Tornado by Vestratto

hotmeals

Serial vapist
I'm still waiting on the screens for my Tornado to come in, these usage reports and videos are getting me kinda hyped. Having great fun with Forge/Anvil in the meantime.

hotmeals,
Reactions: simba

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Hey guys!!! Hope you have all been well. I finally got a tornado the other day and have been playing around with the torch. I just did a quick video for IG and Youtube on how to heat it which i must say isnt much different from the Anvil. I make my inner flame slightly larger than the oven then heat mid oven for a nice 30-35 sec 1st click.

I hope this helps some of you!

Torchin Tornado Turtorial

Smknbud

Tornado/Forge AVB at 3200J/50% power, stopper at highest position and I'm lifting the Tornado slightly during heat up using the flame symbol size on the Tornado to make sure I'm at the heating sweet spot. I get the Tornado disc clicks just after the heat up cycle. I prefer a darker AVB and this gets me where I want.

174883254.jpg

PrematureEvaporation

@Knewt

Thanks for such a comprehensive answer. What specifically about the connection on the tornado versus the anvil is causing the fitment issues? You mention it doesn’t go on fully so I’m guessing it’s a shallower “socket” on the female end?

Was hoping it was just a bit bigger circumference, that way it could be bodged onto the v2 stem and USA with bigger o-rings. Oh well, guess I’m out for the drop Monday. Less competition for those of you happy to use it on a WPA :p

PrematureEvaporation,

Knewt

The only stem I have that the T fits is the 1st gen stem that has an internally threaded female end. The T fits over the other stems (USA, 2nd gen), but doesn’t go on far enough to seal. It fits the WPA, but that is what it comes with.
I slightly misspoke here. The Tornado fits securely on the 1st gen stem, meaning both male and female parts are tight and all 3 o-rings are engaged. On the other stems the male part is longer because of the air vents at the end. When these stems are inserted into the Tornado only 2 of the 3 o-rings are engaged. The Tornado feels a little loose, but it does not fall off of these when held upside down. I am a light weight, so I have only used the Tornado with the included WPA and thru water.

SillyNotMe

The Tornado fits well on my stem. It’s the first generation “user’s edition.” One o-ring is exposed with my USA. I am not sure which generation I have. There are shorter ones. Regardless of my adapter being longer, it seats firmly all the way in to the Tornado. A little extra sticks out.

Oden

I find the Tornado gets me higher than my Thermocore using the same amount of herb. And I have found the Thermocore to be amazingly efficient.
Ok several reasons could explain that you feel more effects.
It does the same thing to me when I change my vape for another more efficient one..
But do you feel that steam is different?
This term gasification seems to be a scam to me.
Pure marketing.

But this tornado really seems to be a winner with the forge

PossumMD

It does the same thing to me when I change my vape for another more efficient one..
Pure marketing.

Should be called atomisation, but it is a thing and does lead to increased absorption at a faster rate with most compounds that are inhaled.

Roffa

Pure marketing.

It's different. I used the Anvil every day (until Tornado), so I can't compare with other vapes. It's definitely not new vape honeymoon. The vapor signature is different too. I vape purely for the effect.

Knewt

So John at Vestratto posted this in the Forge thread
Hi guys
John here.

I'm really sorry but right now I'd ask you to NOT use the Tornado with your FORGE induction heater until we find out what the problem is. We know a few things that it isn't - like over-heating etc. but it is beyond me until I get engineering support in the morning.

In any event we will be on this as our highest priority. I haven't heard any recent reports of problems with the ANVIL so I think you can continue to use that without any trouble. We don't want you to brick your FORGE on a "known problem". Once we fix the issue we will be working with each of you to remedy the situation. I'm really sorry this is happening but we are totally committed to this project so please stick with us.

Not every unit is showing the problem but please don't risk bricking your unit before we have a fix!

PrematureEvaporation

Luckily the early adopters will most likely see this.

I guess we should be getting more torch use reviews. Which i think we needed anyway. The cost of the forge is too prohibitive for many.
Obviously subjective but I think the flare is the better next gen IH anyway. Better form factor, and the battery situation is preferable to those power tool ones the forge uses. Those ones the forge uses aren’t that widely available internationally compared to 18650 cells.

BFG just need to tweak the flare and get rid of that auto wattage thing, that’s the only real downside it has thus far

PrematureEvaporation,
Reactions: RedZep

RedZep

Obviously subjective but I think the flare is the better next gen IH anyway. Better form factor, and the battery situation is preferable to those power tool ones the forge uses. Those ones the forge uses aren’t that widely available internationally compared to 18650 cells.

BFG just need to tweak the flare and get rid of that auto wattage thing, that’s the only real downside it has thus far
Do we have an indication the Tornado would work with the Flare? I was thinking of getting one for the Tempest at some point anyway.

PrematureEvaporation

Do we have an indication the Tornado would work with the Flare? I was thinking of getting one for the Tempest at some point anyway.
Yeah it works, check out @Custom Flower Hardware who runs theirs with a flare.

I can’t remember if I saw the vid on here or vaporents but it works pretty well. His AVB isn’t particularly dark though, I’d love to know if that’s a conscious choice by CFH to run it low or yet more wattage detection fuckery.

Either way BFG really need to remove that “feature” on the next run. If we want to run max wattage and melt our devices then let us melt them god damn it :lol:

PrematureEvaporation,

Oden

Yeah it works, check out @Custom Flower Hardware who runs theirs with a flare.

I can’t remember if I saw the vid on here or vaporents but it works pretty well. His AVB isn’t particularly dark though, I’d love to know if that’s a conscious choice by CFH to run it low or yet more wattage detection fuckery.

Either way BFG really need to remove that “feature” on the next run. If we want to run max wattage and melt our devices then let us melt them god damn it :lol:

I think it's because of the lighting in the video that its avb looks poorly extracted.
The flare is also much more affordable.
I heard that blacksmithing is very expensive, do you have any idea of the price?

Oden,
Top Bottom