 220. The vape was so terp-heavy and milky that it was almost overwhelming and made my sinuses and nose feel all 'fizzy' (for want of a better description :lol:)

Hits like an absolute dream through this recycler.
Thanks @funkyjunky, this thing is an absolute unit.

kdgenergy

Hey everyone! I just purchased a 2nd hand tubo evic and I'm stoked!
I've browsed through this forum and was curious what your recommendations for accessories are? I know a lot of the posts are older so just curious if there's better upgrades out now, so far I got:
New Murata VTC5A 18650 batteries.
I saw lots of people recommended The "Modular" cooling stem from DDavemods that comes with the rimmed basket screens. I believe any 18mm male should fit correct?
Or I saw people recommending the RBT XL8R stem.
I also plan to be hitting it with water from time to time so I need a WPA if you guys recommend anything specific.
Thanks for reading!

GoldenBud

I've browsed through this forum and was curious what your recommendations for accessories are? I know a lot of the posts are older so just curious if there's better upgrades out now, so far I got:
I saw lots of people recommended The "Modular" cooling stem from DDavemods that comes with the rimmed basket screens. I believe any 18mm male should fit correct?
I also plan to be hitting it with water from time to time so I need a WPA if you guys recommend anything specific.
Thanks for reading!
I recommend you LG HG2 / Sony VTC6 batteries, work great
any 18mm male will be fine yeah

Likun

I'm in need for new batteries, too. My tubo always shows the "weak battery" warning even when the batteries are like half full.
Does this seem like a battery or a device problem? Usually I can just skip through the "weak battery" warning though and continue until it's at about 20 %.

My upgraded Tubo with Tetra heater has just landed :D

If anyone's on the fence about the heater upgrade I would say definitely go for it. All the slap of the original heater design but way better heating times and super-even extraction.

Loaded up 0.1 of some very gassy Guavadawg into the stem before and let her rip at 220. The vape was so terp-heavy and milky that it was almost overwhelming and made my sinuses and nose feel all 'fizzy' (for want of a better description :lol:)

Hits like an absolute dream through this recycler.
Thanks @funkyjunky, this thing is an absolute unit.

I've been considering this but I'm not really convinced how much better the tubo can get? Never change a running system, you know..
Is the battery drain effected by the tetra heater change? How long did it the replacement take?

edit:

Thanks for reading!

You can take a look at the official tubo shop for accessories aswell shop.lamart.ch
There's been tons of additions since when I first bought my tubo 3 years ago. There wasn't even an official shop to begin with if I remember well.
The wooden stems look gorgeous.
I got a beech one from one of the first batches but unfortunately the S&B dosing capsules don't fit my vaping habits as they're too big. Is there any kind of option or mod to make them suitable for micro dosing? I've always been running through water or with the double rimmed basket screen capsule mod.
For the wpa just go for any 18 mm male to 18 mm male and place the rimmed basket screen in it. You can find those cheap from china but probably there are some more ecological options for not too much money in your country too.

Last edited:
Likun,

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
its normal for the device to show weak batteries below 50% charge especially on older cells. the message means the device is regulating output power to what the battery can still supply instead of the 70watts. its fine to use it but weaker. as above said, once the heater is warm the power consumption isnt that intense anymore and the message will disappear.

new batteries will solve the issue for a while ;)

actually i think tubo triple heater is more demanding at first since the coil to glass ratio is more on the glass side with thicker boro tubes compared to tje tetra heater, the difference isnt big tho

Likun

Well that was a quick reply :). Thanks for clearing that up.

I've got another question pointed directly at you @funkyjunky (or other owners of the power adapter). I've recently bought one of those power adapters from a fellow FC member.
It's acting kinda weird for my understanding. When I plug it in first of all the battery shows around ~ 87 % +/- 1 or 2 - is that normal?
Then I have around 50 % of a chance to get a functioning cruise mode going or just a "weak battery" warning and instantly quitting out of cruise mode. If that happens next I get is a "no atomizer found" message and the device kinda reboots. Then I'm like stuck in a reboot until i pull the battery adapter out and switch it in again. Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Well that was a quick reply :). Thanks for clearing that up.

I've got another question pointed directly at you @funkyjunky (or other owners of the power adapter). I've recently bought one of those power adapters from a fellow FC member.
It's acting kinda weird for my understanding. When I plug it in first of all the battery shows around ~ 87 % +/- 1 or 2 - is that normal?
Then I have around 50 % of a chance to get a functioning cruise mode going or just a "weak battery" warning and instantly quitting out of cruise mode. If that happens next I get is a "no atomizer found" message and the device kinda reboots. Then I'm like stuck in a reboot until i pull the battery adapter out and switch it in again. Do you have any idea what the problem could be?
it seems to me like upgrading firmware will be ok? how much time are you on same firmware? maybe just restore defaults or upgrading (using NFE tools)
"no atomizer found" and then after 1-2 seconds it goes back ok? sounds to me like upgrading firmware will be a good for this case
not too old batteries, too? right? under 1.5yr of using?

GoldenBud,

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
please @GoldenBud dont always recommend upgrading the firmware as a problem solution. there is almost no scenario where this actually solves anything. if the software worked once its not going to produce errors, its not a windows :p its much much simpler

if the firmware reboots which it can when voltage drops too much (under 2.5v) and is in cruise it will trigger a no atomizer because the chip needs a second or so to read the atomizer.

i suspect that the voltage is not turned up to max of the psu inside. i can give you measurements where to drill a small hole so you can insert a screwdriver and tune it up.

Likun

it seems to me like upgrading firmware will be ok? how much time are you on same firmware? maybe just restore defaults or upgrading (using NFE tools)
"no atomizer found" and then after 1-2 seconds it goes back ok? sounds to me like upgrading firmware will be a good for this case
not too old batteries, too? right? under 1.5yr of using?

I'm on this firmware since like 1 or 2 years without problems. And I'm talking about the power adapter not battery use but thanks for your suggestions.

please @GoldenBud dont always recommend upgrading the firmware as a problem solution. there is almost no scenario where this actually solves anything. if the software worked once its not going to produce errors, its not a windows :p its much much simpler

if the firmware reboots which it can when voltage drops too much (under 2.5v) and is in cruise it will trigger a no atomizer because the chip needs a second or so to read the atomizer.

i suspect that the voltage is not turned up to max of the psu inside. i can give you measurements where to drill a small hole so you can insert a screwdriver and tune it up.

That'd be awesome. How it is right now the power adapter is more a gamble than a reliable power source.
I haven't glued the cover in yet so I can still pull the psu out the box.
This is how it looks like

Likun,

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
That'd be awesome. How it is right now the power adapter is more a gamble than a reliable power source.
I haven't glued the cover in yet so I can still pull the psu out the box.
This is how it looks like
aah even easier then: on the left there is the voltage control, tht blue square. turn it up completely in clockwise direction.

please be very cautious when running it open like this, there is the risk of a mains voltage shock if you make contact with the screws on the right where the socket is connected!

Likun

aah even easier then: on the left there is the voltage control, tht blue square. turn it up completely in clockwise direction.

please be very cautious when running it open like this, there is the risk of a mains voltage shock if you make contact with the screws on the right where the socket is connected!

Thanks I'll try that and report once I've run a couple sessions. No worries I'm not using it like that. What kind of adhesive would you recommend for sealing the cover? It's poplar wood. Is hot glue fine or should I rather use some kind of wood glue?

Likun,
Top Bottom