Tornado by Vestratto

hotmeals

Serial vapist
The eagle has landed! Tornado screens are a little bit behind, but my Anvil is squeaky clean internally ready to test out the Forge. The case and the Forge itself look and feel real nice in the hand. Edit: After handling the Forge a little more, the plastic does feel slightly flimsy actually, but nothing horrible.

In response to past couple posts, not Tornado related:
From my experience, very subtle differences in technique can be the difference between 2 identical looking roasts with vastly different flavors out of the Anvil. At its best, it's really a good terpy taste IMO. It's one of only ~3 vapes in my collection that I consider capable of killing a bowl in one hit with great flavor. Probably in 3rd place for flavor out of those 3, but not by far, and it more than makes up for it in other areas. I'm expecting the Forge to make dialing it in much easier and more consistent, maybe even bump it out of third place.

Last edited:

Duba

Accessory Maker
After just a few hours in the hands of the Tornado, I've already been able to appreciate 2 things: enormous vapor production and density, and remarkable smoothness in view of the 1st element. Whether with the Forge or the torch, the results are consistent and impressive.
IMG-20240911-163804.jpg

Heating time with torch is not much longer than for the Anvil, and flame power requirements are no higher.
I've made a few bowls in a row, I'm baked.:D

KindBuddyBud

After just a few hours in the hands of the Tornado, I've already been able to appreciate 2 things: enormous vapor production and density, and remarkable smoothness in view of the 1st element. Whether with the Forge or the torch, the results are consistent and impressive.
IMG-20240911-163804.jpg

Heating time with torch is not much longer than for the Anvil, and flame power requirements are no higher.
Ok ok! Nice setup. I need to know a couple things @Duba. First off that leather “mood mat” is fuckin’ dope! But my questions are 1. Is that a cannabis hardware j-hook? (Do you have a link?) and 2. Where’d you get the stand for the tornado?

RedZep

IMG-20240911-163804.jpg

Having the same torch heat up time as the og Anvil seems sort of miraculous. I wonder what the Tornado tip would be like on Revolve or Tempest stem.

Duba

Accessory Maker
Having the same torch heat up time as the og Anvil seems sort of miraculous. I wonder what the Tornado tip would be like on Revolve or Tempest stem.
It probably takes a little longer (50sec with this torch, rather 35 with a 3-flame).
It should work well with these stems but for the moment, this version doesn't fit the USA kit very well, I've only managed to fit it on my shorter Anvil founder stem (with the mp welded on).

Ok ok! Nice setup. I need to know a couple things @Duba. First off that leather “mood mat” is fuckin’ dope! But my questions are 1. Is that a cannabis hardware j-hook? (Do you have a link?) and 2. Where’d you get the stand for the tornado?
1. it's a kind of poor man's CH pipe😂, a recycling of a 20€ alu pipe, with a dynavap stem and a Simrell mouthpiece (and a 14mm blackwood adapter custom made for me).
2. I create these kind of leather mat+ wood stand for 14mm adapter. (send me DM if interested, we could talk about that).

The torch experience is very good imo, don't worry about having the forge to make it good.

RedZep

It probably takes a little longer (50sec with this torch, rather 35 with a 3-flame).
It should work well with these stems but for the moment, this version doesn't fit the USA kit very well, I've only managed to fit it on my shorter Anvil founder stem (with the mp welded on).

1. it's a kind of poor man's CH pipe😂, a recycling of a 20€ alu pipe, with a dynavap stem and a Simrell mouthpiece (and a 14mm blackwood adapter custom made for me).
2. I create these kind of leather mat+ wood stand for 14mm adapter. (send me DM if interested, we could talk about that).

The torch experience is very good imo, don't worry about having the forge to make it good.
50 seconds is a lot. I don't like having torches on for that long. Most of them are not designed for that. Have you tested it with a larger torch, like the ones people use for the Quartz cap vapes?

I recall the og Anvil was not compatible with those larger torches.

eyevape

👀
50 seconds is a lot. I don't like having torches on for that long. Most of them are not designed for that.

I recall the og Anvil was not compatible with those larger torches.
I just recently recommended this torch. Works perfect with the Anvil and can stay on forever. The flame is on the smaller side while it’s more powerful than it looks. This only reflects in the sound as this thing is not quiet.
@delta hotel Best one I found in years, available at hardware stores and Amazon & Co
Durable, reliable, very powerful. I’ve torn off the cap as this thing is insensitive to dust and stuff.
Like a year or so and I’ve been torching the shit out of it. A friend of mine got the same thing several years ago, still works perfect. It outperforms my Blazer PB-207 by far.
Search for Industrial Pocket Torch, you should find the very same thing differently branded.

eyevape,

CharmCityVapeGuy

Known to some and enigma to others
My Tornado has arrived! Working on testing now. Question though, when I put the Tornado in the Forge the unit beeps the whole time it’s heating. It doesn’t do that with any other vapes. Is that normal?

CharmCityVapeGuy,
Reactions: simba

someTooL

Tornado arrived today…3 days early :rockon:

Very very impressed using with the Forge. The 2600 80% worked great for the starting point. Was green when done but clouds, many full lung pulls. Using the wagon wheel at same height too as Anvil. Have no concern that this will also pair with the Inductor nicely…that’ll have to wait, already 2 ovens in lol. Nice job John and team.

My Tornado has arrived! Working on testing now. Question though, when I put the Tornado in the Forge the unit beeps the whole time it’s heating. It doesn’t do that with any other vapes. Is that normal?
Mine beeps too with the Tornado.

Comfortably Numb

My Forge beeps with both Tempest and Tornado (thus far I've only done a couple of burn-off heatings with the latter).

Is anyone else dumb enough to try it on the Anvil stem, or am I the only one considering it? I don't love having glass out on my patio (stone pavers).
If mine was here that would be the first thing I do...I rarely use the Anvil with glass. I have had a new Vestratto WPA for months now and have yet to try it.

John said it would work even though he did not want to say it. My guess it is a little heavier? Might make the stem top heavy.

Comfortably Numb,

eyevape

👀
Is anyone else dumb enough to try it on the Anvil stem, or am I the only one considering it?
I will do so for sure. I don’t mind glass at all, but being able to take the Tornado to the bar would be a great benefit. I’d love to have a matching utility case.

Btw where are we order number wise?

Edit: We’re at #4281, I received the mail while I was asking 🥳 Now let’s see how long it takes to get this thing from Canada to Germany.

Roffa

It's a genius device. Haven't gone back to the Anvil after I got it. It doesn't fit the USA very well though, so it could at least use a dedicated adapter. And maybe it's own line of stems......

I had to adjust to the medication effect, because it's stronger for the same weight of flower. I suppose this is indeed a function of the gasifier.

It's a huge step ahead.

Top Bottom