Tornado by Vestratto

leanpubpackage

I forget my forge runs on batteries till it dries up lol, usually go 4 or 5 days of full use before it needs to be charged (6ah battery, approx 65 bowls)

Personally, I use cannabis to get medicated and if I can shave 40 seconds off each session I sure will, being able to heat the anvil in 10 sec has been a game changer for me. To me, time is the most valuable asset we don't have enough of, this thing has already paid for itself in saved time during sessions, which is what I felt after moving to the 1HE of the anvil from other dry herb vapes that took ages to fully extract.
:D
Agree with this sentiment. With the forge, you’re paying for additional convenience and time back. I also thoroughly enjoy the 10s heat up I get with forge for the anvil. The intended use, as vestratto positioned it as, is for medical users. Convenience and time adds up if you need to be medicated all the time.

Now, I’m not a medical user, and so the forge was a nice to have for me…as with the rest of the vapes I have. I’ll be torching the tornado when I get it because my good friend has my forge. It was sitting in the drawer since I got the venty, which is the only device I use now.

Texus

I’d much rather consider the Forge, if it wouldn’t be battery powered. I’d use it solely with the Tornado and I don’t use to go out with my bong. So a wall powered version would be much more convenient for me.

For my Anvil I don’t need a Forge, as I learned to torch it perfectly every single time. It also turned to a beloved ritual.
While also not inexpensive (and I don't know of any higher powered IH that is), if you are looking for a wall powered IH, the Camouflet Inductor works great with Vestratto products, and is easily adjustable for different devices/hit profiles (also, the Zooter is amazing if you do concentrates). If I could only have one IH, it would be that.

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
So has John been released from the gallows yet?
His response was still not very helpful, I understand he's busy and rich but 500 is a lot for a piece of kit especially for medical patients. I think a little more patience and analysis of the situation would have been nice, perhaps contacting DHL for a response on the shipper side for example, since they obviously were able to figure it out in the end.

Setting that aside... business is business I guess and we are here for the tornado :peace:
:freak:

CharmCityVapeGuy

Known to some and enigma to others
While also not inexpensive (and I don't know of any higher powered IH that is), if you are looking for a wall powered IH, the Camouflet Inductor works great with Vestratto products, and is easily adjustable for different devices/hit profiles (also, the Zooter is amazing if you do concentrates). If I could only have one IH, it would be that.
The inductor replicates using a torch without needing a torch. It’s doesn’t cut the heat up time by as much though.

CougheeCakes

I purchased the Tornado when they announced it was available on Aug 28th. Was that a preorder? Am I in for a 9 month wait or will it be shipping soon?

CougheeCakes,

CougheeCakes

And you misunderstood the response, your purchase wasn't a pre-order.
No, I understood his response perfectly. Both of you think I'm asking if my order was part of the 4/20 pre-order batch. That is not at all my question.

I would like to know if my purchase on Aug 28th, when they announced it was available, was for an in-stock unit that will ship shortly or if my order was a pre-order for a future yet-to-be-manufactured batch.

Does that help you and @Knewt get past y'alls fixation on the 4/20 "pre-order" label and to the heart of my query or must I explain my question in more granular detail?

I'm just trying to set my expectations.

CougheeCakes,

PossumMD

No, I understood his response perfectly. Both of you think I'm asking if my order was part of the 4/20 pre-order batch. That is not at all my question.

I would like to know if my purchase on Aug 28th, when they announced it was available, was for an in-stock unit that will ship shortly or if my order was a pre-order for a future yet-to-be-manufactured batch.

Does that help you and @Knewt get past y'alls fixation on the 4/20 "pre-order" label and to the heart of my query or must I explain my question in more granular detail?

As I said, you did not preorder anything. I suggest you take a step back and think about what that means in regards to your order.

Knewt

You will have to wait because only 420 orders are shipping and also because of your poorly worded question and your dismissive attitude towards those trying to help you.

Roffa

His response was still not very helpful, I understand he's busy and rich but 500 is a lot for a piece of kit especially for medical patients. I think a little more patience and analysis of the situation would have been nice, perhaps contacting DHL for a response on the shipper side for example, since they obviously were able to figure it out in the end.

Setting that aside... business is business I guess and we are here for the tornado :peace:
:freak:
the first exchange was not very helpful, it was only after I got the complete tracking information when it became clear what had happened. And I still stand by my declared intention that I would have reversed charges if necessary. Just to be super clear as to possible outcomes. Maybe that's the Dutch culture.

Last edited:
Roffa,

Roffa

Be all that as it may, what is the Tornado like?

Granted that I don't have the Forge working yet, because it needs (in Europe) exotic Milwaukee batteries and those are on order.
I vape purely for effect and for THC, and I evolved from Dynavap and the first user edition Anvil to a thermocore and XL everything anvil. I use both a torch and an Ispire Wand (hence the Forge). My torch is a very precise and very powerful Dremel with high output.

I wanted to dial in my use a little bit and wait before posting anything about the experience. I do micro dose, also in the Anvil XL bowl, I don't grind but tear off tiny nugs, that I'll squish a little bit. I use the XL bowl for this. I don't use screens.

First of all: this thing gets ultra hot, so be careful handling it! And be extra careful about heat lock. It does that very easily. It fits a #13 ring wrench and that's not a luxury.

I weighed the nug that I put into the bowl: 0.11g

tornado-bowl.jpg

Make sure you don't screw in the bowl all the way and screw it in straight. I cannot stress this enough

I have become very careful about heating. I torch the Tornado at the foot of the oven. I don't know if I'm doing it right, because if I wait for the click I overshoot, and am on the verge of combustion. I think the Forge's precision will take the guesswork out of this.

Here's a picture of how I torch it

torch-bowl.jpg

As soon as I start smelling vapor, I stop torching. When I place it in the bubbler and start hitting, that's when the bowl clicks. Two clicks, about a second apart.

tornado-bubbler.jpg

I have a high tolerance, am in NL and the cannabis I vaporize has a THC percentage of around 25%. I don't look down on Super Silver Haze. The Tornado's vapor is exceedingly pleasing. I vape for effect and it hits almost instantly. In an interview, John explained the thinking behind the secondary gasifier: a smaller molecule size and greater bio-availability of cannabinoids. I was curious if I would notice the effect of this in real life.

N=1.
Tornado's vapor does feel more "intense" than anything I get from my thermocore + xl bowl Anvil. That 0.11g nug is now inhaled and hitting hard. The near-instant hit reminds me of smoking joints, in the before times, but with very smooth vapor if you time it right and don't overshoot. The margins for error are small with the Tornado, but torching is totally possible.

Done in one is even more true for the Tornado than it is for the Anvil and I would advice to leave the bowl out and let the Tornado cool "between takes". Combustion is a risk if your Tornado is too hot at the start. I found that out twice already.

Nothing but praise for this exciting device. It is so incredibly efficient in getting the cannabinoids into my system. I love how it makes doing this even more accessible than before, because of the smooth quality of the vapor. And this seems to be the first iteration of a whole new direction the Anvil is going.

Lastly, this is the ABV I got from it:

tornado-abv.jpg

Caramel color, because I stopped before the click, fully extracted. I crushed it: it's dust.

What can I say. It's already my daily driver and that's before I've got the forge up and running.

Be all that as it may, what is the Tornado like?

Granted that I don't have the Forge working yet, because it needs (in Europe) exotic Milwaukee batteries and those are on order.
I vape purely for effect and for THC, and I evolved from Dynavap and the first user edition Anvil to a thermocore and XL everything anvil. I use both a torch and an Ispire Wand (hence the Forge). My torch is a very precise and very powerful Dremel with high output.

I wanted to dial in my use a little bit and wait before posting anything about the experience. I do micro dose, also in the Anvil XL bowl, I don't grind but tear off tiny nugs, that I'll squish a little bit. I use the XL bowl for this. I don't use screens.

First of all: this thing gets ultra hot, so be careful handling it! And be extra careful about heat lock. It does that very easily. It fits a #13 ring wrench and that's not a luxury.

I weighed the nug that I put into the bowl: 0.11g

tornado-bowl.jpg

Make sure you don't screw in the bowl all the way and screw it in straight. I cannot stress this enough

I have become very careful about heating. I torch the Tornado at the foot of the oven. I don't know if I'm doing it right, because if I wait for the click I overshoot, and am on the verge of combustion. I think the Forge's precision will take the guesswork out of this.

Here's a picture of how I torch it

torch-bowl.jpg

As soon as I start smelling vapor, I stop torching. When I place it in the bubbler and start hitting, that's when the bowl clicks. Two clicks, about a second apart.

tornado-bubbler.jpg

I have a high tolerance, am in NL and the cannabis I vaporize has a THC percentage of around 25%. I don't look down on Super Silver Haze. The Tornado's vapor is exceedingly pleasing. I vape for effect and it hits almost instantly. In an interview, John explained the thinking behind the secondary gasifier: a smaller molecule size and greater bio-availability of cannabinoids. I was curious if I would notice the effect of this in real life.

N=1.
Tornado's vapor does feel more "intense" than anything I get from my thermocore + xl bowl Anvil. That 0.11g nug is now inhaled and hitting hard. The near-instant hit reminds me of smoking joints, in the before times, but with very smooth vapor if you time it right and don't overshoot. The margins for error are small with the Tornado, but torching is totally possible.

Done in one is even more true for the Tornado than it is for the Anvil and I would advice to leave the bowl out and let the Tornado cool "between takes". Combustion is a risk if your Tornado is too hot at the start. I found that out twice already.

Nothing but praise for this exciting device. It is so incredibly efficient in getting the cannabinoids into my system. I love how it makes doing this even more accessible than before, because of the smooth quality of the vapor. And this seems to be the first iteration of a whole new direction the Anvil is going.

Lastly, this is the ABV I got from it:

tornado-abv.jpg

Caramel color, because I stopped before the click, fully extracted. I crushed it: it's dust.

What can I say. It's already my daily driver and that's before I've got the forge up and running.

How long are you torching for compared to the Anvil? Also surprising to hear the heat lock is still an issue. I thought the Tornado was being designed specifically to avoid that.

letter never sent,
Reactions: Kudzu407
Top Bottom