• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

joner

Hello all,

Looking for folks' input on a question I've been asking myself....

So I've had my Tubo Evic for ~ 8 months now, and while I used it a whole lot when I first got it, I now only use it occasionally (2-3 times a week, maybe little more).

A while back, I had my wooden capsule stem get lodged in the vape due to leaving it for a week or so and there being a high spot on the wooden joint.

I tried dislodging it myself by wiggling it slightly back and forth in the joint before getting wise and sticking it in the freezer for a minute upon FJ's recommendation.

I think while wiggling it I may have slightly dislodged the heater from the wooden case or something, because there's a very slight rattle upon said wiggles.

Now, after a honeymoon period with a new splinter, and coming back to my Tubo, it almost seems as tho my Tubo is leaking air somewhere on the intake? If I cover the bottom hole (under the heater), I am still able to pull air through the mouthpiece. The glass joint is tight and no air is getting in there. Does air come in to the heater from the sides (hence the cutouts?)?

Am I being paranoid?

So if y'all cover the bottom hole, are you still able to pull air though the device?

If you have a Tubo and a splinter (v1), does the Tubo seem a lot more open flowing than the splinter? Almost "looser"?

Thanks FC, hope to get some user input.

joner

@joner do you have a glass stem to try if it has different impact? maybe try something like this, tighting the stem inside?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=G6w3H3yh7N8&feature=emb_title
and basically the splinters have 2-4 holes, the tubo's air intake is wider ..

Yes I just tried with two Lamart glass stems it's all good.

My usual stem is an og (smooth) bent medium length stem that I have filled with 3 mm glass beads for cooling purposes; I only use the wooden one once in a while, but it looks cool!

And yes my splinter only has 2 holes, I actually quite like the slight restriction.

Does yours stop flow when you cover the bottom heater opening?

joner,

GoldenBud

Yes I just tried with two Lamart glass stems it's all good.

My usual stem is an og (smooth) bent medium length stem that I have filled with 3 mm glass beads for cooling purposes; I only use the wooden one once in a while, but it looks cool!

And yes my splinter only has 2 holes, I actually quite like the slight restriction.

Does yours stop flow when you cover the bottom heater opening?
I don't own a Tubo,
but if you vape with only small light, you see the vapor leaking from that stem?

GoldenBud,
Reactions: joner

joner

I don't own a Tubo,
but if you vape with only small light, you see the vapor leaking from that stem?

Hmmm not quite sure what you mean , I don't think the stem is leaking, just wasn't sure if the heater draws air from anywhere but that intake on the bottom of the heater.

joner,

almost there

Hmmm not quite sure what you mean , I don't think the stem is leaking, just wasn't sure if the heater draws air from anywhere but that intake on the bottom of the heater.
My unit with the tetra heater feels more restricted with the bottom screen covered than the OG but neither of then is airtight with the bottom covered.

Last edited:
Hi, I posted here a month ago about my Tubo Evic not working and I sent it to Ralph.

He confirmed that he received it shortly afterwards and said he would take a look at it. It's been a month now and I have not heard back from him. I sent him two follow-up emails, with no response from Ralph. Anyone know what's going on with him?

Edit: Got a response by contacting him through the site. Reach out through the site if there's no responses.

Last edited:

Lexx21

I have an original tubo evic which seems to be stuck in wattage mode. I started having this issue when I flashed the latest firmware from lamart.

Has anyone seen this issue and is there a fix?

Lexx21,

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
reflash the firmware and then enter menu, coils,tuboset to verify m1 is 185. entering the menu saves the value again, which sometimes is not taken over after an update.

Lexx21

I just tried what you suggested and it is still stuck on power mode.

I also tried to download the original vtc mini firmware but that seems to be unavailable from joyetech. It may be a problem with their site. The thought was to go back to factory default then reflash with funkyjunky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lexx21,

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
that would have been a good idea if the file was still available, didnt know.

you can use the updater from nfetools.org there is an option to "reset dataflash" this should set you back to tubo mode, maybe install the latest file again after resetting the dataflash. then set you coil resistance, check to NO and enter the tubo_set menu again before trying it.

funkyjunky,
Reactions: dimmusp

disGRUNTled

558ccaa5-6817-4bc6-9fe3-74cd8b7240f9.jpg

2bfd2748-68ef-4482-9217-add8cb1616b8.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Nice! Mine is still a collectable of course ;)

I presume if it will be a new model, say a Tetra G3D (with RXgen3Dual), then it will get a new thread if/when ready... :brow:

Long live the OG Tubo though!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: 1nd3cEnt

almost there

Dang! If I wasn’t so incompetent with computers I would give it a go also. I’ll just have to wait till I make a friend in the real world that can hold my hand and walk me thru the firmware process. My tubo is too precious for me to experiment with

Megaton

Dang! If I wasn’t so incompetent with computers I would give it a go also. I’ll just have to wait till I make a friend in the real world that can hold my hand and walk me thru the firmware process. My tubo is too precious for me to experiment with

To be fair the instructions on the Lamart website are super thorough, you just need the right files + installer which is all linked there. Though I fully understand, no way I would want to risk turning my Tubo into a brick!

Failing that, which side of the real world are you on?

GoldenBud

What's the default PID settings?
TUBOx question - will Cuboid Mini be fine for 3-4 bowls at 220C? (the mini has 2400mAh battery)
thanks

GoldenBud,

Megaton

Ok, anyone else having issues with the new Tubo firmware? Now when I cruise with mine the coils glow up orange! Never had that before so turned it straight off!

Edit: I have now changed the Eco level to 3 and no more glowing coils! That's a relief. Will have to experiment between each level to see where the balance is between too much and just enough power.

Megaton,
Top Bottom