Tornado by Vestratto

hoyo77

This has probably been answered or maybe not.....does the Tornado work with a stem or do you have to use WPA or bong??

hoyo77,

eyevape

This has probably been answered or maybe not.....does the Tornado work with a stem or do you have to use WPA or bong??
It’s since been confirmed it’ll work with the integrated stem, whoever runs the insta got corrected by John after stating it was WPA only. Seems like it’s the same connection but won’t be running a condenser? He stated it wasn’t really designed to work with it but it does, so I imagine it’s a sort of “not quite optimal but it works” kind of compatibility

eyevape,
Reactions: Sidoney

Datoneguy

Any vids with this puppy in action or is it only pictures for now?

So curious to see this one. It's funny, seems like the opposite strategy of the Anvil where we saw Whiff a couple months in advanced previewing the anvil on video as almost a teaser. I thought that was pretty effective but I get why it pissed off vaporents lol, previewing items not available pisses some people off lol.

So this time around, it's dropping without trying to build hype before hand. Let the customer base do the hyping for them maybe. Idk lol.
No idea if I'm gonna get one of these because I haven 't seen it in action yet (please link video if I'm wrong lol) , but I'm finding the change in release strategy to be interesting. Probably a smart adjustment based on the vaporent culture.

Datoneguy,

Sidoney

Any vids with this puppy in action or is it only pictures for now?
Still no video yet, only pictures on the discord. Someone has #1 in hand and has posted pictures, but according to him, John has asked him to hold off on going live for a minute

eyevape

I totally bought a pig in a poke here, don’t even know how exactly the Tornado is supposed to work. Pulled the trigger based only on my excitement for the anvil and my belief in John as a true engineer. There are companies out there dropping stuff for sales sake. And there are companies who want to innovate in the first place. I totally consider Vestratto as the latter. I’m sure they won’t put out crap.

Datoneguy

I totally bought a pig in a poke here, don’t even know how exactly the Tornado is supposed to work. Pulled the trigger based only on my excitement for the anvil and my belief in John as a true engineer. There are companies out there dropping stuff for sales sake. And there are companies who want to innovate in the first place. I totally consider Vestratto as the latter. I’m sure they won’t put out crap.
Hahaha gotta treat yourself sometimes dude. I'm thinking it will be a solid device, will it be for you? No idea lol but i'm sure it will have some things going for it for sure. I'm curious to see if it's comparable to an anvil signature or way different. I'm trying to keep my collectional minimal (by minimal i mean like 7/8 devices lol. Just not sure if Tornado will fill a function or vape signature that's drastically different from what I already have or not. That's probably going to be a determining factor on my interest level, but obviously way too early to judge that lol. I totally believe they would message someone who got there's early not to show on video yet, definitely seems like they want to do the launch differently from the anvil. Now im curious to see how it compares to the Anvil launch. Guess I'll be following the thread to see how this goes for people.

AndyO

Yeah, as I alluded to earlier, that was pretty much my thinking as well... I don't know much about it, but I love the Anvil, and I have faith in the company as engineers and developers.

eyevape

@Datoneguy I’m trying to keep my collection top notch 😄 Right now it’s 4 different vapes in 6 devices (Anvil and Tempest respectively with stem + wpa). But I’m not a collector, I’m a user with the need for diversity and variety. So I really love and use them all. For the tornado I consider the atomization thing to set it apart from my other vapes. Worst case scenario would be that it’s just a big Anvil - which after all would also be a great thing 😁

@AndyO Yeah, they truly earned some blind faith. I wouldn’t have done this purchase based on next to no information at hardly any other company.

Last edited:

Datoneguy

Btw is there any estimates on shipping or when you guys will get your Tornados? This is the last vape I'm checking out before leaving FC for a while (current plan at least lol). I'm thinking I'll log out and just come back here later on when you guys start giving impressions of the device.

Roffa

Sooooooo, my order #4073 was shipped by Vestratto apparently, and I did the DHL pick up locker thing: NO forge and tornado.

I have contacted John, knowing that he almost never responds to emails. However, if we are not in contact by next week I'm contesting a hefty charge of over $500. Sadly and with much regret. I've got a great screen on the way though....

So that you know, it' s not plain sailing.

@Whiff

Last edited:

RedZep

Sooooooo, my order #4318 was shipped by Vestratto apparently, and I did the DHL pick up locker thing: NO forge and tornado.

I have contacted John, knowing that he almost never responds to emails. However, if we are not in contact by next week I'm contesting a hefty charge of over $500. Sadly and with much regret.

So that you know, it' s not plain sailing.

@Whiff
I don't understand. So you received an empty box? Or did you only get one and not the other?

RedZep,

Roffa

I don't understand. So you received an empty box? Or did you only get one and not the other?
No, the locker was empty. Apparently there are two shipments one is #4318, that one is still on its way and is a screen for free and it will arrive september 18?
the other was my original order #4073 and apparently that was delivered, only it wasn't. Took a picture of the empty locker and now have DHL hell to look forward to.

Update: John considers it delivered, because I opened the DHL locker, which was empty. I've been a Vestratto customer from the user edition, and grew with the new stem and the thermocore. I'm disabled and $500 is a lot of money for me, so I'm contesting the CC charge and I'll see what comes of it. Very happy with the Anvil, but this is a bitter experience.

Last edited:

RedZep

No, the locker was empty. Apparently there are two shipments one is #4318, that one is still on its way and is a screen for free and it will arrive september 18?
the other was my original order #4073 and apparently that was delivered, only it wasn't. Took a picture of the empty locker and now have DHL hell to look forward to.
Bit devastating that mate. I hope it gets sorted quickly.

RedZep,
  • Sad
Reactions: Roffa
Top Bottom