TinyMight / TM 2

mpaulc

To add to what @Cheebsy said what you want is the side opposite the button to smack into your palm , that way the motor will be held securely in the silicone sleeve and not be knocked free of it. Second if you have to disassemble the bottom plate doesn't just pull off after you remove the screw , if you try and pull it it will pull the heater lose, what you need is a pick tool to push the ridge of the mini USB while gently pulling the bottom cap. Good luck
Thanks guys. The hand-banging brought the motor back to life enough to allow me to hear its gurgles. But I’d say the situation is worse now. Because now I can’t turn the unit on at all. Three clicks gets me a sustained gurgle vibration — and then turns off.

So it sounds as though I’m heading back into the trenches. I’m embarrassed to admit what poor luck I’ve had repairing my TM. I blame myself for being extra lousy at stuff like that. Well, I blame the TM a little. :)

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Are you sure the battery isn't dead? Try charging via the USB port when my tinymight arrived it would turn on to on demand mode but as soon as I went to hit it would die and I wasn't getting any battery level buzzes either, charged internally for 10 minutes and it must have rebooted it because it started working fine. Maybe you might get lucky

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Thanks guys. The hand-banging brought the motor back to life enough to allow me to hear its gurgles. But I’d say the situation is worse now. Because now I can’t turn the unit on at all. Three clicks gets me a sustained gurgle vibration — and then turns off.

So it sounds as though I’m heading back into the trenches. I’m embarrassed to admit what poor luck I’ve had repairing my TM. I blame myself for being extra lousy at stuff like that. Well, I blame the TM a little. :)
Is your battery depleted? Try another battery before throwing in the towel. I should add that If you do attempt to take the bottom plate off, make sure the contacts on the motor housing are connecting well with the board in addition to freeing the ‘motor’ in the black housing. Good luck. :peace:

mpaulc

Is your battery depleted? Try another battery before throwing in the towel. I should add that If you do attempt to take the bottom plate off, make sure the contacts on the motor housing are connecting well with the board in addition to freeing the ‘motor’ in the black housing. Good luck. :peace:
thanks again for your thoughts, everyone. Nope. Battery works fine. looks like I’ll be going in. I suppose I should write to TM first and at least get some instructions. sounds like this is the kind of repair intended to be done by users — vs sending it back. I’m sure it will go perfectly fiiiiiiiiiine.

stonedmallone

sorry for the dumb question, but after the vibration letting you know it's ready to hit, are you supposed to keep the button held down as you hit it or once it's ready, take the finger off and hit

stonedmallone,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
thanks again for your thoughts, everyone. Nope. Battery works fine. looks like I’ll be going in. I suppose I should write to TM first and at least get some instructions. sounds like this is the kind of repair intended to be done by users — vs sending it back. I’m sure it will go perfectly fiiiiiiiiiine.

Just use very plain English in your email to them, say you're sending it in, ask for a return label, should be fine to take care of, don't feel bad about not repairing yourself, I also would not feel comfortable doing that!

sorry for the dumb question, but after the vibration letting you know it's ready to hit, are you supposed to keep the button held down as you hit it or once it's ready, take the finger off and hit

Yes keep the button held throughout your hit, in on demand mode, and keep inhaling after you let go of the button, to clear the vapor from the stem and the heat from heater :tup:

fondoobious

Hawker of Vapeware
I can confirm that ∆8 distillate(NOT wax) in a 10mm bucket works well, so I am also curious if the recalibration could get it hot enough(300 C at least) to boil concentrates. If so, it would make the tinymight so much more versatile, especially for a portable unit, even though it obviously wouldn't be ideal for extracts.

I also contacted tinymight support to try and unlock this higher range, but never got a reply. Someone in this thread posted about it in the past and probably knows the unlock code, I just can't find the post in the search anymore.
Not true. The carta buckets(both metal and glass) work great in the tinymight with delta8 distillate and hash in session mode. They also work well in my EVO, another convection device.

cleeb said:

Can anyone tell me what the highest temperature possible is after contacting the manufacturer to recalibrate? I noticed that focus carta buckets fit nicely in the tinymight and was wondering if it can achieve concentrate temps. Not getting any response from their support. Thanks

I don't know the answer to your question, but I can tell you right now the Carta buckets are not going to work to turn this into a concentrate device... Carta uses conduction and this is pure convection so it's going to be a total waste of power and energy to try to heat a Carta bucket with a TM, I doubt it's even possible without damaging anything.

fangorn

Hi @PPN
I really liked your article ... and your writing style! it's easy to read and it makes you want to !! and even if it is necessarily a little subjective, we see that you wanted to remain neutral! well done !!
600 characters ... it's concise ... I imagine not even 300? !!! I see some stuff you could have added (the different stem options), but not much that you could have taken away ...
I also loved your photos 😂😉 too bad the photographer did not use a real camera!

ps: Nice site too! if you are looking for testers / writers let me know 😉
or if you want a proofreading / an opinion on your articles from elsewhere !!

still well played to you!
a +

Last edited:

Momor

Written by myself in my native language (french), feel free to say what you think about it, good or bad, I have to improve myself (it was supposed to be a "short" article, 300-500 words, at the end it's +650 words:shrug:).
Maybe you could just add that it's also possible to disable the LED light for more stealth (not just the vibration).
Also, although it benefits from a deep and long inhale as any other pure convection vaporisers, IMO, the good thing about the TM is that you can take quite short draws (let's say for less than 10s) and get great results 😉
It's a good article 👍 (also don't really see how to make it shorter)

Last edited:

mpaulc

I can confirm that ∆8 distillate(NOT wax) in a 10mm bucket works well, so I am also curious if the recalibration could get it hot enough(300 C at least) to boil concentrates. If so, it would make the tinymight so much more versatile, especially for a portable unit, even though it obviously wouldn't be ideal for extracts.

I also contacted tinymight support to try and unlock this higher range, but never got a reply. Someone in this thread posted about it in the past and probably knows the unlock code, I just can't find the post in the search anymore.
I would LOVE to know the higher-temp code. My TM has always been in different time zone as far as temperature. I start at 8.5, and then 10. Anything less does nothing (herb still green).

mpaulc,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Edit: Not sure if this has been mentioned before but putting a little bit of beeswax/mineral oil/etc on a really tight fitting stem can help a lot with stem insertion.
Not that we need to be talking about stem insertion in this kinda forum :brow: I bought some of this when I was doing a lot of frankenglass a while back. Works well for sticky joints. There are lots of different brands of it out on the web...
Slide.jpg

One more thing to try. Are you SURE you don't have the temp setting too low? That will exhibit the same behavior. That is travel mode, and the first step in changing the temperature range.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi @PPN
I really liked your article ... and your writing style! it's easy to read and it makes you want to !! and even if it is necessarily a little subjective, we see that you wanted to remain neutral! well done !!
600 characters ... it's concise ... I imagine not even 300? !!! I see some stuff you could have added (the different stem options), but not much that you could have taken away ...
I also loved your photos 😂😉 too bad the photographer did not use a real camera!

ps: Nice site too! if you are looking for testers / writers let me know 😉
or if you want a proofreading / an opinion on your articles from elsewhere !!

still well played to you!
a +
Maybe you could just add that it's also possible to disable the LED light for more stealth (not just the vibration).
Also, although it benefits from a deep and long inhale as any other pure convection vaporisers, IMO, the good thing about the TM is that you can take quite short draws (let's say for less than 10s) and get great results 😉
It's a good article 👍 (also don't really see how to make it shorter)
Thank you for noticing the missed infos, I will update the article with the different stems options and the LED on/off feature for more stealth... maybe (idk if it's possible since I don't post myself on vaporisateurs.org , somebody else did it). About hit's duration also, yes @Momor this is exactly how I use mine, strong and short draws give me good (very good!) results without to cough, imo the longer&larger draws need some vaporpath length added or water filtration. Forgotten the "short draws" mention. TY

fondoobious

Hawker of Vapeware
Thanks mpaulc, I found the instructions to max out the heat. My only concern is whether it will go back to regular mode with a standard reset. I'll quote it again for everyone:

Tweakz said:

a message for everyone ⚠

1) first of all, remove the battery lid and insert it again to reset
the device
2) turn the temperature dial to minimum position
3) make a successful triple click as if you were trying to turn it on.
The.unit should give you short burst of vibrations and not start as
the temperature is set to the lock position

4) wait 2 seconds

5) repeat the triple click successfully, until you have done it
EXACTLY five times.

6) Now turn the temperature dial to max and turn on the device with a
triple click.

IF you were successful, the unit will start to vibrate continuously
and you will have a white color of light coming from the back of the
device.

7) To save this setting press and hold the button until all vibrations
have stopped.

next time you turn the unit on, you will have +3 steps higher
temperature than you used to have with each setting.
Well you can repeat the same process and after pressing on the max
turn it down to 6 or 5 to decrease the temp to normal.

This is what I received from tiny might. On how to fix my settings when it started to seem it was losing its potential.

But use them at your own risk and caution cuz they are supposed to be used only at certain situations. And are not ment for the public."

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
And I will remind people one more time that most low power issues are not caused by an accidental change of the temperature scale. It is more likely a contact problem inside the device either on the metal strip or in the battery compartment and should be resolved mechanically rather than by jacking up the temps. If you never saw the solid blue light on your TM, your temp scale has probably not changed and changing it yourself may just be a panacea and may lead to combustion, especially if your contact problem should resolve itself. That is why the vendor does not automatically inform us of the method for changing the temperature scale and it is a "secret" fix. He does not expect us to need it.

Momor

Thanks mpaulc, I found the instructions to max out the heat. My only concern is whether it will go back to regular mode with a standard reset. I'll quote it again for everyone:

Tweakz said:

a message for everyone ⚠

1) first of all, remove the battery lid and insert it again to reset
the device
2) turn the temperature dial to minimum position
3) make a successful triple click as if you were trying to turn it on.
The.unit should give you short burst of vibrations and not start as
the temperature is set to the lock position

4) wait 2 seconds

5) repeat the triple click successfully, until you have done it
EXACTLY five times.

6) Now turn the temperature dial to max and turn on the device with a
triple click.

IF you were successful, the unit will start to vibrate continuously
and you will have a white color of light coming from the back of the
device.

7) To save this setting press and hold the button until all vibrations
have stopped.

next time you turn the unit on, you will have +3 steps higher
temperature than you used to have with each setting.
Well you can repeat the same process and after pressing on the max
turn it down to 6 or 5 to decrease the temp to normal.

This is what I received from tiny might. On how to fix my settings when it started to seem it was losing its potential.

But use them at your own risk and caution cuz they are supposed to be used only at certain situations. And are not ment for the public."
Actually on step 6) you can put the temperature dial anywhere you want except 0.

If you're successful the TM will indeed start to vibrate continuously and with a steady LED light , not necessarily white but on another color than red.

Now here you can turn the temp dial up or down and skim through 7 different LED colors IIRC, that correspond to different step of the calibration.
Fourth colour is normal calibration, and the other are 1 or 2 or 3 step higher/lower in the calibration.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Found this fantastic stem. Completely transforms the tinymight.
Really cools, looks good, feels good and great 'mouthfeel'.
I love it......

That is so awesome dude! Seems like the perfect stem, you found it somewhere and did not have to get it custom made?? Do tell please... I'm also curious though, how are you able to get the basket screen out of the stem, since you cannot push it from the other end...? That has been my Everest lol

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Found here in France and for only 17 Euros.
But I'm not sure how reliable the source is.
I have a second one on its way and once / if I have it in hand and it is as good as this one then I'd be more than happy to help support the seller.
It has been a bit of a mission so far.... But definitely worth it as it is fantastic.

I can easily draw the screen out with a sharp point or if I really have to a wooden skewer will squeeze through.
It was designed to be used with the cooling unit but the screen alone works fantastic.

Makroskop

I got my TM finally. This guy really put the wrong adress (postcode) on the packet and it took 15 days or more until it was at my home. What a chaotic order....

I had to make 5 calls with the DHL delivery people to correct the adress finally.That stupid delivery guys were not able to correct it with the first call.... and it is really annoying that this item came to me with some bugs. .... , you cant believe what I go through the last days.

So, My brand new TM is doing lightnings when I am putting LG battery or the original samsung. You can see the lighting on the bottom at the loading port.

With Murata battery its working normal...

Anyone know that stupid issue?

I cant believe that.

Also Ive a 3,5mm-4mm gap dimension between the wood and aluminium, I can even see the hardware...

Sadly 0 responce on my Email request from the TM Owner.

I am really afraid about the Lightning thing when I put the the LG or the original Samsung battery..... Any ideas? Straight to carbage?

What a sad story.

Last edited:
Top Bottom